Miscellaneous political debris

*watching SNL episode*

A woman manages to date both the man that brutalized a doctor on United Airlines flight, and the man behind the Pepsi commercial, that hijacked, polluted, and perverted an iconic image from Black Lives Matter.

April 4, 2017

"Pepsi has an idea: a can of soda, with a Kendall Jenner twist."

"The company's new ad manages to achieve a startling level of tone-deafness by casting Jenner — yes, Kim Kardashian West's younger sister — as a high-fashion model who bravely whips off her blond wig to join a throng of protesters and ultimately bridge the divide with white male police."

The cop opens the drink and takes a sip to the wild applause of the crowd. Then he raises his eyebrows at his buddy, as if to say, hey, these guys aren't so bad! They shared their soda with us!

Now back to that image from the real-life protest in Baton Rouge.

There are a few notable differences between what happens in the Pepsi ad and what happened to Evans. For starters, Evans was arrested. And unlike the real-life officers in riot gear in Louisiana, the suspiciously good-looking cops in Pepsi's rendition are clad in baseball caps and short-sleeved shirts.



http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-pepsi-ad-kendall-jenner-20170404-story.html

On Sunday, dozens of protesters were arrested in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where a black man was killed by police last Tuesday

11 July 2016

Black Lives Matter protest

In an atmosphere of heightened racial tension, and amid growing debate over the seeming militarisation of American police, one photo has stood out.

The image shows Ieshia Evans, a young woman in a dress standing calmly in front of two police officers wearing layers of armour, and appearing to approach her in a hurry

The demonstration, organised by the civil rights group Black Lives Matter, took place days after police killed Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge.

AP reported that the woman in the photograph was grabbed by officers after refusing to move off the road.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36759711

S.N.L. Nails Pepsi’s Tone-Deaf Kendall Jenner Commercial

April 9, 2017


The social media backlash against the ad was swift, and Pepsi issued a hurried apology on Twitter after pulling the ad.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/04/snl-nails-tone-deaf-pepsi-kendall-jenner-commercial

Bachman’s photo, the two officers are frozen in time just at the moment they reach the young woman. It’s almost as if they are about to hug her.

But they didn’t.

And therein lies the photo’s tragic power.

“Possibly the most poignant thing about this photo is that if you look just below where their hands meet you can see a literal divide in the road,” wrote Lauren Francis, a particularly keen-eyed commenter. “Simply a random crack in the earth, but boy it speaks volumes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...aton-rouge-goes-viral/?utm_term=.e8e0d2099797


New video shows that Alton Sterling didn't pull gun on police

July 6, 2016

One of the officers yelled "Gun!" and ordered Sterling not to move before Officer Blane Salamoni — identified by a source with knowledge of the incident as the shooter — fired from point-blank range.


Baton Rouge station WAFB-TV obtained the dispatch tapes from before and after the shooting early Tuesday outside a convenience store.

“Suspicious Code 2 gun in his pocket,” the police dispatcher said prior to the cops’ arrival. “He pulled a gun on a complainant, told him he couldn’t be around there.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-shows-didn-pull-gun-police-article-1.2701540

At the time, Louisiana U.S. Representative Cedric Richmond called the video footage “deeply troubling” and implored the U.S. Justice Department “to conduct a full and transparent investigation.” A civil-rights investigation began on July 7, 2016, just two days after the shooting.

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2017/05/alton-sterling-case-no-charges/525180/
 
My favorite mistake-

"...my favorite bit of alt-right bullshit from recent days. Here an enterprising (Right Wing Extremist) propagandist reuses a picture from a Cleveland rally in order to “prove” that some of the white supremacists protesting in Boston last weekend were black women. Not so fast, ironically-named “TruthInGovernment.”


gsgs comment- if you are determined to lie about the rally in Boston, why use a photograph from Ohio ?

It clearly reads as- WELTY Cleveland's Construction Manager.

Because it is a joke, no wait its a prank, it is trolling, no, wait, it is the truth, despite evidence to the contrary ?


http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2...lt-rightists-lie-about-everything/#more-28592
 
funny-church-signs-twitter-coverimage.jpg
 
NBC in ‘total panic’ as Megyn Kelly attracts only old white people after firing popular black host Tamron Hall

NBC executives are concerned that Megyn Kelly’s forthcoming morning show will not pull in ratings with younger people and non-whites after the network fired a popular black host, Tamron Hall, to make room for the former Fox News star.

The Daily Beast reported on Wednesday that the performance of Megyn Kelly’s Sunday night program has left executives in a “total panic” about her morning show, which will debut on Sept. 25. The network made room for Kelly by axing the 9 a.m. hour of the longrunning Today Show.

“A lot of people were watching the [Sunday] magazine show to try to get a sense of her appeal to the daytime demographic and a sense of how she would be outside of the Fox environment,” one insider told The Daily Beast. “Fox News skews very male… I always tend to think of her as more of a guy’s girl than a girl’s girl… It’s extremely challenging, and I’m not sure Megyn’s personality really connects with women.”

