The Lion's Princess (Closed for Asa)

The smile on her face was enough, as she asked him if he was ok he butted his head against hers, his face rubbing happily against her, scent marking her as well, a purr rumbling from his chest as she pet him, his head dipped as she asked him if he was alright, as if saying yes to her question are you ok? he thought again, his tail twitching happily as he continued to nuzzle her, his ears laid flat, his purring growing louder, he’d heard a soft knock and instantly growled as his head shot to the door, teeth pulling back as a older male walked in in a robe “oh good, he’s awake, its ok im here to check your wound” he old man said to him, Nefer’s head tilting, wound? And if just thinking about it he felt the throb from his shoulder and looked down, seeing something against his shoulder he sniffed at it, the memory coming back of being stabbed by the assassin’s spear. Growling he licked at the bandage nipping at it, trying to rip it off. The old man smiled and spoke again softly “its ok, its medicine to help you heal, may I look at it please?” he asked, nefer looking at the old male, gold eyes intent, with a snuff he laid down and stretched out, his eyes watching as the old magi approached. Taking the bandage off carefully he poked at the wound, eliciting a low growl from him for which the old man apologized.

“yes, this is healing very nicely, its already starting to scar, I think he will survive my priestess” he old man bowed “how are you feeling? You look flushed my lady”
 
She was happy to hear that he was going to survive and she nodded.

I have been crying worried about Never and trying to sort out everything.

She looked to Nefer as the magi left.

I think I can hear you more now... As if you speak the tongue of man.

She smiled at him.

I do not know what this means but I... I like this.

She curled up laying there against him with a smile.
 
Feeling her curl up with him again he smiled, his eyes closing he nuzzled against her, licking her cheek again and purring as she spoke I think I can hear you more now... As if you speak the tongue of man.[/] his head cocked as he looked to her, his eyes curious, he felt her head shift as she looked at him, their eyes meeting, and he felt a small twinge in the back of his head that made him wince, but the feeling of warmth and happiness that spread into him, her, he felt her, could feel her happiness and relief he was ok, like some small connection had been made “but I do understand you, always have” he thought, his head cocking to one side curiously I do not know what this means but I... I like this. she settled in against him, “I wish I knew too, “ he thought back to the little girl, she smiled like him, smiled like feline, but different, and she had understood his grunts and his thoughts, and it had seemed easy to her. after last nights, or was it this mornings events? He felt………different…..like something inside him he’d never known about had been freed and now he felt lighter, stronger….his shoulder twitched and he grunted, licking at the bandage on his fur, trying to tear it off
 
Let the bandage do its job.

She sighed teasingly swatting at his muzzle. She was still trying to piece it all together.

I know it couldn't be but... I think for a moment... You were... Human... Silly isn't it... The amagi think it was the fear stress and trauma from the attack.
 
She swatted at his muzzle and he blinked, a look of surprise on his face, and he purred at her, lightly his paw lifted and he batted back at her, partially rolling onto his back, grunting softly at her, tail twitching, his eyes seeing to smile as he looked at her. I know it couldn't be but... I think for a moment... You were... Human... Silly isn't it... he blinked, his head lifting, eyes narrowing, “so I didn’t dream that…” he thought, the memories still a bit foggy, dulled by the haze of pain, he remembered the rage, and his anger began to simmer, seeming to help uncloud his mind. “you were in danger” he grunted, no he couldn’t let her get hurt, that assassin……..his golden eyes shifted to the wall where he’d thrown the intruder, he was so angry, he felt her shift against him as she sat up, looking at him, like she sensed the sudden anger in him again. He looked to the door, then back to the wall, the memory seemingly now on repeat in his head, she could have been hurt, but then another memory came to him, how his body felt warm, and he’d been praying to save her, wishing he could rise and defend her but that spear had hampered his movement, that hot rush of fire in his blood, and something in the darkness of his mind told him to hold on to that fire. Rising he slowly hopped down off the bed, sniffing the ground, scenting the air. He walked over to where he’d laid, the stain of his blood still on the floor, and a tingle ran down his body.

He needed to rise and fight, his lions body was too big, he needed something smaller, something more agile to fight with, he was too slow and she would be hurt. Give him power and speed, to defend, give him freedom to fight…. His body began to tremble as that fire returned, his skin felt hot, but he was too focused inward, replaying over and over in his mind, and then it clicked, as he turned, his eyes locked on her “for her, let him save her, let him defend her, she was his god damn it” and like that something broke inside of him ,he felt that wash of heat race through his body, and what started off as a snarl had turned into a gasp, his body reordering itself in an instant, the fur and fangs melting away, replaced by the form she’d seen last night, he kneeled there, shivering, but it was his piercing golden eyes, they had stayed on her, unchanging even through this transformation, his eyes remained “c..c….colddd…..” he whispered “soo..s..osoo…cold….”
 
