Fake accounts

JewishProf

Really Experienced
Probably half of the accounts currently online, purporting to be from women, are clearly fake. Most were created in December and have no profile and no posts. Is this being done by the Literotica site administrators to conceal the gender imbalance?

Dave

Obviously, you have missed the onslaught of "check out my pics tee hee" spam that's flying around every single erotica site right now. How, I don't know, because there's been mountains of it, and it's everywhere.

It's that simple. Spammer accounts that haven't activated yet. Once one opens the floodgates, it will be gone. Until then, it's a sleeper account.

Probably half of the accounts currently online, purporting to be from women, are clearly fake. Most were created in December and have no profile and no posts. Is this being done by the Literotica site administrators to conceal the gender imbalance?

Dave

That's pretty much true of the whole Internet. How is Lit. supposed to know who is fake or not? If you see someone that's a fake, call them out. It's what I do.

Also, new people can't make a profile. Oh it will look like it from there end but the ability for others to see it has been broken for some time. That's why we put current info. in our sigs.

Don't know if this is the right place to ask about this, but ....

does the site care about the presence of bots on the site that jack up posts? I wonder out loud simply because it can be annoying to the humans here, but I can see where it would benefit the site by beefing up traffic. Just wondeirng out loud if there is a possition that the administrators have about bots.

I don't know why, I just know that it can be annoying to find out that you are playing a game with, being challenged by a bot.

lots of fake accounts.

Commonly its used to sign up for special discounts, but this place don't have that.

Or to get fake reviews and points for contests. we HAVE that

Don't know if this is the right place to ask about this, but ....

does the site care about the presence of bots on the site that jack up posts? I wonder out loud simply because it can be annoying to the humans here, but I can see where it would benefit the site by beefing up traffic. Just wondeirng out loud if there is a possition that the administrators have about bots.

I haven't seen evidence that bots are creating a large % of forum posts, but even supposing they were... how does that benefit the site? I'm not seeing how that brings in money, directly or indirectly.

Dave

With the profile issue, that might be Literotica's fault. I have tried to reach out to them a couple of different times since I am unable to edit my profile at all. But there has been no help, so it remains blank sadly.

One can wonder if the site benefits from the presense of female bots, which would enhance the appearance of the female/male ratio. I'm not a conspiracy therorist - If I was and I truely beleived that, I wouldn't be here. But, it is possible that in the internet world of trying to get more clicks someone would do that. The main thing that drives me to believe that this reason isn't true, is the lack of advertising that is dependant on clicks.

Now, a real concern is that Lit is an ideal place to test a bot design. There are loads of threads that ask for simple responses, in many cases one word or in the one that annoyed me, just a number. Bot designers are looking for places like this to get real testing in and see how well their bots work.

how long do you need to live in tin foil hat conspiracy land to even come up with some so silly? Asking for a friend.

What are you denying exists? A huge gender imbalance, or that site administrators (not necessarily this site) deny it exists? Regards to your friend.

Back