War of the supernaturals (IC thread. Check the OOC to join)

Lyden noticed the subtle change on her features, did she just blush? He found himself wondering. His heart warmed from just the thought.
"And you're stronger than you look. Quite astonishing and full of surprises." he complimented back. Actually considering what she did back there, it was more of a fact than a compliment. He didn't miss it, she blushed again.
For reasons he couldn't explain, Lyden found himself drawn to her, his gaze on her didn't flicker for a moment. He heard footsteps coming down the stairs and quickly looked away.
"I'm sorry." he apologised.
He brought his head back up as Melea entered the dinning.
 
Last edited:
Entering the dining room Melea saw that both Lyden and Arabelle were there, and possibly from the looks on their faces she had interuppted what looked like an intimate conversation. Her heart sank, he did have feelings for the witch. She straightened to her full height, she could do this. "I I I have something to say to you both, in fact i'm here to apologise' she stuttered, she couldn't look at them she was so mortified about what she had accused the witch of.
 
"I'm glad you understand some of those things." Damian said sipping on a whiskey he'd ordered. "Like I said I've collected bits and peices over the years, books, scrolls. Anything I could secret away but they aren't complete enough and I've seen what happens when you try some of these things and they go bad."

Damian sighed. It wasn't like Frost wasn't telling him anything he didn't know about the risks of giving a human those kinds of powers. Of course just sitting with Frost forced him into an awkward position. Did he hunt the supernatural because they were evil and hurt people or did they hurt people because they were hunted like animals. He believed the doctrines of the E.M. but he wasn't so closed minded that he could just chalk him up as 'one of the good ones'. Especially if he wanted to make his own to use in the war.

"Yeah, I'm aware that there is a risk. I'd still like to know how to do it. So far whatever this thing is has been mostly on defense. Are you familiar with a thing called the Godzilla Threshold? It was coined in the 80's after a big monster in the movies. They were always trying to kill it but whenever they got close a bigger meaner monster would show up and they'd free it or save it or whatever. Not because they wanted to but because things were already so fucked up that nothing could possibly make it any worse. That's kinda how I see this guy, if he goes on the offense I don't have a clue how we'd stop him from ripping through HQ." Of course they had a number of back up sites, some Frost didn't know about. Some Damian wasn't supposed to know about and he'd always assumed there were still some he'd never managed to track down. Whatever else the council was good at keeping secrets was definitely one of them.
 
"It's quite alright. I'm sure we are all on edge right now with everything that is going on. I forgive you." Arabelle said. "I just want you to know that I'm on your side, I will do whatever I have to to keep us all safe."
 
Damian Frost

"We can work together to make the weapons. I did dabble with smithing, alchemy and enchantments in the earlier years. All hush-hush of course. If the EM got wind of me and what I did I would have died before getting the chance to actually join them."

He leaned back in his seat, considering Damian for a long time,

"You want to fight the monster by creating your own? Are you sure that is wise? Will it not just make you the same as them? They create more of their own from the powerful to be better predators and survive longer."
 
'No, you don't understand i'm not on edge, the reason I accused you of holding something back is because my wolf projected her thoughts and feelings, her strong feelings for Lyden to me' turning to Lyden Melea fell to her knees and offered her neck in submission. 'We understand if you no longer want us to stay, just know that we will always look out for you and protect you, if there is anything we can do to make amends for accusing Arabelle, then we will. We are so sorry Lyden, can you ever forgive us?"
 
"We can work together to make the weapons. I did dabble with smithing, alchemy and enchantments in the earlier years. All hush-hush of course. If the EM got wind of me and what I did I would have died before getting the chance to actually join them."

He leaned back in his seat, considering Damian for a long time,

"You want to fight the monster by creating your own? Are you sure that is wise? Will it not just make you the same as them? They create more of their own from the powerful to be better predators and survive longer."

"Yeah. They might let the smithing pass but if they knew you knew alchemy they'd have me vivisect you in a heart beat." Damian chuckled slightly and shrugged. "Though to be fair if they knew the shit I've amassed over the decades the only difference is they'd kill me first and experiment second. As to your other question I had considered that risk and we may not be there yet but like I said, there comes a time when you can't make the situation any worse."

After that he set down his drink instead ordering a water and a burger and just sitting and small talking with Frost, something he hadn't really had time to do in the past. He'd mostly known the vampire via reputation and in passing.

Then his phone went off. "Well, you're not formally attached to my unit yet so I can't order you to come, but my unit is being called in."
 
Damian Frost

He gave Damian an all too human grin, "Ever considered just asking me? It's not like have better things to do."
 
Lyden had allowed Arabelle to speak first since she was the one that was accused. Lyden couldn't deny it, he felt something for the wolf yet his heart beats for the witch. He was a man torn between two choices.
His heart broke from seeing her kneel so before him, he moved and helped her up. "I was never angry with you Melea, there's no need to ask for my forgiveness. Arabelle has already forgiven you, and that warms my heart. Stay Melea. If you leave, you leave me blank." Lyden said soothingly. If told to choose between the both creatures before him who to save first, the aged vampire will remain uncertain.
"Now lets eat, we'll be needing the strength."
He moved into the kitchen to fetch the dishes leaving the two ladies alone.
 
