An Erotic Art Challenge

Here are some hints to tease the imagination of those who like to guess:

All of the monickers are known in PF&D. With the exception of one poet who likes to participate principally in the challenges, everyone else is a frequent contributor to the other threads in PF&D.

Among the poets, 6 have submitted 1 poem; 4 have submitted 2; and 2 have submitted 3 poems.

If or when we reach 24 submissions, I'll group the poems together without, of course, identifying the monicker. When the challenge ends, I'll list the monickers separately from the grouped poems for a couple of days, and then folks can fine tune their guesses before I link poet and poem.

Last edited:
I find it telling that in an erotic art challenge every image has been of the female form. I wish I had the free time to write a second entry (one of mine is already in there) to praise a piece of art that captures the masculine.

Not sure what I'd choose as a subject though. Michelangelo's David? David's Cupid? Eastman and Laird's Michelangelo?

I find it telling that in an erotic art challenge every image has been of the female form. I wish I had the free time to write a second entry (one of mine is already in there) to praise a piece of art that captures the masculine.

Not sure what I'd choose as a subject though. Michelangelo's David? David's Cupid? Eastman and Laird's Michelangelo?

I have been thinking exactly the same thing. The David also came to mind, but it's too obvious. I actually do have yet another piece of art I'd like to write about which breaks the pattern, but we'll see if I have time and if the muse cooperates.

I vote for the Mandingo.

#5 - Oggbashan?

This is a rather "out there" guess, but based on the subject matter primarily - #5 might well be by Ogg. I was reading about shunga and recalled he has interests in that area.

The more I read #21 the more I like it. As for guessing who it's by, possibly Trix? GP? Carrie? Or, possibly, Tzara. Though more likely it was written by a woman. I'd have guessed gm based on the subject and the sensibility, but the poem doesn't seem to me written in his style.

The more I read #21 the more I like it. As for guessing who it's by, possibly Trix? GP? Carrie? Or, possibly, Tzara. Though more likely it was written by a woman. I'd have guessed gm based on the subject and the sensibility, but the poem doesn't seem to me written in his style.

I like 21 as well, but twern't me what wrote it

I don't think so. Too jokey, and the referenced art doesn't seem like her.

It's British (she would say English, correcting me), but I'd guess someone else. Who, I'm not sure. AH? Only because of the metrics.

I'd guess me except I know I didn't write it.

I'm pretty sure it's not AH's, not his kind of metrics. I was thinking Harry, tongue firmly in his cheek.

Back