Decadents and Dropouts IC

Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss was relieved, as she heard Haerdons answer.
"The female vampire still roams the earth. She escaped Haerdons siege and traveled for her own through the lands."


Phyliss sightet . "Thank you Tronfur. Now I know Verialyn is alive. But if you can ask him one more question finally, let us know if Relic is a traitor against us."
 
The Narrator - Haerdon

Haerdon was going to drift back into the reigion of the dead, when he heard the final question, and he croaked the answer.
"Relic is a traitor to Haerdon."
 
Relic

Chuckling to herself, Relic approached the cog, now visible to everyone present. Her words were specifically spoken to Phyliss, but also to everyone who would be within earshot.

"You can bet your sweet reptilian ass I'm a traitor to Haerdon. Some of my more 'enjoyable' work I must admit. Heavy lifting can be tricky though. Did you like your present?"

Holding the reins of her horse, she quickly gave a quick nod to Gryph. Glad to see he had survived the fight with the barbarian and was healing up well. It would have been difficult to explain her innocence if Gryph had of died, and Haerdon had of been free to run a muck.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss had mixed feelings when she sa Relic approaching. First, she was relieved that Haerdon, or rather his corpse, had taken the pressure of her if she should forgive Relic or not. She was even happy that the drow was not a traitor, so she would not have to shoot her. Also it did save some of her nice memories of the earlier part of the trip, that would have been poisoned when Relic would be a traitor. And last, she still thought that at least two women on board would take out some tension between the man. Phyliss sulked a little, but not very earnest, as she answered. "My hair is reptilian, but my ass is all human. Even if some say it is divine." she looked down to Haerdon. "I am sorry that your present didn't last very long, although I really didn't want to break it. Don't take it personal if it goes up in smoke now."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor released the magic and allowed the corpse to fall back down. When he heard Relic's voice, Turnfor turned around and glared at Relic. "What are you doing here?"

Trunfor put his hand on his sword and cleared his mind as he accessed the magic.
 
Gryph

He picked up a large rock...a boulder to some and eyed Trunfor,

"Easy now Trunfor, or do you not trust the word of the dead that you raised?"

He carried the rock over to where the pyre was forming nicely, the strain caused the cut some pain, but nothing he couldn't handle. Soon the pyre was finished, he picked up the body of the barbarian and laid him on the pyre. Usually they would have to hold a wake for seven days, but time was something they didn't have. He laid the claymore on Haerdon and closed Haerdon's fingers over the hilt,

"Go to the Otherworld well armed warrior."

Using his short sword, he used it as a chisel and his fist as a hammer to chisel out the runes that would spell Haerdon's name and to state that he died a warrior. He grimaced at the damage the work did to the blade, he would have to get new weapons when he could. Rummaging through his back pack he pulled out one of the bags of gold coin and arranged the coins around Haerdon.

"He is ready for his journey...well as ready as I can make him. If you want to say something, now would be the time."
 
Phyliss Ovida
Phyliss walked over to Haerdn and kneeled down to him, speaking low.
"I forgive you, Haerdon, and I hope you will forgive me as well. May you travel well." She stood up and moved back.
 
Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

"The dead only knew what Haedron knew. And Haedron may not have know much about Relic. I know a lot about drow. Go to the Underdark and into one for their cities and you'll see what I mean." Trunfor replied.

"The dead said Relic was a traitor to Relic which is obvious since Relic was probably done with him after taking his possessions"
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss strolled back to the board, and stopped by Tronfur as if in a casual way. She put a hand on his arm and whispered into his ear.
"Even if I may regret it, we might give her a chance this time. Hardly any drow could harm us if we stand together." she walked over to the cog and turned around to the others. She would not like to stand in the smelling smoke, if Gryph would light the pyre.
 
