Classic Xmen

Isolde

Guardian's Desire
Joined
Dec 27, 2000
Posts
4,432
OOC: This is a private thread and all character positions have been filled. We thank you for reading and hope you enjoy it.

IC: Emma Frost hung up the phone and lit one of her long cigarettes that she always kept near and sat back to think, her conversation with Charles Xavier still fresh in her mind.

The last of her students had left the Massachusetts Academy and she had not seen any enrollment for the coming semester. This left her without a job and, though she was wealthy enough to get by without a job, she simply abhorred having nothing to do. She was a vibrant and active woman and could not see herself simply lounging about.

She had called up her friend and, sometimes, opponent when it came to views on the place for Mutants in this world and talked out her problem. He had told her that he would look into it and had hung up the phone. Less than an hour later, he had called her back and told her that he had arranged for her to teach the mutants who lived in Genoshia under Magneto's protection.

In the last little while, things among the mutants and normals had settled down. A peace reigned between them...if an uneasy one and the general concensis on both sides was 'live and let live." The suspicion and unease was laying there under the surface but it had been a long while since violence against mutants of any note had happened.

Magneto had retired to Genoshia to watch over the mutants there...cut off from those he did not care for, Charles Xavier was still insisting on helping those that showed no gratitude for him or his Xmen and Emma Frost was planning on how to close the Academy with a heavy heart.

"Well," She thought to herself as she packed her belongings three weeks after the phone call,"I could use a rest from the stress of administration. I can always open the Academy next year."

With that thought cheering her up, she finished packing, called for a cab and was on her way to the airport.
***********************************

Soon she was settled into her teaching position at Genoshia and happily teaching the newest mutants to come to Magneto's island searching to be with their own kind. Little did she know that the peace she felt at this moment was going to be rudely interrupted.


OOC: For all those playing parts, the OOC is here:

http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=44410
 
Last edited:
Professor X

A few days after his conversation with Emma Frost, Charles was using Cerebero to scan the world for mutant activity. He was alone, as usual for him when activating the great machine. The lights dimmed for a split-second as he brought it up to full power. Immediately, he noticed a powerful presence, far to the south. He focussed on it, and was very, very shocked to feel it notice him. A voice, dripping with evil, insinuated itself into his head, "Hello... Charles, is it? Your mind is... tasty. Where are you, little one? No matter! Can you feel it, Charles? Can you feel me coming into your brain? Didn't expect that, now did you? Your favorite toy is just thing for letting me own you, body and soul." Shocked into inaction for only a moment, Professor X slammed telepathic shields into place, but knew they'd not hold off this creature for long. Inevitably, this presence would take control of his very being.

Long ago, Charles had taken precautions against this happening. Struggling with the effort, his brain hemmoraghing and causing his nose to run with blood, he pulled a pistol from under his seat, and raised it to his head. "I don't know who, or what, you are, but you come any further into my head, and I'll send us both to Hell!"

Charles felt the presence chuckle, and withdraw. "Now is not the time, little man... I'll find you, and then we will see how much your pistol protects you..." The pain lessened, and Charles felt whatever it had been depart. The sweating, bleeding mutant collapsed in his chair, and turned Cerebero off, grateful he had been able to survive at all.

Later that day...

Hank McCoy, aka "Beast," was working on his research in the lab, and had asked to not be disturbed for a while. The other XMen had gathered in Professor X's study. Wolverine smoked one of his obnoxious cigars as he sprawled across an easy chair. Storm sat on the couch beside Gambit, who was flipping cards, displaying his boredom. Jean Grey and Scott (Cyclops) Summers had taken chairs near the Professor, who cleared his throat and began to speak.

"My XMen, I called you here because Cerebero has detected a new, powerful mutant presence on an island off the coast of South America." At a touch, a screen rose from his desk. The screen displayed an overhead view of the region to the southeast of South America, halfway between it and Antarctica. "I would like you, Scott, to fly the others down and investigate that site. Find the source of that signature, and report back to me. At such a distance, my telepathy will be unable to contact you, so you must rely on the Blackbird's communication equipment."

"I must warn you, this mutant presence was able to use the link established when I used Cerebero to come back at me, and very nearly took mental control of me. I do not believe its telepathic abilities would normally allow it to do that, but, with my receptivity so greatly enhanced by Cerebero, I was especially vulnerable. Unfortunately, that means that I do not dare use Cerebero again, not until that mutant is found, and dealt with." The Professor wiped his suddenly sweaty forehead. "Any questions?"
 
