More knife murders than assault weapons

I'm not talking about total crimes - the chart I linked to was per 100,000 for homicides.

So I assuming you're talking about the chart you embedded. Are you seriously telling me that that the reason the US isn't on there is because your proportion of crime isn't high enough? You don't think that it's a freaky coincidence that all the countries listed (with the very weird exception of SA) are in Europe? And none of, oh say South American countries, are mentioned? Maybe you might want to fact check what that chart was actually developed to illustrate - I very much doubt it's a global comparison. Especially when the homicide rate data I linked to demonstrates that the US far outstrips the UK on that front.

Perhaps you’d find it interesting that the UK ranks 71st for their murder rate, while Somalia ranks 117th... so why can’t the gun free UK have a better rate than the gun infested Somalia?

Source: Nationmaster.org

Perhaps you’d find it interesting that the UK ranks 71st for their murder rate, while Somalia ranks 117th... so why can’t the gun free UK have a better rate than the gun infested Somalia?

Der because the UK keeps better records than Somalia.

Then you really NEED to do your research.

Says the person who still cannot provide evidence to back up his claim that you can't buy pointed knives in the UK.

Pot to kettle reality check please.

fxNNWDs.jpg

Yeah, because a site ends in .org doesn't always make it trustworthy. Also, there's no site nationmaster.org. Like, it doesn't exist. There is a nationmaster.com If you go there it lists countries by their murder rate (murders per 100,000). The most recent set of data is from 2009. Somalia isn't listed. Neither is the U.K. In fact, I couldn't find a year where both Somalia AND the U.K. were listed at all.

For fun though I wanted to see if it even had numbers correct for the U.S. The numbers were correct for 2009 and 2008 for the U.S. I know this because I checked the nationmaster site against the U.N. report for the same statistic.

So let's compare the murder rates for the U.S., U.K., and Somalia for 2010.

U.S.: 4.75
U.K.: 1.2
Somalia: 6.64

Looks like the U.K.'s rate is significantly lower than Somalia. It looks like your numbers are complete bullshit and your source didn't even have stats. But I was curious you were so sure that you even gave rankings. I did a little searching on that and found nothing. So in addition to lying about data you also lied about the rankings. Wikipedia has a ranking of countries by intentional homicide rate, they are as follows:

U.S.: 92
U.K.:176
Somalia: 15

Let's review: first you lied about the numbers on murder rate, you then lied about a ranking, and then, finally, you lied about the source you got it from. This is a rough fucking start to the week for you.

Yeah, because a site ends in .org doesn't always make it trustworthy. Also, there's no site nationmaster.org. Like, it doesn't exist. There is a nationmaster.com If you go there it lists countries by their murder rate (murders per 100,000). The most recent set of data is from 2009. Somalia isn't listed. Neither is the U.K. In fact, I couldn't find a year where both Somalia AND the U.K. were listed at all.

For fun though I wanted to see if it even had numbers correct for the U.S. The numbers were correct for 2009 and 2008 for the U.S. I know this because I checked the nationmaster site against the U.N. report for the same statistic.

Looks like the U.K.'s rate is significantly lower than Somalia. It looks like your numbers are complete bullshit and your source didn't even have stats. But I was curious you were so sure that you even gave rankings. I did a little searching on that and found nothing. So in addition to lying about data you also lied about the rankings. Wikipedia has a ranking of countries by intentional homicide rate, they are as follows:

Let's review: first you lied about the numbers on murder rate, you then lied about a ranking, and then, finally, you lied about the source you got it from. This is a rough fucking start to the week for you.
That is why I have him on ignore he's full of bullshit .

Nations without mucho firearms floating around don't have mucho firearms deaths. Those that do, do. Specifically, this one. Without a firearm, you can't shoot someone. Is that too complex for you?

BTW I've said often that control of production, distribution, and possession of firearms in USA is impossible. No bans or confiscation will work. But what people present in public CAN be controlled -- not perfectly, but better than arming a few zillion fucking crazies and shitheads. A well-regulated militia, FTW!

Not my job. And only an idiot tries to prove a negative, or demand that a negative be proved. Bad logic, baby.

Without a firearm a criminal who still has his can shoot you easier. Is that too complex for YOU?

Australia did their gun confiscation/buyback program and immediately after crime rates soared. INCLUDING gun violence. Home invasions rose 20%

The Assault rifle ban of 1994 did NOTHING to curb crime, murder OR shootings. It didn't fucking work.

The Brady Bill did NOTHING to curb crime, murder OR shootings. It didn't fucking work.

England's gun ban didn't fucking work.

France's gun ban didn't fucking work.

Australia's gun ban didn't fucking work.

Gun control DOES NOT FUCKING WORK.

How 'bout let's try CRIMINAL CONTROL.