Her lips parted to speak but no words fell from her lips as she watched him.

Nefer...

Finally words fell from her lips...

How... Sekmet... How...

Sekmet spoke into his now human mind.

This is why you and our priestess we're brought together...

Tikara slowly moved to get one of the blankets from her bed and willing her feet to move closer to him to drape it over him.
 
Nefer... he looked up to her, hearing the soft plea in her voice, the confusion and hesitation in her eyes, “p..p..please, don’t be afraid of me…..not now…i..c…couldn’t….” words failed him past the chattering of his teeth How... Sekmet... How... he heard a voice in his head, but he barely listened to it, concentrating hard, he didn’t know how he knew, but his body wanted to shift back, and he had to strain to keep this form. Finally he sensed movement and looked up again to find her slowly walking towards him, he scented her fear and it broke his heart, his face falling as he looked to her “Tikara….p..please….dont be…..afraid..” he chattered, finally she draped the blanket over him. And after a few minutes his teeth stopped rattling and his body began to calm as his body slowly began to warm. “i….i..i don’t know…e….either, b…b..born…..tthis way….” Speaking was hard, he wasn’t used to it, but he let himself fall back on his ass, using the wall for support as he panted for breath, his golden eyes watched her, neither of them speaking for minutes, her panic, still clear as day on her face, and the scent of her fear and confusion, and it hurt him, “Thank you…….” He said after the silence got to be too much “for naming me…..”
 
This... This is why I could understand you... More often than I could the other animals.

She sat there trying to process everything.

You.. you are welcome... I knew after you saved me that you were a good soul.
 
This is why I could understand you... More often than I could the other animals. Nefer shook his head and shrugged, looking to her, his face drawn down, sad, “I, couldn’t even begin to understand, my earliest memory that I can remember was being in a cage, growing up being taunt to hunt and fight and kill, the men who attacked you…” he trailed off, shaking his head “the little girl, the one on those stick things, helping her walk, in the market, she is like me…” he looked to her then looked away, his hand idly rubbing the loose bandage on his shoulder, this new form giving him a better chance to look at the wound, he lifted the injured arm and flexed his hand, turned it over looked at it, then his head snapped up and he sniffed “I smell meat……..someones coming……..”his stomach growled and he looked down, and just like this his concentration was broken, his body shifting back to his lion form, the blanket ending up over his head as a knock came at the door a gentle female voice announcing “Priestess, the pharaoh wishes to speak with you after morning meal, with your lion injured he thought bringing the food to you would be a good idea” the door opened after a moment, Nefer giving a growl as he pawed at the damn blanket, after a minute finally working it off his head and looking at the 3 servants with trays of food, and he rose to his feet licking his lips
 
She nodded to him with a faint smile. She wanted to move closer but fear held her in place just out of reach. Her head turning when he spoke about food and nodded to the servants bringing in the food. She nodded to them.

After meal I will speak with him that will be fine.

Once they were gone she sat down watching him eat biting at her lip with a sigh at all the attempts to start a war with her death.
 
He ate in silence, he could feel the weight of her sorrow, she feared him now and he whined softly, his ears flattened against his head, he looked to her unable to keep the pain from his golden gaze he could feel she wanted to touch him, but she held herself back. Damn the gods, Damn everything, he whimpered again and moved off into a corner, a heavy sigh he curled up, figuring she’d probably want him gone now, if she couldn’t even bring herself to touch him or accept him. He guessed he didn’t really know what to expect. Not that he ever wanted this, to discover this ability and shun the one person who meant so much to him “im sorry” he thought before he closed his eyes and fell asleep
 
It... It is alot to take in Nefer. You can become human. I.. I have never seen anything like this... I...

She balled up wanting him close but confused and scared at the same time. What should she do how should she handle this what could she do to help him. Her mind raced.
 