According to television news analyst Andrew Tyndall, “The Sunday show laid such an egg that any claims that she had automatic star power, to get people in the door to see what she was doing, have been disavowed… The stardom of the celebrity anchor was a phenomenon of the 1980s back when [flamboyant ABC News president] Roone Arledge was around. In this day and age, the shows make the anchors, not the other way around.”

Maybe if she opened with a segment on Designer Dildos she'd attract more women? :)
 
A mid-40s Faux-Tromp-model blonde, lusted after by Faux's 66-to-dead male demographic, rewired mentally to appeal to young multi-ethnic and -cultural women who bother watching TV. Right. She'll need to push a Symbian, not a dildo. Or at least a double-ender. With live demos. THAT will be groundbreaking MSM TV!
 
We learned Thursday that, in a tit-for-tat retaliation for having to close American facilities in Russia, the State Department was ordering that Russia close all four of its consulates in the US, including its oldest and most established in San Francisco.

They have to be out by Saturday, September 2, and KCBS reporter Doug Sovern was outside the building (which is at 2790 Green Street in Pacific Heights) and he shot the video above reporting that "bitter, acrid smoke" was pouring out of the consulate's chimney and they're "not just burning paper."


http://sfist.com/2017/09/01/video_russian_consulate_in_sf_burni.php


In Moscow and the other cities, Americans process visa applications for Russians who want to travel to the US. In addition, they write cables to officials in Washington about human rights, labour and other matters.

Some of them work on agricultural, scientific and public-health initiatives that, for example, help to protect rare wildlife and combat infectious diseases.


Some work in Russia for other government agencies, as the CIA and US intelligence agencies are euphemistically known.

The number of people in Russia who are employed by the US intelligence agencies is substantial, although specifics are unavailable. Georgetown University's Angela Stent, who used to work as a national intelligence officer, laughed at the question.
"Nobody knows that," she said.

Still most of the people who work at the embassy and in other US offices in Russia are not spies or spymasters; most, in fact, are not even US citizens. They're Russian.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40780841
 
We learned Thursday that, in a tit-for-tat retaliation for having to close American facilities in Russia, the State Department was ordering that Russia close all four of its consulates in the US, including its oldest and most established in San Francisco.

Russia has five consulates in the United States (New York, Washington, Houston, Seattle, and San Francisco). Only one consulate has been told to close--San Francisco. The other two Russian facilities told to close are diplomatic annexes, not consulates. No Russians are being expelled in this move.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/31/us/politics/russia-consulate-close-retaliation.html
 
Both Boston PBS and my local Boston TV channels paid honor to Princess Diana, by airing past "documentaries."

"The monarchy’s worst week since the abdication crisis of 1936 had at last passed. Even so, Diana evidently still haunts it"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...harles-monarch-funeral-mourning-a7918396.html

America remains England's child. We clamour for the tales that the royal families carry, to bridge fantasy, history,and reality. We have no royals in America, that would expose themselves to the glaring light of media. They serve a hidden role. Unlike Queen Elizabeth, who serves a very public role, and Princess Diana that bridged royal life and modern life. I will say that I find assurance, that a family line continues, however, false, A fiction, but a continuing one.

She was the last Princess. She was not a fiction. She had the capacity to ride a horse in armor, and lead. Just as Queen Elizabeth had, echoing down from Queen Elizabeth I, that cheered her own army on.

Women and girls looked on her. She was a reflection of all women. She was taken away from us. A living Princess. Like the tale of the mermaid, she suffered much, from her transformation. She changed back, and swam in the current of social life. She's a modern icon. She joins with all of the other modern icons, that left when they were still young. She was not from ages, ago. She was from our "here and now." She kept us company, while she was here, and her life had an influence on the world. Her image and her life continue to accompany us.


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...harles-monarch-funeral-mourning-a7918396.html

How strange it is, that England's people held Alexandra of Denmark, their contemporary, in their hearts and minds, as we do, with Princess Diana.
 
Last edited:
He had to announce that his hands were too big for the gloves they gave him.

The suited orangutan's ego is so fragile that he's still trying to convince everyone that he doesn't have a little one.
 
Merriam-Webster's Top 10 Words Of Summer 2017

August 24, 2017

Merriam-Webster keeps a steady eye on traffic to their online dictionary

(Thanks to Trump, people are scrambling to find definitions.)

meme

(Harvard did not appreciate the association with such memes. Not at all.)

"At least ten incoming Harvard College students have had their acceptance letters revoked. According to the Crimson, the student newspaper at the Ivy League school, the admissions office rescinded these offers after students posted offensive images on Facebook."