Wolverine

Taking the cigar out of his mouth, Logan flicked the end in a tacky orange ashtray he'd brought to the room. He grinned at the professor.

"Yeah, how 'dealt with' should this guy be?" he asked flexing his claws a teensy bit for emphasis. "I mean, we shouldn't exactly expect a warm welcome should we?" his voice trailed off a bit.

Sniffing the air he looked closer at the Xavier, "I smell blood Prof. This isn't a drill is it?"
 
Professor X

Charles regarded Wolverine silently for a moment. "Logan... I just don't know. I sensed a powerful presence, a terrible certainty of purpose... but I don't know what that purpose might be. Be very careful. I have every confidence in each and every one of you, else I would not send you. Stay in contact as best you can, but know that you have my total trust to deal with the situation in whatever fashion necessary."
 
Scott Summers (Cyclops)

I stood up looking around at the lot of us "Alright, you heard the professor, we have a new mission, so lets suit up and head out." i said with confidence, we had made it this far, we will do it again.

I looked over at the professor, "Professor, did you since any other mutants around with this more powerful one?" i looked at the map as i talked to him...i wanted to assess the situation and figure out the best possible plan to attack.
 
Professor X

"No, Cyclops, I did not. However, the attack was so overwhelming, I could likely have missed a gathering of the entire Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. I wish I had more information for you."
 
Gambit

Gambit sat there and looked at Professor X and then at Cyclops and the thought that came to his head was Dey 'ave got to 'ave gone crazy, dis t'ing attacked da Prof and almost killed 'im and we are meant to go and fight 'im!

He knew that he couldn't say anything though because if this thing was as powerful as Professor X had said it was they had to stop it. He sat back and said, "Okay, if dis t'ing needs killin' then we 'ad better get out dere and see what we can do about da situation."
 
Wolverine

"Well, I'm ready to trash this joker." Logan said, his gravelly voice harsh with aggression, "Noone messes with my Chrome Dome and gets away with it."

He gave a little grin to the Professor, he'd been making jokes about that since almost day one.

"Let's go, folks. Standing around won't get us far. No offense to Nightcrawler whereever he's run off to."
 
Jean Grey

OOC: I will be taking this temporarily. As soon as Black Widow gets back, she will take over the role again.

IC: Jean took in the area, her eyes taking in the details. "If this is going to be that dangerous, I am going to pack a medical kit just in case."

Rising, she said,"I will meet you in the hanger as soon as I am done. Someone should alert Beast to what is happening."

Moving out the door, she headed toward the sick bay area and spent the next twenty minutes packing the supplies she thought she might need before heading toward the hanger.
 
Storm

OOC: Ditto the above OOC for Storm.

IC: Storm rose gracefully from the couch and placed a restraining hand on Wolverine's arm.

"Restrain your enthusiasm, Logan," She said in a gente voice,"We need to try and talk to these muntants first. Mutants fighting mutants is never our first goal. It is something the professor strives to prevent."

To Cyclops,"I am ready now and I suggest we move on this information in case this mutant does intend to harm others."
 
Wolverine

"But... the prof.. and the stuff the guy said.. and...Crap." unless he was really mad about something both Ororo and Jean knew he couldn't deny them when they asked nicely. They exploited it mercilessly all the time. "Fine, we'll talk first. But can I at least LOOK scary?"

Was she smiling? Was Ororo actually smiling? Hey, he'd made her crack one... but wait... it was all his expense. Rolling his eyes skyward he strode out before anyone else could comment. Retreating before the inevitable rejoinders that all too often found their mark.

Something that sounded like Yosemite Sam swearing about varmints could be heard trailing down the hallway outside the meeting room.
 
Professor X/Beast

Beast had his eyes glued to a screen displaying the results of his latest electron microscope studies when he felt a mental 'nudge.' "Ah, Professor! My apologies for skipping your meeting, but I am hot on the trail of something truly fascinating..." "Henry, I am sending the XMen to South America to investigate a staggeringly powerful mutant." Beast looked chagrinned for a moment, then faced the mental apparition of the Professor. "Professor... I think it would behoove me to stay here at this juncture of my studies. When I said the preliminary results were fascinating, I understated the implications. Actually, to be perfectly frank, what I am discovering is truly frightening in its scope and likely consequences to the world. I simply must remain, and ascertain the truth." "Very well, Henry... I will keep you posted as to the team's efforts. I trust you will brief me on your work, as soon as you are able?" "Of course, Professor. As soon as I am sure of my results, I will come up and let you know."

