The 2019 Literotica Geek Pride Story Event: Official Support Thread

I have one in the works involving astronomy geekery, i.e. amateur astronomy. It leads into a satire of conspiracy theories (I know, conspiracy theories are self-satirizing, but I can dream...) and eventually culminates in an orgy with surprising pairings-off. Should be fun. I originally thought of it for April Fool's, where it would also work, but it's going to take too long to iron out.

I'm working. Still. Not sure if it's worth it, but I'm trucking on. Two stories, to be exact. Rem II is still on the docket and planned out until the 75k word mark and my editor, evil git he is, has planted the seeds for "Twin Suns Of Atlantis II" which I'm picking away at.

Where was I? Oh yes. Whiskey and Coke. Yum. Don't trip over my feet under the desk.

Telescopes. Amazing tools offering god-worthy views. :rose:
Back in the day, my PMC MicroMate computer user group met in an observatory dome with a big honking refractor tube hanging over us. Hot times! Try to out-geek THAT.

There is one called the Shore Line Trolley Museum in East Haven that I've visited. Its pretty cool and you can take a couple of mile ride as well as seeing the repair shop and their trolley collection.

http://shorelinetrolley.org/

I've been there too - I took my father-in-law for a visit in the 1980s and my kids there in the 1990s.

I might have a story set there because I know the layout of the place.

Back in 1978 or 1979, I visited a nuclear reactor that was used in the research we were doing. Shh. Don't tell anyone because it's a secure site, and we didn't have the necessary clearance.

It was cool. You could stand on top of the reactor and look down at that spooky blue glow inside. It wasn't used for power generation, so the temperature was low. The physicists running the place kept it at human body temperature -- a constant 98.6 degrees F.

I thought that was geeky, and I still do.

I'm not sure about the geek thing. I maybe too old for it but.... I do have an idea and so far I have a meteorite, Spider-man PJ's, a Conan comic, and a crippled guy who is now standing up. Where it is going I do not have a clue but I have 775 words captured and assembled.

I'm not sure about the geek thing. I maybe too old for it but.... I do have an idea and so far I have a meteorite, Spider-man PJ's, a Conan comic, and a crippled guy who is now standing up. Where it is going I do not have a clue but I have 775 words captured and assembled.
If that's Conan #1 it's worth a bundle. I don't know about the PJs. Are they soft?

Spiderman's origin: bitten by a radioactive spider
Meteorwoman's origin: bitten by a glowing meteorite

I don't want to know what superpowers result when bitten by a mutant cripple.

PS: Falcon sex hats

Last edited:

:D Marvelous.

Classic Biology Geek Response: "Wait, so what does falcon semen look like, then? Do the little hexagonal shapes and texture matter?"

I had to research the appearance of Vulcan semen for one of my stories. And yes, I found a "True Geek" source, Memory Alpha, that told me about the cardiovascular system vs blood color vs mass density of a pointy-eared fictional alien,, and I hammered out the rest of the details on my own from there.

Falcon Sex Hats. Just...wow. :D

Oh yes. That's where mine is going. Geeks go on a date to the Powerhouse Museum (officially now the Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences, https://maas.museum/powerhouse-museum/) to see the Boulton and Watt steam engine. When locked in the museum overnight, the geeky engineer gets creative with adapting the 1/12 scale model to more erotic purposes. I've already got my favourite engineer drawing up blueprint plans -- it might be an illustrated story :)

Maybe your pair could come along and go on a double-date! They've got tons of transport exhibits.

Did you ever sit down and get a twinge, "Maybe I've lost it; my ability to write disappeared?" Well I got down about 700 words so far (on the museum theme) so I'm going for the contest.

It's going to be in Romance. Maybe there will be a sequel in Erotic Couplings but I'm getting ahead of myself.

So I’m about 10k words in and it’s finally time to start the main plot...

That’s always the problem with writing SF.

