Misplaced Princess Redux (Closed for FireyIce)

Dusty watched Dom remove his shirt. She knew what was coming and stayed near her mom just in case she swooned once the wings came out.

Please, allow me to formally introduce myself.

Out came the wings and she heard her Mom gasp and sway and she held onto Mom's arm, offering support.

As I told your daughter, my true name is Kytheon, Justicar to the royal family, guardian of the princess. Mr. and Mrs. Carlyle, you are correct when you mention that you are her parents and that she is your daughter. I have seen so many people on this planet exist from outside of their genetics together. I have been here for five years, I’ve seen how much you love and care for her. My sole purpose has been, and will be, to continue to protect the princess with my life, no matter what the cost. As of right now, there isn’t any huge threat to her. Right now there is just some discourse and disdain back on our world. I would like to spend the next several months teaching her, training her. She will rule, it will just be a matter of knowing how she will before I take her there. For the time being, I would like to just offer up the ruse of us being a couple to avoid suspicion, if anyone should expect it. And, when everything is set, we will go back to the planet of Thrangar, where I will make sure she will get to still visit and talk to you.

He folded away his wings and put his shirt back on

When the time comes, and I do take her with me, I welcome you to conjure up whatever story you would be most comfortable with. That is my only request.

Dom crossed over to her, staring at her as he spoke.

As of right now, I’d like to get started on our training, your highness.

Dusty nodded and told him,

"Certainly." She crossed and kissed her Dad. "I'll be okay Dad. Mom?" She kissed her mom and watched as the both nodded and then left the room. Dusty stood for a moment, her back to Dom as just the two of them were in the room.

"Okay, Dom. What next?" She suddenly felt older but not wiser.
 
Dom watched as Dusty conversed with her parents. He continued to stand there for a moment as she agreed to start making his way over to the couch. He sat down and started to speak, getting Dusty’s attention, “I will admit that there are two things that I do not know. I don’t know how to be regal, so as unorthodox as it sounds, I think you might have better understandings with your knowledge of movies and other media in that aspect. Also,” he continued to say as calmly as he could, “I do not know your real name, or if you have one. You left shortly after you were born. I wasn’t assigned to protect you up until a few years ago, so I’m not sure. On the plus side, you’ll get to decide what your name is.” When he took a break from speaking, he came up with an idea. “You’ll also need to figure out what kind of ruler you are going to want to be. A figure head, a stern ruler, so on and so on,” Dom chimed in when he began to get comfortable.

He took a moment to think of what else they should be thinking of how to progress. “Aside from that, I think we should focus on you coming to my work in the afternoon to work on your martial arts and self-defense, just in case. And as far as us posing as a couple, I think it should be fairly simple to start out. Just hanging out and seeing how it will naturally progress,” he suggested as well.
 
Dom spoke from where he sat on the couch. His voice was warm and yet somehow exotic and hypnotic. She wondered if it was something to do with him being a Justicar.

I will admit that there are two things that I do not know. I don’t know how to be regal, so as unorthodox as it sounds, I think you might have better understandings with your knowledge of movies and other media in that aspect. Also, I do not know your real name, or if you have one. You left shortly after you were born. I wasn’t assigned to protect you up until a few years ago, so I’m not sure. On the plus side, you’ll get to decide what your name is.

He was quiet for a moment, then said,

You’ll also need to figure out what kind of ruler you are going to want to be. A figure head, a stern ruler, so on and so on.

He appeared thoughtful before he spoke again.

Aside from that, I think we should focus on you coming to my work in the afternoon to work on your martial arts and self-defense, just in case. And as far as us posing as a couple, I think it should be fairly simple to start out. Just hanging out and seeing how it will naturally progress.

"Before we go, I have several questions. Who assigned you to me? Is there any chance of contacting them for info? And how long was this assignment supposed to be for? Any possibility that they would know if I had been named? And what was the name of my real parents? Did I have any brothers or sisters? What were their names? If I am to wind up choosing my own name, perhaps I can choose something that would remain true to what they might have done."

She thought a moment. "As to what kind of rule, I would like to think that I would be fair and just. And with all our media, the most gracious one , both real and imagined, was Princess Grace. She was in old movies and started out as an actress but eventually married a real Prince. She always seemed to have style and grace and could charm everyone."

