The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

Good luck to all the entrants. If you haven't entered yet, keep writing -- there's still time. :)

Welcome to the official support thread for the official Winter Holidays contest. Naughty or nice -- it's all up to you. :heart:

I'm telling myself that because I am dragging ass. The story is simple enough, its "in my head" so to speak, but I've got some type of flu and I just can't put the thoughts to the keyboard.
 
Trying to get my next one finished. At this point, the best I can hope for is Thursday.... Ugh...

Oh well. Somebody has to take the bullet and post on the holiday.

If I make it.
 
Just submitted a satire/incest/loving wives/bisexual/gay male/lesbian/anal/bondage/Fifty Shades of Grey/the kitchen sink one. We'll see it it can make tomorrow's posting.
 
I put mine in pretty late yesterday, and it went up within a couple of hours, so there's a good chance it will be up in the overnight hours.
 
I put mine in pretty late yesterday, and it went up within a couple of hours, so there's a good chance it will be up in the overnight hours.

I'm hoping so, because I'm assuming that Thanksgiving Day isn't the best day to have a story posted.
 
I'm hoping so, because I'm assuming that Thanksgiving Day isn't the best day to have a story posted.

So am I, but I'm pretty much stuck with it if I finish this one in time. If I don't have it ready to go in the queue by tomorrow evening, it's most likely going in the "Next Year" folder.
 
I'm hoping to have min finished by tomorrow night. But I think I'm going to hold off submitting it until Sunday night.

Personally I think with Black Friday and all the shopping and people doing their trees etc.... this entire weekend might ot be a great time for a new story.
 
So am I, but I'm pretty much stuck with it if I finish this one in time. If I don't have it ready to go in the queue by tomorrow evening, it's most likely going in the "Next Year" folder.

Nope, mine didn't make it today. I guess I'll have to tough out Thanksgiving Day.
 
This message is hidden because lovecraft68 is on your ignore list.
 
Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The rhizopods tell me that there are 39 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.23 from an average of 236 votes. Stories had an average of 23,793 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 9 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.11%. The average number of pages is 2.5, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 9,215 votes, 927,964 views, 307 favorites and 351 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.23) is 0.40 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 236) is 241. The median score is 4.23, the median number of votes is 145 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.59 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.91 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 10 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 10 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 92 votes swept, being an average of 9 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 46. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).


Categories entered (alphabetic order)

  • BDSM (2 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (4 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (1 story)
  • Gay Male (6 stories)
  • Group Sex (7 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (6 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (3 stories)
  • Loving Wives (1 story)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (2 stories)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Romance (2 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1 story)

New stories today: None


Authors entered so far are:

allthewayin, amandablaze, Belongs2Beth, BenLong, Cinner (2), geronimo_appleby, HeyAll, inqusitivepuppy (2), JayDavid, kms1987, LaRascasse, LesLumens, luvthedesserts, MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), sirhugs, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (5), TinyBeth, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (2), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

  • The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012
 
I'm hoping to have min finished by tomorrow night. But I think I'm going to hold off submitting it until Sunday night.

Personally I think with Black Friday and all the shopping and people doing their trees etc.... this entire weekend might ot be a great time for a new story.


What type of story is it? I'm likely going to have a Mother/Son story posted on Monday.
 
Ahh, that long week at work and several other big days prior pretty much wiped out hope of finishing the second Thanksgiving story on time. Filed away in the "Next Year" folder. It has a solid start and plenty of notes appended to remind me what I had in mind.

I can relax and give Laresa my full attention now over the four day weekend. It was already flowing smoothly and more or less written in my head when I put it on pause, as opposed to the one I just filed away that rebooted three times before I got it right :p

Center Piece is doing better than expected, considering it has a lot higher stroke to story ratio than what I usually post as Les. I'm pretty pleased with it, even though it's porny fluff :)
 
Last edited:
Just bringing the real contest back to the top as a reminder. Anybody who has stories coming out today will have trouble enough getting noticed, without this slipping down the page.
 
and please don't forget that only a few days remain to submit to the

[size=+2]the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2012 Thanksgiving Contest


Botero_1478764i.jpg


And if you require any more information on this contest please feel free to follow this link to it's support thread:

the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread… :

 
If you're new, the above post is good for one thing: Populating your ignore list for a far less gaudy and pleasurable Literotica experience.

