words to avoid in erotic poetry

With reference to Snigger/Snicker. My English teacher many years ago told us with a smile that, " Horses snicker and neigh - but we (people) snigger and nay."

As she was a young woman with an unimpeachable reputation I took her statement at face value - but why do I still remember 30+ years later.:)
Or maybe you remember her knickers, but hey...

Oh, hell, he's denoting
seems to be some confusion in words here Harry

de·no·ta·tion
ˌdēnōˈtāSHən/
noun
noun: denotation; plural noun: denotations

the literal or primary meaning of a word, in contrast to the feelings or ideas that the word suggests.

detonation
http://chamorrobible.org/images/photos/gpw-20050304-UnitedStatesArmy-061014-A-5493S-057-cache-unexploded-ordnance-detonated-near-Forward-Operating-Base-Falcon-Iraq-20061014-medium.jpg

ever wonder why it got an E? it took me awhile...

Last edited:
seems to be some confusion in words here Harry

de·no·ta·tion
ˌdēnōˈtāSHən/
noun
noun: denotation; plural noun: denotations

the literal or primary meaning of a word, in contrast to the feelings or ideas that the word suggests.

detonation
http://chamorrobible.org/images/photos/gpw-20050304-UnitedStatesArmy-061014-A-5493S-057-cache-unexploded-ordnance-detonated-near-Forward-Operating-Base-Falcon-Iraq-20061014-medium.jpg

ever wonder why it got an E? it took me awhile...

Oh Hell, he's detonating
:D

{this thread needs a gag-emote . . . as in a fingers down throat jobbie, not the kind some of you enjoy nor a comedic reference :p }

LOL! I second that :) Good advice for new poets and not so new poets.

Nice thread!

Am I lost? hmmm, I thought I was posting on your over used word thread, read the last few posts now I feel as though I have ole timers coming on....:eek:

gag.gif

words to avoid ...

silence,

seems to work ..

really ...

I expected, sooo much more

imho.. :)

Cum. Ugh. Hate that spelling.

Any word that cheapens the act.

Tits comes to mind. And twat. And rod.

Yuck.

I don’t know. I’m picky about words. More about the way they’re put together, though.

They fornicated most of the night,
upstairs, then down a flight,
tumpas in the rec room,
breakfast in the kitchen.

hey...

They are when they become hackneyed and the readers groans and thinks 'Couldn't you at least have looked for some originality'.

Not only this place but ANY site or place or book you are capable of reading has an original thought or phrase or word.
It has all been thought or seen or felt or read or written or experienced in one fashion or another LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG before any of you were just swimmers in your Daddy's sac.
So go on and roll your eyes and talk your shit...
Originality---, now that's funny.

Not only this place but ANY site or place or book you are capable of reading has an original thought or phrase or word.
It has all been thought or seen or felt or read or written or experienced in one fashion or another LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG before any of you were just swimmers in your Daddy's sac.
So go on and roll your eyes and talk your shit...
Originality---, now that's funny.

There you go, for this forum at least I don't think I've seen 'swimmers in your Daddy's sac' before. :D

Back