She was thoughtful. "Self defense would be a good idea. It might had stopped the stuff with Greg from happening."

She didn't broach the subject about them as a couple. But she smiled without thinking. Dom was good looking and maybe he would kiss her. He looked like he would be good at it. She wondered what it would be like to have sex with a Justicar. Would he spread his wings over them both as he lay with her? Would he carry her up in the cloud and lay her upon a fluffy one, his wings holding them aloft?

She blinked, trying to wipe her thoughts away.
 
Dom listened to the questions that Dusty asked. He was patient until he was sure that she had finished her line of questions for him. He wasn’t entirely sure how much information he should divulge, though he didn’t want to seem like he wasn’t being honest. “I will make a few trips to find out more about your family history without trying to raise too much suspicion. I know your father’s name was Konnar and your mother’s was Koriandar. As far as siblings, I’m not sure how many there are, or were,” he continued as he stood up and walked around a little bit.

As he looked around, talking to Dusty, he noted that there were plenty of family photos. He knew it was going to be a bit disheartening for her. “There was an order of Justicars that would tell us who was going where and for how long. I was supposed to watch you up until a few months ago, though no one has showed up to let me know if anything has changed,” Dom added. “Unfortunately, the worst needs to be expected for these situations.”

After a while, he made his way over towards Dom and looked at her. “I think for the rest of the day, we should go take a look at the martial arts academy and where my place is,” he suggested feeling a little blushed. “I’ll try to make sure I’m not so formal in public and, on the flip side, I won’t go easy on you with your training,” he said with a small smirk.
 
Dom was very polite and respectful and she didn't know if that was the way he always acted it if it was because she was royality. Royality! This was wild. But she thought back and Dom had been the same way with her parents. Maybe it was a Justicar thing. She wondered what it would be like to kiss him. Hmmmmm!

I will make a few trips to find out more about your family history without trying to raise too much suspicion. I know your father’s name was Konnar and your mother’s was Koriandar. As far as siblings, I’m not sure how many there are, or were. There was an order of Justicars that would tell us who was going where and for how long. I was supposed to watch you up until a few months ago, though no one has showed up to let me know if anything has changed. Unfortunately, the worst needs to be expected for these situations.

"Thank you, Dom. I also appreciate all your work. I'm sorry to be such a bother. I suspect that you are right since the time to supply your relief has come and gone."

I think for the rest of the day, we should go take a look at the martial arts academy and where my place is. I’ll try to make sure I’m not so formal in public and, on the flip side, I won’t go easy on you with your training.

"As long as you remember that I have absolutely no training in anything remotely like self defense." She glanced at him, looking forward to playing his girlfriend. Now, that was something that she did not need training for. She went to grab her purse and told Dom, "I'm ready."
 
“You aren’t a bother at all, your highness,” he said in response to Dusty. “It only makes sense due to wanting to know what we’re going to be up against to start with.” He walked over and held her hand as they started to leave the house, heading over to his car.

As they got into the car, he started to put the location to the martial arts center in his phone. “Is there anything you’d like to do before we get there, or go to my place?” he inquired, wanting to make sure that she was as relaxed as possible. There was no surprise that he was lucky in the sense that he had managed to see how lovely Dusty looked and that there wasn’t much oversight to make sure nothing inappropriate would happen, regardless of if he made the first move or not.

When they began to get closer to the martial arts center, he inquired, “So, what other questions do you have for me? I can only imagine that you have a lot more.” As he waited for the next barrage of questions, he did think that he had never answered her question she had asked as far as if he had ever seen her having sex. In reality, there were a few times that he had seen her hit a state of bliss while having sex where she was subconsciously in The Void, that he might have had a few small glances at a few times.
 
You aren’t a bother at all, your highness. It only makes sense due to wanting to know what we’re going to be up against to start with.

Once in the car, Dusty thought of something. She waited until he was through talking before she spoke.

Is there anything you’d like to do before we get there, or go to my place?

"Yes, there are a few other things that I want to clear up first."

So, what other questions do you have for me? I can only imagine that you have a lot more.

