The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not about to get in the middle of this topic of conversation... Too tired..

But my thought was just this, after reading Ice's post and others...

Perhaps (and again, I have not spoken to Ice about this at all).. his post is aimed more at the one's who take advantage of the system. We all know there are people who do that. Who have no right to be "claiming disability" or whatever just to collect a free paycheck, and hence use that money on beer, tattoos, and lottery tickets.

For me, those are the ones who piss me the hell off and who anger others, and make the system that is in place to help people who need it, look as if it is only providing for those "Losers"...

Just my quick two cents on what Ice wrote...
believe it or not, those individuals piss me off too because they give people like me a bad image.

LI.

I'm bored with you. I mean all these great things about you, that great body, the amazing cock, your ability to make so many of us breathless and wanting... and here it is wasted.

sigh How boring you are, anymore.

This is the second night that I've been forced into listening to you rant. Please.

Cock or GTFO.

What was your point? That, because you're blind, you deserved my money and I should feel good about it because it gave you a leg up in the world? Well. Fuck you. I don't. For every jackwagon like you that I paid for and got something out of, I paid for over a hundred that sat around doing bath salts and impregnating teenage girls.

Sorry, pal, if I don't feel like that's incentive enough to justify giving you a hand out.
no my point was that you have no idea what its like and couldn't function in my position.

Anyway, I'm done. The fact I'm arguing with a blind man hasn't escaped me.
what's my being blind have anything to do with my ability to argue? this above anything might have been the dumbest thing you've said all night? what the fuck?

I was actually quite amused by this conversation. Honestly, I don't follow politics. I'm getting to the point where I think I need to start. But. This is my gut feeling, without any real knowledge on either side of the issue.

I think I worked hard to get to where I was at. I've done relatively well, considering where I am in life, but I think I paid for that. I'm not white, and my parents weren't wealthy. Entertainment was banned from the house, and anything short of an A resulted in a beating. I went to a party school, but never saw a party. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had alcohol and I worked damn hard for the degrees in engineering I have.

I think people should be responsible for their own mistakes. If you decided to get pregnant while in school, and dropped out of high school, then you should also be expected to pay the price of not using birth control and irresponsibly bringing into this world a life you may or may not have the means to support.

If you decided to do drugs irresponsibly, get caught, get stuck with the record that goes with it, then you should pay the price of your stupidity.

If you decided to take on student loans, for a degree that had no job market, you need to accept the consequences of having a job where your degree was not necessary and your student loans might be heavier than you can sustain.

If you decided to overextend yourself, buy a house you can barely afford, not keep an emergency fund, lose your job, then the house? You deserved the consequences of your lack of foresight.

I don't particularly mind helping people that will help themselves. I'm not okay with helping idiots, or people who just want to be given the answer. Problem is, it's pretty hard to differentiate the two, and the idiots seem to eventually make us pay for it in some way or another.

You know... If Darwinism worked, intelligence would've been bred out of humanity by now.

P.s.
*And glad, I can walk around my house with my eyes closed, up and down the stairs, without bruises. Takes a little more thinking than normal, and I'm sure I'll stub a toe if i were sleepy. I'm liable to be blind some time later in my life, so I tried it. Just finished that walk around.

Last edited:
.... I should keep my trap shut when I know so little...
try it around something like downtown cleveland next... haha.

I wasn't saying that it was that difficult I've lived that way my whole life, I'm saying that someone that hasn't lived it really don't understand and should maybe be careful about passing judgements... I was overexagerating just a bit what can I say... I was pissed off.

No, you were good. And right. And softer than me, which I expected, given that you're a much gentler heart. But you were right. In so many ways. And right to feel that way.

I'm sorry you took it down but I get why.

We've always differed on how to approach these people.

I'm glad to see that we still have at least one small thing in common.

I wasn't saying that it was that difficult I've lived that way my whole life, I'm saying that someone that hasn't lived it really don't understand and should maybe be careful about passing judgements... I was overexagerating just a bit what can I say... I was pissed off.

You're an entitled douchebag. You could start there.

Sigh why does no one understand how to build a constructive debate.

I swear every time it always devolves into.

This is my oppinion, no one asked for it, but I'm shoving it down your throat anyway...

What? You're oppinion is stupid because...

You said my oppinion is stupid which hurts my feelings because I interpret your rebutal as you saying I am stupid, so to irrationally defend myself: you're stupid because...

What? there's no need to make things personal, Since you're stupid because...

No, you're stupid because...

(At this point no one remembers what the argument was supposed to be about anymore)

And repeat until the universe grows cold and implodes back in on itself without accomplishing anything or constructively supporting your initial assumption or bringing anyone over to your side of the issue.

I never even took debate class in school, and I can see it goes nowhere.

I think you're making a bit of a mistake in assuming, under any pretense, I was attempting to start or entertain a debate.

You should feel free to voice your opinion, actually.