Oh. Sorry. the Libs believe that criminals have more important rights than their victims. We can't just punish them for their crimes. We have to punish the law abiding citizens instead.

So you are saying that I lied on the links to websites I posted? And the chart that had the source website on it, I lied about that? You need to find a dictionary and look up the word lie. Prob'ly has Hillary's picture next to it. I didn't make the websites and those are real organizations. Their info is at least as credible as wikipedia. Secondly the chart I posted was for all violent crimes. Not just homicides. Again your reading comprehension is about that of a third grader.

Yeah, because a site ends in .org doesn't always make it trustworthy. Also, there's no site nationmaster.org. Like, it doesn't exist. There is a nationmaster.com.....< BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT>

When you finally make it to High School, you should THEN consider posting in public. Till then, you should simply STFU and be silent. Wikpedia? There's a fucking joke book of a site to refer to... and to make a BFD out of a website suffix? Rather than a gun purchase age limit, there really need to be an age limit to be able to post here!

The stats I cited are here ----> http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Violent-crime/Murder-rate

And now, you're on ignore, for simply being such an ignorant little prick!

The Guardian

Snopes confirmation

BBC

Not completely banned yet but that's what they are heading for. And all those links to online stores? Good luck getting them delivered to your home.

Took you long enough to find something which still doesn't back up your claim that you cannot buy pointed knives in England

You come up with

An article about a campaign to stop home deliveries. It hasn't happened yet but it could be a good thing.

Another piece about a campaign ASKING young people to stop carrying knives.

Finally a piece about Possible solutions to knife crime problems.

You really must learn to read beyond the headlines. The interesting points come in the small print. The BBC article says that CONSULTATIONS WILL START LATER IN 2017.

So far there isn't even a hint of any legislation and your links all say that a ban on home deliveries will be considered. Pretty much the same as saying the disarming of all American will be considered as a means of stopping mass shootings.

Still no promised Reuters story

Time to stop calling other people out and admit that you don't have clue.
Put up or shut up.

Last edited:
So you are saying that I lied on the links to websites I posted? And the chart that had the source website on it, I lied about that? You need to find a dictionary and look up the word lie. Prob'ly has Hillary's picture next to it. I didn't make the websites and those are real organizations. Their info is at least as credible as wikipedia. Secondly the chart I posted was for all violent crimes. Not just homicides. Again your reading comprehension is about that of a third grader.

The chart you linked to didn't include either the US or Somalia.

When you finally make it to High School, you should THEN consider posting in public. Till then, you should simply STFU and be silent. Wikpedia? There's a fucking joke book of a site to refer to... and to make a BFD out of a website suffix? Rather than a gun purchase age limit, there really need to be an age limit to be able to post here!

The stats I cited are here ----> http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Violent-crime/Murder-rate

And now, you're on ignore, for simply being such an ignorant little prick!

Um ... I think you you were looking at raw numbers, not per capita rates. Using the link you provided, and clicking on 'per capita', rather than 'rate' at the top of the table, the UK are 157th. Somalia are 147th, so even with the caveat below, their proportion(rather than raw number) is higher than the UK. So before you bollocks someone else for their use of stats, you might learn to read them a bit better yourself. (The moral here is that if a stat looks odd, it's a good idea to look a bit further.)

Also, Wikipedia is one of the most consistently reviewed sites in the world. They tend to be fairly on point with things like this - if information is wrong, it gets changed pretty quickly.

And Dan provided stats from the UN - possibly one of the most reliable sources of information like this you can get. But you just ignored that.

And finally, I think we can all agree that it's pretty likely that the 'official' crime statistics from Somalia are probably not the most reliable in the world.

Last edited:
Um ... I think you you were looking at raw numbers, not per capita rates. Using the link you provided, and clicking on 'per capita', rather than 'rate' at the top of the table, the UK are 157th. Somalia are 147th, so even with the caveat below, their proportion(rather than raw number) is higher than the UK. So before you bollocks someone else for their use of stats, you might learn to read them a bit better yourself. (The moral here is that if a stat looks odd, it's a good idea to look a bit further.)

Also, Wikipedia is one of the most consistently reviewed sites in the world. They tend to be fairly on point with things like this - if information is wrong, it gets changed pretty quickly.

And the poster you were lambasting provided stats from the UN - possibly one of the most reliable sources of information like this you can get. But you just ignored that.

And finally, I think we can all agree that it's pretty likely that the 'official' crime statistics from Somalia are probably not the most reliable in the world.

Interesting that Coach isn't quite so quick to comment when it's his skills at reading stats that are being questioned.

And Dan provided stats from the UN - possibly one of the most reliable sources of information like this you can get. But you just ignored that.

