new blind user needs a little help with writing

visionlessone

Virgin
Hello everyone,
as the subject says, I need a little help. I also happpen to be blind, so some of the tools that most sighted users might have to correct errors are a little beyond my ability. I do use a screen reader and work with MS Word. I can get most of it right, but some things might get past me, especially if I am only using the screen reader. I also have a braille display device. It helps, but some symbols in braille can stand for multiple things, depending on context and rules (there is only so many characters one can do with a 6 dot cell). So, I would appreciate some help.

you are welcome to message me here. I have already tried to submit 1 story (which was rejected for many of the reasons stated above), so I submitted a rewrite (filled in a lot of details, tried to use proper diction, punctuation, etc. Not sure if I got it any better.

also, as I am brand new around here, I could certainly use some help and suggestions. I will most likely be writing from the POV of one who is blind (I have spent litterally half of my life blind, so it's a medium I am most familiar with).

thanks!

By the way, visionlessone, you need to manually enable private messages in your user control panel.

Back