The Official Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' Support Thread 2018

The rule is created for the contest theme, not that it can't have been written some time ago or even published elsewhere already. If it's got a "summer lovin'" theme and it isn't marked as entered as a chapter, but is done as a standalone, and it hasn't already been published at Literotica in that form, it's good to go within the rules given.
 
All you need to do is look at the history of what happened immediately preceding the implementation of the "no chapters" rule to see why it was implemented.

Here are the contests ( If I remember correctly, excluding "How To" which wasn't exactly a chapter-friendly theme ) immediately preceding the change. Top is the last contest before the rule was implemented. Farther down are contests immediately prior.

49 chapters 165 entries
22 chapters 71 entries
20 chapters 56 entries
4 chapters 84 entries
7 chapters 81 entries

It had sprawled completely out of control. Quickly. The rule is there to stop multiple chapters of the same story from bloating the contest, each competing as an entry, even though they're all part of one story.
 
It had sprawled completely out of control. Quickly. The rule is there to stop multiple chapters of the same story from bloating the contest, each competing as an entry, even though they're all part of one story.

It is still possible for a contest entry to be the first chapter in a series. I have no problem with that, but it appears to be acceptable even if subsequent chapters and/or related stories are posted while the contest is still in progress. It's happened recently.
 
I added another 2K to my entry, which was more than I expected. I hope to have it done without adding more than another Lit page, but if that happens, then it happens.
 
Exactly. The whole point is eliminating multiple chapters of the same story being entered into the same contest individually.

There's nothing precluding the use of characters/settings you've used before, or plan to use again.

I've even seen someone get away with what were undoubtedly chapters, simply given individual titles. There were only two of these "chapters" entered in the same contest, and they were nowhere near a threat to place, so I just shrugged and let it go. Haven't seen it happen since.

It is still possible for a contest entry to be the first chapter in a series. I have no problem with that, but it appears to be acceptable even if subsequent chapters and/or related stories are posted while the contest is still in progress. It's happened recently.
 
Exactly. The whole point is eliminating multiple chapters of the same story being entered into the same contest individually.

There's nothing precluding the use of characters/settings you've used before, or plan to use again.

I've even seen someone get away with what were undoubtedly chapters, simply given individual titles. There were only two of these "chapters" entered in the same contest, and they were nowhere near a threat to place, so I just shrugged and let it go. Haven't seen it happen since.

I had at least two stories related to my holiday contest story ready to post before voting was over on the contest, but I intentionally did not post them. I thought that was a violation in spirit of the contest rules. Posting them would have been a (probably unsuccessful) ploy to get more favorable votes for the original entry.

I posted all of the parts, but not until the contest was over.
 
Laurel put the "spirit" of the rule to rest years ago. It is what it is. Nothing hidden. Nothing implied.

Doesn't mean you can't have your own personal code, and be perfectly in the right for following it. It's the reason I backed away from my first entry idea. I didn't feel it tied in strongly enough with the theme, and that's my personal code. The setting is around the summer solstice, and that certainly would have qualified. That and one other offhand comment ( plus, maybe weather description. I'm sure that would have come up ) was the only real connection.

No bikinis. No summer vacation. The timing doesn't really matter all that much to the crux of the plot. The timing was always part of the plan, but I could have set it around any pagan holiday, if I wanted. Spring or summer fits best, but spring would have been a bit of a rush, and any later would be somewhat awkward for at least one character. LOL

Just know there is not "spirit" of the rule. No multiple chapters in the same contest. That's all. Nothing else.

I had at least two stories related to my holiday contest story ready to post before voting was over on the contest, but I intentionally did not post them. I thought that was a violation in spirit of the contest rules. Posting them would have been a (probably unsuccessful) ploy to get more favorable votes for the original entry.

I posted all of the parts, but not until the contest was over.
 
I have a story written several years ago, that with some tweaking, would fit the Summer Lovin' contest perfectly. It has never been published at Literotica and is 45K words. I've just reviewed the rules, and this is the only one of concern:

- All submissions must be stand-alone stories created for this contest theme. We will not accept individual chapters of a larger work submitted separately. If you have a multi-chaptered contest-themed submission, please submit all chapters together as one story submission.

I absolutely wouldn't want to dishonor the spirit of the contest rules. So re the rule above, would a story written several years ago, and which by coincidence, nicely fits this contest's guidelines, be okay to submit? Or must the story be one that has been freshly written for this contest?

My sense is, I shouldn't use it if it even hints at not 'fitting' the rules... :(

Thanks

Thanks for the great info and opinions about this -- I will go ahead and enter this one. IL
 
Mine's moving along nicely so far, closing in on 6k words. Feels as if it's going to be around 15k before I'm done. Seriously doubt it will be done for the kick-off, but hopefully I'll finish it before the submission period is over.
 
..................
 
Last edited by a moderator:
...

