What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't alarm a huge segment of the economy used to stealing things they never intend to return.

Obama, being in a class all by himself wants the spending ceiling outlawed so that he can spend ad infinitum. Obviously he wants to salt the Earth with American taxpayer obligations.

He can only spend what congress tells him to. You don't want to hear that because you prefer to re-write the constitution to say that Obama has the power of the purse.
 
This doesn't alarm a huge segment of the economy used to stealing things they never intend to return.

The Democrats intend to maintain their power through giveaways and takeaways.

It's a tried-and-true tactic for controlling an ignorant population.
 
He can only spend what congress tells him to. You don't want to hear that because you prefer to re-write the constitution to say that Obama has the power of the purse.

yeah

the R's want a budget deal and Reid never has one, then the Pres and Reid call R's hostage takers



STFU with your STOOGERY
 
“No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period.”

Promise broken.
:cool:
 
yeah

the R's want a budget deal and Reid never has one, then the Pres and Reid call R's hostage takers



STFU with your STOOGERY

And in the absence of an overall budget each aspect of government gets an appropriations bill that originates in the Republican House. Then after telling Obama how much they want him to spend, Republicans turn around and say there was too much spending in the spending plan that they wrote.
 
According to Bloomberg, US corporations' after-tax profits have soared 171% under Obama and are now at their highest level ever. That's with the adjustment to Obamacare "uncertainty" weighing companies down.
Profits are more than twice as high as their peak during President Ronald Reagan’s administration and more than 50 percent greater than during the late-1990s Internet boom, measured by the size of the economy.

Clearly Obama is bad for business. :cool:
 
“No matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period.”

Promise broken.
:cool:

A silly promise considering people's doctors change all the time for all kinds of reasons that the president can't control.
 
This is NOT a glitch

Its a feature


Fun Fact Of The Day: 8,332,000 Americans Dropped Out Of The Workforce During Obama’s First Term…





(CNSNews.com) – The number of Americans age 16 or older who decided not to work or even to seek a job increased by 8,332,000 to a record 88,839,000 in President Barack Obama’s first term, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The increase in Americans opting out of the labor force during Obama’s first term resulted in a decrease in the labor force participation rate from 65.7 percent in January 2009, the month Obama was first inaugurated, to 63.6 percent in December 2012, the latest month reported. Before Obama took office, the labor force participation rate had not been as low as 63.6 percent since 1981, the year President Ronald Reagan took over from President Jimmy Carter.

To be in the labor force a person must either have a job or actively sought one in the previous four weeks.

When Obama was inaugurated in January 2009, there were 80,507,000 American civilians age 16 or older who did not have a job or seek one. In December 2012, there were 88,839,000—thus, the increase of 8,332,000.
 
yeah

the R's want a budget deal and Reid never has one, then the Pres and Reid call R's hostage takers



STFU with your STOOGERY


Republicans do not want a budget deal, they want their own budget passed by a Democratic Senate and a Democratic president, election results be damned. Schumer just said the Senate is going to pass a budget but it's going to have a heap of revenue increases from removing tax breaks for the wealthy. The GOP asked for a budget but they're just going to end up whining about getting one.
 
STFU with your STOOGERY:cool:

This is how this is going to go.

1) Obama sends his budget to the House with revenue increase via removing tax subsidies to the wealthy. Nobody making $2 million per year needs socialized child care subsidies so let's get rid of those.

2) The House will turn it into a political ad and ignore Obama's budget, creating their own Ryan plan 3.0 which they will send it to the Senate.

3) The Senate will revert the budget bill back to basically Obama's budget and send it back to the House for final approval.

4) The Republican House will whine about getting budgets it just doesn't like.

5) They will whine more.

6) ... and more...

7) ... and more...

8) ... and more...

9) ... and more...

10) ... and end up being the ones refusing to pass a budget.


The Dems have already indicated that they're fine running things on a series of appropriations bills so they're not going to budge. But they'll be certain to spend the next 2 years talking about how they passed a budget that slashes the deficit that's been sitting in the House for ages as Republicans bicker among themselves.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top