Writing Goal for the Day?

Fine. Probably 500+ words on the scary story, and a graph on R&B8. My muse is messing with me -- I don't have time for this.

Not a goal, but a met goal. I just finished revising and resubmitting a chapter to one of my stories. That might not sound like much but it took me forever, or at least several months to do it. I think my story writing has improved a little since when I originally wrote it, so wanted to bring up that chapter to a level I felt comfortable with. Now, time to rest and forget about writing for awhile. Or at least until I can get caught up with work. :)

I'd like to finish revising part 3 to a longer story by this weekend and submit my Halloween entry. I'd like to, but it doesn't mean I will. :c

I'd like to finish revising part 3 to a longer story by this weekend and submit my Halloween entry. I'd like to, but it doesn't mean I will. :c

But as my old soccer coach said, you can't score if you don't shoot. So keep going -- you can do it. :)

Fine. Probably 500+ words on the scary story, and a graph on R&B8. My muse is messing with me -- I don't have time for this.

LOL Damn that muse! Mine woke me up at 3 am. I held out until 4, then got up and wrote roughly 1,000 words before I had to stop and get ready for work.

I could sooo do this full time. If only I didn't have to eat...

Just helped the hub proof a family tree that he traced back to the 1200s and better. Now I am quite tired. Still will try to add a little to the camera story and R&B. Yawn.

Someone please tell me why I'm sending my characters into a shoe store? I hate shopping for shoes and now I have to come up with three pairs for her to try on.

Baseball playoffs between two teams I don't give a shit about suddenly looks really good.

Why am I liking Drew Barrymore's new red hair? I think I want that color.

Someone please tell me why I'm sending my characters into a shoe store? I hate shopping for shoes and now I have to come up with three pairs for her to try on.

Baseball playoffs between two teams I don't give a shit about suddenly looks really good.

Why am I liking Drew Barrymore's new red hair? I think I want that color.

Because every woman, except you and me, is enamored of shoes and shopping for them. :)

Have her try on a boot, the perennial "strappy heel," and for fun, go for a pair of "cruel shoes" and remember Steve Martin.

Yeah, got something writerly done today, submitted a Halloween entry.

@ annanova, sexy shoes, right? And Drew has always been sexy ever since she hit 21.

@ PennLady, I wrote a poem about cruel heels once. Something about stomping the life out of her boyfriend, or so I imagined seeing her spiked heels. Always wondered how she walked on them.

Last edited:
Because every woman, except you and me, is enamored of shoes and shopping for them. :)

Have her try on a boot, the perennial "strappy heel," and for fun, go for a pair of "cruel shoes" and remember Steve Martin.

But... Steve Martin had... HAPPY FEET!!

@Neonurotic, of course sexy shoes. This is erotica, after all. ;) Yeah, I love Drew, too. I'm glad she's pulled her life together. The red she's got in her latest make-up commercial really works for her.

Okay, shoes. She's working upward in the heel department and she's starting with a ballet flat (because that's what I'm looking for). Of course, the story's set in May, so a boot might not the best idea, even in Montreal. Shoot. I was actually liking the idea of the salesman running the zipper up her inner calf.

@LettersFromTatyana, yeah, peep toes work for May.

As for the red, my director wants something almost garish for the November show. Oh, and I get to pull my hair up into big, crooked pigtails. I think I'll even have ribbons. How many cliches can we hit?

But... Steve Martin had... HAPPY FEET!!

@Neonurotic, of course sexy shoes. This is erotica, after all. ;) Yeah, I love Drew, too. I'm glad she's pulled her life together. The red she's got in her latest make-up commercial really works for her.

Okay, shoes. She's working upward in the heel department and she's starting with a ballet flat (because that's what I'm looking for). Of course, the story's set in May, so a boot might not the best idea, even in Montreal. Shoot. I was actually liking the idea of the salesman running the zipper up her inner calf.

@LettersFromTatyana, yeah, peep toes work for May.

As for the red, my director wants something almost garish for the November show. Oh, and I get to pull my hair up into big, crooked pigtails. I think I'll even have ribbons. How many cliches can we hit?

He had happy feet, true, but then he wrote a story about the cruel shoes... which was pretty funny.

Why not start with a flat, move on to some kind of peep-toe heel and maybe -- there's a pair of boots on sale? Even if they don't come all the way up her calf, they could come over her ankle and the clerk would have to get close to help put them on and zip them up. Or they could be longer boots that she gets for the fall (again: sale! :) ).

