Humiliation in public

Bette_coquette

Really Experienced
I'm going on a cruise in a few months. There is a discussion on another board I visit that is talking about a husband/wife couple that had some kind of bet. He lost. Now she is making him wear a thong and bikini top as well as pink nail polish during the days they are in port at a beach as well as "by the main pool on sea days around 7am to get prime lounges by the pool". The nail polish will be worn 24/7. This, in my mind, is nothing more than a week of public humiliation for the husband. She has stated that the husband will enjoy this (I mean really, what submissive wouldn't?).

My concern is this behavior is being conducted in a public place in which children of all ages as well as elderly (as in my parents' age and likely not into the BDSM scene) will be present. I find it appalling that anyone would submit the public at large to such antics.

What are your thoughts? Discuss.

P.S. Totally great to be among all of you!

I don't think a man wearing nail polish is generally that objectionable to the public. Lots of men wear polish these days.

Not the nail polish, but a women's thong bathing suit. Maybe he'll just appear as a cross-dresser. Ya think?

He will certainly get a lot of stares but I doubt anyone cares enough to be offended?

I really hate being confronted with other people's weird sex when I am not looking for it.

And I hate it when someone thinks it's funny to mock women by "humiliating" a man this way. As Iggy Pop said, "I'm not ashamed to dress like a woman because there's nothing shameful in being a woman" but these people are operating from that principle.

In any case, I'm betting that they will be asked to leave.

In any case, I'm betting that they will be asked to leave.
g.gif

Ahh, I miss Netzach.

She always had the best stories of humiliation that flew under the radar. Or at least scenarios that weren't perceived as someone's sex life on parade.

It's just obnoxious.

I think the #1 rule for play should be only minimal public display. Not because of the humiliation for him but not to offend those who are not involved in your kink.

Others may have paid several thousands of dollars to take the cruise and deserve not to be offended.

Quite honestly I really don't care what and how you play in private but there are thing you may love that I don't want to see.

In this specific case were I into that I might put him in a slightly too small pink Speedo and the pink nail polish. A little strange but not overly so.

That way she would have the control, he would be humiliated and most of the public would only think what a weirdo. Then maybe I'm way too kink tolerant.

Mike

I really don't care what and how you play in private but there are thing you may love that I don't want to see.
g.gif

Not only will people be offended, he is very likely to have trouble ranging from verbal abuse to people throwing things at him all the way to someone calling security on board.

And yes, there will be children there. So I'm against this sort of thing. Nail polish is low key enough to not be a problem. A woman's thong suit is NOT.

My husband wears a speedo and sometimes gets abused for it. He wears it because it's more comfortable for him. He looks damn good in it too, IMO. I can only imagine how much worse it would be in a ladies thong swim suit.

FF

:rose:

Curious - what is the big deal of kids or anyone, for that matter, seeing a guy in a thong? It's just an ass.

Curious - what is the big deal of kids or anyone, for that matter, seeing a guy in a thong? It's just an ass.

And a bikini top. And nail polish. All of it pink.

the context becomes unmistakeable-- especially nowadays when pink is marketed so aggressively to young girls. Not to say-- the only color they can get.

Ponyslave (I love that name) I can see that you don't have kids.
I'd be pissed if that was around my kid and if it was real bad I'd do something about it.
Humilation I don't have a problem with.
When you present your kink to the public that doesn't what to be exsposed to it that is what gives kinky sex a bad reputation.
I'm a kinky fuck but I keep it private or I go to places like a bars that has a bondage night or somthing like that to play at.
You exspose my kid to that sort of thing and there is going to be a problem.
I live a vinilla life in the public.
Don't be a creep.
In your own house or places were it is exceptable go at it.
Sure I've done some crazy shit in regular drinking bars too but no kids were around.
Not in front of kids period!

The big deal is that "anyone" and particularly kids didn't consent to be part of their kink. This sort of blatant spectacle is therefore not okay.

:eek:

The big deal is that "anyone" and particularly kids didn't consent to be part of their kink. This sort of blatant spectacle is therefore not okay.

As well as being part of the overall problem of the perception that kinksters do NOT respect boundaries of anyone. If we insert ourselves blatantly into another's time/space in this manner, how can we expect the public at large to believe that we follow safe/sane/consensual in our private play?

I don't have kids so maybe it makes it more difficult for me to see the issue from that point of view. I have mixed feelings on this. Understandably, subjecting outsiders will make people uncomfortable and cause children to ask questions. If the couple were having sex in public, I would get it - but this isn't blatant sexual activity in my book. From the outside, how is it any different from seeing a cross-dresser? Or seeing a woman wearing a corset or dog collar in public? Is it because, this guy is showing too much skin?