"Can we go to your place first? I prefer to talk where we can be alone. I have a favor, and perhaps a royal request. But I prefer to talk about it somewhere where it is just you and I."

She waited to see what he would say.
 
Dom was a little bit surprised by Dusty’s request. “No problem at all, dear,” he said as he had started to re-route the car from their current location to his place. The fact that she mentioned she wanted to clear a few things up first made some sense to him. Perhaps she wanted to lay out some ground rules for now until they left to go back to Thrangar.

The mentioning of a favor, or possibly a royal request, was probably the more intriguing part of what he was wondering about. It took Dom a few moments to realize where they were and he started to think about the best way to go from both of their places and the gym, since it was going to become more of a ritual for his commute.

Once they got to his apartment, he got out and opened the door for her. When she was out of the car, he took her hand and escorted her inside and pushed the elevator to summon it. When it did, he chose the top floor and waited for the door to close and their short ride to commence. When all was said and done, he unlocked the door to his place and opened it. The apartment was pretty much a studio loft. “As you can see, your highness, it’s kind of an open area space. Over here is the kitchen, a small island for eating, living room with a foldout couch, and up the stairs is the bedroom and bathroom,” he informed her with the small tour. “So,” he started to speak, knowing that the curiosity inside of him was going to be fed, “What did you want to talk about, or request?” He made his way to the kitchen and started to get a glass of water for himself. “Did you need anything to eat or drink?” he followed up with before she started to speak.
 
She shook her head no to anything to eat or drink. She had made note of how to get to his apartment, and where everything was. It was nice. Now, the next bit needed to be done. If she was a princess, it was time to act like one.

"First, don't call me 'your highness'. If it is said here, they won't understand. And if it its in the Void, it could be dangerous. Just call me Dusty, or call me whatever endearment is comfortable. Please. For the time being, it is too dangerous for me to be called 'Your Highness'. Understand?"

She looked at him. Her words were serious.

"Next, I should know what story you have made for yourself. If I'm supposed to be your girlfriend, I should know more than your name. I don't want to say the wrong thing. So what is your story here. I'm not planning on offering information, but should something happen, I need to know what to say."

She could see him thinking through what she said. This next bit may be the hardest.

"And, I think that we should get the first kiss out of the way. We wouldn't want our first kiss to be in public. It could be awkward, and that wouldn't go with the story. The first kiss is the hardest."
 
Dom took a drink of his water as he looked at Dusty shook her head. He was a bit surprised when she spoke, acting more firm and sound in her voice. “Very well, dear,” he said in response to her request. “I’ll try to make sure to address you appropriately as the situation sees fit.” He headed over towards her as he stretched out a little bit. “I would just hope that I don’t get scolded at for making a simple mistake at times,” Dominic added.

“As far as my cover story,” he said as he sat his drink down, “My name is Dominic Salvatore. I came here when I was 18 for college, studied martial arts before then and got back into it during my time. Student becomes a master and that resulted in me working there, mainly doing the night-time courses and some individual training. I also take some classes now and then and do some obscure projects for extra income at times,” he said as he divulged his cover story so that they could be on the same page. “As far as family, they live on the other side of the country so I don’t see them as much.”

Dom walked closer, looking at her directly. His blue eyes met hers, though hypnotic in stare, there was no such power that he had. “As far as how we met,” he began to tell Dusty as he got closer, “I think we’ll need to have a solid, colluded story that would be ironclad.” As he said that, he moved his left hand to her chin and lifted it up as he leaned in and kissed her on the lips. He could feel his press onto her soft lips, his left hand slowly moving down her body and brushing across the top of her chest as he allowed his hands to caress her back, gently pulling her closer to him, yet not going all the way down to her ass. As he continued to kiss her, he was a bit curious as to how she would react to their first kiss being this way.
 
Very well, dear. I’ll try to make sure to address you appropriately as the situation sees fit. I would just hope that I don’t get scolded at for making a simple mistake at times.

"Of course not. I just think that for the time being, we play it safe." She smiled. That was the second time today that he had called her 'dear' and she found that she liked it.

