The Birth of Horny Town U.S.A.

Summary in progress Part VI -- from posts 201 through 240

eek! reality! get it off me!
I think with the college in town there is an opportunity for an independent bookseller.
<+ business and character sketch>

<character sketch + interactions/coordination>

Lester is going to buy a house out on Slippery Dick Road, above the River. ...

...Slippery Dick sounds to me like the name of a (locally) notorious ne'er-do'well in the city's past.

...there is a boulder with a small bronze plaque attached ...

Slippery Dick Road was named for Richard Horner, cousin of the Founder, who after several tries at industry, found a job with Wilson's Lard and Offal as a lard salesman.

^^ thus is born a notorious street in Horner Springs. :D

Delta Lambda Phi, a fraternity started by gay men for all men. ...

<thoughts on fraternities>

On researching further, i find that there is an attempt to create a lesbain sorority-- Alpha Chi Upsilon. ...
<thought on sororities>

<08-31-2010>The real map has been sent out. Send me a PM with your address if you'd like a copy of your very own.

I hadn't realized Futter Finishing school was across the river, from the Military School? Hmmm

Thanks glynndah. :rose:

Some elements fixed by the first iteration of a map. Not the current revision and no longer available from glynndah.

<thoughts on Greek houses at Futter U.>

<thoughts on Greek houses at Futter U.>

^^ I believe the question of fraternities and sororities was resolved as unlikely -- very small and unofficial if they exist.

<begin the long fallow period with only Jack's lonely voice talking to drainpipes? :p

//
As Lester sat at the counter of the Horny Springs Diner, ...

<Extended story fragments: Worth reading>

<more story fragments>

<plottin and airpot/airbase details>

Wyoming is too far east.
<town location recap>

The idea languished for several months except for Jackluis's valiant attempts at resuscitation.

This is the latest Map revision everything since is map discussions with a few character sketches thrown in.

No new news on the capability to post as a multi-author universe, so the old chain story format is still the method: Title to begin "Hornytown: <your story's title>" with a "brief history of Horner Springs" intro suggested by Litfan.

Last edited:
Good summary WH.

I have the first Chapter of "Horny Town: Who screws the Postman?" ready.

Chap 2-3-4 at ~70% and a whole Plot. I'll be writing the sexy parts of 2-3-4 this week and hope to get them into editing perhaps next week. I wanted to have it mostly done before I started publishing another "unending fuck story" like my "Spreading Seeds" tale.
I chose to write about the 'little people" other than mentioning the Mayor and a few bridging characters, I carved out my own, trying to follow the thread outlines, so as not to step on anyone else's story lines.

I never heard from Laurel about the way to make it a 'special' serial.

litfan, are you going to start it off?

Last edited:
I had rather hoped for a recent map of HS, but I guess Irezumi is busy. I need it as a separate file (an e-mail attachment).
The airfield is started.

Now, where's the Hospital or Medical centre?
I propose it being on North Boulevard above the Bank.

I had rather hoped for a recent map of HS, but I guess Irezumi is busy. I need it as a separate file (an e-mail attachment).
The airfield is started.

Now, where's the Hospital or Medical centre?
I propose it being on North Boulevard above the Bank.

You can put then there, but why get so precise? I mean this is imagination not engineering.

My stories and characters are going to take more than one chapter and I was wondering how to make #3 of the Postman, fit when it will end up being #5 in the series. If others actually write it could end up being like #10 in the "Greater' story?
I guess it doesn't matter except for someone getting them out of sequence. <Sigh> I guess an authors note to specify the needed sequence would allow me to write without having each segment recap the characters/actions etc?

I begin to foresee a problem in my writing.
I need physical boundaries in which to put characters and I don't know why.
I have reasons for the Hospital being on North bvd., and a Hotel above Horner Mansions (the latter makes it easier for others to play in the main arena).
Now, will someone explain American Banking in a small place for me?

I begin to foresee a problem in my writing.
I need physical boundaries in which to put characters and I don't know why.
I have reasons for the Hospital being on North bvd., and a Hotel above Horner Mansions (the latter makes it easier for others to play in the main arena).
Now, will someone explain American Banking in a small place for me?
Modern electronic banking, or banking as it was in the old west -- or even a few years ago.

Modern electronic banking in a small town is little different than banking with Barclays in London. There will be a brick and mortar bank building with a vault and a few (100-200) safe-deposit boxes with six to eight tellers and a pair of middle management types. the majority of everyday business inside will be business customers needing rolled coins or depositing loose coins. Ordinary, non-business customers and many business customers will do most of their business through the ATM and/or EFT -- like direct deposit of paychecks.

Any serious problems will be directed to a phone bank or web-page for centralized middle and upper management types to deal with.

Modern electronic banking, or banking as it was in the old west -- or even a few years ago.

Modern electronic banking in a small town is little different than banking with Barclays in London. There will be a brick and mortar bank building with a vault and a few (100-200) safe-deposit boxes with six to eight tellers and a pair of middle management types. the majority of everyday business inside will be business customers needing rolled coins or depositing loose coins. Ordinary, non-business customers and many business customers will do most of their business through the ATM and/or EFT -- like direct deposit of paychecks.

