I love older men

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other girls like me, who totally are into older guys. But I'm also into ASSEERTIVE guys....so if you were just sitting on the sideline, not willing to take a chance, you would totally blow any chance with me

I guess I should clarify, the last few times I was out with this particular group all the women that were around showed much more interest in the younger guys. If there had been one that looked like she would have been open to being approached by an older man then I would have taken the chance to get closer to them. While none of them glared at me I could tell I was not someone that they were interested in so I figured it would be a waste of time to approach them, that's why I chose to sit on the sidelines.

Smile, well one does risk having ones face slapped if you make a wrong judgement. So before
making an "approach" one looks for little signs of encouragement, a smile, a wink, a touch.

I have the experience to know not to do the wrong thing, after all I am a dirty old man. ;)

I agree with most of the comments made here. I think it comes down to respect. If I show you this, regardless of my age, I will get it back. Then maybe get to know you and go from there.

Right On ...

I don't need a man's money. I've earned my own and provided for myself...and I find your post and your perpetuation of an insulting stereotype to be both disgusting and superlatively unsexy. I guess I'll go find a less cynical man with whom I can share my not-inconsequential wealth.

{{{APPLAUSE}}} It is more ones personality and attitude that is attractive. :)

Yes ...

On the creepy thing, I honestly don't see why the age difference is such a big deal. I went out with friends a few nights ago, and there was a guy not much older than us, who made us feel a lot more 'creeped out' than any older man has before. Definitely just depends on the individual.

it certainly is. :)

Wow......after reading this thread from the last day or so I am almost afraid to go out and even LOOK at a younger woman. The last thing I want to do is be creepy, I like women and I do look, but most of the truly hot women that I see when I am out are in that 20 to 30 year age range. I am 54 and you guys are making it seem like I would come across as a creepy old perv if I were to try to approach one of them.

Guess I will confine myself to just looking from now on :(

How have you gotten that message from what's been said here?

That's all well and good......except I am just a blue collar guy.....no extra money to be had here :(

So again, I will just go back to lurking and looking......admiring from a safe distance.....out of range of fists and legs:D

It doesn't matter....the money comment was asinine anyway. I'd rather be with a strong, outdoor-type, resourceful guy than some white-collar pansy any day.

I was merely pointing out that the way people were suddenly talking if I were to see an attractive young lady at a bar then if I tried to approach her I would come across as creepy.......that seems like a 180 from what was stated when the thread started......but if I am going to come off as creepy then I will sit on the sidelines.....been there so long now I am kind of used to it anyway.

You just need to flirt the right way. Go up and get a drink, say "Hi, how are you?" then look at her, smile, and walk away. You threw it out there, it wasn't creepy, and you left the ball in her court.

"Hey there honey, how about you come have a drink at my table?" *wink, wink* is being a creeper.

Be subtle....it's not lost on us. At least not on the "us's" worth having....

I find that when I'm away on work assignments and a stranger in a much bigger city, it is much easier to relate to women of any age in a relaxed way.

And that - precisely - is the material point. Be natural. Be relaxed. If it happens, it happens....if it's not happening, being "desperate" makes you a creeper.

I don't hop in bed with random people....I make deliberate and calculated choices. If I'm working with someone, and I get to know him, and I'm attracted to him....age be damned.

Smile, well one does risk having ones face slapped if you make a wrong judgement. So before
making an "approach" one looks for little signs of encouragement, a smile, a wink, a touch.

I have the experience to know not to do the wrong thing, after all I am a dirty old man. ;)

Being older doesn't give you license to abandon common sense and start thinking with your dick.

FLIRT - don't chase. Say "hello," smile, and walk away. She'll get the message....if she comes after you once you've given her the look....you're good to go.

And don't go touching until she makes a move. Trust me on this. That applies to any age.

Good morning everyone! It's been a little while since I've been here. Alot of travel this month....

Does everyone have their caffeine injection?

On the creepy thing, I honestly don't see why the age difference is such a big deal. I went out with friends a few nights ago, and there was a guy not much older than us, who made us feel a lot more 'creeped out' than any older man has before. Definitely just depends on the individual.

Yes it does........creepy is not age specific.........:cool:

Being older doesn't give you license to abandon common sense and start thinking with your dick.

FLIRT - don't chase. Say "hello," smile, and walk away. She'll get the message....if she comes after you once you've given her the look....you're good to go.

