Crafty Litsters show your work!

My latest commistion piece. :)

I've never done the lace on the sleeves before. I rather like how it turned out.

This is a boy's costume for a todler size 1t, but my dummy is 6months so it looks like a girl's piece.
When you say costume, is it intended for some special event? It looks very classy and well done, by the way, with intricate stitching.

When you say costume, is it intended for some special event? It looks very classy and well done, by the way, with intricate stitching.

I usually refur to this as a "Henry VIII". It's a ren piece, and based from my favorite era to work in. :)

And thanks. :) I really like how this turned out.

This is a wedding gift I gave to my father. It's about 4 feet long, and knit in three colors.

(How do I get the picture to show?)

Attachments

• wedding bolster.jpg
    wedding bolster.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
This is a wedding gift I gave to my father. It's about 4 feet long, and knit in three colors.

Wow, that's pretty cool looking. Do you have a closer picture of it, to show detail?

Oh, if you upload the pic, I don't think you can make it so you see the image in the post. I think it's only when you add a link from another site that you can see the image in your post. I could be wrong, but I think that's the situation.

If you were to upload the picture to a site like photobucket or something similar, then you should be able to link it and also make it show in your post.

Wow, that's pretty cool looking. Do you have a closer picture of it, to show detail?

Thanks, DVS. Every time I resize the photos to make them meet lit's requirements they get smaller and smaller . . .

Attachments

• wedding bolster detail.jpg
    wedding bolster detail.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 97

Intarsia? Yet another reason I wish I could knit! You really can't do this with tapestry crochet.

Thanks, DVS. Every time I resize the photos to make them meet lit's requirements they get smaller and smaller . . .
My grandmother could knit like that. We always got these Bill Cosby like sweaters for Christmas when we were kids. They were beautifully done, but not something a cool kid like myself would wear.:rolleyes: But, they were warm, that's for sure.

My mother could knit very well, but she didn't seem to have the time. She ended up purchasing a ceramics shop and got her creative release that way. My sisters tried knitting, and although they weren't too bad at it, they lost interest. So the real talent died with my grandmother.

I could never do something like this. I'd get down to the end and notice I'd messed up a spot several inches back, get frustrated and quit. Sewing like wenchie does and knitting like you do...that takes some time and patience as well as accuracy. And the final product shows your talent.

I understand what you mean about the file size for Lit uploads. But you did fine with what you resized. It shows the detail very nicely.

My grandmother could knit like that. We always got these Bill Cosby like sweaters for Christmas when we were kids. They were beautifully done, but not something a cool kid like myself would wear.:rolleyes: But, they were warm, that's for sure.

My mother could knit very well, but she didn't seem to have the time. She ended up purchasing a ceramics shop and got her creative release that way. My sisters tried knitting, and although they weren't too bad at it, they lost interest. So the real talent died with my grandmother.

I could never do something like this. I'd get down to the end and notice I'd messed up a spot several inches back, get frustrated and quit. Sewing like wenchie does and knitting like you do...that takes some time and patience as well as accuracy. And the final product shows your talent.

Yeah, even though there's been an upsurge in knitting popularity, it still isn't that cool. I have done solid color lace or texture patterns for things people might want to wear. But mostly I make decorative stuff, which I think of as painting in yarn.

I had to take this apart many times over to correct mistakes. But it gives an outlet for my most compulsive side, and kept me busy while my kids did their homework or I sat through their lessons. I also embrace an idea that I heard - that the gods are upset if a piece has no flaws. I always leave in a few mistakes, and comfort myself with the idea that I haven't upset anyone.

Intarsia? Yet another reason I wish I could knit! You really can't do this with tapestry crochet.

Believe it or not this is just a straight knit stitch, carrying the colors along. It is so simple, I could show you how to do it if you ever come to NYC. :)

I don't really have the hang of intarsia - I keep ending up with awkward holes.

Couple of finished projects. The scarf is for my sister and the bunny blanket buddy for my niece's first birthday. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures.

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00018.jpg

Couple of finished projects. The scarf is for my sister and the bunny blanket buddy for my niece's first birthday. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures.

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00018.jpg
I particularly like the bunny blanket. I can see it being very cuddly to a baby. The floppy ears are nice.