For the show, geez, you don't have to dress up in some school girl outfit, do you? ;)

I submitted my Halloween story last night and it posted this morning. Rather fast I think. Anyway, since I was successful in writing goals yesterday, I will try for more the same by revising part 3 of another story.

He had happy feet, true, but then he wrote a story about the cruel shoes... which was pretty funny.

Why not start with a flat, move on to some kind of peep-toe heel and maybe -- there's a pair of boots on sale? Even if they don't come all the way up her calf, they could come over her ankle and the clerk would have to get close to help put them on and zip them up. Or they could be longer boots that she gets for the fall (again: sale! :) ).

For the show, geez, you don't have to dress up in some school girl outfit, do you? ;)

She's starting with a flat, that much I'm decided on. After that, a peep-toe and probably a strappy sandal.

A school-girl outfit? My director and I were howling over that. Seriously, how cliche can you get? It won't be perfect since the skirt we found isn't plaid. :D

Was up til 5 am this morning, furiously writing a story that my writing partner dropped into my mind along about 1 am. Had no intention on working on that last night, but the story wouldn't go away. Don't know if others get these story demands from their minds as well when other writing was intended. The story won't even appear in published form for a good four or five months.

My punishment was that the power was off--for three hours this morning--in this mountaintop home I'm vacationing in.

Was approached out of the blue a few days back about someone wanting to buy one of my stories for a BDSM anthology.

I was blown away. Not just because they wanted it,(I almost blew them off thinking it was a friend of mine yanking my chain) but were honest and did not just lift it. They did however want me to make a few changes, so sent it off to my editor and got it back last night so will fix all that today.

maybe not today, but my goal for next week when I'm on vacation is at least another chapter or two of Forbidden Feelings. Or finish one of the other two short stories i started.

Yay, hockey season! And yay, watching the Bruins hang that banner!
And I've been meaning to ask, PL: yea or nay on Jagr with the Flyers?

Nice. The worst outfit I ever had to wear was for a bit part in L'il Abner. :eek:

Was up til 5 am this morning, furiously writing a story that my writing partner dropped into my mind along about 1 am. Had no intention on working on that last night, but the story wouldn't go away. Don't know if others get these story demands from their minds as well when other writing was intended. The story won't even appear in published form for a good four or five months.

I have this problem with programming; if I think I find a way around a problem, I have to get up and write the code, no matter the time, and no matter how long it takes to figure it out. It's just a different type of writing, I guess.

And congrats and good luck, LC.

Last edited:
I have this problem with programming; if I think I find a way around a problem, I have to get up and write the code, no matter the time, and no matter how long it takes to figure it out. It's just a different type of writing, I guess.

Yeah, I had the trouble with management issues. I was working in 24-hour news bureaus overseas and the night shift would do a double take when I came in at 3:00 or 4:00 a.m. to pound out a message for HQ.

Yay, hockey season! And yay, watching the Bruins hang that banner!
And I've been meaning to ask, PL: yea or nay on Jagr with the Flyers?

Judgment is reserved for the moment. I'm still mad about his tenure with the Caps. However, it's been a long time and there's no denying he had tons of talent. I am more concerned, as I always am, about the Flyers' goaltending. We shall see if Bryzgalov can break the Hextall Curse.

I have the game on as well. I love the description of Bryzgalov's "faulty save." It does not bode well, but it was funny.

Judgment is reserved for the moment. I'm still mad about his tenure with the Caps. However, it's been a long time and there's no denying he had tons of talent. I am more concerned, as I always am, about the Flyers' goaltending. We shall see if Bryzgalov can break the Hextall Curse.

I have the game on as well. I love the description of Bryzgalov's "faulty save." It does not bode well, but it was funny.

I must have missed that. The windows are open and two freight trains have gone by since the game started, so I've missed a good bit.

I liked how Pierre should go play for the Yankees... oh, how I wish they were that desperate for talent. :(

Hey all! happy Opening night for hockey !!!

I haven't had a chance to check in with y'all, it's been kind of crazy. Is anyone doing NaNoWriMo next month? I'm curious if it's even worth a shot. I've thought about a follow up football story to submit for it, but of course here mainly. The deadline gives that push to write.

Like hell words will get penned in tonight with a one aforementioned sport playing on the screen ;) Hope you're all writing well today!

Back