Damn Cat's!

Ambrosious

Weaver of Written Worlds
Joined
Jun 10, 2000
Posts
6,346
The woman bent down to stroke her new kitten and collapsed. The pain she felt in her head was like nothing she had ever felt before. She originally thought that she had hit her head, but realized she had actually had a stroke. The fact that she was conscience, aware, and that her eyes were open gave way to the truth of the matter, she had suffered a stroke. She couldn’t move yet, nor did she want to. It hurt too much. She lied there on her carpet, fretting about the shape of her house and what the paramedics would think of her when they arrived.

Her kitten had blazed a path out of the room as the woman had fallen. You really can’t blame her; she had never seen anything remotely like a person collapsing in her entire 6 months on this earth. The kitten peeked into the living room when she felt it was safe and saw her caretaker and provider lying there, not moving. The kitten, whose name was Scratch, moved closer and closer to the woman. After a long process of moving a couple of inches and smelling the air over and over, Scratch moved close enough to pick up the woman’s scent. Something was wrong, the caretaker was sick. Scratch nuzzled the caretaker’s hand and started purring a song of confidence. It was the only way she could help.

Nora, the woman on the floor, couldn’t move anything. She was completely paralyzed and she was in intense pain. The only thing she could move, and with great effort, were her eyes. They also hurt as they were beginning to dry out. She must work up the energy to blink and soon. Concentrating on blinking, she didn’t notice Scratch nuzzling her for some time. She actually heard the buzzing first and thought initially that it must have been coming from her injured head. When she realized that it was Scratch, her eyes filled with tears, helping the dryness. Scratch must be scared, but the simple act of kindness the kitten was showing her made Nora swear to get better. After all, if anything happened to her, who would want Scratch?

With a heavy heart and tears in her eyes, Nora worked her hand muscles. She had to move her arm and press the emergency call button she wore on a chain around her neck. The pain she felt as the first of her muscles responded to her commands almost made her lose consciousness. Her arm overreacted, with the result being that Nora smacked Scratch with a good deal of force. Scratch knew that the caretaker did not mean to strike out at her and that next time she would move quicker. She was a cat after all! She had lightning fast reflexes! Scratch continued to nuzzle the caretaker’s hand for it seemed to be working. Nora’s arm twitched again, but Scratch was ready. With great agility, Scratch leaped into the air and avoided the brunt of the blow. Nora’s lips twitched in pain and in an attempt to smile.

After much struggling, Nora finally reached the call button on her neck and pushed it. She breathed a sigh of relief and lied still, her head pounding. She knew that the ambulance was on its way. Scratch sensed the change in the caretaker and curled up in the crook of her neck. She still purred as loud as she could. Her purring was very therapeutic. I mean, look what she accomplished! The paramedics found them in that position 14 minutes later. The ride to the hospital and the months following the episode were very hard on Scratch and Nora. Their reunion was tearful and bittersweet.

Nora recovered almost completely and her and Scratch are inseparable.

The meaning? None. Moral? Nope. Lesson? Take from it what you will.
 
That made me all misty eyed. My cat usually knows when I'm sick or down, and he's extra affectionate to me then. I can only hope if anything ever happened to me, he'd try to help out too.
 
I have two cats and a yard. Life used to be so hard... now everything is easier 'cause of you. ;)
 
Last edited:
Tabby

Much better. Just saying since I know you seek my approval and everything. *dry cough*


;)
 
What a wonderful story....

I have two cats. One of them is just a kitten. He followed me into the bathroom this morning, because he wanted to hang with mom. He got a little overzealous, though, because when I lifted the lid to the toilet, he jumped right up and *plop* into the water he went. Gave me one of the best laughs of my life.
 
Tabby432 said:
I have two cats and a yard. Life used to be so hard... now everything is easier 'cause of you. ;)



I have 5 cats........and I'm a male.




CH
 
as i read the story and i thought scratch was going to start eating nora ... i guess i have a twisted mind
 
*must resist*
*no eating pussy jokes*
*must leave now*
*oh god*
 
LOL, sexy girl, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Cynics of the world unite!
 
If I sleep longer than Claudius feels comfortable with, he'll freak out and walk over me crying and rousing me to satisfy his need to know that I am okay. Cat's are loving and great friends. I wish that people who think of cats in a bad light would realize that they are just different than dogs, but no less a wonderful compainion.
 
Who is Lisa and why is she concerned about my health?

Is she a nurse? Maybe she works for an HMO. That can't be it.

Thanks Lisa, and why didn't you ask about my teeth too? Oh, British, I forgot.
 
lol sorry ambrosious lisa's my gf ... private joke she was just being goofy :)
 
help

i need cat advice ... we have a cat and she MEOW'S louder then you would believe ... you can hear her in the house when shes all the way down the garden (she likes to announce shes coming) ... anyway shes never been on a set cycle of being fed we just feed her when she asks for it ... but the trouble is lately she seems to be asking for food ALOT and in the middle of the night meowing and waking people up (we never feed her in the night) ... im the only person that likes her in the family (she only snuggles and sits on my lap) ... how much food should cats eat ... shes very very small for a cat but she eats over a tin of food a day 400g size
 
Svedish_Chef said:
Kill it... Cats are bad

:eek: OMG! CHEFFIE!!!!
397db3f6771f5b26.gif
*hiss spit scratch n claw*

I never realized you were such and EVIL person! :eek:
 
awww Nooooo :( i like my cat im the only one that does :)

my mother would of given her away to another home i think ... but i like my cat

can anyone give me advice about how much food cats should eat (lisa doesnt really like cats so much)
 
Back
Top