The Professor broke off mental contact with Beast, and re-established it with the rest of the XMen, "XMen, Beast will not be joining you right now. He is still occupied in the lab. Good luck to you all, and godspeed."
 
Storm

Ororo nodded silently at the Professor's message knowing that she did not have to say a word for him to know she had recieved and understood it.

Walking into the hanger, she boarded the jet and strapped herself in next to Logan.

"Do not worry, Logan," She said, a twinkle in her eye,"The Professor's missions may not always be fun but they are never dull. If what he says is true I am sure you will find plenty to occupy yourself."
 
Scott Summers (Cyclops)

I looked at the map one last time "alright professor, lets get going then" i moved out the door walking quickly tword the hanger, i stopped before stepping in to remove my glasses, keeping my eyes closed, and put on my visor.

i looked around, i already had my x-men uniform on, as i made my way into the jet, i looked at Ororo and Logan already strapped in as i made my way to the front of the jet. I strapped in at the pilots seat and began to run a diognostics as Jean strapped in next to me.

I looked at her, and then back at the others "aight, everybody strapped in?"
 
Gambit

"I don't know 'bout anyone else but ol' Remy be strapped in and secure. So, if we all be here why are we just sittin' around here instead o' goin' t' see what attacked the Prof?"

He then sat back in his seat with a smile and started turning a card over and over between his fingers. He knew that they were going to face an enemy that had enough power to attack Xavier in his own home and cause him great pain. He sat back and although his inner self was shouting out that this was crazy, he should go back to Louisiana where it was relatively safe. But there was another part of him that said they had to find this mutant and destroy it, whatever the cost.
 
Wolverine`

Logan slid his claws out with the always ominous snikt! and back in again. "It's all bingo here, Shades. Let's get this bird moving." He wondered how long it would be before they were fighting for their lives.
 
Jean Grey

Jean smiled tightly and nodded to Scott. She was as ready as she was ever going to be. Staring out the windshield as he prepared for takeoff, she tried to put away the thought that if this mutant was powerful enough to overcome the Professor, what use was she going to be once they got there.

She only hoped that she did not end up a hindrance rather than a help on this mission.
 
Ororo, Storm, Wind Rider

With a final tug to my seatbelt, I prepared for takeoff. I saw the impatience in Logan's movements. I calmly looked to him, my eyes flashed white, signaling my own impatience. I smiled.

I looked around the cabin, Jean and Scott had things under control.

Remy was aboard, flashing me his signature Cajun smile. That sight would make any female within five miles melt.

Professor must have been direly worried about this mission. Our uniforms crisp, brand new, new communicators, as well as a few little surprises I was sure. I lazily drummed my fingers on the leather arm rest. Time to fly.
 
Last edited:
In the skies above the isle with no name, near the Weddell sea

The anti-icing equipment was working well as the Blackbird flew through the cold fog over the ocean. Cyclops had engaged the stealth equipment as they neared their destination, and was keeping a close eye on the instruments. Nearly 100 miles out from the isle, he decided to go in low and slow, hoping to arrive completely undetected. This was not to be...

The first warning of danger the XMen had was the sounds of an impact on the plane. Metal screeched in their ears painfully as the Blackbird was ripped open from the outside. The XMen were trained well for emergency maneuvers, and Scott Summers was one of the finest pilots alive. Still, the sheer surprise of the assault stunned them. However, when they caught their first glimpses of what had attacked them, they were even more stunned.

The plane was nearly covered in robotic forms, no two alike. The truly bizarre thing was that each of them was clearly of Sentinel-like manufacture. They had never encountered Sentinels in any form but that of a giant humanoid robot, but here were at least a dozen non-humanoid Sentinel relatives.

OOC: Isolde has promised to keep things interesting while I am away for the weekend. Have fun, dear friends, and I will see you all verra soon.
 
Wolverine

"Those things may not look like the Sentinels we fought before... but the ugly family mug is the same tipoff. It's slicin' time, chums." Wolverine undid his buckles and went to the hatch and secured himself to the bulkhead with some reinforced line.

"Ororo, I'd appreciate it if you could make things easier for me until I get a hold, and Scott I'm gonna scratch the paintjob on yer baby here. Everybody hang on!"

The blackbird being an extremely flat craft it had two hatches, one to the bottom and one to the top. Popping the top hatch once people were secure (they were buckled in so all he did was wait for nods) he shoved a helmet on his head to protect his eyes and went up top...
 
