Streets of Fire (OOC Discussion)

Image altered, finding something with her being fully clothed and not weilding a big glowing spear is rather difficult. Or it's a heavily labeled comic cover.

added some background.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Would you be against her being a member of a royal family that was dethroned before the start of the thread? That might help explain why she was taken from her home at such an early age.
 
sure, i'm up for anything. did you have any particular idea's?
 
Any room for a shady, opportunistic thief playing both sides of the fence but who's loyalties really lie with the rebels?
 
Lieutenant Nathaniel Beringer, Royal Navy

Ok, I like how this game is shaping up. Here's my starter - happy to change, or start again. As for names, I don't know what country this is based on, so I've gone English. I can change if a more "mainland Europe" name is needed...

Lieutenant Nathaniel Beringer

Aged: 30
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green

Parents: Deceased
Siblings: Marianne Beringer (aged 19 - missing)

A decorated naval officer and loyal to the crown - despite having few illusions about the legitimacy or methods of the establishment, Nathaniel nevertheless did as he was expected by his family and took a commission in the Royal Navy. He values stability, and genuinely felt that maintaining the status quo was a preferable solution to the anarchy of rebellion against order. An easy to hold position if your family is well off and well fed. His naval career has seen him face only foreign enemies and had kept him away from the worst depravities happening within his own country.

"Kept him away" being past tense. While docked in a friendly port, Nathaniel received a letter from his sister asking him to return to deal with 'family problems'. As he was owed it, Nathaniel was granted leave of absence to return to the family's country home. Upon reaching it, he found it to be burned to the ground, the servants gone. Fearing the worst, and assuming the burning to be the result of the civil action racking the county, he rode to the local constable's office to demand answers - and was promptly arrested without explanation.

He can either start the game still in custody, or having escaped. He won't know to begin with, but his sister was implicated as actively supporting the rebels and using their estate to hide weapons etc. His father (his only surviving parent) was killed resisting arrest, though he was likely innocent, and his sister was taken alive for questioning. The estate was burned down as a warning and their other assets, townhouse, business interests etc, were seized by the crown.

He has no connection to the rebels himself and has, so far, not displayed any inclination to support them. He is, however, under no illusion that his career is over and the fate of his family is his priority.

benjamin_hornigold_aciv_render_6761.png
 
Last edited:
Still can't find a picture

Name: Ivan...just Ivan
Age: 33
Hair: Ash blonde
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'9"
Defining marks or scars: Burn scarring on his hands and forearms
Short Bio: Ivan's history is as much an enigma as he wish it to be, only a select few knows it and it takes long to get the whole story out of him. He got introduced to the Armed Rebels as a friend of a friend of a friend. After a year it became clear that Ivan enjoyed three things: Killing soldiers, blowing up buildings and drinking afterwards. Since the Rebels weren't soldiers and that they provided drink and good company, Ivan stayed.

Fun Trivia facts:

Ivan's favorite words are: "Vher yu vant a hole?"

You never want to hear Ivan say: "Oops."

A sober Ivan is shy towards women, he will most likely just ignore them.

Though Ivan is a demolition expert, he is also skilled with knives and rifles. Other weapons doesn't appeal to him.

It is rumored that the nefarious act of collapsing the outer walls of a city named Moscau was Ivan's doing, but there's no proof of this and Ivan isn't saying anything.
 
Whatever you want to do if we're good to start. Would be good to get something set up so that he crosses paths with the heroine at some point.

I don't mind if he starts up about to escape, escaped, or just getting locked up. Or something else. I'm easy. :)
 
I'll be fleshing out a few additional character biographies over the rest of the weekend.

Should make things interesting.
 
*raises hand*

Uhm excuse me bosslady...am I accepted or should I figure out a different character?
 
Back
Top