Loving wives is brutal

storm_usmc

Experienced
Be careful before submitting to Loving Wives. I find there are so many different opinions on what a loving wife story is that the feedback can be vicious.

Be careful before submitting to Loving Wives. I find there are so many different opinions on what a loving wife story is that the feedback can be vicious.
Post as an alt to divert and contain attacks. Then vicious fucktards can't one-bomb you across categories.

LW is a bane

LW is poorly named or poorly--almost oppositionally--described. A loving wife does not cheat in normal circumstances, yet she can be sexy and worth a good story. The LW category calls for cheating perhaps because it adds excitement. There is no category specifically for married sex; erotic coupling might include that. The contrariness of title and description leads to much of the antagonism in the story comments.

LW should include loving relationships befitting its title. A separate category for adulterers should be established so the BTB crowd won't have to wander through my stories to discover that the adulteress does NOT get murdered, does not face vengeance, and does not even figure much in the story. I like the idea of vengeance too, but most of the vengeful go to jail; the idea of an otherwise good guy languishing in prison after getting some form of vengeance is like slicing your tires to keep someone else from riding your bike.

Perhaps the worst thing about a failed relationship is that it is forever open-ended: the faithful are ultimately just emotional victims with little opportunity for succor.

LW is poorly named or poorly--almost oppositionally--described. A loving wife does not cheat in normal circumstances,

The Web site's take on the category is quite clear and stated: "Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more." It IS about cheating in marriage. The title "Loving Wives" doesn't pin down who the wife is loving. That's not the interpretation of those who provided the category.

Agreed

The Web site's take on the category is quite clear and stated: "Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more." It IS about cheating in marriage. The title "Loving Wives" doesn't pin down who the wife is loving. That's not the interpretation of those who provided the category.

100% agreement, the people that read it don't seem to understand what it's about!

Bad for scores, great for attention--good and bad.
Quite true. Post to LW for comments, to Incest for views. Expect many comments to be hostile. Group and Incest are usually good for votes. I'm not sure how to pander for votes in LW except to maybe for divine justice to BtB. If I cared, I suppose I could read top-scoring LWs to see how they're built.

Quite true. Post to LW for comments, to Incest for views. Expect many comments to be hostile. Group and Incest are usually good for votes. I'm not sure how to pander for votes in LW except to maybe for divine justice to BtB. If I cared, I suppose I could read top-scoring LWs to see how they're built.

You do understand the danger to your mind in what you propose, don't you? Be not tempted beyond your strength...nor venture forth into darkness ill prepared :eek:

You do understand the danger to your mind in what you propose, don't you? Be not tempted beyond your strength...nor venture forth into darkness ill prepared :eek:
I'd read only the stories, not the comments. Hey, I found many LW tales to be good dramas. Maybe they're best read on the Android app, which omits comments. That's humane.

Loving wifes is one of the most popular stories on here so I surpose only normal it generates one of the most heated pashions or debates,though some comments that people make are well over the top,I mean there only stories

Group ... usually good for votes.
Not what I've found. My latest five parter went there and pretty much sunk into oblivion. It's slowly being read, but the buggers sure as hell don't vote. I doubt I'll go there again - Erotic Couplings would have done better, I reckon; more readers.

Mind you, it was labelled as Parts 6 - 10 of my Floating World series, so perhaps my marketing was less than clever, folk thinking it was part of an on-going thing, which it wasn't really.

I'd read only the stories, not the comments. Hey, I found many LW tales to be good dramas. Maybe they're best read on the Android app, which omits comments. That's humane.

Oh Hypoxia, such noble intentions. It's not whether or not it's humane—Is it safe? Did the stories attract crazies...or spawn them :eek: I repeat; Do not tempt yourself lest you become the lure of your own demise! I'm in touch with a remote monastery if you need shelter from temptations too strong to battle.

Oh Hypoxia, such noble intentions. It's not whether or not it's humane—Is it safe? Did the stories attract crazies...or spawn them :eek: I repeat; Do not tempt yourself lest you become the lure of your own demise! I'm in touch with a remote monastery if you need shelter from temptations too strong to battle.
I quit datura long ago. Whew.

, Mind you, it was labelled as Parts 6 - 10 .

that's the killer. It implies 6 previous chapters have to be read on an previously unknown story. I'd walk right by it.