It is alot to take in Nefer. You can become human. I.. I have never seen anything like this he sighed, turning his head to look at her, “you and me both my priestess” he thought, sighing again he rose to stand, padding over to her, if she wouldn’t touch him then he’d touch her. laying down he rested his muzzle in her lap, eyes looking up to her, tail twitching hesitantly, there was a quiet between them, both lost in their own thoughts, then he steeled himself as he told her everything he’d remembered since he was a cub, no memory of where he’d come from, just always being around the humans, finding he could understand everything, the different people he’d come in contact with, everything that had been done to him, all the people he’d been forced to kill, up to the night of the coronation party and how he’d taken one look at her and felt peace, and just knew he couldn’t let any harm come to her, how the people who’d attacked her wanted war simply for power and money, and that had been were he had drawn the battle line and turned on his captors. The rest not needing to be said since well…she’d been there for the rest of it.

But he did tell her the names of the people he’d remembered overhearing, the idiots that held him not really caring to watch what they said thinking him just some dumb beast, and even the location of the camp outside Egypt that they’d been using. “I know this…….Pheromone?….whatever you call him? Wants to see you, tell him what I told you, and well, I can see if I have the ability to shift again. But I don’t know how long I can hold the form” he sighed again “so tired after doing it, takes a lot out of me, “ he yawned, looking up to her “show them what I can do, maybe they will believe?”
 
Last edited:
It was a wise idea if he could shift in front of them they would believe it and end this problem. She smiled nodding to him

Very good idea... Will you be able to change your form when I meet with him this soon or should we wait a while?
 
he yawned some, getting himself more comfortable he laid his head back in her lap, his eyes closing as he sighed Will you be able to change your form when I meet with him this soon or should we wait a while? he looked up at her, nuzzling her a bit “i…..should be able to, not sure how long ill be able to hold it though, a nap would be nice….” He yawned, growling some as his body shook with it, then he settled, “the bed is more comfortable then this floor” he thought in passing “you should rest too, youre paler then the sheets” lifting his head he licked her cheek “please my priestess, rest for a bit, worried about you” he slowly rose, stretching and yawning again, before padding to the bed and laying upon it, in his usual spot and looked to her
 
She moved to the bed after looking into the hall and informing the guard to inform them that she was feeling a little weak and was going to nap before meeting with the Pharaoh. After that she moved to the bed and laid down sleep taking her quickly next to her dear Nefer as always.
 
They’d slept far longer than they had planned, it wasn’t until the knock on the door woke him, he heard the servant on the other end knock again announcing that the mid-day meal was ready and the pharaoh was waiting, blinking open weary eyes he yawned, growling softly, he turned his head and lightly nudged Tikara, grunting softly as he nudged her again, finally rousing her, informing her that they had come knocking saying the midday meal was ready, which meant they’d slept nearly 6 hours. Waiting till she was off the bed he rose, stretching long and languorous as only a feline could do he shook out his mane, waiting for her he walked by her side as they entered he pharaoh’s private dining chamber. Seat’s were offered and Nefer took his place beside her, resting his muzzle in her lap, offering comfort as the trays of food were brought out, The Pharaoh apologizing for waking them, considering how bad of night they’d had but didn’t think they’d wish to miss a meal and wait for dinner.

He proceeded to tell them what the magi had found out, which was very little about the man, and where he was from. Sadly the list was fairly small but he suspected was a splinter faction of lower class Egyptians wanting to break away and challenge for power, they’d been having issues for weeks now with threats and small attacks on the pharaohs family members and ruling overlords.
 
I have other info add to what you have found... Well Nefer and I do.

She looked to Nefer nodding to him.

Can you?

She moved her chair back to give him some room.
 
He listened idly as he nawed on a bone, already knowing some of what was being said. As things took a pause he head Tikara speak. Rising to stand he shook out his mane and yawned Can you? He heard her ask, bring some interested looks and a from from the pharaoh “can he what?” was asked and Nefer gave a sigh. Closing his eyes briefly, he felt that flicker of fire and smiled, seeing in his mind what he wanted the fire in him grew, he opened his eyes, as a wash of fire raced through him that he was coming to love the feel of, warming him to his bones as he shifted in front of everyone, once second Lion, the next human, half kneeling beside Tikara, he shivered slightly but this time the fire in his blood remained, his skin warming and the shivering stopped, his voice however was slightly rough “this, is getting easier…” he said, slowly he lifted his head, his golden eyes taking in the room as the gasps, and cries of alarm faded, several people had almost fallen over their chairs as they stood and backed away “apologies, “ he stated “im still new to this ability,” the pharaohs eyes were on him, narrowed, appraising. He said nothing for long moments, everyone in the room looking to him, as if expecting……..something?.......

