Whatcha Learned Lately?

I haven't been able to find an editor the last few times I was looking. I did post looking for one on the editors board a couple days ago and haven't heard from anyone.

The few that I have worked with in the past I can't seem to find. I don't write consistently enough to always be in contact with someone unfortunately.

Luckily someone has offered to read over my chapter and I am very appreciative :D

It is hard to find a good one who's reliable. Mine is good for checking my grammar and spelling and punctuation when I give him time. Which I try to do but a lot of my Literotica stories end up being down to the wire. Still, he enjoys it and it helps me so it's win win. What I need is someone who can discuss my plots and story lines, such as they are, with me. That's harder to find.

It is hard to find a good one who's reliable. Mine is good for checking my grammar and spelling and punctuation when I give him time. Which I try to do but a lot of my Literotica stories end up being down to the wire. Still, he enjoys it and it helps me so it's win win. What I need is someone who can discuss my plots and story lines, such as they are, with me. That's harder to find.

I'm lucky to have a friend that helps me with plots and storylines, but she's Dutch so she isn't as good helping me with the grammar issues.

But yes, a good editor is hard to find!

No, it's not easy to find someone--especially someone trained to edit--to buy into someone else's dream and work on it for free. I have an editor (and am an editor who trades editing with my editor), but he's also publishing the stories for a share in the profit. You might try offering to share reads at least and spend more time leaning the editorial ropes yourself so that you can meet Literotica requirements without much help.

No, it's not easy to find someone--especially someone trained to edit--to buy into someone else's dream and work on it for free. I have an editor (and am an editor who trades editing with my editor), but he's also publishing the stories for a share in the profit. You might try offering to share reads at least and spend more time leaning the editorial ropes yourself so that you can meet Literotica requirements without much help.

I've offered a couple people to read over their stuff, if they want to read over mine, so far no takers :/

And yeah I get I'm asking a lot, wanting someone to edit for nothing, but when people post on the editor board saying they'll edit, and then no one replies, it's kind of sucky. And yeah, people get busy, I understand, but just a reply saying Sorry can't take anything else on right now, would be nice.

Back