Kink and Mood

honeybee_345

Really Experienced
This is not a thread for diagnosis, medication talk, therapy (clinical or not), or mental health "suggestions". This thread is soley for support. It's for individuals to step out of their closet, tell their story if they are so inclined and say I'm here and I support you.

I've had issues with mood swings coinciding with kink sex. I get manic/excited for play and then depressed/down when play has ended (particularly if it is not satisfying). I have been in a dry spell for months. I finally met a partner and noticed I had mood swings that coincided with our sex life.

To anyone who is going through a similar situation: I exist. I'm here. I support you.

Lit monitors: I hope I am not overstepping any boundaries with this post as I understand the sensitivities of these topics. Please accept my sincerest apologies if I do.

With love,
honeybee_345

Have you ever done any research into aftercare? I've read from a lot of other people who have this experience too. There are ways to mitigate it and lessen its impact, as well as ways to just help you through it. It's different for everyone, but if you aren't familiar with aftercare I suggest you do some searching. There are a lot of suggestions out there.

Have you ever done any research into aftercare? I've read from a lot of other people who have this experience too. There are ways to mitigate it and lessen its impact, as well as ways to just help you through it. It's different for everyone, but if you aren't familiar with aftercare I suggest you do some searching. There are a lot of suggestions out there.

Thanks for the reminder. I've done lots of research on play but have neglected to look into aftercare. I'm sure I will find several sites online but if you have any that were of particular help to you, I'd love to have the link. Feel free to inbox it to me.

Thanks again,
honeybee_345

Thanks for the reminder. I've done lots of research on play but have neglected to look into aftercare. I'm sure I will find several sites online but if you have any that were of particular help to you, I'd love to have the link. Feel free to inbox it to me.

Thanks again,
honeybee_345

I don't have any links because I tend to hoard information into my head, and read, and read, and read. Most of what I've read is from the experiences of others.

Some say chocolate can help level things out, or something with a little sugar (+protein if you're blood sugar sensitive). I've only needed it once, and I just shivered for 5-10 minutes afterwards under a blanket while we talked. Other people like to be touched and cuddled, while some need space to just lay on their own and adjust. Still other people need to get themselves up right away and start putting things away and doing simple tasks to set themselves to rights again.

I've also read of people experiencing drops the day after, two days after, within the week after. A lot of talk with their partners seems to help big time, as well as just knowing it's going to happen and taking care of themselves in the days after. Some people find exercise to help.

Most of the time it seems to be a sort of come-down from experiencing the endorphins and that big high of play. For some its psychological where they start doubting themselves, and feeling guilty, and talk and time and experience seems to help with that. The rest though I think is physiological, and it's just about finding what helps your body balance itself out quicker.

I don't have any links because I tend to hoard information into my head, and read, and read, and read. Most of what I've read is from the experiences of others.

Some say chocolate can help level things out, or something with a little sugar (+protein if you're blood sugar sensitive). I've only needed it once, and I just shivered for 5-10 minutes afterwards under a blanket while we talked. Other people like to be touched and cuddled, while some need space to just lay on their own and adjust. Still other people need to get themselves up right away and start putting things away and doing simple tasks to set themselves to rights again.

I've also read of people experiencing drops the day after, two days after, within the week after. A lot of talk with their partners seems to help big time, as well as just knowing it's going to happen and taking care of themselves in the days after. Some people find exercise to help.

Most of the time it seems to be a sort of come-down from experiencing the endorphins and that big high of play. For some its psychological where they start doubting themselves, and feeling guilty, and talk and time and experience seems to help with that. The rest though I think is physiological, and it's just about finding what helps your body balance itself out quicker.

Thanks for the response and note about exercise. It reminds me of a runners high so that makes sense to me.

Back