Looking for a beta reader; Nonconsent/Transsexual

Sensitiveguy708

Experienced
Looking for a beta reader for currently incomplete story;

46,264 word count (likely includes spaces) roughly 103 pages.

General theme is nonconsent/reluctance and forced transgenderism.

Just looking for basic criticism in how the story flows. I need to know if it's dragging or too rushed in some spots. Also looking for suggestions for subplots for specific chapters.

Written in google docs. PM me if you're intrigued.

I see I'm getting a lot of page views but nobody seems to be intrigued enough to respond. So perhaps I should post more information regarding the story.

Basic premise is that man named Derek forces his male roommate Ford to dress up a girl for halloween costume party for a chance to win money, for which Ford owes Derek several months of rent money. Derek sends him to his female friend Gigi who owns a salon, in which she gives him a very extensive makeover and sissy training. He's reluctant to follow through until she makes him realize that his life as a girl would be more fulfilling. He accepts his training, but with a false notion that this is all temporary and just for halloween or at least until he pays Derek back all the money he owes.

The big finish is the Halloween party which is full of explicit shock & awe.

Right now I'm more than halfway through it, with about 3 or 4 chapters left.

Again if this remotely intrigues you, let me know.

I see I'm getting a lot of page views but nobody seems to be intrigued enough to respond. So perhaps I should post more information regarding the story.

Basic premise is that man named Derek forces his male roommate Ford to dress up a girl for halloween costume party for a chance to win money, for which Ford owes Derek several months of rent money. Derek sends him to his female friend Gigi who owns a salon, in which she gives him a very extensive makeover and sissy training. He's reluctant to follow through until she makes him realize that his life as a girl would be more fulfilling. He accepts his training, but with a false notion that this is all temporary and just for halloween or at least until he pays Derek back all the money he owes.

The big finish is the Halloween party which is full of explicit shock & awe.

Right now I'm more than halfway through it, with about 3 or 4 chapters left.

Again if this remotely intrigues you, let me know.

It's probably an issue of editorial preferences. Personally, I'm not a fan of non-consensual themes, and I tend to stick to straight M-F stories. And VE's aren't just falling out of trees around here. :)

Good luck!

Beta reading is a fool's errand, and I stopped wasting my time doing it.

What do you think a "beta reader" does?

How is it different, in your mind, from editing?
Do you mean "proofreader", as in "correct my misspellings but don't tell me my sentence and paragraph organization needs work?"
Don

Do you mean "proofreader", as in "correct my misspellings but don't tell me my sentence and paragraph organization needs work?"
Don

A beta reader would read mainly for content and would make only limited suggestions on the technicals. That's primarily because the reason they are called beta readers is that they aren't claiming to have editorial credentials. There's training involved in being an editor (college degrees even). You don't just self-anoint yourself as an editor and become one. A beta reader is acknowledging being another set of eyes to review the work, not an editor. And having another set of eyes looking at it is a valuable service.

Proofreading is commonly misunderstood. In publishing terms, it is comparing a new (live) version of a work word-for-word with an old (dead) version of the work and just noting where there are discrepancies. A proofreader isn't an editor.

Don
Right now I'm just looking for someone to read what I got so far and give me their constructive criticisms about how the story flowed and which parts were good and which were bad. Any advice to make the story better.

I'm not looking for proofreader, or editing.

I volunteer.
Don

Be sure to turn on Private Messages.
* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

If would be nice if, in the systems updates coming, they switched this PM thing--have PMs automatically on rather than off, with the change being to turn them off.

Lynn: thanks for that. My PM was switched off!
Many people are not aware that off is the default setting. :)

If would be nice if, in the systems updates coming, they switched this PM thing--have PMs automatically on rather than off, with the change being to turn them off.

I wondered about the same thing.

ETA: I'll check with Laurel.

Last edited:
Care you explain yourself?

The writers I read get curious about me, and after they digest enough of my forum posts get the idea they oughta fuck with me about my politics....I'm a fascist and racist and homophobe and misanthrope. They wouldn't dream of twisting my tail were I gay or muslim or illegal. And since so many cant resist the temptation to mix the one with the other, I don't beta read and invite the nonsense.

The writers I read get curious about me, and after they digest enough of my forum posts get the idea they oughta fuck with me about my politics....I'm a fascist and racist and homophobe and misanthrope. They wouldn't dream of twisting my tail were I gay or muslim or illegal. And since so many cant resist the temptation to mix the one with the other, I don't beta read and invite the nonsense.
Well if you can't constructively criticize without injecting your own personal views then I'd say the problem might be you. So I am not going to dismiss beta as fool's errand because you can't get along with the writer.

And before you respond, yes it's entirely possible to give analysis without effecting your personal views.

Well if you can't constructively criticize without injecting your own personal views then I'd say the problem might be you. So I am not going to dismiss beta as fool's errand because you can't get along with the writer.

And before you respond, yes it's entirely possible to give analysis without effecting your personal views.

Dear Writer,

Re-read my post. I alleged how the noob writer finds my forum posts and uses them as an excuse to harass me. You may wanna define CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. For most it means DONT HURT MY FEELINGS. Many demand 5 stars because theyre fragile and delicate lil flowers.

It's probably an issue of editorial preferences. Personally, I'm not a fan of non-consensual themes, and I tend to stick to straight M-F stories. And VE's aren't just falling out of trees around here. :)

Good luck!

I'm over noobs with chips on their shoulders. if they want feedback they need to eat a bowl of THE RIGHT STUFF before they come here.

Another possible outcome is someone not knowing what the hell they are talking about in how to write but wanting to show themselves as some sort of writing guru dishing misinformation and leading the writer down a slippery slope.

Back