A reminder of what to write in the NOTES TO ADMIN field would be nice. Seriously, it took me a while to find out what it was when I first made this post and a reminder in the Support Thread would be nice.

OK:

Extract from Laurel's official contest post:

Author must copy and paste the phrase "SUMMER LOVIN CONTEST 2018" in the "Notes" field of the submission. You can submit any time from now on, so long as you put this message in the NOTES field.
 
If anyone needs a plot bunny, I have dozens trying to chew my ankles off. :eek:
 
I just got back from ten days of "camping" ( I still consider a popup trailer to be cheating).

The plot bunnies were everywhere, including:

- A young couple practicing bondage knots around their campfire circle one afternoon while I was fixing my trailer.. At first I wasn't sure they weren't just goofing around with some rope. I know a bit, but I'm no expert. When they got out a spreader bar and started arguing about knots for her ankles, I was sure. I was going to weigh in because she was advocating a knot known to jam. I just didn't know how to interrupt.

- The couple of my aquaintance who brought their eighteen or nineteen year old daughter and her University roommate. They are obviously gay and in love. They were inseparable and couldn't keep their hands off each other. The parents think it's nice that the girls are such good friends, and that their daughter has come out of her shell. Close. (I wish them well).

-The Narsisist. A very hot MILF who spent three hours at the pool, striking a pose in a very brief black bikini. It's kind of a family pool. A lot of dads, grandpas and uncles as well as every male there spent a lot of time near her. She was back three days in a row, and never swam

- I was near the shower house. One night I couldn't sleep, so I sat under my awning, in the dark, sipping whisky at two in the morning. I saw a man enter a shower. Then I saw a woman approach, knock in the door, and be admitted by the guy. I poured another and waited. They were forty minutes.

- New boobs. I've been coming to the same campground for years. You get to know people. At least two obvious boob jobs were on display. One was a damned shame, because her b-cups were really nice. The new ones look like unripe cantelopes. The other was a midlife crisis. She should have bought a convertible. I'll take a sixty year old with real titties in a Miata over one with bolt-ons any day.

- The tease. I think my wife was trying to drive me insane with lust. Short shorts. A really hot tankini. Sleepwear that barely covered her lovely butt. Accidental nudity. We were in a tent trailer, with our grandchild. There was no chance for so much as a hand job. Ok, I did bring my favourite cockring and a dose of Cialis, just in case. "Be Prepared". When we got home...

-The seduction of the oblivious guy. I had to tell a guy that a very nice woman didn't really need any help lighting her campfire. Her body language and constantly touching him clearly were giving him an opening to make the next move. He did complete the pass; her brought me beer on a hot afternoon, with his thanks.

- The impromptu wet t-shirt contest due to the torrential rains in Southern Ontario last week. So many outcomes...
 
New boobs. I've been coming to the same campground for years. You get to know people. At least two obvious boob jobs were on display. One was a damned shame, because her b-cups were really nice. The new ones look like unripe cantelopes. The other was a midlife crisis. She should have bought a convertible. I'll take a sixty year old with real titties in a Miata over one with bolt-ons any day.
"She should have bought a convertible." Lol.
 
That all sounds like more fun than I ever had camping.

Actually, me too. There must have been something in the air. Usually all I get is screaming kids and barking dogs.

"She should have bought a convertible." Lol.

Well, she didn't ask me, but that would have been my vote. :)

I forgot one: there was a very nice looking curvy woman in her late twenties at the pool. Lots of ink. Several visible peircings, the type Cosmo and it's ilk say shouldn't wear a bikini. She said "fuck off" to that bunch, and wore a brief white tie up bikini that barely covered her nipples. It was obvious that most men in the area appreciated her.

I'm going camping again in two weeks...
 
Two finished and ten more under construction. How many more will get finished is a crap shoot.
 
Two finished and ten more under construction. How many more will get finished is a crap shoot.

Keep on going! If you don't break any records, at least we'll still all get to enjoy the fruits of your labors. ;)

I'm down to my -final- scene. It's a steamy one. But then again, so was the one before. *wipes sweat from brow*
 
Then, by the law of averages, you should expect a tornado.

That's not impossible. Southwestern Ontario is the next highest tornado-prone area after the US Midwest. There was an F3 in August 2011. We could be due...

Next camping trip is just ahead of the long weekend.

I kept one plot bunny for myself. An Exhibitionist / Voyeur story, that I finished yesterday. I will post it today.
 
One in the hopper. Doing it to classical music in Rome, anyone?
 
Normally they advertise upcoming contests on the Literotica home page, but they seem to have made an exception for this one.
 
Normally they advertise upcoming contests on the Literotica home page, but they seem to have made an exception for this one.

Maybe Laurel's waiting for the contest to open. There isn't a lot of point to advertising it before people can read the stories.
 
Back
Top