Gryph

As it became clear that no more words were going to be said, he focused on the pyre, there was a slight tug and the pyre burst out in white flames. Opening his eyes, Gryph looked at the burning pyre, speaking a brief prayer in the Barbarian tongue, then picked up his backpack, shouldered it and grimaced as he walked up the ramp, there was no more that he could do. The fire would rage as long as there was fuel to feed on and it wouldn't die unless the magic used was more powerful than his own.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor looked away from Phyliss and shook his head at Gryph. "Do you even know what Diety he worshipped? Kossuth? Silvanus? Talos? Uthgar? Jergal? You mght have just givin him an improper burial."

Trunfor looked at Phyliss and Gryph, "I need to know who was at fault. Phyliss, I was under the impression that Haerdon was a murderous killer hnting you for fun. Now I know that he was after you for a wrong that you commited. I might be responsible for letting an innocent man died before me when I could have helped him. Now I have failed and need to atone for my crimes."

Sighing, he spoke in a sad and mornful tone, "I have to find the truth and travel to the Fugue Plane and speak to the god Kelemvor and see Haerdon`s soul. If it has aready been taken by his god then I`ll have to travel to other planes and find him."
 
Gryph

He paused and considered for a while,

"I performed the warrior's burial, let his gods fight over who gets his soul. Who knows he might get reincarnated."

He continued back on to the cog.
 
"There is no... Warrior`s burial and the gods don`t fight over who gets who. You dont know anything about anything consideng the afterlife and the gods. A warriors burial is not one specific type you fool. Tempus demands that his warrior dye in battle with the weapons buried. Talos demands they are burned where that fall. Uthgr demands they be returned to there tribe to be buried. And there is no reincarntion.. what is your brain made of... Rocks?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

"But...how should Gryph now? At least we gave him a burial. You should have told us before if you know how to do this. And for Haerdon... I tell you what has happened. I was in a place with Verialyn, and there were slave hunters after us, some who were specialiced in monsters like me. And the two barbarians came into that tavern, and approached us. We did went out with them, to escape. We were then seperated, and I tried to shake Haerdon of. But he tied me up and hung me down from the ceiling and raped me. At one moment he watched into my eyes and I petrified him and got away. The next time I heard from him was at the estate where I found refuge with Verialyn, Relic and a bit later Gryph as well. Verialyn told me that Haerdon broke into her room at night and was looking for me, but she let him escape. Later he came back with a horde of thugs and raided the place and killed many people, and I could only escape because Gryph saved me from there. There we lost Verialyn out of sight, Relic had dissapeared just before. Finally he found me in that tavern, and you know the rest."
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Looking at Phyliss he spoke hesitantly, "I'm sorry. I was just worried that I could have been responsible for a death. My moral couldn't take it and I would start to take on my true heritage and follow the corruption and evil that resides within me."

He paused, "I guess it's because if Haedron that you are somewhat uncomfortable around me. Your afraid of what I'll do. I understand."

Sighing, Trunfor headed back down below deck and went back to his spellbook. He needed something to take his mind off of what had just happened and using magic was just the thing.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss stood on deck, her snakes waving. All got so much on her nerves, that she nearly broke into tears again, but this time she pulled herself together. The truth was, that she would have feeled ashamed to cry before Relic. The drow had probably never cried and would maybe even laugh at her. Phyliss first thought was to go down below deck and speak with Tronfur; but she decided to wait some time. But she certainly would. Then there was Gryph, and she feeled that there could be conflicts between the two men and maybe she could smooth a thing. And of course, she had to talk with Relic. And then the crew. They had finished the work. She adressed them. "We will sail right on. Prepare to get started." Colin and Skandölf got moving. She turned around to Relic and Gryph.
 
Last edited:
Gryph

He grumbled in response, the sound of course sounded much more like a dragon aiming to blast an opponent into oblivion. Instead he shrugged his backpack from his shoulders and threw it into the corner he had claimed as his own. He mumbled to himself,

"Maybe I should chase him and see what he does with fallen comrades. The gods of the Barbarians are not that picky about remains, they want the soul..."