As far as my cover story, my name is Dominic Salvatore. I came here when I was 18 for college, studied martial arts before then and got back into it during my time. Student becomes a master and that resulted in me working there, mainly doing the night-time courses and some individual training. I also take some classes now and then and do some obscure projects for extra income at times. As far as family, they live on the other side of the country so I don’t see them as much.

He walked across the space, staring deep into her eyes. She felt her breath catch in her throat. She had never noticed just how blue his eyes were. His voice, though still masculine, got softer.

As far as how we met, I think we’ll need to have a solid, colluded story that would be ironclad.

She nodded at his words. Then, with surety, he leaned in to lift her chin before kissing her lips as his hand continued its travel down the length of her body. As his lips continued the kiss, she felt his hand on her back, pulling her closer to him.

Her hands naturally went to his chest, feeling the skin and muscle beneath the shirt. As the kiss lengthened, she gave into the moment. Kissing was something that Dusty did good, and often. So it was quite natural that she enjoying being kissed by another individual who kissed as good as she.

Dom held her firmly and, automatically she parted her lips, her tongue tentatively touching his lips. Would he follow her lead, or stay in charge of the situation?
 
Last edited:
Dom continued to kiss Dusty. He felt her lips part against hers and then her tongue brushing against his lips. He decided to open his mouth, allowing her tongue to go into it. Dom decided not to try to slide his tongue into Dusty’s mouth, though he had no problem allowing it to rub against hers.

He felt her hands on his chest. Though it was only on his shirt, he was sure that as they continued to act as a couple and grew a deeper connection, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the same sentiment would be reenacted with him not having a shirt on. Dom spent a moment or two allowing the small make-out session to occur, remembering that it had been a while since he had been intimate with someone else.

Once the moments passed, he pulled back, slowly breaking their kiss. His hands were still just above her ass as he looked into her eyes, admiring them before he spoke. “How was that for a first kiss?” he inquired, wondering what kind of feedback he would get. Dom was hoping that the element of surprise would make it that much more genuine, though he wasn’t sure how she would react now that it was over.
 
He opened his mouth and her tongue ventured in. The kiss was a great start, but she could see that this was something that they obviously needed to work on.

She liked the fact that his hand rested above her ass. But in this day and age, if she was going to come off as his girlfriend, he was going to have to learn to overlook just exactly who she really was.

For a first kiss, it wasn't bad at all. But she felt that they definitely needed more practice.

He broke the kiss and looked her in the eyes, asking,

How was that for a first kiss?

She smiled at him, not attempting to remove herself from his arms. Her hands continued to rest against his chest, enjoying the feel of it.

"Not bad for a first kiss. But we need to practice more. Until it becomes second nature. Dom, if you want people to believe that we are a couple, then..." She paused for a moment before continuing, "...I will need to move in with you. Here."

"People that know me know that this is the pattern of my life. If it were to suddenly change, they would know that something was wrong."

She didn't know how he would accept this.
 
Dom was admitting to himself that he was enjoying the closeness of being with Dusty. It had been too long and felt a bit more relaxing than he last remembered. For some reason it seemed as if he should’ve been surprised, yet he wasn’t, with her hands not being moved from his chest. He figured it was more of how she was, who she was.

He listened as she spoke to him. He heard her say that she needed to have people believe that they were a couple. He knew part of the struggle that he was going to have would be with his upbringing of her royal heritage and keeping it separate from what others viewed. Dom was caught off guard when she mentioned having to move in with him. “Wait... What?” he inquired as he allowed a bit of time to elapse for the information to sink in.

He realized that the idea had struck a bit of a nerve. He did technically live with her aunt and uncle and started to remember how that turned out. Though that was a more primitive and hostile place than here on Earth. He had started to let go of her without thinking about it. “You technically never moved in with your first boyfriend,” he said as he attempted to correct her. He did know that she slept over there a lot, though with both of them being in high school at the time, it wasn’t really possible. “You need to remember that there have been a few times where I’ve seen you hit a sense of bliss in your lovemaking and, just as you can see me in the Void, there are times I could see you from the Void.”

