The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

Sort of an interesting "thing" on my latest contest entry in the realm of what category trumps what. I submitted mine in satire (because that's what it overarchingly is) and listed "incest" as a keyword. The story was left in satire, but the keyword "incest" was stripped out of the list. And it's most definitely is incest--every which way that's possible--which is the base of the satire. I wonder if that was done on purpose. That you can't identify it as incest in any way without having it posted to the incest category(?)

I just did something similar. The story has incest in it, but sort of as a surprise ending and I didn't want to give it away. That's certainly not the central theme of the story, so I put it in Nonconsent where I think it belongs, although it could have gone in group sex or humor. I thought it would be up yesterday, it's been 5 days now and all 3 stories I submitted are still 'pending'. Interesting to compare notes, because my story has incest as a keyword as well.

I just did something similar. The story has incest in it, but sort of as a surprise ending and I didn't want to give it away. That's certainly not the central theme of the story, so I put it in Nonconsent where I think it belongs, although it could have gone in group sex or humor. I thought it would be up yesterday, it's been 5 days now and all 3 stories I submitted are still 'pending'. Interesting to compare notes, because my story has incest as a keyword as well.

Maybe Laurel took some time for Thanksgiving.

Just a thought.

Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The pyramids tell me that there are 51 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.22 from an average of 226 votes. Stories had an average of 20,514 views, an average of 6 favorites, and an average of 7 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.05%. The average number of pages is 2.6, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 10,211 votes, 1,046,233 views, 350 favorites and 386 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.22) is 0.40 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 226) is 250. The median score is 4.22, the median number of votes is 139 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.58 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.91 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 10 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 10 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 92 votes swept, being an average of 9 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 46. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (4 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (4 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (6 stories)
  • Group Sex (7 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (2 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (7 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (4 stories)
  • Loving Wives (1 story)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (2 stories)
  • NonHuman (2 stories)
  • Romance (5 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (2 stories)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

allthewayin, amandablaze, AndrewJackson, Ashson, Belongs2Beth (2), BenLong, Cinner (2), D_Lynn, EdgarPleaseCain, geronimo_appleby, Harlock606, HeyAll, inqusitivepuppy (2), JayDavid, kms1987, LaRascasse, LesLumens, luvthedesserts (2), MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, Naughtily_Written, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), SilverSparrow, sirhugs, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (6), SusanJillParker, TinyBeth, tmoney249, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (2), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

• The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012

First time entering a contest and...

Surprised how much talk there is about it on the forums. Because of my inability to write what my brain says I should write in a timely manner, I've never tried to enter one before, but this year I managed to stay focused long enough to finish one of my contest ideas and submit it within the window. I figured I'd post it and that would be that, but then I saw this thread and... who knew there was ESPN-style analysis on a daily basis? And a long-running flame war, apparently.

Anyway, glad I entered it, and good luck to everyone. Happy holidays!

Surprised how much talk there is about it on the forums. Because of my inability to write what my brain says I should write in a timely manner, I've never tried to enter one before, but this year I managed to stay focused long enough to finish one of my contest ideas and submit it within the window. I figured I'd post it and that would be that, but then I saw this thread and... who knew there was ESPN-style analysis on a daily basis? And a long-running flame war, apparently.

There's no requirement that you follow the forum thread if you enter the contests, you know. Welcome to the contest; the more the merrier. Post early/late/often. It's all good.

There's no requirement that you follow the forum thread if you enter the contests, you know. Welcome to the contest; the more the merrier. Post early/late/often. It's all good.

Oh yeah, I know that. Just thought I would see what everyone was saying. Definitely provided me with some entertainment. :)

Oh yeah, I know that. Just thought I would see what everyone was saying. Definitely provided me with some entertainment. :)

If you just put Scouries on ignore, it will save you time and "eh what?" thoughts that you can put to better use by writing.

sorry folks, we'd been hoping you'd have a few pages of respite from the racist..

...and his rants but he just couldn't stop could he? which is no surprise to anyone who's followed his racist, anti-semetic posts over the years. Too bad...

hio43kpa.jpg

oui monsieur tex you are a racist peeg! Un vrai cochon! Merde embulante!

The following is post # 1221 on the a.i.r. contest support thread. Our AHland racist also posted exactly the same thing in posts #1001, 1004, 1008, 1010, 1012, 1015, 1022, 1024, 1026, 1030, 1034, 1044, 1046, 1051, 1055, 1061, 1065, 1068, 1075, 1076, 1078, 1104, 1120, 1123, 1128, 1133, 1140, 1142, 1146, 1152, 1155, 1157, 1162, 1168, 1170, 1172, 1175, 1176, 1179, 1181, 1188, 1191, 1194, 1196, 1198, 1204, 1208, 1211 and now 1221. The same post EIGHT times on the first page. FIVE on the next page! SIX on the third page! TWO times on the fourth. THREE on the fifth page. FIVE on the sixth. EIGHT on the seventh page. EIGHTH on the eighth page. Now we’re up to FOUR on the ninth page. The same post 49 times. He's now up to 262 times posting the same thing OVERALL (unless I’ve missed a few). Mind you this isn't a record for him.