Last edited:
I FINISHED MY ALIEN TRIPODS EMBROIDERY OMG OMG OMG! Literally minutes ago. I AM SO THRILLED WITH MYSELF. I don't even remember when I started this, but I'm guessing something like April-ish? Here are some photos!

Alien Tripods Embroidery in its entirety: http://twitpic.com/h7wkv
Close-up 1: http://twitpic.com/h7wq1
Close-up 2: http://twitpic.com/h7wwc
Close-up 3: http://twitpic.com/h7x1a

I know the photo quality is pretty damn shitty, but you get the idea. I couldn't wait to take the photos with my real camera and then wait to upload them so I just took photos of them with my computers built in camera because I couldn't wait to show EVERYONE RIGHT AWAY.

Last edited:

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00018.jpg

The bunny blanket is super adorable!! It looks so warm and soft.

I'm lame and haven't done much with my leatherwork in the last 3 years --- since I moved back to Sacramento --- so I'm posting some old stuff that I put in the hobby thread.

Bookmark (unstained)

ry%3D400

Practice on scrap leather

ry%3D400

First project

ry%3D400

Purse

ry%3D400

The light shining on the finish makes the detail hard to see in the photos I took so here's a detail of the un-stained applique

ry%3D400

This was one of those happy creative accidents. I had a pattern for the flower -- I don't draw, so I have to replicate other's patterns --- but it was only the one flower facing the one direction and I wanted two facing each other so I just reversed the design and copied it on the other side. And low and behold they form a longhorn steer in the negative space. I was thrilled!!

I'm lame and haven't done much with my leatherwork in the last 3 years --- since I moved back to Sacramento --- so I'm posting some old stuff that I put in the hobby thread.

Bookmark (unstained)

ry%3D400

Practice on scrap leather

ry%3D400

First project

ry%3D400

Purse

ry%3D400

The light shining on the finish makes the detail hard to see in the photos I took so here's a detail of the un-stained applique

ry%3D400

This was one of those happy creative accidents. I had a pattern for the flower -- I don't draw, so I have to replicate other's patterns --- but it was only the one flower facing the one direction and I wanted two facing each other so I just reversed the design and copied it on the other side. And low and behold they form a longhorn steer in the negative space. I was thrilled!!

Those are super cool! There was a while when I thought leatherwork was something I could get into. Unfortunately, leather workin' tools are harder to carry around than a piece of cloth and some thread.

I'm working on this costume. Dress "A". But I'm having a creative issue.

The pattern calls for those neat little sleeves to be buttoned, but I'm wondering if I might want to do grommets instead. I think it might look cute with bows tied at the wrists. But I'm not completely sold on either idea.

Opinions welcome and most humbly requested.

I'm still at the cutting stage so I have at the very least a few days to think about this. I'm also torn between two colors of sleeves, so when I get to that stage I'll probably ask for opinions on that as well.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Those are super cool! There was a while when I thought leatherwork was something I could get into. Unfortunately, leather workin' tools are harder to carry around than a piece of cloth and some thread.

Yeah, it's not a very mobile craft --- but it's the only one I've ever been any good at or able to stick with. It's incredibly forgiving and I get to handle and smell leather all the time. I love it.

I'm working on this costume. Dress "A". But I'm having a creative issue.

The pattern calls for those neat little sleeves to be buttoned, but I'm wondering if I might want to do grommets instead. I think it might look cute with bows tied at the wrists. But I'm not completely sold on either idea.

Opinions welcome and most humbly requested.

I'm still at the cutting stage so I have at the very least a few days to think about this. I'm also torn between two colors of sleeves, so when I get to that stage I'll probably ask for opinions on that as well.

Many thanks.
I love the idea of a little corset-y lacing at the wrist. Not for cinching, just back and forth lacing, you know? I think it would look great!

well it's coming along. bumroll just needs stuffed. I have to buy some more pipe to finish the farthingale, but then it will be finished. the bodice lining is all boned and the front of the bodice is trimmed. :) Not bad for a day's work.

I wanna finish the bodice, maybe cut out the sleeves tonight, of course I won't be able to decide on sleeves until I have the underskirt finished. so maybe not.

I'm so excited, I'm starting to see it. :D

Back