As he said that, he realized that he wasn’t going to be winning this fight, regardless of the effort that he would put in. He let out a small sigh and admitted to himself that there would be some fights he just wouldn’t be able to win. “How long before you decide to move in here?” Dom inquired as he started to realize just how much he would have to look at Dusty differently. “Are you planning on staying here tonight? What are the sleeping arrangements going to be?” Though he asked, he knew he would be taking the couch and giving the princess the bed, which he wouldn’t mind.
 
Dusty knew that in the back of his mind, she was still a princess and he her bodyguard. Even now, her words caught him off guard. She could see that, and almost laughed.

Wait... What?

"Moving in here? With you? Like a couple? Yeah.”

He looked at her like a deer in the headlights, and Dusty was actually enjoying being able to one up the Justicar.

You technically never moved in with your first boyfriend

She noticed that his hands slipped away from holding her, and she stood there looking at him, her hands going to her hips and her head tilted to one side and her eyebrow raised. She knew that she had him.

You need to remember that there have been a few times where I’ve seen you hit a sense of bliss in your lovemaking and, just as you can see me in the Void, there are times I could see you from the Void.

"I see. So if I move in here, you won't be seeing anything that you have not already seen. In case I happen to hit 'a sense of bliss', you will have already seen it. Am I right?"

She knew that she was going to win this fight. She noticed the sigh, and the slight shoulder slump before he straightened back up.

How long before you decide to move in here? Are you planning on staying here tonight? What are the sleeping arrangements going to be?

Dusty was starting to feel comfortable with Dom. When they first met, she was at a disadvantage. But now, this was her territory. For once, she felt as if she had the upper hand.

"Oh, I'm very open , Dom. Very open." She walked up to him and placed her arms around his neck as she gave him a smile. "Let's practice that kiss a little more. Okay?"
 
Dom watched as Dusty took her soft hands off of his chest and moved them to her hips. Though he was still a foreigner, technically they both were, he was very well aware of the fact that it was not a very pleasant sign. And he was correct with his assessment as she mentioned that he wouldn’t be seeing anything new with her being there.

“That’s not what I meant,” he replied, no doubt that his face was starting to turn beat red. Though he had a few romantic relationships while watching over Dusty, there really wasn’t a time where one of the other girls had confronted him as aggressively as she was doing right now. “You’re mixing my words, trying to use them against me. Whether royalty or not, clothed or not, you still look lovely.” Dom figured that what he spoke was enough to see his point.

It wasn’t until after he took a deep breath and heard her mention about how open she was. “A month,” he said somewhat firmly, trying to regain some control. “We ‘date’ for a month before you ‘technically’ move in. Most of the time you can stay over here, perhaps a few times I stay at your place, but it would offer a good, natural rate for your parents not to worry,” Dom mentioned, hoping that she would see his logic.

Even as he made his offer, he could tell that the counter offer was going to be prolonged since Dusty had felt inclined to wrap her hands around his neck. He looked down at her, trying to make sure he was paying more attention to her eyes and face than the amount of cleavage she was showing when she mentioned practicing the kiss. “Fuck it,” he said to himself as he continued to struggle a little bit more of mentally disseminating between viewing her as a “girlfriend” and a princess. He leaned down as he felt her start to entwine her fingers and began to kiss her again.

This time the kiss contained a bit more passion than before. Though it wasn’t as entertaining with catching her off guard, he still wanted to make the best of it. And part of that meant dedicating himself to help sell them passing as being a couple. His hands found her hips as their lips met, though this time, he moved his hands around her pants to her firm ass, grabbing it. As he did, he pulled her closer to him, he felt her chest press up against his as he opened his mouth and slowly started to slide his tongue against her lips. Though he didn’t have to prove it, he knew that she would open her lips for his tongue and he would show her how well he could, in fact, kiss.
 
She watched him stammer as his face flushed red. Why, Justicars can blush!

She stood watching him trying to talk his was out of a ticklish situation.

That’s not what I meant. You’re mixing my words, trying to use them against me. Whether royalty or not, clothed or not, you still look lovely.

Well, that was good to know. She had started to wonder if he found her even attractive.

A month. We ‘date’ for a month before you ‘technically’ move in. Most of the time you can stay over here, perhaps a few times I stay at your place, but it would offer a good, natural rate for your parents not to worry.