Scott Summers (Cyclops)

OOC: sorry been away for awhile, thx for the help neale

IC: I quickly took the controls holding onto the wheel hard, "alright logan, but you'll be painting this thing once we get back!" i yelled at him as i kept the blackbird as stable as i could.

I looked at Jean, "Think you might be able to help with keeping the blackbird stable, and from not breaking apart?" i was hoping that this...mutant, would not be able to interfere with Jean's powers and even hurt her....that mutant would pay if anything happened to Jean....i glared forward watching out for any more of those...'sentinals'.
 
Storm.

I nodded at Wolverine. "I have it undercontrol."

The door of the Blackbird was torn off, Sentinels began to pour in. Or what looked to be Sentinels. I cocked my chin, my eyes flashing white as the wind began to pour into the Blackbird, from sheer force of the jetstream outside of the craft, and my own doing. With a sweep of my arm, the wind knocked them out of the craft.

I walked to the 'doorway' and took to the air, my eyes fervantly accesing the situation, as well as locating Logan.

I locked eyes with him, he was scaling the plane, pushing the mechanical hunks of lethal junk off with massive swipes of his metal-clad hands.

The sky above me erupted in lightening. The wind began to pick up as I called to the wind for stability. "I call to the winds " My voice boomed as the lightening cracked. I knew that Jean could take care of the internal stability of the craft, but outside, I would take matters into my own hands.

I motioned to the aircraft as the wind built itself beneath the sleek wings.

I had to keep the lightening away from the craft. My arms spread, I raised above the craft, Stabilizing Logan. I tilted my head as an enormous Sentinel lunged towards me. Catching me off guard and sending me spiraling to the earth.
 
Wolverine

"Storm!", Wolverine cried as he saw her slapped off her perch in the air like a rag doll by the sentinel. Quickly maiming the two around he dove straight at her, praying that he had enough pay in the line to reach her. The sky flashed by at an alarming rate and his descent towards her seemed all too slow. Just as he reached her his rope snaped tight and all he managed to grab was the billowing part of her sleeve, getting that in a double handed grip he began to pull her up slowly, hoping it did not rip.

"Grab hold of me, Ororo.... c'mon dammit. Wake up!" he whispered under his breath, knowing there was no way for her to hear him. Finally getting a grip on her arm he muscled her all the way into his grasp, folding one hairy arm around her. The other and his feet began inching their way back up the rope.

The sentinels had just noticed a nifty little line they could cut and kill two birds with one stone as it were.

Thumbing the radio in the helmet he wore, Logan called to the others inside the Blackbird, "Gambit, I need your cajun butt! Keep those ugly bots off my rope or both Ororo and I are toast!"
 
Ororo.

I knew the black void wasn't from the absence of the sun.

I didn't like it, not one bit. Groaning, I knew something was wrong. I was disoriented.

My body lay limply in Logan's arms. Slowly, too slowly, I came to.

Suddenly, the realization of my surroundings and my situation came to me. "Oh god, Logan!" I whispered.

Thinking quickly, my mind hazy, my head pounding, The wind swirled around us, the rope above us was cut, it spiraled around us.
 
Jean Grey

Jean was trying hard to keep the plane on course. With Scott's flying skills they were getting closer and closer to land. She thought they might just be able to pull this off.

And then she heard Wolverine's shout and the cord that had been attached to him tightened for a moment and then slackened and dropped back into the compartment. Logan was no longer attached to the safety line.

Quickly unbuckling herself, she scrambled out of the front. "Scott, land the plane. I have to help Gambit," She yelled as she made her way to the hatch that Logan had gone through long moments before. She only hoped she had given him time enough to land them safely.

Ignoring safety precautions that said she should attach a line to herself, she opted for the extra seconds to save her friends. Climbing up the hatch, she stuck her torso out and looked around, the wind whipping her hair around her head.

The moment she appeared, she had to duck back or one of the sentinals would have taken off her head. With a huge mental push, she used her telekenetics to push that sentinal off the plane to plunge into the ocean.

"Gambit! Cover me," She called as she moved up enough to see Logan and Ororo falling from the plane toward the ocean. Focusing all of her energy into stopping their fall, she felt the plane shudder as if it would come apart.

"Land this thing, Scott," She thought quietly and then bent all of her will into slowly pulling the two Xmen back toward the plane.

It was a very dramatic moment. Jean, having slowed their progress, pulled the two slowly back the strain on her showing by the sweat that had broken out over her face. Gambit doing his best to keep them from her (OOC: Sorry, Angelus for moving your character like that) and the plane all but plummeting down toward land.
 
Back
Top