Meanwhile, if you're here, consider checking out today's entries in the real contest. It's going to be a slow day for them, so do your part by reading and voting.

( Top 7 stories on the New List )
 
This message is hidden because lovecraft68 is on your ignore list.
 
Meanwhile, if you're here, consider checking out today's entries in the real contest. It's going to be a slow day for them, so do your part by reading and voting.

( Top 7 stories on the New List )

Yep, it's been a slowwww day so far.
 
Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The anthropithecus tells me that there are 45 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.23 from an average of 248 votes. Stories had an average of 21,763 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 7 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.09%. The average number of pages is 2.6, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 9,710 votes, 979,336 views, 330 favorites and 359 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.23) is 0.39 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 248) is 250. The median score is 4.22, the median number of votes is 149 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.60 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.92 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 10 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 10 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 92 votes swept, being an average of 9 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 46. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).


Categories entered (alphabetic order)

  • BDSM (4 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (4 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (1 story)
  • Gay Male (6 stories)
  • Group Sex (7 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (2 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (7 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (3 stories)
  • Loving Wives (1 story)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (2 stories)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Romance (2 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (2 stories)

Views by category

  • Incest/Taboo: 438,576 (44.8%)
  • Group Sex: 134,548 (13.7%)
  • Gay Male: 81,995 (8.4%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 55,007 (5.6%)
  • Loving Wives: 50,463 (5.2%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 49,853 (5.1%)
  • BDSM: 33,615 (3.4%)
  • First Time: 27,012 (2.8%)
  • Mature: 24,504 (2.5%)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 23,530 (2.4%)
  • Romance: 20,198 (2.1%)
  • Fetish: 16,346 (1.7%)
  • Non-Erotic: 13,189 (1.3%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 7,581 (0.8%)
  • NonHuman: 2,919 (0.3%)
  • Humor & Satire: 0 (0.0%)

Comments by category

  • Incest/Taboo: 95 (26.5%)
  • Gay Male: 63 (17.5%)
  • Romance: 35 (9.7%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 34 (9.5%)
  • Group Sex: 31 (8.6%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 25 (7.0%)
  • Loving Wives: 17 (4.7%)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 12 (3.3%)
  • Mature: 11 (3.1%)
  • Non-Erotic: 11 (3.1%)
  • BDSM: 9 (2.5%)
  • First Time: 6 (1.7%)
  • Fetish: 5 (1.4%)
  • NonHuman: 2 (0.6%)
  • Humor & Satire: 2 (0.6%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 1 (0.3%)

Favorites by category

  • Incest/Taboo: 167 (50.6%)
  • Gay Male: 39 (11.8%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 38 (11.5%)
  • Romance: 25 (7.6%)
  • Group Sex: 16 (4.8%)
  • BDSM: 11 (3.3%)
  • First Time: 10 (3.0%)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 8 (2.4%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 5 (1.5%)
  • Loving Wives: 5 (1.5%)
  • Mature: 3 (0.9%)
  • Fetish: 2 (0.6%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 1 (0.3%)
  • Non-Erotic: 0 (0.0%)
  • NonHuman: 0 (0.0%)
  • Humor & Satire: 0 (0.0%)

Votes by category

  • Incest/Taboo: 4,061 (41.8%)
  • Group Sex: 1,186 (12.2%)
  • Gay Male: 831 (8.6%)
  • Romance: 792 (8.2%)
  • Lesbian Sex: 613 (6.3%)
  • Erotic Couplings: 468 (4.8%)
  • Loving Wives: 415 (4.3%)
  • First Time: 288 (3.0%)
  • BDSM: 245 (2.5%)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 242 (2.5%)
  • Non-Erotic: 229 (2.4%)
  • Mature: 138 (1.4%)
  • Fetish: 114 (1.2%)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 56 (0.6%)
  • NonHuman: 32 (0.3%)
  • Humor & Satire: 0 (0.0%)