"2 weeks. We 'date' for 2 weeks before I move in. My parent worry about men trying to hurt me, not protect me. I don't think that you worry about my parents so much as you worry about yourself."

She looked up at him, a sly smile on her lips.

And with that, he looked down at her and his strong hands grabbed her ass, pulling her tight to him as he kissed her. This time, his lips meant what they did. Her body melted into his and her breast were pressed against his chest, her nipples hard.

And he initiated the French kiss, his tongue asking entrance into her mouth. With pleasure, she granted it and her tongue twined with his. Her fingers played with the nape of his neck as she felt the warmth from his body, from his arms around her, holding her close. Now this was a kiss. One she didn't want to end.
 
He felt Dusty respond just as he had hoped with this kiss. As he started to French kiss her, he continued to slide his tongue deep into her mouth. He was somewhat relieved when he felt her tongue entwine with his. As he continued to kiss her, he thought perhaps it was from her hands playing on his neck, or her breasts being against his chest. Once he thought about that, he couldn’t stop what was happening next. As he noticed that her nipples were already hard. He continued to try to not think too much, though he figured it was a lost cause as he realized how close their bodies were pressed against each other. There was no doubt that Dom knew Dusty could tell that he was getting a bit hard from their encounter.

As he did, he thought back to the comment a few weeks ago where she mentioned that she wished he was a guy that she could just be a good fuck, rather than what he was. The kiss continued for a while before he decided to break it. He could hear both of them moan as they gasped for some air. Though the kiss broke, the distance between them stayed the same. “Three weeks,” he said for his last offer. He was a bit surprised that she hadn’t thrown her title and power around with stopping the debate. Perhaps she forgot about it in the heat of the moment, which is what he was hoping for.
 
She was definitely turned on. And from being so close to Dom, their bodies touching, she could feel that he was definitely turned on by her. There was a bulge that seemed to be growing in his pants and she was glad to know that she had not lost her touch. This could prove to be very enjoyable after all.

He finally broke their kiss and she actually gasped for breath. She was pleased that he still held her tight in his arms.

Three weeks

She nuzzled up against him, cheek to cheek until her lips were beside his ear.

"One week."

She figured that he would eventually see it her way and agree to the 2 weeks. She gave a little moan in his ear.

"Hmmmm? Oh, and I'm staying the night."
 
Last edited:
Dominic was a bit surprised at how close Dusty had gotten to him. He wasn’t fully expecting her to get even closer, though he did figure his bulge did have some influence in her decision. He had to admit, that this was her area of expertise and that he would need to lose some leverage, however, he had learned to know what battles to fight and what ones to avoid over the years.

“Very well,” he started to say as he continued to hear her soft little moans in his ear. “Two weeks from tomorrow,” Dom gave as his final offer. It did help that the next day would be the beginning of the week so it made a good outlier in his mind for them. “And you get to cook tonight,” he added as a small caveat to his final offer. “You can look in the fridge and if we need something we can go out and get it.”

Once he finished speaking, he leaned down and kissed her neck. He planted several small kisses on it, hoping to help persuade her. For some reason unbeknownst to him, he was curious as to if she would let go of his neck or if he would let go of her ass first. While he was looking for some amusement thinking about this, he figured he’d see if she would let go first. “And what were you thinking for sleeping arrangements for tonight, dear?” he inquired, a bit curious to see what she had in mind.
 
She knew that she had won and she was enjoying feeling him so close to her. As she moaned in his ear, he spoke.

Very well. Two weeks from tomorrow. And you get to cook tonight. You can look in the fridge and if we need something we can go out and get it.

And with that he began to give her small kisses on her neck. She smiled, happy that he was starting to get into the swing of things.

"As long as you realize that cooking is not my strong suit."

She held on tight to his neck and continued to stroke where his hair grew at his nape.

And what were you thinking for sleeping arrangements for tonight, dear?

"Oh, I'm very open minded. I don't mind sharing the bed with you." She leaned in and nibbled on his earlobe. She was really enjoying herself.
 
“Well, you know what they say,” Dom started to reply, “Practice makes perfect.” He picked her up and carried her to the couch, setting them both down as she was nibbling on his earlobe. He had let go of her and stood up after a moment.

