Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 10-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #201
OTCurve
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightL View Post
If you are so concerned for the well being and precious nature of toeskr and his concern that guns prevent him from turning gay, then why do you display so little compassion for the victims of gun violence?

Any reasonable and responsible person has absolutely nothing to lose or fear from discussion on greater gun control or indeed the implementation of such laws that have been enacted in the likes of Australia, UK, Japan and Germany. Basically you still get to own and waggle your pew pew toy but perhaps not a military grade firearm unless it is totally in the confines, usage and storage, of a strictly regulated club. A place where you all can hang together pulling on each other's triggers if that is so essential for your masculinity.

Four countries with gun control – and what America could learn from them
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...do-gun-control

Australian government NATIONAL FIREARMS AGREEMENT
https://www.ag.gov.au/LegalSystem/Fi...-agreement.pdf

While America Again Debates Gun Reform, Australians Hand In 26,000 Guns
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/201...ns_a_23230452/

Australian gun deaths slashed since 1996
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...s-slashed-1996

Gun Violence In Movies: A View From Abroad
http://deadline.com/2013/11/gun-viol...abroad-632569/

Country vs country: Australia and United States compared: Crime stats
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...d-States/Crime

Australia's gun laws stopped mass shootings and reduced homicides, study finds
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...es-study-finds

Gun violence in America, explained in 17 maps and charts
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/pol...cs-maps-charts

I support greater gun control laws for basically everywhere.

I am not and nor ever have advocated for gun abolition.

Yes, I have fired guns from pellet air guns, 22 and 303 rifles - under supervised situations as a young teenager. Nope - not even a tingle.

My stance on this subject has been thoroughly consistent every time the gun masturbators appear on Literotica How to... If this is indeed an uncontrollable fetish then there is a board here for a whole broad range of fetishes.

A reasonable and responsible person has nothing to fear from reasonable and responsible gun control.

Yes - I do believe this thread is well beyond the spirit of the How To... and most definitely be moved to the General Board.
Ah yes, reasonable and responsible, two terms people on the pro-control side toss around to attempt to make a point. I fear nothing from a discussion, I just don't care for the repeated name calling and lack of imagination.

"you still get to own and waggle your pew pew toy" shows no desire for a rational discussionand again descends into attempting ridicule of the other side of an argument. And another comment about masculinity. How predictable.

Now as to the abundance of links you've provided, well, I do have a question.

Why is it gun violence that drives you to such an emotional rage? Take a look at this and tell me what you think...

There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. U.S. population 324,059,091 as of Wednesday, June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.000000925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:
• 65% of those deaths are by suicide which would never be prevented by gun laws
• 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified
• 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – gun violence
• 3% are accidental discharge deaths
So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Well, first, how are those deaths spanned across the nation?
• 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
• 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
• 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
• 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)
So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.
This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.
Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, so it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equally, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.
Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault all is done by criminals and thinking that criminals will obey laws is ludicrous. That's why they are criminals.
But what about other deaths each year?
• 40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
• 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths
• 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide)
Now it gets good:
• 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer in Chicago than when you are in a hospital!
• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers! So what is the point? If Obama and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.). A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides......Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions!
So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? It's pretty simple.:
Taking away guns gives control to governments.
The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.
Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs.
So the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword, because the whole body of the people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force at the command of Congress can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power."
Remember, when it comes to "gun control," the important word is “control," not “gun."

In previous statements I've made, which were never answered by the way, I discussed the different point of view that Americans had versus the rest of the world. Perhaps you should read that again, then maybe you would understand better.

Another question is about gun violence in movies. The people that make the movies are vehmently against gun violence, yet they still churn out movie after movie glorifying it. Why?

We have shockingly bad cities here, with incredibly strict gun control laws and rampant crime. Laws which only affect the lawful have not worked, yet those people in power who push the control agenda (and have armed security) want more of the same. That doesn't make sense.

You support greater laws everywhere, yet compared to other health issues, it is not nearly as devastating. Yet the masses seem to ignore more dangerous issues in favor of the highly visible and emotional one.

You may not have advociated for abolition, but people here certainly have. Our beloved politicians have oft commented on their desire to get rid of them all. Pelosi and Feinstein are two great examples.

I think the only one who thinks it is an uncontrollable fetish is you and your group, if the name calling and insults are any indication.

First you must define 'reasonable and responsible'. We have tried assault weapons bans, magazine bans, city-wide bans, law after law after law and you know what? Those darned criminals just keep breaking the law, causing the lawful to suffer. We have seen the downward slope (Recently in Massachusetts, they introduced new legislation to eliminate a grandfathering of magazines that hold more than ten rounds. No indication magazine capacity does anything, but let's ban it! Much like their state specific rifle bans. I believe two were used in a crime in the past ten years, but hey, let's ban them for everyone!) that the control crowd desires, and the lack of accomplishing anything other than a higher restriction on rights.

You take a look at all of that, and Chicago and Baltimore, what the lawmakers have done and the effect it has had on the citizens.

So let us get specific, what exactly would you propose in the ways of laws and restrictions? What do you think would have an effect on gun violence rates? What do you think would cause a reduction of criminal behavior?

Old 10-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #202
NightL
smoke'n'mirrors

We love guns that kill people. Let us dance.

Every person who espouses the glorification of guns has their finger on the next trigger.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #203
OTCurve
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightL View Post
Every person who espouses the glorification of guns has their finger on the next trigger.
Your lack of rationality is astounding.