Sorry, I meant "'per capita' rather than 'total'". The screenshot you've provided makes it pretty clear that you have the chart configured to show the total. That's just the actual number. Even the definition provided by the website makes it clear that's different from the per capita rate. That's why they say "... number and rate per 100,000 population" - the 'and' indicates they're two different things.

Seriously, it really is a good idea to work out how these things operate before using them as incontrovertible evidence to support your argument, and proof of your adeptness with figures.

Took you long enough to find something which still doesn't back up your claim that you cannot buy pointed knives in England

You come up with

An article about a campaign to stop home deliveries. It hasn't happened yet but it could be a good thing.

Another piece about a campaign ASKING young people to stop carrying knives.

Finally a piece about Possible solutions to knife crime problems.

You really must learn to read beyond the headlines. The interesting points come in the small print. The BBC article says that CONSULTATIONS WILL START LATER IN 2017.

So far there isn't even a hint of any legislation and your links all say that a ban on home deliveries will be considered. Pretty much the same as saying the disarming of all American will be considered as a means of stopping mass shootings.

Still no promised Reuters story

Time to stop calling other people out and admit that you don't have clue.
Put up or shut up.

First of all, I actually have a life. I don't spend every free minute I have arguing with ignorant adolescents like you. I actually have a job. I have a girlfriend and I have other friends I spend time with. I do NOT have time for you.

AGAIN, if you actually READ my post you would have SEEN that admitted I was mistaken about the ban being finalized, but that IS where they are heading.

Now go ask your mommy to make you some more Mac & Cheese and go back to playing Lego Star Wars on your X box.

The chart you linked to didn't include either the US or Somalia.

I never said it DID include them. In that report the US was ranked 11th. 11th is not in the top 10. Sorry you missed that.

EDIT: BTW: What the FUCK does Somalia have to do with any of this? It's a country that is currently over run with pirates, illegal arms dealers and several factions of paramilitary rebels trying to claim the country. Their government is as substantial as Kermit the Frog and their law enforcement less effective than a school crossing guard. So HOW does even compare to the US or UK???

Last edited:
Might want to avoid the high crime UK!!!

Total crime, per capita, in the UK, is 2 1/2 times that of the US.... maybe guns aren't such a bad idea after all!

Zf49RXY.jpg

K6xHuIl.jpg

I never said it DID include them. In that report the US was ranked 11th. 11th is not in the top 10. Sorry you missed that.

EDIT: BTW: What the FUCK does Somalia have to do with any of this? It's a country that is currently over run with pirates, illegal arms dealers and several factions of paramilitary rebels trying to claim the country. Their government is as substantial as Kermit the Frog and their law enforcement less effective than a school crossing guard. So HOW does even compare to the US or UK???

I didn't bring Somalia into the argument - my comments regarding Somalia are clearly directed at Coach Binky, not you. You've handily supported the argument both Dan and I are making in respect of 'reported' crime though - difficult to imagine that in the scenario you're describing, reported crime figures would be even vaguely reliable.

See the link provided above to the complete refutation of the 'UK tops US in violent crime' claim. It's (a) not really correct and (b) almost unprovable, because you're comparing oranges and mandarins.

Total crime, per capita, in the UK, is 2 1/2 times that of the US.... maybe guns aren't such a bad idea after all!

Zf49RXY.jpg

K6xHuIl.jpg

*Eyeroll* ... not only do you neglect to admit you screwed up, now you've just moved on to some completely different (and somewhat irrelevant) stats. You might want to look at the disclaimer at the top of the chart. Also, 'crime' is a nationally variable definition, and these stats only ever report 'reported crime' (or possibly even 'prosecuted crime'). Those figures could equally indicate that the police force is more trusted in the UK than the US, or the prosecutions are more successful, depending on what they're actually measuring.

Just to illustrate my point, historically (and even now in some cases) 'crime' figures would include two men having sex in some countries but not others.

I'm pleased to see you found the 'per capita' button though - you're welcome. (It took a while, but well done for getting there. Mensa will be proud.)

Last edited:
Per capita didn't provide the countries of Somalia and the US. Figured you were adult enough to figure the population totals vs the raw totals to get per capita... obviously you weren't capable of doing the math. I'll just accept your apologies for your childish commentary and put you back on ignore... so don't bother with more inane replies, I won't be reading them.

Per capita didn't provide the countries of Somalia and the US. Figured you were adult enough to figure the population totals vs the raw totals to get per capita... obviously you weren't capable of doing the math. I'll just accept your apologies for your childish commentary and put you back on ignore... so don't bother with more inane replies, I won't be reading them.

The Nationmaster chart that you linked to totally provided per capita rates for both the US and Somalia - that's where I got my figure of 147th for Somalia from. (The page isn't opening right now, so I can't find the US rate, but from memory it was substantively higher than the UK.)

Back