Judgment is something that we do naturally. If we all stopped to try on everyone else's shoes, we'd never get anything done. If we bite our tongues to save other people's feelings, we'll never know how others think, and how to treat them according to what they think, because that's how we determine the people we actually want to interact with.

Ice is abrasive, he's blunt and he's very set in his opinions. Everyone else is too, they just jump on his back because he says what he feels. But what everyone seems to forget is that if they're intolerant of his opinion, then they aren't being quite as tolerant as they think they are.

Sure, disagree with him. But remember he has the right to do that as well.

I forget who it was, but they said "I don't agree with your opinion, but I'll defend to the death your right to have it."

I may not share any or all of Ice's points, or yours for that matter, but I respect the fact that you have an opinion. I'm with VT on the staying out of politics thing, mostly because it leads to depressing and/or inflammatory debate, much like the one that just happened (I say just happened as a turn-of-phrase, of course).

Sigh why does no one understand how to build a constructive debate.

I swear every time it always devolves into.

This is my oppinion, no one asked for it, but I'm shoving it down your throat anyway...

What? You're oppinion is stupid because...

You said my oppinion is stupid which hurts my feelings because I interpret your rebutal as you saying I am stupid, so to irrationally defend myself: you're stupid because...

What? there's no need to make things personal, Since you're stupid because...

(At this point no one remembers what the argument was supposed to be about anymore)

And repeat until the universe grows cold and implodes back in on itself without accomplishing anything or constructively supporting your initial assumption or bringing anyone over to your side of the issue.

I never even took debate class in school, and I can see it goes nowhere.
I liked this post, it made me laugh...

Judgment is something that we do naturally. If we all stopped to try on everyone else's shoes, we'd never get anything done. If we bite our tongues to save other people's feelings, we'll never know how others think, and how to treat them according to what they think, because that's how we determine the people we actually want to interact with.

Ice is abrasive, he's blunt and he's very set in his opinions. Everyone else is too, they just jump on his back because he says what he feels. But what everyone seems to forget is that if they're intolerant of his opinion, then they aren't being quite as tolerant as they think they are.

Sure, disagree with him. But remember he has the right to do that as well.

I forget who it was, but they said "I don't agree with your opinion, but I'll defend to the death your right to have it."

I may not share any or all of Ice's points, or yours for that matter, but I respect the fact that you have an opinion. I'm with VT on the staying out of politics thing, mostly because it leads to depressing and/or inflammatory debate, much like the one that just happened (I say just happened as a turn-of-phrase, of course).
oh I agree with you, I think he has his right to his opinion, just as I had my right to be angry with and disagree with his opinion. and I think things just spiraled out of control from there... on both sides... I'm not sure who started the name calling first, but when it got to that point... to be honest we both lost.

Yeah. Well I didn't want to come off as a pompous idiot when I really have zero understanding of their ramifications. It's better to hold your tongue and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Yeah. Well I didn't want to come off as a pompous idiot when I really have zero understanding of their ramifications. It's better to hold your tongue and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
I agreed with your original post... especially when it came to those that take advantage of the system... I dislike hanging out with much of the disabled community because so many of them have a this world owes me something mentality. Yet there are others who do not.

If there was a better way for me to do things than the things I've done to this point I would have gladly taken it...

I think you're making a bit of a mistake in assuming, under any pretense, I was attempting to start or entertain a debate.

Heh, Maybe you're right, L.I., I was assuming I knew what your motivations in stating what you did were, I could very well be wrong in that.

Shrugs...well, its getting late, I've said what I wanted to say...Good night.

Heh, Maybe you're right, L.I., I was assuming I knew what your motivations in stating what you did were, I could very well be wrong in that.

Shrugs...well, its getting late, I've said what I wanted to say...Good night.
goodnight, sir.

*yawns* Is this conversation still going on? Fair enough.

I'm a railroad conductor employed independently by the #2 agricultural processing center in the world. They grossed a 750 million dollar PROFIT in a quarter. Yet I'm paid $11/hr, far below the going wage for railroad employees, haven't received a single raise in 4 yrs. I've never been on Welfare, Food Stamps, or any other government program. Hell I've never even seen the inside of a food shelf.

FACT: The rich just LOVE to tread on the skulls of the working class. Its called "increasing their profit margin." While plenty, NOT ALL, dodge the same taxes they whine and complain about.

Maybe its your penance to pay out to entitlement programs when most of you can't take care of the good employees you DO have.

*grins* Oh, and I used to manage a mortgage firm before I got this job. Lost that understandably when the industry crashed. But I thoroughly enjoyed fucking over the millionaire owner by calling the IRS on him when he decided his best option would be to fuck me out of my unemployment benefits when he wanted to save a buck and increase his "profit margin." Tax dodger of course. Very fun to see him run in circles and try and get out of that one once the bloodhounds were on his trail. Cost him a full facility. Was great.

Love that people talk about spending money that's not theirs. How's my Social Security money I've paid in doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back