Average scores by category

  • Romance: 4.77
  • First Time: 4.64
  • Lesbian Sex: 4.45
  • Non-Erotic: 4.29
  • Gay Male: 4.28
  • Group Sex: 4.16
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 4.10
  • Mature: 3.96
  • Erotic Couplings: 3.95
  • NonHuman: 3.91
  • Loving Wives: 3.82
  • Incest/Taboo: 3.80
  • Fetish: 3.68
  • BDSM: 2.17
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy: 1.70
  • Humor & Satire: 0.00

Hotness by category

  • Romance: 100%
  • First Time: 100%
  • Lesbian Sex: 33%
  • Group Sex: 29%
  • Incest/Taboo: 29%
  • BDSM: 25%
  • Gay Male: 17%

Swept votes by category

  • Fetish: 46
  • Erotic Couplings: 13
  • Gay Male: 9
  • BDSM: 7
  • Non-Erotic: 5
  • Group Sex: 5
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur: 4
  • Mature: 3

Number of views, votes, comments per day

  • 10 Nov (Saturday) : 1 views, 0 votes, 16 comments
  • 11 Nov (Sunday) : 90,991 views, 715 votes, 20 comments
  • 12 Nov (Monday) : 22,350 views, 355 votes, 28 comments
  • 13 Nov (Tuesday) : 149,767 views, 1,473 votes, 48 comments
  • 14 Nov (Wednesday) : 87,923 views, 941 votes, 28 comments
  • 15 Nov (Thursday) : 60,694 views, 539 votes, 29 comments
  • 16 Nov (Friday) : 100,040 views, 1,061 votes, 38 comments
  • 17 Nov (Saturday) : 74,724 views, 367 votes, 40 comments
  • 18 Nov (Sunday) : 101,983 views, 1,096 votes, 32 comments
  • 19 Nov (Monday) : 49,104 views, 542 votes, 19 comments
  • 20 Nov (Tuesday) : 78,977 views, 1,026 votes, 37 comments
  • 21 Nov (Wednesday) : 111,410 views, 1,100 votes, 16 comments
  • 22 Nov (Thursday) : 51,372 views, 495 votes, 8 comments

New stories today


Authors entered so far are:

allthewayin, amandablaze, AndrewJackson, Belongs2Beth (2), BenLong, Cinner (2), geronimo_appleby, HeyAll, inqusitivepuppy (2), JayDavid, kms1987, LaRascasse, LesLumens, luvthedesserts (2), MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, Naughtily_Written, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), sirhugs, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (6), SusanJillParker, TinyBeth, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (2), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

  • The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012
 
I've seen an uptick on new votes in the last hour or so, so those of you with new stories may be seeing the same.

People must be arriving back home from visiting, or finally have the house free of relatives looking over their shoulders ;)
 
As expected, there didn't seem to be much readership today on Thanksgiving.

I've have to keep that in mind for major holidays.
 
Sort of an interesting "thing" on my latest contest entry in the realm of what category trumps what. I submitted mine in satire (because that's what it overarchingly is) and listed "incest" as a keyword. The story was left in satire, but the keyword "incest" was stripped out of the list. And it's most definitely is incest--every which way that's possible--which is the base of the satire. I wonder if that was done on purpose. That you can't identify it as incest in any way without having it posted to the incest category(?)
 
I've noticed a lot of keyword additions if I don't fill up the list, but not redactions.

I know that one of my LST3Ks has it as a keyword, as does another story in Sci-Fi&Fantasy, but none of those are recent. There seem to have been a great deal of new additions or stronger enforcement of a lot of hidden rules lately.
 
Back
Top