LOL!!! Return of Kings admits their "Fat Shaming Week" schtick was utterly USELESS!

LJ_Reloaded

バクスター の
Joined
Apr 3, 2010
Posts
21,217
LOL!!! Return of Kings admits their "Fat Shaming Week" schtick was utterly USELESS!

If you missed it, check out this nonsense... Fat Shaming Week

Well, they kinda admit it was a failure, in a roundabout, chickenshit sort of way.

http://www.returnofkings.com/43584/new-study-claims-that-fat-shaming-doesnt-work

I don’t think “fat shaming” is any different: some people are motivated by this negative encouragement, and take it as a challenge. They start skipping dessert instead of skipping workouts. Other people are put down by it, and actually retreat further into whatever vice or mistake they’re being called out on. They cancel their gym membership and order Papa John’s.

And, when it comes to “fat shaming,” you have to realize that we’re dealing with a particular segment of the population. Obese people are, on average, not going to be champions of life, with sky-high confidence and the propensity to take on any challenge you throw their way. Let’s be honest: most non-obese people don’t even possess those virtues. And for the obese, the poor eating and exercise habits that got them where they are are most likely a direct reflection of a poor inner self image.

Put simply: they’re probably not in a good place mentally if they’re sitting at 30+ percent body fat. For this reason, I have to agree with the sentiments conveyed in the study. “Fat shaming” will most likely not have a positive effect on your average fat person. However, I have to laugh at some of the behaviors they classified as “fat shaming.”For example: “people act as if they think you are not clever”—that’s not because of your belly.

So sure, “fat shaming” may work on some of your buddies who are strong at heart, but just let their diet and exercise slip because of an intense work schedule, but on average it’s probably better to inform and encourage.

Are you crushing life? Develop “alpha male” confidence and charisma in 28 days with my new online bootcamp. Click here for more info.
 
Another family dinner at White Castle again tonight...

...eh, BJ?
 
Back
Top