New York roll call

As a lifelong NYer I have always gotten a kick out of how EVERYONE in NY thinks their pizza is the best and take it very personally, especially those from Brooklyn. I have tried pizza from all over, and would take my good old Long Island pizza over any of them, but that is just my tastes… BTW can't find any good pizza downtown near work although enjoy adrienne's on occasion.

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn, but I've surrendered the pizza crown to Manhattan.

Seems like there is some merit to this theory, but it does not hold true with me. I grew up eating Pizza Hut. Now I won't touch the stuff in favor of other pizza I've had in my travels.

I will say NYC does have great bagels.

I don't either agree, I grew up eating local pizza in Brooklyn, but now my favorite slice is in Manhattan. Taste trumps nostalgia.

Good morning, is everyone off for the MLK day? Going to the early hockey game here on the Island… haven't been outside yet, lazy morning..

First post here, so thought I would find my locals! Male, 46 from NYC. Hi!

First post here, so thought I would find my locals! Male, 46 from NYC. Hi!

Welcome..

And a very good morning to all the NYers here. What is all this white stuff on the ground here? Had almost forgotten what snow is.. Headed to the city to see a show today..

Looks like we...

... got about 4 to 6 inches of snow in the Bronx since last night.

Rain's supposed to be coming very soon... hope the temps don't drop too horribly tonight, black ice is bad stuff.

12-18 inches expected tomorrow now.. was supposed to be a dusting. Maybe I should have been a meteorologist.. sounds like job security has nothing to do with being right.. LIRR will be an adventure on Tuesday AM

Hope I get to leave early/not go into work and have some fun on here!

12-18 inches expected tomorrow now.. was supposed to be a dusting. Maybe I should have been a meteorologist.. sounds like job security has nothing to do with being right.. LIRR will be an adventure on Tuesday AM

I've often said that. Its the only job I know in which you can be consistently wrong and not get fired.

I have a whole crop of new hires this week and training scheduled for them through Thursday. Well that agenda is worth shit now! Fun stuff.

When they call for bad weather and it's good weather, our happiness/relief exceeds our disappointment. When they call for good weather and it's bad, we are calling for those meteorologists' heads!

I think Tuesday will be a snow play day. I'm thinking sledding down my local hill. We stop when we hit the frozen lake. Who wants to join me?

Hot chocolate afterwards.

Ok so now we are getting a blizzard? Anyone want to come over and build a snowman and make some snow angels (or snowDoms and spread eagle snow subs if you prefer lol).. was looking forward to the Islander/ranger game Tuesday but might be cancelled with 2 to 3 feet of snow forecasted here and 50 MPH winds.. oh well..

Back