So unfortunately I’m forced to share his disgusting posts on this thread. And of course there are no free rides for enablers. Sorry…

image.php
image.php
image.php

enabling hate in AHland? Why?

Why would our tiger lily threadmistress stand with the stupid people? Simple jealousy? I guess the a.i.r. thread has been making hers look bad...

post #1221 on the A.I.R. Contest Support Thread. Let's all look at our AHland racists posts. We're prepared to expose him for what he is...sad really...

image.php

[size=+1]Please join with me and read my Winter Holiday Contest Story: Christmas Present! [/size]
okay i didn't really write it but it is sooooo good!
fucktard1.jpg

Yes I think that just about covers tex’s qualities…

[SIZE="+3"] WELCOME TO THE FAKE CONTEST THREAD. AND REMEMBER A.I.R. RUNS THE MOST HONEST CONTESTS – THANKS. [/SIZE]
made-up-fucktard2.jpg

But for information and support of the A.I.R. Summer Lovin’ Contest, please go here:

the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…

all part of the ... fun. :D

No scouries, this is what post 1221 said:

Ah yes scouries, whether it is a fake contest or a fake award, you do like to drop names. Names that have no idea that you are using them. Names that have no idea who you are nor do they care. Names that you are trying to use to associate yourself with as they are the better writers of this site while you are...

well, what are you? The self proclaimed #1 writer on this site that has never won anything except your own fake contests and awards. Exactly how does that work? It's easy when you inflate your own numbers isn't it.

A fake and a fraud, that's you in a nut shell.

Just hit 300 votes on Center Piece, which puts me about 50 votes over what I expected :)

Guess the holiday posting didn't bother your story. I've seen a few others with high votes too. Onward.

No, this one posted before, on Tuesday.

I didn't manage to finish the second Thanksgiving story. Filed it away for next year. Working on a Christmas one now.

And a long-running flame war, apparently.

Just ignore it. That's what I do. And put people who annoy you on "ignore".

The analysis is just for fun. You will see if your story is average, below or above. Mine are usually below, but ... whatever.

Question:

Are there any legal issues when you give a character a full name?

I'm working on a story with a female politician, and I give her a full name, but I don't mention where she gets elected.

So what would happen if a female with the same name actually ran for office? Would a simple disclaimer at the top be enough to avoid any issues? Or am I just over-thinking things...

thanks

Names can only be owned if they are trademarked (which is not easy to do--you have to demonstrate that they are viable products in their own right). So, no, it would be the ability to see an actual person behind that name use that might get you into trouble, not the use of a untrademarked name itself.

Bringing the real contest thread back up because time is beginning to tick away.

Better get cracking so you have plenty of time to edit and polish before the deadline.

I'm working on a number three but I don't think I'll have the time to finish it but ya never know.

Working on the new Laresa Christmas story. Flowing well, so I should have it done in plenty of time.

Well this sucks.

As I've stated here before I'm legally blind in my left eye. So a couple of days ago I got a severe case of pink eye....in my good eye of course.

My eye is really sensitive to light and its really hard to write for more than a few minutes at a time.

I caught it from my nephews little boy when we were watching him for the night.

I'd forgotten what germ spreaders those little ones are!

Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The crystals show me that there are 52 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.21 from an average of 221 votes. Stories had an average of 21,696 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 7 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.17%. The average number of pages is 2.6, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 11,305 votes, 1,128,205 views, 383 favorites and 413 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.21) is 0.39 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 221) is 244. The median score is 4.21, the median number of votes is 124 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.59 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.90 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 10 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 10 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 92 votes swept, being an average of 9 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 46. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (4 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (4 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (6 stories)
  • Group Sex (7 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (2 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (7 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (4 stories)
  • Loving Wives (1 story)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (2 stories)
  • NonHuman (2 stories)
  • Romance (6 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (2 stories)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

allthewayin, amandablaze, AndrewJackson, Ashson, Belongs2Beth (2), BenLong, Butterflies512, Cinner (2), D_Lynn, EdgarPleaseCain, geronimo_appleby, Harlock606, HeyAll, inqusitivepuppy (2), JayDavid, kms1987, LaRascasse, LesLumens, luvthedesserts (2), MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, Naughtily_Written, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), SilverSparrow, sirhugs, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (6), SusanJillParker, TinyBeth, tmoney249, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (2), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

• The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012

What a great venue to air your work!

Put up my first story here, and was immediately rewarded with feedback. Smart, generous readers. I wasted way too much time in Usenet.

Thanks for the welcome! Glad to be among the living. Good luck to all, and happy holidays.

And don't let the smiley face lull you into thinking it's a joke.

BEWARE LOVING WIVES.

http://www.literotica.com/c/loving-wives/comments

What's there at this very moment is extremely mild, but watch it for a brief while and you'll quickly see why to beware the category. The readers are passionate, to say the least. A few of them are completely deranged.

Back