Submission

loquere

Smile!
Are sumissions back logged or something

I've had a story out of preview, and pending publication for pushing near five days now. Is there a back log?

I've had a story out of preview, and pending publication for pushing near five days now. Is there a back log?

Yes and the Valentines Day contesrt started so that sometimes adds another day or two. Five days has been the norm since before the holidays.

Yeah, I'm averaging 6-7 days on stories that are not Valentine's Day stories.

I asked her that a while back and her answer was maybe, IF she could find one to do things her way.

I wouldn't think it would be hard to find someone to barely skim a story before giving it a thumbs up.:rolleyes:

I imagine it would be more of a financial burden that would stop her from doing it.

I would do ten stories a night for free if she asked me. Not a hundred, but a few. There are plenty of volunteer editors on this site, and I bet that plenty would be willing to lighten the load by a few if it meant that stories got approved faster

I don't think editing is really the right term. I mean, yes, if a stories spelling and grammar is that horrendous it might get kicked back, but for the most part she is not checking for typos

Its more like screening.

Looking for underage or under age or under age or under age or things that are less than 18 years old or under age or people who once thought they knew someone who knew someone who's best friend's cousin's sister masturbated when she was 17 and 364 days old.

Things like that. Everything else is cool.

I would do ten stories a night for free if she asked me. Not a hundred, but a few. There are plenty of volunteer editors on this site, and I bet that plenty would be willing to lighten the load by a few if it meant that stories got approved faster

LushStories works like this -- they have a number of "moderators" who have authority to vet stories. It usually means stories go up within 24 hours, and they have more restrictions than Lit does. I don't know if it's money or what, but I don't see why Lit doesn't do this.

I don't think editing is really the right term. I mean, yes, if a stories spelling and grammar is that horrendous it might get kicked back, but for the most part she is not checking for typos

Its more like screening.

Looking for underage or under age or under age or under age or things that are less than 18 years old or under age or people who once thought they knew someone who knew someone who's best friend's cousin's sister masturbated when she was 17 and 364 days old.

Things like that. Everything else is cool.

Quit getting bristly. If you want to see sixteen year olds fucking break out the binoculars

LushStories works like this -- they have a number of "moderators" who have authority to vet stories. It usually means stories go up within 24 hours, and they have more restrictions than Lit does. I don't know if it's money or what, but I don't see why Lit doesn't do this.

My take on things is that Lit is Laurel's baby and she doesn't trust it to anyone. It's hers; she can do as she pleases.

If so after the contest she needs a thank you hug. Especially after reading my next piece of crap.

My chapter just went live after about 10 days (OK! I did muff up, er screw up, er I mean make a mistake with the formatting) but I'm willing to wait. I'm sure Laurel (or someone) reads them all because she reassigned one of mine to a different story category and sometimes changes the tags. And she is right, she's way better than me at judging these things. I'm grateful for the time and attention - and for a space to publish which doesn't have a pair of buttocks going up and down in my eyeline while I'm trying to read a story. I like a nice pair of buttocks but I prefer to focus on the text when I'm reading :D

:heart: you Laurel, thanks for this space.

If you're reading this Laurel, we love you so much. This is a great site... Give my love to Manu

Back