Finally the pharaoh looked to Tikara it seems I owe you an apology, I did not believe you when you told me,I did not know their were other species capable of taking human form… and Nefer looked at him, in shock, he’d picked up the subtle hint the pharaoh had let slip at that revelation and Nefer looked to Tikara then back to the Pharaoh “umm….pardon…..but you know about me?” The pharaoh smiled some, Lifting his hand he ordered the others out of the room, leaving himself, Tikara and Nefer alone once the door was sealed he spoke again Yes, lion, I know of you, or what you are, the pharaoh pointed up to his throne at the two cheetahs laying beside it and motioned to them. They made their way down the stairs to the Pharoahs side Ladies, if you would please… Nefer’s eyes rounded as he inhaled the scents in the air, watching the two cheetahs transform, just as he had done, bowing to them all and smiling
 
Tikara nodded.

He has things he can tell you from his captors... Those that attacked the coronation.

She moved close to Nefer still not liking to think about the destruction and devistation to her home and people.
 
He wrapped his arm around her, his body warm, warmer than normal, now that he was learning to control it. Smiling to her, “the girl in town, the one on crutches, shes like you wasn’t she?” he asked the two women, they exchanged a look then nodded, their faces falling, they said nothing but obviously knew who he was talking about, turning he looked to the pharaoh, telling him everything that he’d told Tikara in their room about growing up, the two girls growling through most of it at his mistreatment, but other than that stayed quiet. Finally he finished and the pharaoh stroked his chin, his face hard as he thought about things some of these people ive heard of before, but never been able to find, they make regular trouble in the outter provinces and towns but never have ventured this close to the palace until they brought you, they obviously didn’t know what they had in their possession you were lucky he sat back and sighed, a small bead of sweat starting to form on Nefer’s forehead. One of the cheetahs looking to him, her voice was quiet your new to shifting aren’t you? Nefer nodded gently it will get easier the more you practice, but don’t push yourself, you can hurt yourself if you over extend your magic again Nefer nodded and smiled at her in thanks With that being said he let his control go and shifted back before the strain got to him. Laying at Tikara’s feet he yawned and the two women smiled at him then her Take care of your lion priestess, its been years since we’ve seen others of his species, he is rare
 
Tikara nodded to them with a smile. She wanted to do as she always did and curl up with him but settled for her hand remaining in his mane as she listened to the Pharaoh.

He has told you were they are and who they are. Now what do we do... My temple can not withstand another attack.
 
The Pharoah sighed and sat back, picking up his wine glass and swirled it around for a few minutes “Priestess, my thoughts on your temple are mixed” he said his eyes briefly going to Nefer then back to her you now have yourself a powerful guardian, ive seen what he did to that assassin this morning, he is truly strong to have done that much damage, being a lion of course is to be expected, I would like you and your clerics to move here to the main city he held his hand up quickly thinking she may want to argue not permanently, whatever is going on, they now know you have a lion protecting you and don’t know the why of it, that may be enough to deter them, but a skilled fighter he is not, and care barely hold form for 15 minutes, come here, let us help you both he took a drink, looking to Nefer now as the two cheetah women moved and sat beside either side of him on his chair, the taller one smiling “we can train him, help him, we have been bodyguards to the pharaohs since the birth of Egypt and our secrets have lived and died with each ruler. We can help him learn and become stronger, then you can return to your temple with a truly dangerous weapon at your side”

Nefer tilted his head, he was willing, but he would follow Tikara’s lead, this was her life he’d screwed up, and now she was in danger because of him. Yes he’d killed that assassin but he knew he’d been lucky, he caught him by surprise and was on a rage fueled rush there was no telling next time if he’d even survive, the spear last night could have been fatal because he wasn’t alert, did he want to risk that and lose her? he looked to her,
 
A compromise... Karnak

Tikara spoke calmly. She had always preferred the calmness of a temple to that of the cities full of people and Karnak was close to the royal city.
 
The pharaoh considered her counter offer for the briefest minute then nodded Done, we’ve been needing a priest or priestess in that temple for some time, its staffed only by acolytes right now, and their skills sadly are barely out of their schooling. They could use an experienced healer and mentor to guild them to the gods. And for the time being the pharaoh motioned to the two woman who shifted back to their cheetah forms and walked to her, each nuzzling her leg in greeting then moving to Nefer, he blinked and looked at the two as they sat beside him I know you need time to make arrangements, they will escort you back and stay with you until you arrive safety in Karnack, they will also begin his training and help him along the way the Pharaoh smiled at them imagine how it would look for anyone watching, most probably have heard about your lion, and now you leave with two cheetahs by your side, shall we call you the Priestess of beasts? he joked I shall send caravans with you as well for anything you may need to move.
 
Back
Top