He looked over at the time and saw how late it had gotten. Tough their conversations were insightful and needed; it had cost them a bit more time than he had hoped for. “Well, I guess we’re going to have to go check out where I work tomorrow. That way we can make sure to set up times for you to train for your self-defense.” He was hoping to get back on course with remembering why she was even going to be living with him, that they would have work to do.

Dominic started to stretch a little bit as he started to think about the current situation. The fridge, he remembered, was fairly well stocked so there was hope that they wouldn’t need to go out. Though if they did, at least they would look like a real couple.
 
Well, you know what they say. Practice makes perfect.

He was the first to let go, setting her down on the couch before he stood up, seemingly ill at ease. Was he nervous or just thinking? She didn't know him well enough yet.

Well, I guess we’re going to have to go check out where I work tomorrow. That way we can make sure to set up times for you to train for your self-defense.

Dom seemed antsy, as if he didn't know what to do next. She got up and went into the kitchen. While she started cooking, she called him into the kitchen. She wanted to know more about him.

"Dom, tell me what it is like to be a Justicar. What was you childhood like? How come you were chosen as a Justicar?"
 
Dom watched as Dusty got up and started walking to the kitchen. There was a bit off an awkward silence for a while. Though he knew her, he didn’t know her as strangely as it sounded to him in his head. He figured probably the same thing was going through her head, but he wasn’t sure. Part of the truth was that the fact his day had been unscripted with this development had thrown him off a bit. Perhaps there was wisdom with her moving in, getting able to know her even more, anticipate when she might try to just change her mind on the fly, he thought to himself.

He heard his name as he was thinking, asking to come over to the kitchen. He walked over to the kitchen, watching her getting started on cooking. “Do you need help finding anything?” he asked not realizing that she may not know where things are. Instead, he was surprised about the questions that she had asked him instead. He didn’t realize that she wasn’t as aware of his background, his upbringing as he had told her. Dom leaned against the counter as he thought about her questions for a moment.

“To be a Justicar,” he started to say, “Is to be part of a greater than anyone could imagine though it does require a lot of devotion, sacrifice for you or any other member of the royal family. As much as I would’ve loved to have a chance to volunteer for this, it was chosen for me without me having a say.” He let out a small sigh as he learned years ago about how he came to be. “Those that were chosen were more or less created with magic. My DNA is almost the same as yours, though there were modifications, genetic ones, to give us wings.”

There was a bigger sigh as he recalled what he remembered from his training. “My childhood was a lot different than others. With this being chosen for me, that meant my destiny was planned out for me. I was raised learning combat training, survival, being in multiple harsh conditions.” He spent a few more moments going over what he remembered before being sent away to try to protect her aunt and uncle. Though he gave details, he didn’t go into some of the more graphic or harsher details. As much as he wanted to make sure she wanted to have her privacy, he would hope that she would realize there were some that he wanted as well.

“One thing I’d like to try,” he said not knowing what would be the outcome, “Is that while you don’t have a problem sharing my bed with me…” Dom started to say, knowing that it was obvious this territory was completely strange, “I’ve always been awake when you’ve been asleep. I don’t know what would happen if we were both asleep at the same time. If you would exist in The Void with me with being in contact with me, or what,” Dom was struggling for words while asking Dusty. “I just don’t want to do anything that would put you in danger or anything like that.” He was curious to what her reaction would be.
 
She listened to his childhood or lack of it. She put the chicken in the oven and put a hand on his shoulder as he talked.

"I took much for granted. My childhood was idyllic whereas yours was non existent. I'm sorry.

Then he explained his concern.

One thing I’d like to try, Is that while you don’t have a problem sharing my bed with me…I’ve always been awake when you’ve been asleep. I don’t know what would happen if we were both asleep at the same time. If you would exist in The Void with me with being in contact with me, or what. I just don’t want to do anything that would put you in danger or anything like that.

"Ah, now I see the problem. Is there any way that we could give it a try but set an alarm clock or something like that? I mean, where do you go when you sleep? Just dream? I take it you don't go to the Void the same way."

"Meanwhile, the lemon chicken should be ready in about 35 minutes. So, if anyone asks, how did we meet? Lover."
 
Back
Top