Any serious problems will be directed to a phone bank or web-page for centralized middle and upper management types to deal with.

So how will my character get his pay?
It will be on a long line from London (probably). Would it be paid into his local account ? [btw, How does he do "external" business ]

So how will my character get his pay?
It will be on a long line from London (probably). Would it be paid into his local account ? [btw, How does he do "external" business ]

If his 'business' is legal, and he gets his pay from England, thru his English bank account.
If his local business is shady, I suggest a Trench coat, a dark alley and cash.

The Merchant and Stockman's Bank, welcomes new customers.

If his 'business' is legal, and he gets his pay from England, thru his English bank account.
If his local business is shady, I suggest a Trench coat, a dark alley and cash.

The Merchant and Stockman's Bank, welcomes new customers.

Oh his business is very legal (indirectly, he works for Uncle Sam).
I didn't know there were any dark alleys in HS !

But if the M&S Bank can handle my characters' accounts that's fine by me. Now then, where is it ?
I have found Horner Springs Bank (I gotta name that road leading into Lost Horses Way).

Last edited:
Is an "Alien", as in a foreign citizen, permitted to own a firearm in Horner Springs?

What gun control measures are in place (Licence, etc).

How will you keep authors writing about the same location or characters from accidentally contradicting each other?

Hell when it's ust one author they can contradict themselves. I read a few series where ages vary wildly, hen characters meet changes from book to book, and more. Hell in 3 Musleteers by AleXander Dumas Dartainign becomes a Musketeer twice. If the pros can't keep their shit straigh why should we.

Is an "Alien", as in a foreign citizen, permitted to own a firearm in Horner Springs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law_in_the_United_States#Prohibited_persons

"Non-US citizens, unless permanently immigrating into the U.S. or in possession of a hunting license legally issued in the U.S."

That should not be considered a bar to your character carrying a gun or reason for the local law enforcement to chastise him for being armed. It didn't stop Ian Fleming from arming 007 on his many visits to US territory. :p

In actual practice, there are legal ways for non-US citizens to carry a firearm on US soil; starting with diplomatic immunity down to the totally fictional "Federal Concealed Carry Licence." Since your character "sort of works for the US government" some sort of of Identification equivalent to a "Law Enforcement Officer" would suffice.

What kind of gun? A Glock, PPKs, or a 1911a1. Why does he need a gun?

Probably best if he buys the gun off the street, to make it disposable?

If the US Govt want him to carry a gun, they will issue him one. S&W .40 cal. most likely.

Type of weapon immaterial at present, but he is in real fear for his life and is working in HS "to keep out of the way". Is there a special licence for "personal protection" ?

Type of weapon immaterial at present, but he is in real fear for his life and is working in HS "to keep out of the way". Is there a special licence for "personal protection" ?
No. There is no distinction in concealed carry permits to show why they were issued.

Is it really necessary to your story that the reader know anything beyond the fact he has a gun and fears for his life? Unless he carries a gun legally through his work connections, he's going to be carrying it illegally in the US.

Thanks for the information, Harold.
If my story ever does make it onto the board (and I fervently hope it does), I'd rather not have a load of feedback pointing out how factually wrong I was in something - just yet, anyway.
Writing has taken a bit of a back seat presently; Radiotherapy can be quite distracting.

Okay folks, I going to publish tonight the first Chapter of "Horny Springs: Taking It Easy."
I put in a forward:
Horner Springs:
Authors note: Horner Springs is a collective concept as discussed in thread “The Birth of Horny Town U.S.A” thread started by litfan10 in the Authors’ Hangout forum. Authors who add to this will pay at least lip service to the other Author’s creations and may share characters. My contribution is part of a series of stories that will use your feedback to advance or reduce a character, depending upon how you, the readers respond. Tell me what you think.
JackLuis

And a trailer to the next of my Stories.
Soon to come:

Horny Springs “The Policeman’s Progress”

Look for it on Literotica!

I'm calling it a "Romance", because the chapter is more setup than juicy.

Last edited:
I also put up Horny Springs: The Policeman's Progress.

I found that it may be hard to fit our titles in when we used the Horny Springs "prefix"

We shall see how Lauren handles the Serial, with two chapters up.

Come on litfan10, You started this last summer.

"If you write it they will come!" Should be the Motto of the AH.:D

I just wanted to apologize to everyone in the "Horny Town Writers' Community" here. Had to deal with some annoying and distractive real-life ish last month and couldn't put my good mind into getting erotically creative as I'd wanted to.

I'll be getting back into the mix this weekend. I'll review what everyone's been throwing down and do the revisions to the map as per suggestions and particulars. Nice to see it's keeping alive.

*genuflects profusely in humble contrition due to dereliction of duties*

seated%20bow1.gif

Question: Didn't some one say that they had a story about a Chinese Restaurant (or owner) called "Lo Fat's"?

Back