Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like this job is allowing you to actually work in your field instead of babysitting the office like the last one.

It's screwing with the rest of my life. I don't get to the gym or kung fu class when I want anymore, I'm late for dinner with my father before poker, I'm exhausted and stressed out. I like being the office guy while others go out into the field. That works for me. Being the field guy while others get to sit in the office makes me very jealous. I can't wait to get my raise early next month so I can start looking for a new job again.

~The seagulls on our coasts are more like plundering pirates; especially if you have a bag of chips in hand. There's a photo of me somewhere having my chip taken away by a very large gull.

And they swoop for ice cream in cones. Scares the kiddies.

And now I have to go to Philadelphia for a week to measure a hotel along with three other guys.

And now I have to go to Philadelphia for a week to measure a hotel along with three other guys.

I seem to recall your observation a while ago about mot having the opportunity to find a woman or two. Surely travelling in a wider area gives you some scope for that ?
(unless you are in an office full of attractive women, of course).
:)
PS. It might make for a good plot bunny, too!

We are having a very boring vacation. The PAUL BUNYAN DAYS festival on the Mendocino coast is... tedious. At least the weather is cool here, better than broiling back home. Our choices: Head for home and lay around in the heat, or lay around in the cool here for another few days and then head home.

But I can advise this: Eat at the CLIFF HOUSE restaurant (south end of the Noyo Harbor bridge on Hwy 1) any non-holiday between 4-6pm. Choose two excellent dinner entrees and a bottle of decent wine for US$30 plus tax. Best deal in town. Great views of the cove and ocean, too.

There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh.
Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.
Life is too short to be anything but happy.
Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.
:heart:

Yesterday morning I was out on the back porch. Around ten it started to sprinkle rain, then the bottom fell out for a few minutes. After that was an hour or so of soft soaking rain. then the rain stopped, the hummingbirds returned to fighting over the feeder. Three fat fluffy Finches tried to perch on the bird feeder at once.

My cat lay on the plant ledge less than a foot from them, the only thing moving is her eyes and the tip of her tail. The cat knows she can't get to them because of the screen and the Finches know it also. But the cat has to reach out and pat the screen ever so often to make sure its still there.

Today the sun is bright and the heat will soon run me back into the air conditioning and the birds back to the forest shade.

Yesterday morning I was out on the back porch. Around ten it started to sprinkle rain, then the bottom fell out for a few minutes. After that was an hour or so of soft soaking rain. then the rain stopped, the hummingbirds returned to fighting over the feeder. Three fat fluffy Finches tried to perch on the bird feeder at once.

My cat lay on the plant ledge less than a foot from them, the only thing moving is her eyes and the tip of her tail. The cat knows she can't get to them because of the screen and the Finches know it also. But the cat has to reach out and pat the screen ever so often to make sure its still there.

Today the sun is bright and the heat will soon run me back into the air conditioning and the birds back to the forest shade.

Damned good image of the cat, Tx. Thanks.

Woo hoo! Both kids in school, both for a full day. If I had a margarita, I'd have one to celebrate!

It's time to pack up and go home; end of what passes for a vacation. From the Mendocino coast, through the wine country of the Anderson and Russian River and Sonoma valleys, across the great Central Valley and past Sacramento, up into the hot Sierra Nevada mountains and the smoky fallout from numerous forest fires. Back to responsibilities. Back to a familiar bed. Ciao.

We cannot find my son's binder today. I have looked everywhere, including under furniture and in the pantry. I am baffled.

If anyone knows where it is, please let me know.

We cannot find my son's binder today. I have looked everywhere, including under furniture and in the pantry. I am baffled.

If anyone knows where it is, please let me know.

To quote my ole' Dad many years ago "Where did you/he have it last?"

To quote my ole' Dad many years ago "Where did you/he have it last?"

Found it -- it was in a back pocket of the backpack that none of us really noticed. But I'm glad to know that it actually wasn't here while I was looking all over the place and not finding it.

Today I went to town (25 mountain miles away) for my monthly blood test. I hope I pass. Again.

I'm off to an old Abbey today; armed with both my camera and fishing rod.
And I caught another bream the other day.
Ah - peace. . . .

HOW TO BANKRUPT A COUNTRY

...Until this year, Naftogaz [the state-owned Ukranian natural gas monopoly] has bought gas from Russia or produced it domestically and then sold it to consumers for a fraction of the cost -- a politically expedient practice that has made Ukraine one of the least energy-efficient countries in the world and drained the state treasury.

About one third of Ukrainian households pay 30 hryvnia ($2.40) a month for unlimited gas use...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...-on-russia-s-gazprom-in-race-with-winter.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back