He scoffed and settled against his backpack, ignoring any other activity.
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Great. Now I have to grumbling, insulted men around. Maybe they should really brawl a little...No, forget that. This would be the worst thing to happen. I will think about something better." she stood on the deck and looked at the shapeshifter. He was sitting upright and was breathing normally, but he was still stunned and did not respond to her questions. But his color and look was better, and his heartbeat and breathing sounded fine. Skandölf hat be setting sail already, and Colin was about the raise the anker and pulling in the plank.
Phyliss looked over to Relic.
"Would you like to come on board?"
 
Gryph

He glanced at Phyliss,

"If there was a problem with the pyre, objections could have been voiced you know before I lit it, but noooo had to be afterwards."

He curled up on his side, head resting comfortably on the backpack,

"Wake me if you need me, I have blood loss to recover from."

It was not all true, he was just tired, but they didn't have to know that, a halfdragon still had his pride.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss walked up to the aft, where Skandölf was already at the wheel. Relic should have enought time to get on board if she decide to. Phyliss was herself angry, and she thought it would feel good to do some screaming and raving, but that would not be very professional for a captain. So she decided just to stay up here and calm down. She would talk with the men later. Suddenly she wished that she could talk to Verialyn. Maybe she should really try to talk with Relic.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor soon forgot his irritation and felt relaxed as he was absorbed in his reading. Trunfor needed to find a way to contact either Kelemvor or Jergal and for that, he'd need a portal to the Fugue Plane.

None of his spell however were able to do that. He'd need help from a cleric.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss was not able to control her emotions and shrieked of anger and kicked against the wood of the oinnocent reiling. Of course Skandölf did notice it, but he was wise enought not to show. Phyliss calmed down a litte. "Allright, Get going. We sail on, if Relic wants on board she has time enough."
Skandölf signaled Colin, and the started to float back on the river, while the pyre was still burning.
 
Relic

Relic watched the pyre burn until the ramp for the cog started to get retracted back onto deck, and chose her opportunity to climb aboard. Having removed all the tack from her horse and shooed it back towards the city as everyone else spoke to one another. The horse was good, and would want to return to a meal of warmed chaff and oats. It would find the stable again, as it usually did.

Everyone seemed to go about their own somber activities and very few gave her a sideways glance. So she quickly went below and found a nice dry and dark corner of the hull to call her own. It was one of the forward holds, and curved up to a point where the front of the ship started. She could assume supplies might be stored here, but none were currently. Or perhaps this was a room put aside in case the hull was breached, and it could stop the water flooding the ship quickly. Either way it suited her fine. Small, dark and quiet.

She put her gear down, and the bedroll that she quickly unraveled. Her eyes working well in the dark, but perhaps a candle or lamp in the future would make it more comfortable. For now she was happy to just keep her distance. If ever she disappeared, this would be where she would be found.

Opening the bag she carried, she took out the 'gifts' that she would present later. Maybe once the tempers calmed down. Somewhere up on deck she heard Phyliss shriek in anger. Not towards Relic though it seemed. Perhaps now would be best to present the gorgon with her present. Maybe.

Carrying her bag up onto the deck, she soon found Phyliss.

"Gryph indicated that showing part of myself, or some such nonsense, would help show I could be trusted. I'm not sure if that's an accurate description of what I'm doing now, but its the best I can put into words. The most difficult part to show is the objects I have taken over the years. But I picked a few, just enough to show I could...but not so much that I would be left broke if you tossed me overboard as a solid chunk of stone. If I survived."

Opening up the bag, she pulled out a neatly folded emerald green cloak. It had gold stitching, and a brooch fastener at the front to tie around the neck. Although it was a standard velvet fabric, it had a very fine silver lace layer over the top. It had been the ogres prize once, but was relatively unharmed, and clean.

There was also a pair of shoes that Relic placed on top of the cloak, they were black leather boots of exquisite design, with a solid bone heel. Suitable for running in and day to day wear. She hoped they would fit. Inside they had a fur layer, to keep the feet warm. A double strap wound its way up around the shoe to keep them on tight.

"I know they are stolen goods, but you won't meet the person these were from, as I took them over thirty years ago."
 
Back
Top