Cowriters.

Threecats407

Virgin
I love writing taboo but have found that doing it solo get's kind of boring. My best works have been done as a shared story with another. I have had some that have gone to hundreds of pages.

I have also had many failed attempts. Usually it's because of a total lack of skills on the others part or a lack of interest. It takes some time to come up with a general theme but I can tell you, when you find a partner that you mesh with it's an unreal experience in writing. One of the biggest joys is you begin to know where the other is leading you when they add their portion.

In the past I have co written stories where a year later I can have a hard time knowing where we handed it off to the other. The average reader would never have a clue it was written by taking turns with two people.

Just throwing it out there. Love to find a partner again one day.

I love writing taboo but have found that doing it solo get's kind of boring. My best works have been done as a shared story with another. I have had some that have gone to hundreds of pages.

I have also had many failed attempts. Usually it's because of a total lack of skills on the others part or a lack of interest. It takes some time to come up with a general theme but I can tell you, when you find a partner that you mesh with it's an unreal experience in writing. One of the biggest joys is you begin to know where the other is leading you when they add their portion.

In the past I have co written stories where a year later I can have a hard time knowing where we handed it off to the other. The average reader would never have a clue it was written by taking turns with two people.

Just throwing it out there. Love to find a partner again one day.
I can't see myself doing a story like that. I want the the basic plot worked out before I write the first word. I'm pretty happy to incorporate suggestions from beta-readers into my stories. My next story incorporates many, many ideas from one beta-reader. But it's still my story and I completely control what goes into it.

I wouldn't mind finding a partner, but it'd be me providing the plot and the other person doing all the writing.

I've definitely thought about it. There's one story I'm working on now w/another writer. It's been difficult for both of us, and we're having a lot of fun doing it. A big challenge as neither of us are used to collaborating w/someone else. Of course there's the typical arguing and disagreements about how certain things should be done and the unexpected issues we come across as we tackle them from different POVs - But that's kind of the whole idea behind this story we're working on.

Not sexual in nature, though erotica is a large part of it, so far it's longer than we intended and we're trying to end it as a stand alone w/out cramping each other's style. Myself and this other writer are complete opposites in almost every way, but we're determined to finish it.Sometimes, one or both of us has to walk away and come back to it.

I've definitely thought about it. There's one story I'm working on now w/another writer. It's been difficult for both of us, and we're having a lot of fun doing it. A big challenge as neither of us are used to collaborating w/someone else. Of course there's the typical arguing and disagreements about how certain things should be done and the unexpected issues we come across as we tackle them from different POVs - But that's kind of the whole idea behind this story we're working on.

Not sexual in nature, though erotica is a large part of it, so far it's longer than we intended and we're trying to end it as a stand alone w/out cramping each other's style. Myself and this other writer are complete opposites in almost every way, but we're determined to finish it.Sometimes, one or both of us has to walk away and come back to it.

I have been lucky enough to have had a few really great partners. Very like minded. It's never been a speed contest with any of my/our works. Usually it will take days before either of us added on a few pages. Big problem was too many envisioned this as some ongoing sex chat. It was not.

I've had some interesting stories result from 1-on-1 role plays. We've let the story develop, and then edited and re-wrote to turn it into a seamless two-voice tale. In co-writing, one often tries to sync the voices into a single narrative.

I've had some interesting stories result from 1-on-1 role plays. We've let the story develop, and then edited and re-wrote to turn it into a seamless two-voice tale. In co-writing, one often tries to sync the voices into a single narrative.

Interesting. I think though that the apex off a co written story is if a reader never knew it was written by two unless told. The ones I have done are not really written by different viewpoints. We both take on the role of any and all future characters.

Interesting. I think though that the apex off a co written story is if a reader never knew it was written by two unless told. The ones I have done are not really written by different viewpoints. We both take on the role of any and all future characters.

I'm sure you can work it that way. Call me Bakhtinian, but I just enjoy a polyphonic story, and how better to do it than by having more than one author construct (or deconstruct) it.

I'm probably never going to write something with a co-writer. I'm an intuitive kind of writer, so I generally don't know how my story goes. The times I actually write an outline, I end up rewriting it after finishing a chapter, because I can literally throw it out of the window.
For a (non-erotic) short story I actually ended up with a different protagonist than I initially intended ...
So, a co-writer would probably tire of me pretty quickly :D

Back