You might as well say every person who doesn't want to ban trucks has their foot on the next gas pedal.

Every person who doesn't want to ban knives has their hand on the next blade?

Every person who doesn't want to ban hammers has their hand on the next assault?

According to you, we need more laws, that will solve everything. (Actually, I don't know what is according to you, as you refuse to answer straightforward questions.)

If only we had a law against, you know, murder.

Don't you find it the least bit strange that for other crime, we blame the person who is actually committing it, but if a gun is involved people blame the object used by the criminal? Why is that I wonder?

I await what I am sure will be either deafening silence or another emotional name-calling outburst.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:42 AM   #204
toeskr
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTCurve View Post
Your lack of rationality is astounding.

You might as well say every person who doesn't want to ban trucks has their foot on the next gas pedal.

Every person who doesn't want to ban knives has their hand on the next blade?

Every person who doesn't want to ban hammers has their hand on the next assault?

According to you, we need more laws, that will solve everything. (Actually, I don't know what is according to you, as you refuse to answer straightforward questions.)

If only we had a law against, you know, murder.

Don't you find it the least bit strange that for other crime, we blame the person who is actually committing it, but if a gun is involved people blame the object used by the criminal? Why is that I wonder?

I await what I am sure will be either deafening silence or another emotional name-calling outburst.
Dealing with Nl reminds me of a saying, "ignorance can be treated, stupidity is forever". She is a prime example.

Best of luck to her crusade to change lit and the threads to her liking.

Maybe she can start a how to thread when she succeeds.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #205
Ubernaught
Really Experienced

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
A 1911 carry question:

Can anyone recommend a vertical shoulder holster that isn't the Galco VHS?

Has to be vertical, and closed end so the muzzle is covered. Thanks.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:30 AM   #206
twister947
Mama Tried

OTCurve, I read all of your numbers ...very persuasive. Except.

Reducing a 3 year old child gunned down in a carseat by a citizen exercising his 2A rights to a number is morally dubious, and that's being generous. The 2nd has a human cost.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What you need is sustained outrage...there's far too much unthinking respect given to authority." Molly Ivins

Last edited by twister947 : 11-13-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #207
Ubernaught
Really Experienced

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
No recommendations for a good vertical shoulder holster for the 1911?

Old 11-18-2017, 02:20 AM   #208
toeskr
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister947 View Post
OTCurve, I read all of your numbers ...very persuasive. Except.

Reducing a 3 year old child gunned down in a carseat by a citizen exercising his 2A rights to a number is morally dubious, and that's being generous. The 2nd has a human cost.
Please enlighten us to this particular incident and all particulars involved.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:24 AM   #209
toeskr
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubernaught View Post
No recommendations for a good vertical shoulder holster for the 1911?
I don't shoulder carry, wish I could help you.

Maybe someone will jump in to help but more than likely you will just hear from whiny asses that have no real input on this thread and should have just moved along to ones that they can contribute to positively.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:14 PM   #210
twister947
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeskr View Post
Please enlighten us to this particular incident and all particulars involved.
Not the shooting I mentioned, but this will do.
http://news3lv.com/news/local/three-...vegas-shooting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What you need is sustained outrage...there's far too much unthinking respect given to authority." Molly Ivins

Old 11-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #211
twister947
Mama Tried

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/18/us/ark...age/index.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-18-2017, 09:26 PM   #212
OTCurve
Literotica Guru

Reading the two articles you cited has me a little confused as to what exactly you are trying to say, so please help me to understand you a little better.

Both situations were where a criminal shot someone.

In the first case, it was a family, and police believe it was not random.

In the second, well, I don't know what is going on with the second exactly. Just bear with me for a moment. According to the article, after an exchange of honking horns, a man gets out of his car and fired once into the car in front. The grandmother then drives nine miles to a JC Penney, and only then realizes her grandchild is shot? There was a second young child in the car as well. The grandmother, after the criminal fired into her car, didn't take off to the police or at least check to see if the little kids were ok, but drove to a store nine miles away?

What's your take on what was going on?

But these are the tales of two criminals. We don't know who they are, how they armed themselves, etc.

You said in an earlier post,
"Reducing a 3 year old child gunned down in a carseat by a citizen exercising his 2A rights to a number is morally dubious, and that's being generous. The 2nd has a human cost."

I don't quite understand what you mean. When we say, for example, two children die each day as a result of being poisoned, we are reducing them to a number, to report them. How would you do it?

Lastly, if you look out into this world, you'll find nearly everything has a human cost.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:53 AM   #213
toeskr
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Not the shooting I mentioned, but this will do.
http://news3lv.com/news/local/three-...vegas-shooting
So you link THIS to someone exercising their 2nd amendment rights? Incredible.

Sounds like bangers or dealers and neither give a shit about any laws.

Thank you for the insight to your mindset. You mention a specific incident and then throw a pile of shit out there hoping something sticks but can't cite the specific incident. Got it.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:59 AM   #214
toeskr
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Again, a criminal. Not a law abiding citizen " exercising " their 2nd amendment rights.

You, as someone that has been here long enough to know better, if a thread doesn't interest you, if it bothers you or if you have nothing worth contributing.... move along.

There are plenty of other threads you can vent on.

Do you have any useful information on the carrying of a 1911?