And don't go touching until she makes a move. Trust me on this. That applies to any age.

Great post Grace............

But I hope that being older has...... "Being older doesn't give you license to abandon common sense and start thinking with your dick"......given us the wisdom to understand this...........lets hope........;)

Grace and CB, I agree with just about everything you've said, but unfortunately it isn't so much about you, as about the attitudes of our society, which are reflected even here at Lit, as shown by the quotes below.

No that would icky. Just the same as if a 50 yr old tried picking up a 25 year old would be creepy.

I agree that much older people picking up 18-mid twenties is creepy... But I think minds should meet before bodies;)

Would it be creepy if a 25 year old woman tried to pick up a 50 year old, or a 30 > 60?
Let's not forget some young (and I emphasize some) women can be pretty pervy... and might I add, I don't mind a bit.

That feels creepy too...but one night stands(implied with pick up) are just not me...
Like I said, I'm a meeting of the minds before a meeting of the bodies sort of person...

And this attitude toward mixed age lovers is far more prevalent than your own more open points of view are. Which makes it very hard for a sincere older man to approach a younger woman, especially with the sort of assertiveness that CB prefers, and especially in a smaller community, because one small error in judgment about what a flirt or a seductive look really meant gets blown way out of proportion when the error comes from an older man.

Just saying -- it's not as easy as it may appear from your perspective for an older guy to be given some respect.

Grace and CB, I agree with just about everything you've said.

Interesting....because a lot of what we've said is contradictory.

And this attitude toward mixed age lovers is far more prevalent than your own more open points of view are. Which makes it very hard for a sincere older man to approach a younger woman, especially with the sort of assertiveness that CB prefers, and especially in a smaller community, because one small error in judgment about what a flirt or a seductive look really meant gets blown way out of proportion when the error comes from an older man.

*smiling* Here's the thing. Why do you want a young woman? You shouldn't. You should want a partner who you're attracted to...regardless of age. The funny thing about small communities is that they remember things....if you're consistently chasing women who are considerably younger than you, you're going to earn a reputation as a "creep" or a cradle-robber. If you date women of various ages....that's unlikely to be the case. I tend to date men around my own age, but my last relationship was with a 46 year old. The reaction of my friends, family, and community (which is small) was "Hey Grace - he's a nice guy." If he continues on his way and suddenly starts dating multiple women of my age or younger, people will talk about him.

Just saying -- it's not as easy as it may appear from your perspective for an older guy to be given some respect.
That's because respect isn't given - it's earned.

Last edited:
You just need to flirt the right way. Go up and get a drink, say "Hi, how are you?" then look at her, smile, and walk away. You threw it out there, it wasn't creepy, and you left the ball in her court.

Drinking my coffee and saying "Hi, how are you" to all the lovely ladies of this thread. :rose:
Now walking away.

Interesting....because a lot of what we've said is contradictory.

*smiling* Here's the thing. Why do you want a young woman? You shouldn't. You should want a partner who you're attracted to...regardless of age. The funny thing about small communities is that they remember things....if you're consistently chasing women who are considerably younger than you, you're going to earn a reputation as a "creep" or a cradle-robber. If you date women of various ages....that's unlikely to be the case. I tend to date men around my own age, but my last relationship was with a 46 year old. The reaction of my friends, family, and community (which is small) was "Hey Grace - he's a nice guy." If he continues on his way and suddenly starts dating multiple women of my age or younger, people will talk about him.

That's because respect isn't given - it's earned.

Grace, you make a lot of assumptions about me.. Not sure why, but here are some facts. I've been married to the love of my life for thirteen years. We have fantastic sex. She is eight years my junior. We have an open relationship, a love that is grand enough to not be threatented by either of us finding someone else interesting. I flirt with women of all ages. I love and respect women of all ages.

But none of that changes the reality that our society and the majority of the people in it have a huge bias against an older man and a younger woman hanging out together. The creepy comes into the picture before there's any chance to know who the participants are.

Psst Grace...*keeps glancing at the hot gentleman who said hi*...now you need to teach me what to do with the damn ball...

Smile. Eye contact. (those two go a long way)

If you want him to come over....look at him a few times, smile, and "invite" with your body language.

or...if you're the more assertive type....

Go tell him you've never tried whatever beer he's drinking and ask if it's any good. Or...ask for a light if you smoke. Or....ask about the game on TV.....nothing too personal because women can sound like creeps too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back