Last edited:
"He's all yours..." Arabelle said going to the table and adjusting a few dishes, trying to keep busy "I'll step back. The last thing we need is a war between us. So I won't stand in your way..." Her voice was steady as she spoke, hiding the pain she really felt. "I'm sorry my feelings upset you."
 
Damain had a smile on his face as the E.M. pulled up outside the location. "This is simple everybody. By the books." He pulled out Blood song and cocked it approaching the building. This was his first time out with the new team, hopefully this would go better than his last excursion.
 
Last edited:
Black Star: Central bank, Washington D.C

Joseph still possessing Abdusalami's body growled as another thirty miunte rolled by. He glanced at another television in the bank, still no sign that he existed. Just like in his high school days, no one gives a shit about what he does, about his name. Black star.
His comm came alive and Williams annoying voice blared out.
"Mr Yegashe, the army have been called into this, and air strike are now being considered. America will do anything not to lose face to a comic book terrorist like you, give up now. While you still can."
Abdusalami sighed and picked up the comm. "You'll do well not to bluff with me at this time Mr Williams. I have told you what my demands and you have refused them and even threatened me. So this is what'll do." he paused to count the number of souls in the bank. "I'll kill one person every 15 minutes until my demands are met. And just in case you have forgotten, i want the name black star on every channel and radio frequency. Announcing the demon that rules. Me" he barked into the comm
 
Last edited:
Melea sighed, turning to Arabelle she said 'you do know I can tell when you are lying, don't you? I know you have feelings for him too, but what ever you are thinking, you have it wrong. When i said we had strong feelings for Lyden I meant we love him as our leader, as our Alpha. I never meant to cause you any pain Arabelle, I'm new to all this trying to decipher what my Wolf is telling me. All I want to do now is learn all I can about what is happening and how we help other Supernatural's.'
 
"We need to find them if we want to help them. I'm not sure how Lyden found us but clearly it can be done. Then we have to find a way to defer the EMs without become the monsters they claim we are. It's not going to be easy..." She said as she thought over what Melea had just said "So you aren't in love with him?" She asked.
 
'He used some kind of tracker to find us, I assume it will work on finding others like us. I do love him Arabelle, i'm not gping to lie. I need him, as he is stronger than me I see him like I would the Alpha of a pack, as I have no pack my wolf and I have strong feelings for him, and we will protect him.
 
"If that's true then I am thinking the right way. I need to step out of the way and let you be happy before I get hurt. When I got here it was like you wanted to kill me. If I pursue him... I'm not sure that your wolf will hold back this time..." She took a deep breath. She hated that Melea could tell just how upset she was "if I have to die to save either of you I will but if I die for my feelings for him then I'm not helping anyone."
 
'How about we leave this for Lyden to choose who he wants? I don't want to fight and we will abide by his choice, one of us is going to get hurt no matter what happens, but I would rather we were friends than enemies too, especially over a man, even if he is a rather sexy vampire' Melea laughed as she waited for Arabelle's reply
 
"Whatever you want." She said not understanding why she wouldn't just let her step back. "I should see what's taking him so long..." She said heading off to the kitchen. "Need help with anything?" She asked.
 
Last edited:
"Okay lets get the civilians out of the way." Damian said to his team. He hated dealing with run of the mill cops, they always got in the way. Fortunately over the years they had set up official channels with the government that allowed them to get the police out of the way in this case setting up a perimeter. Once they were finished he looked around to the rest of his men.

"Alright lets get a look inside."
 
"What i need help with..." he turned to her carrying on a plate, a fried chicken. "You can't help me. It's something i must face alone....but you can assist carrying this to the table." he said handing the tray to her.
 
"You don't have to face anything alone, but it's your choice to do so. Just know that whatever it is we are here to help you." She said before heading back into the dinning room with the chicken.
 
Lyden had prepared a typical american meal. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and fried green beans sauteed with onion and bacon.
Now tired with the deafening silence Lyden looked up from his plate.
I hope you girls don't the mind irish food. I just couldn't come up with anything part from the potatoes." he joked beaming the room with his charming smile.
 
Black Star: Central Bank, Washington D.C

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Abdusalami cursed and yelled as another 15 minutes flew by. "It seems your government doesn't care about you. They have left you hear to die." he snarled at the shivering hostages. The slim pockmarked skin asian walked up to a busty guard who crouched behind a desk. On reaching her, he gripped her by the hair and forced her onto the desk. "Spread your legs," he whispered into her ear. "My gun want to have fun." he finished bringing out a silver pistol.
A young guard backing him carefully with his leg unplugged the security cam. Blinding Abdusalami from seeing the unit making for the elevator.
 
Last edited:
"I don't mind. Everything is really delicious." Arabelle said smiling back at him "You're a really good cook. Maybe I could make something for everyone some time. It's the least I could do to help."
 
"Well of course, the kitchen is all yours ladies." he replied jovially. Lyden took a sip of his martini, he gently placed his spoon and fork down then sat upright. "You know, i don't really know anything about the both of you, well except for your names and your abilities. So why don't we spend the rest of dinner and the evening learning a little about each other, hmm." he shifted his gaze to Arabelle, motioning her to begin.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top