Jist to clarify, my goal this uear is to put one story on lit a month, but I prefer text with audio.
Can I submit the script here and still upload voice and text to my profile? Or is it a one or the other kind of deal (I haven't done this before)

Just to clarify, my goal this year is to put one story on lit a month, but I prefer text with audio.

Can I submit the script here and still upload voice and text to my profile? Or is it a one or the other kind of deal (I haven't done this before)

Just to clarify, my goal this year is to put one story on lit a month, but I prefer text with audio.

Can anybody else answer that one? I have no idea how the audio story category works? And with text? I know you can do audio on Literotica but I dot know anything else about it

Some readers just post their audio (those that ad-lib or work without a script) and there's no written copy. Others read from a script or a story, and post both the text and audio together. Other writers sometimes get readers for their stories - for example, I've got a short story (about 5,000 words, if I remember correctly), which was read for me about two years later - so the text is one submission, the audio another (with the same title).

So Galatae, I suggest you submit your script and audio as a single submission - there's a FAQ on how to do it - it requires a submission and an email with the audio file, I think - but hunt down the FAQ and follow the instructions. I did mine a couple of years ago, but I don't recall any hassles.

My Geek story has stalled out. :eek:

In fact most of my writing has stalled out. I'm well ahead on my mainstream stuff so the money is safely still coming in. Too many things on my plate at once and quitting smoking isn't helping. I'm moving around more to compensate for the lack of smokes. Is there a plot bunny in all this? How do you keep your hands and mouth busy when trying to stop? Will that cause a whole different habit? Are mustache rides still 25 cents?:devil:

My Geek story has stalled out. :eek:

In fact most of my writing has stalled out. I'm well ahead on my mainstream stuff so the money is safely still coming in. Too many things on my plate at once and quitting smoking isn't helping. I'm moving around more to compensate for the lack of smokes. Is there a plot bunny in all this? How do you keep your hands and mouth busy when trying to stop? Will that cause a whole different habit? Are mustache rides still 25 cents?:devil:

Sucking on a mint can help with the mouth. Haven't had a cigarette in twenty years. A quarter might be low priced on the ride so you make money on the volume.

Too many things on my plate at once and quitting smoking isn't helping. I'm moving around more to compensate for the lack of smokes. Is there a plot bunny in all this? How do you keep your hands and mouth busy when trying to stop?
Ah, my strong sympathies and support here. It's a very good change to make, though.

Have you considered looking into "vaping"?

My husband transitioned from cigarettes to vaping successfully 6 years ago, primarily because there was a social aspect to it that he needed (local vape shops are a place to hang out, an organically-formed hobby/support group for addictions that don't cost the government or anybody a dime). He tried to quit alone using other methods about 25 times before he found vaping.

He still has the habit (hands and mouth quite occupied!), but he weaned himself on the strength of the nicotine juice down from 24mg to 3mg over the first 3 years, so I know he has fewer neural receivers demanding the drug, and there have been these benefits:

*his doctor says his lungs and vitals look like a non-smoker (blood pressure went down!), and our health insurance rate went down being 2 non-smokers.
*he hasn't had a case of bronchitis in 6 years (he used to have 1 or 2 per year, missed work, felt miserable)
*he no longer coughs his lungs out every morning, he doesn't lose his breath on stairs, and can actually taste his food, catch more smells (he compliments my cooking more!), and he can sing again
*it's cheaper than cigarettes
*plus my drapes and clothes don't stink, and I no longer get sore throats associated with cigarette smoke.
*And some of the vape clouds smell quite tasty.

It's been a great change for both our lives. :) He's in better shape at 45 than he was at 30.

Neither of us enjoy being near someone who is smoking and now I can detect someone on the sidewalk smoking from at least a block away (wtf?) ...maybe too many negative associations, the toxins, tar, and flesh-searing of the cigarettes really were killing him, and the vape clouds smell so much better.