LW is easy. Just walk carefully between 10 or so diverse groups and don't let the arrows hit you in the back on the way out ;)

Last edited:
I recall a claim that maybe over half of LIT readers use the Android app which doesn't support votes or comments. I don't know if app views are counted. But it's certain that all the numbers and feedback we obsess over derive from an unknown subset of unknowable readers using browsers. Thus: chill.

100% correct...i felt bad for the writers after seeing some of the opinions....as long as there is a good flow..no complaints from me as i appreciate the author's submitting them...Great post😆

I just don't think "Loving Wives" is a good category name.

Humiliated Wives: wife is being cheat on stories
Loving Wives: wife is doing the cheating

I just don't think "Loving Wives" is a good category name.

Humiliated Wives: wife is being cheat on stories
Loving Wives: wife is doing the cheating

I think the category name is quite good. It either describes wives who are loving (not necessarily her husband) or someone loving wives (his own or someone else's). It's a bit more cryptic than other categories, but the description should make it clear what the purpose is: "Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more"

I think the category name is quite good. It either describes wives who are loving (not necessarily her husband) or someone loving wives (his own or someone else's). It's a bit more cryptic than other categories, but the description should make it clear what the purpose is: "Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more"
"And more" covers a lot of territory, like cheating. "Swinging, sharing" could fit Group as well as LW and will more likely receive a positive response there. Simple one-on-one cheating could comfortably work in EC. So, post in LW for the views and comments.

It's a minefield, that's for sure. And even if you do put a true loving wife story in LW (married man and woman - to each other, no one else involved) the trolls still find asinine stuff to grab hold of, and it can be one minor little thing they cling to as their reason for firebombing the whole works.

Of course, I'm sure there are also ones out there who look for high-scoring stories, don't even read them and bomb them.

The bottom line is: you aren't going to satisfy everyone, regardless where your story gets placed. There are also people who go out of their way to be rude and will find any reason to find fault with someone else's work, even though they're too gutless to try the writing game themselves because they know people like them will do precisely what they're doing to others, and are too thin skinned to take the kind of stuff they dish out.

Write for yourself and no one else. Yes, Loving Wives is a tough category to post to, but sometimes, your story doesn't fit anywhere else. Ignore the people who are only out to belittle others because it's the only way they can feel relevant to themselves. Many, but not all, enjoy the name Anonymous.

There's no real cure for them, unfortunately, though you can disable anonymous feedback and comments (even though that just pisses them off more) and you even have the option as an author to disallow voting, if you get really tired of trolls with pockets full of ones to throw at you.

It's a minefield, that's for sure. And even if you do put a true loving wife story in LW (married man and woman - to each other, no one else involved) .

But to the readers that category IS NOT about your idea of a "true" loving husband and wife.

There are those authors/readers who want to remake the category and ignore the descriptions and newbie authors who don't bother to read the description.

Can you blame the readers for getting angry and flaming them. If an author ignores or deliberately sets out to disrespect them....

Flaming is a natural outcome of that along with 1* bombs.

Those kind of hus/wife stories would easily fit in romantic or erotic without pissing the natives off. The category has been what it's been for twenty years and I doubt it's changing.

Actually, I don't think a lot of the trolls really know what they want from LW, except for a place to spout vitriol. I often get the impression that most of them aren't really there to enjoy the stories, but to find fault, regardless what it might be. And if they can't find a problem, they'll make one up.

And like the post that attached the bit where the comment went into depth on how he (let's face it, most of them are men) thought the mechanics should have gone: The majority of them that do such things, aren't really correct when they try to critique the author's form.

There are times where Loving Wives is the only category for a story to go to. We've all had them, and weighed the pros and cons before choosing that particular button, knowing that the trolls are lurking beneath that particular bridge, just waiting to come prancing in, blurting out a particularly UN-helpful "This shit sucks!" then go dancing off to wherever they go with a smug look on their faces, feeling better about their drab, uninteresting existences.

If you're posting to LW, and are afraid for what the trolls are going to say, and how they're going to vote, and really don't want to hear it, just disable all that stuff for that particular story. Yeah, it'll piss the trolls off even more that they won't be able to get their rocks off pissing all over you, but at least you don't have to deal with it...

Back