I don't have kids so maybe it makes it more difficult for me to see the issue from that point of view. I have mixed feelings on this. Understandably, subjecting outsiders will make people uncomfortable and cause children to ask questions. If the couple were having sex in public, I would get it - but this isn't blatant sexual activity in my book. From the outside, how is it any different from seeing a cross-dresser? Or seeing a woman wearing a corset or dog collar in public? Is it because, this guy is showing too much skin?

I think it comes do to respect for others. If a guy is walking down the street in a dress I can field my sons questions at my own time, maybe in the car or something. On a cruise is a confined space for a display like that. The other thing is a " crowd mentality". A few people are not harmful, a lot of people are. Who knows if some guy is a homophobe who takes a look and starts swinging? It would probably scar a lot of children to see a fight on their vacation.
I think it was Chris Rock that said one person is smart. Some people together gets confused. A crowd of people are stupid.

I didn't consent to be subjected to Rick Santorum's political agenda yet he makes blatant spectacles of himself everyday.

I don't consent to seeing parents put leashes on their children or let them run around the grocery store unattended.

I don't consent to people treating gay people as second class citizens.

I'm still subjected to these things everyday.

This couple is not asking others or children to participate. They are not breaking any laws. They are living their lifestyle - as long as they stick within these parameters, they shouldn't be condemned to the bedroom. You can't shield others from things just because they may be uncomfortable with it.

I think it comes do to respect for others. If a guy is walking down the street in a dress I can field my sons questions at my own time, maybe in the car or something. On a cruise is a confined space for a display like that. The other thing is a " crowd mentality". A few people are not harmful, a lot of people are. Who knows if some guy is a homophobe who takes a look and starts swinging? It would probably scar a lot of children to see a fight on their vacation.
I think it was Chris Rock that said one person is smart. Some people together gets confused. A crowd of people are stupid.

These things can happen anywhere regardless if BDSM is involved!

That's really interesting to me, that you don't get it.
I didn't consent to be subjected to Rick Santorum's political agenda yet he makes blatant spectacles of himself everyday.

I don't consent to seeing parents put leashes on their children or let them run around the grocery store unattended.

This couple is not asking others or children to participate. They are not breaking any laws. They are living their lifestyle - as long as they stick within these parameters, they shouldn't be condemned to the bedroom. You can't shield others from things just because they may be uncomfortable with it.
Those comparisons are good examples of what we call "concern trolling" where you offer examples of awful stuff to imply that a bad stuff isn't so awful. Which is true. Santorum is far worse than someone parading his sex life in the public eye.

but I could offer you worse things elsewhere in the world than the examples you've given.

Thing is, "sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof" and we are talking about one particular problem right now.

yes, they are asking other people to be spectators to a sexually charged spectacle, one that is not common in our society.

I'm kinky as fuck, and a guy in a pink thong and bra would amuse me -- has amused me, often-- at a play party.

Not on a cruise.

These things can happen anywhere regardless if BDSM is involved!

Very true. I guess I'm just of the mentality don't borrow spectacle. Bedroom play is bedroom play. Leave it in the bedroom. Don't bring it on a Family cruise ship unless it is a BDSM themed cruise.

So are you saying that it is right to treat gay people as second class citizens? I don't think so. Just because these things happen does not make them right. There is a time and place for kink and out in the public on a cruise is not the right place. Some people just do not have any commen sense or respect for other people.

I guess I just don't see this as bedroom play or parading their sex life. To an outsider, this man could just look like a cross-dresser - not an outward display of BDSM. That's more what I'm saying - my opinion would be different if the woman was dressed in black leather, parading the guy around on all fours with a leash and a riding crop in hand.

Sweety, he doesn't look like a cross dresser-- he looks like a man wearing nothing but women's bra and thong in public. :confused:

The public don't really approve of women wearing nothing but their undies in public, either. No woman, or real CD that I know, would do that in any place that they didn't know for sure was safe.

You can tune out of the television and choose not to read the articles on Rick Santorum.

You mentioned seeing a cross dresser with a child. My experience as a parent and grandparent is that is not likely to raise more than a casual question. Children are pretty blase about things like that when it is random and just in passing.

Seeing an adult in fetish type display in a confined area such as cruise, day after day, is an entirely different matter. If they wish to do this on a cruise, at a minimum they should do it on an adults only ship, and even then it is crossing a border in my opinion. A family friendly cruise? No way. The families have paid for a vacation and to be subjected to this is wrong. Plain and simple. Thongs are blatantly sexual, in my opinion and this crosses a line. If it was me and my grandchildren? I would be demanding something be done or I receive a refund for having to remove my family from the display.

Back