Needless to say, there's a lot more crud to wade through now finding out about it.
Big Tobacco has been pushing legislation and propaganda for the last decade ("Think of the teens! Fear!") to undercut Vaping. :p But given the proof I witnessed from 1994 that they are the bald-faced liars before Congress and the killers of many for profit, I'll go with what I'm seeing before my eyes, and that is an altered habit and nicotine addiction which still exists but is much less harmful. It has improved our lives by a factor of ten compared to cigarettes.

So...some food for thought, TXRad, if you haven't heard something like this already. :rose:

M....How do you keep your hands and mouth busy when trying to stop? Will that cause a whole different habit? ....

Well, if it helps I don't smoke but when I stress I bite my nails and I've never been able to stop that one. It's not a good habit to have when you're dealing with patients and you're first reaction is ....

My second is coffee. Surprise surprise. No coffee no write.... and I like it strong too and I doubt that's good for me but.... no coffee no write! So what the heck, we have one life. Enjoy it.

Does that help you kick smoking? Nope, but try a new addiction instead :D Coffee and biscotti does it for me. Have coffee, no bite nails! Bite biscotti instead. Far more tasty! And now, back to slaughtering assassins as a prelude to hot sex.....

Content Question

Are there boundaries to the use of I.P.’s or copyrights? For example, a story about a couple geeking out over a Lord of the Rings movie, can use all the L.O.R. references it needs to, correct.

Are there boundaries to the use of I.P.’s or copyrights? For example, a story about a couple geeking out over a Lord of the Rings movie, can use all the L.O.R. references it needs to, correct.

In this context, go nuts. :)

Two original characters you write talking about Tolkien's work isn't copyright/IP infringement of any sort.

Alternatively:

You want to write about Legolas having sex with a Hobbit. Okay, now you're squarely in the Celebrities and Fan Fiction Category.

Which you can still do. All day long. As long as you don't try to pass a Hobbit off as your original creation. Then the Tolkien Estate will come for you.

In this context, go nuts. :)

Two original characters you write talking about Tolkien's work isn't copyright/IP infringement of any sort.

Alternatively:

You want to write about Legolas having sex with a Hobbit. Okay, now you're squarely in the Celebrities and Fan Fiction Category.

Which you can still do. All day long. As long as you don't try to pass a Hobbit off as your original creation. Then the Tolkien Estate will come for you.

Fraudo Baggmann ain't a hobbit, he's a shortling I tell you. My own creation :)

There are boundaries. The situation you describe isn't a problem. Referring to a copyrighted work in a story is fine. If you wrote a scene in which characters read copyrighted stories or poems out loud, that might be a problem.

Fanfiction is a gray area. Unless it's a parody, or a "transformative use", it's probably infringement of the author's copyright. Some authors, like Ann Rice, take steps to enforce their rights against authors of fanfiction. Many, however, do not. It's often tolerated because most fanfiction authors don't make any money off it, so there's a perception that it isn't infringement. But, generally speaking, it is infringement.

In the case of Tolkien's works, based on the research I did it appears that the official position of the Tolkien estate is that fanfiction is infringement, but the estate doesn't seem to take any action against noncommercial fanfiction.

Were I to write my story, I'm sure I wouldn't suffer any consequence for it. But I'm still not comfortable going ahead with it.

My Geek event story is going to make extensive references to Star Trek. But I don't see any problem there.

Last edited:
I'll be contributing again as well this year. I've got a story mostly finished about a couple meeting and hooking up at a fictional Anime Convention, after one of them gets their hotel room reservation unexpectedly cancelled and finds themselves in dire straits.

I'm also kicking around a couple more fantastical ideas that I might contribute as well. My story last year was a take on the "Sentai"/"Power Rangers" genre, and I'm debating if there are any other genres that I might want to give a similar treatment to, like giant robot war stories, or "Isekai" (i.e. "Transported to another world"), or what goes on after hours between competitors at a fictional sport that would only be possible in a fantasy or sci-fi setting.

I'm also open to suggestions, why not?

Back