Naoko's news, views and shoes thread

What you need to wrap the perfect gift. Several hundred feet of rope., what else. :devil:

Naoko! Always a pleasure to see you. Making ends meet is always a hard job. It is good to see that things are finally shaping up.

:rose::kiss:
 
Hello Naoko, Long time no hear. I hang out on the Politics forum blasting the Lumpy Dumpling, or as this week, Felonious Trump. :D

Glad to hear that the Uni is shaping up, a bit.

Merry Christmas!:)
 
Hi Naomi and all the good people of this thread :kiss:

Thanks for updates N, though I'm no clearer about how many jobs you have and ,it seems, neither are you! I am home-home at last: single this year, which is good because I don't have to agonise over the meaningful present but there will be no under-the-duvet fun either, but then that's what AA's are for.
I do have to attend a community-fund-raising-carol-and-mince-pies thing tomorrow, where I'll be asked all the usual questions and dead-named, but I've found a quick wave of an imaginary wand and a "Christmas Blessing to All" works well with my #3 fixed smile and tilt of sympathy head.

Then we can get down to some serious loafing in PJs for most of an entire week and using up the most welcome bath-bombs in one go - well, it's just some ant-acids and bits of dead flower that are kinda underwhelming on their own. There are some diy things Mum has lined up, which includes steaming off a room covered in.... chip-paper :eek: UK residents will know this product: think porridge glued to plain paper and usually painted something gross like Damson Pink. There is Expensive Wallpaper to replace it. Our walls suffer from something like cellulite so, like any exposed slab of flesh, disguise is mandatory and the new stuff comes from France. I like wall-papering because I'm good at it. Moi?

Oh and the Day itself? It will be the usual visit to gruncle and family, though there will be sproutlings to adore and make a fuss over.

I wish you all health and happiness for the coming year :rose::kiss::rose:
Sticks
 
Happy New Year!

A little late - like fifteen years after negotiations were begun, we have got our permanent contracts

:cathappy::nana::catroar::nana::cathappy:

There was a vote by union members. Some of the lecturers said, Why them, it's not fair, we should all get a vote, and kept on saying it in spite of having labour negotiation law explained to them several times :rolleyes:

I was terrified the other members would do something mad, but the result came in today at 93.4% for the contract offered :heart: When I read the email, I cried!

So I am out now in my favourite cocktail bar. I have not been for a long time, as I was skint for a while - I got paid today, and came out to see my friend the Burlesque doyenne's presentation on her new show, it was jolly good. Now I'm here having a Bellini, cuz I have earnt it. I raise my glass to all of you, who were there for me through some tough times :rose:
 
Triffic news Na - and mostly down to your persistence. :rose:
Now can you do the same for the US govt shutdown?
 
Great news!

Does that mean we'll be seeing your smiling face a lot more often? You have been missed greatly. Come by the coffee shop and I'll buy you your first cuppa.

:rose: :kiss: :heart:
 
Congratulations, Naoko.

Now all you need is some more reasonable contracts (and a management that listens!).
 
Extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely happy for you!!!!!

You’ve deserved it since... well... forever!

:rose: :rose: :rose:
:rose: :rose: :rose:
:rose: :rose: :rose:
 
Hallo, all.

Sorry I haven't dropped in for a while - life has been rather shit. I moved back to Mid Wales with great hopes, which last year went blip. I left all my friends behind and my health problems have meant I haven't made any new, close friendships here, though plenty of acquaintances.

I'm now living in my late mother's place which is up for sale, and has been since before she died. My sisters want to sell, which will leave me homeless as my part of the proceeds won't buy anywhere disability and dog friendly. I gave up my place in London under their encouragement, and am feeling a little...on edge.

I can appreciate all the family trials - after putting up with their behaviour for the last couple of years, I am no longer in contact with my sisters. Long story, but to constantly having to thank people, put up with all their bad moods, have people uninvited in your personal space, and having them take things from you without asking got too much for me.

I am the messy, ungrateful, selfish, rude, antisocial one. And I feel better for it!

I do hope everyone else is doing better than here.
 
Regarding losing parents, I read this recently and it rung a chord.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...-what-i-learned-from-becoming-an-orphan-at-25

I don't know if it does with anyone else.
Though my father is apparently still alive, we have been estranged for nearly thirty years and I consider myself alone apart from the dogs (which were my mother's). I have no one on whom I can rely to be there for me. And vice versa.
 
Good Luck, Red.
:rose:

Thank you. I really want to resurrect my writing career, but I don't have anyone to guide me or hit ideas off so I don't know where to start and just get paralysed with indecision.

If you can suggest a great marketing resource for publishing novels, please let me know!

Glad you enjoyed the rugby. England are looking strong. I hope Wales will pull it together for a good match in two weeks' time.
 
Hoping that Naoko will drop in now the rugby's over.

I couldn't watch it live - it's too stressful for me!
 
Rugby is over? Was it merciful? Rugby news rarely makes it up here to the mountains. BTW does rugby have hooligans like futbol/soccer?

Six Nations is over - Wales got the Grand Slam. 😃

The club season continues, then we have the Rugby World Cup in the autumn.

On the whole, rugby fans are very well behaved considering how much alcohol is usually involved. Not perfect, but before and after the game, they mix quite amicably with the opposition.
 
Six Nations is over - Wales got the Grand Slam. 😃

The club season continues, then we have the Rugby World Cup in the autumn.

On the whole, rugby fans are very well behaved considering how much alcohol is usually involved. Not perfect, but before and after the game, they mix quite amicably with the opposition.

My congratulations to Wales!
 
Back
Top