The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Summer Lovin' Contest Support Thread

So ... I'm working on an idea for Summer Lovin' that is inspired by a short story by a famous author.

Should I write at the beginning ... "Inspired by ..." or is that not necessary and if people get the homage, they get it, and if they don't, they don't.

Here’s another brilliant post from the A.I.R. contest thread (#2177) made by the texas ALT known as the BowlfulBard. Something I’m sure this ALT would love to have us share with you on the oggy/tigergirl thread. Enjoy!
image.php
9559064.jpg

When will you admit that A.I.R. is fake?

Of course the real question is when will this ALTS master – the Texan who created this BowlfulBard - be man enough to admit to his ownership of this creature?

So ... I'm working on an idea for Summer Lovin' that is inspired by a short story by a famous author.

Should I write at the beginning ... "Inspired by ..." or is that not necessary and if people get the homage, they get it, and if they don't, they don't.

I feel like scouries distracted folks from my question. So I'm re-asking. :)

I hate to waffle, but I don't think it matters, unless it matters a lot to you. I've written stories inspired by songs, and noted it at the end, but I don't know that it makes much difference to the readers. If I've never heard of the short story that inspired your story, then it won't add much to the experience, although it might make me curious to go read that story.

Either way is fine. I'd probably lean toward referencing it to add another dimension to the story.

like scouries distracted folks from my question. So I'm re-asking.

I would reference it at the beginning.
Otherwise you'll get ridiculous comments at the end saying, "You're just ripping off..."
That happened to me once.

My last story, in the last contest, was based on a news story so I just mentioned that it was a fictionalized version of the actual story, and a lot of the negative posts were avoided.
It was called Distracting the Neighbor

like scouries distracted folks from my question. So I'm re-asking.

I would reference it at the beginning.
Otherwise you'll get ridiculous comments at the end saying, "You're just ripping off..."
That happened to me once.

My last story, in the last contest, was based on a news story so I just mentioned that it was a fictionalized version of the actual story, and a lot of the negative posts were avoided.
It was called Distracting the Neighbor

This is another aspect I want to avoid. I don't want people who might recognize the story to think I'm trying to rip it off and pass it off as my own idea.

Thanks for the feedback, folks!

Here’s another brilliant post from the A.I.R. contest thread (#2182) made by the texas ALT known as the BowlfulBard. Something I’m sure this ALT would love to have us share with you on the oggy/tigergirl thread. Enjoy!

image.php
9559064.jpg

A.I.R. is a fake association organising fake contests. Please note that this parody is not authorized by Literotica. ScouriesWorld is no one other than scouries! Don't let his (FUCK YES, IT'S A HE!)AV FOOL YOU!

Of course the real question is when will his ALTS master – the texan who created this pitiful little BowlfulBard - be man enough to admit to his ownership of this creature?

A Question.

I found myself at a certain E.F. Turner's FB page, courtesy of PennLady's sig.

I suspect that a story published by her has been ripped off from a Lit user's story (Stultus, if you should know). Can I do anything or do I just sit on my hands?

I found myself at a certain E.F. Turner's FB page, courtesy of PennLady's sig.

I suspect that a story published by her has been ripped off from a Lit user's story (Stultus, if you should know). Can I do anything or do I just sit on my hands?

My sig? How'd that happen?

Anyway, can you give us some more info? Where did you see this? We just went through a whole thing with Turner, who'd stolen tons of stories and had them on Amazon, Smashwords, etc. SW cut her off, I think, and Amazon took down nearly everything except what appears to be her own stuff. Anyway, where you saw it might impact what to do next, although if you can, you might to go Stultus' profile and send email if you can.

My sig? How'd that happen?

Anyway, can you give us some more info? Where did you see this? We just went through a whole thing with Turner, who'd stolen tons of stories and had them on Amazon, Smashwords, etc. SW cut her off, I think, and Amazon took down nearly everything except what appears to be her own stuff. Anyway, where you saw it might impact what to do next, although if you can, you might to go Stultus' profile and send email if you can.

The link to her page is through your blog. Your blog's link is through yous sig. That's how.

Sorry for confusing.

I have to read the whole story before accusing her of plagiarism. It's related to a Billionaire's marriage and reality TV. I've read the same story written by Stultus, so that thing caught my eye.

I don't know if he's still active or not. And I want to make sure if it's the exact same story or not before harassing him with my email.

The link to her page is through your blog. Your blog's link is through yous sig. That's how.

Sorry for confusing.

I have to read the whole story before accusing her of plagiarism. It's related to a Billionaire's marriage and reality TV. I've read the same story written by Stultus, so that thing caught my eye.

I don't know if he's still active or not. And I want to make sure if it's the exact same story or not before harassing him with my email.

LOL Okay. I knew my blog link was there. No problem.

Yeah, definitely worth looking at closely. She'd taken one of my stories and changed the name but left everything else the same. I think lovecraft68 has suggested searching for phrases after the first page or so; I guess people are more likely to change the initial stuff, if they change anything, on the idea that people won't look much further than that.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I hope it's just a coincidence.

Here’s another brilliant post from the A.I.R. contest thread (#2189) made by the texas ALT known as the BowlfulBard. Something I’m sure this ALT would love to have us share with you on the oggy/tigergirl thread (in the interest of THREAD management and esthetics I've reduced the size of the ALTS spewings) . Enjoy!
image.php
9559064.jpg

This thread for the fake association has been started in 2011.

Phew! That's a long time and any thread with gifs and pics can garner that amount of views, if not higher.

The official Contest support thread has been there for a mere few weeks and it has already garnered thousand views. Unlike your stale, all-purpose, perennial thread, the official thread is only dedicated to a single contest in a year.

I hope, although I know that's impossible, that beats some sense into your brains.

Still, I think we're deviating from the topic-

A.I.R. IS FAKE.
Of course the real question is when will this ALTS master – the texan who created this pitiful little BowlfulBard - be man enough to admit to his ownership of this creature?

All of you gals and guys submitting for the contest are worthy of my applause.

I've never managed to stick to a writing schedule. I guess that I like to take my own time for any story.

I had already written a 36 page story, but I didn't find it satisfactory and pulled down half of it.

Oh well...someday...:D

Of course, theBowlfulbard is fake and doesn't even exist 'coz there's only TheSoulfulBard. :D

Bump

back to page 1

I hope the lack of activity here means you're all busy writing summer erotica :)

back to page 1

I hope the lack of activity here means you're all busy writing summer erotica :)

Nope. Still finishing a multi-parter and a story for a different contest with an earlier deadline.

Ideas floating around, but that's about it.

back to page 1

I think it's more of a function of the Loooong stretch of foreplay this thread represents before the contest. I wrote my summer entry months ago. Now thinking about the Winter contest; already have the Halloween contest written as well. There's only so much you can say about progress of something written months ago. Other than, I guess, the "wonder where I put that" post. But I posted that one here weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back