The Exorcist.

Anyone ever watched Repo Man?

Yes, a classic indie movie. Harry Dean Stanton at his best.

Chloe, I see that not only you are absorbing the best of great music, but now also the best of great films. I could give you lists that would keep you quiet for days (give those blokes at the Intel factory a break).
 
Yes, a classic indie movie. Harry Dean Stanton at his best.

Chloe, I see that not only you are absorbing the best of great music, but now also the best of great films. I could give you lists that would keep you quiet for days (give those blokes at the Intel factory a break).

I think it's the only one I've ever seen Harry Dean Stanton in. Now Donald Sutherland is another actor I think is just great. Whatever part he plays he's just a tremendously good actor. I think "The Puppet Masters" (based on Robert Heinlein's novel was the one I liked him in most, but he was just great in "1900" as well.

Movies? Love them, used to do the Minneapolis International Film Festival every year all thru College. Watched all sorts of strange movies. Talked all my friends into coming with me as well. There were one or two of them they wanted to kill me over dragging them to. That was great altho balancing endless movies and study was tough!!!! :eek:

Online movies is just the best. I watch anything and everything altho now I try to ration myself. Writing takes precedent. Gotta keep those Intel chips working hard.
 
Wait--you haven't seen Alien? What the hell are you doing writing on a forum when you could be seeing the greatest horror movie of all time?

Read my "Welcome to Nockatunga Station" (link below) and we can talk about Alien. That is one horror movie I love. Predator was good to. But yes, I think Alien is still the best scary movie out there.
 
I don't know if it's the greatest, but The Exorcist is imho one of the greatest. Definitely in my top three.

Everything about it is absolutely perfect.

Speaking of horror, I just saw an Aussie film called The Hounds of Love that was amazing (in a true crime sort of way.)
 
The devil in "The Exorcist" is just an incontinent old man who swears at you. Not exactly cosmic-level evil. "Your mother sucks cocks in hell," really, that's the best you got, Satan? Dementia patients come up with worse stuff than that.
 
I've never heard of it being described as the greatest film of all time, but in its day it was a huge blockbuster and was regarded as very scary. I don't think that reputation survives especially well to the present day, although I wouldn't call it funny.

That was, arguably, the greatest era for movie-making. The Godfather and Chinatown both came out around that time (the early 70s). Then Star Wars happened and the movie industry changed forever.

Well what it was, my sister bunked in to both The Exorcist and Amityville.

When you're an occultist, it just goes with the flow, you ain't going to be upset by much,
are you. I wasn't impressed by either. Just funny!

I've had a real Boggart after me, that was more scary than any film.
 
Eww! Ugh it's Pazuzu!

Yes I just spat at you, what you going to do?
 
Back
Top