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a9978310/harvard-revokes-acceptances-meme/


Science

sci·ence | noun | the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding

Collusion

col·lu·sion | noun | secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose

Recuse

re·cuse | verb | to disqualify (oneself) as judge in a particular case; broadly : to remove (oneself) from participation to avoid a conflict of interest

Sycophant
sy·co·phant | noun | a servile self-seeking flatterer


"On the evening of July 26, then White House Communication Director Anthony Scaramucci sent out the tweet that first made public a rift between him and then-Chief of Staff Reince Preibus that would dominate the news cycle for days. The next morning, Scaramucci gave a lengthy phone interview to CNN during which he claimed he told President Trump, “I can’t afford to be a sycophant to you, sir." That sent folks to the dictionary in droves."


"A few other words saw a significant boost in lookups during Scaramucci's brief tenure as White House Communications Director, too. It appears there are still plenty of Queen fans out there, as both "scaramouch" (a stock character in the Italian commedia dell'arte ... characterized by boastfulness and cowardliness) and "fandango" (a lively Spanish or Spanish-American dance in triple time) saw notable upticks."And the word "paranoid" also spiked, following Scaramucci's now infamous expletive-laced, on-the-record conversation with the The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza, in which he called Preibus "a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac."


cosmopolitan

(gsgs comment- In a move, now expected from Far Right Republicans, that choose to live in Trump's Insane Wonderland,Senior White House advisor Stephen Miller used "cosmopolitan" to insult CNN's Jim Acosta.)

Impanel

im·pan·el | verb | to enroll in or on a panel

*tip of the hat, to Special counsel Robert Mueller


Bereft

be·reft | adjective | deprived or robbed of the possession or use of something - usually used with of

"Sound dialogue is not possible with such a guy bereft of reason and only absolute force can work on him."

(gsgs comment- The kettle was insulting the pot)


Nationalism

na·tion·al·ism | noun | loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially: a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others

Other words/phrases that spiked during this time period included "bigot," "Neo-Nazi" and "white nationalist."


Eclipse
e·clipse | noun | the total or partial obscuring of one celestial body by another

(syzygy- what inventive spelling!)


http://news.wgbh.org/2017/08/24/news/merriam-websters-top-10-words-summer-2017
 
Dear Utterly Corrupt Fuckhead



What did you get for your trade, in exchange for betraying America ?


You frighten, disgust, and offend millions of people, daily. I invested all of that hard work, and you are attempting to make a remake of The Titanic. There is a special place in the cosmos for you, after your body fails to function. Karma will catch up to you, asshole.

WTF is wrong with you ? Everything was set in place, and the place practically runs itself. Why are you destroying the roof over your own head ?

I hope the scum and slime that promoted you, get their just desserts. This setback will be massive.


We had hints of how much garbage fills your head.


Nice job, bozo. Part of a generation has been rendered pathetic, because of you. You will not live forever. America recovered from McCarthy's reign of terror. America will heal after you stop injecting your brand of poison, if you do not cause the destruction of the whole Earth.

Countless deceased people are rolling in their graves.

I hope your masters make an example of you.

Do not try to contact me.
Your obsession with me is evident.


Please die soon, and spare America
(Too furious to give you any respect.
Guess who wrote this letter, fuckwit?)
 
I am utterly disgusted at what I see happening to the United States.

Division, hate, money and power over humanity.

I cannot take much more bad news.

F*ck!
 
I am utterly disgusted at what I see happening to the United States.

Division, hate, money and power over humanity.

I cannot take much more bad news.

F*ck!
It's traditional. USA has seen brief periods of relative commity and cooperation, but mostly it's been centuries of polarization, corruption, know-nothing-ism, and general sleazy bullshit. We've returned to normal, without the drawn curtains. Our fucktardedness is out for all to see.

Now Tromp is handing over global leadership to China, with its own vast ration of sleazy fucktardedness. Can they handle the hand-off or will they fuck it up too?
 
I am utterly disgusted at what I see happening to the United States.

Division, hate, money and power over humanity.

I cannot take much more bad news.

F*ck!

We're a Christian nation. We love materialism, guns and power.

Cuz ya know, Jesus would too.
 
Trump has not done much with the powerhouse he has accumulated. What he did do, is fuck over anyone that has to work for a living.

Trump has made it possible international corporations to use American land, American resources, and American people, as if they were toilet paper.

Just in time, Trump has made it easier to fuck over their customers. The fake bank accounts ploy wore out. Their hidden fake accounts were found.

I was not sure of why there was an increase of European visitors. I thought that, perhaps, our American dollar had weakened. Trump had shot his mouth off, about international trade.

German soccer ‘fans’ shout Nazi-era chants, shocking team

September 3, 2017


The chants were particularly embarrassing from a German perspective as they came on the anniversary of the invasion of Poland by Nazi Germany, which started World War II in 1939.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/german-soccer-fans-shout-nazi-era-chants-shocking-team/

September 1, 2017

http://www.dw.com/en/german-players...chants-during-czech-republic-match/a-40335692


Germany fans were heard chanting and shouting throughout the minute's silence and whistling through the national anthems ahead of their World Cup qualifier against the Czechs. Germany eventually won the game 2-1.

Tobias Altschäffl of SportBild reported some strong words from Hummels (see the Tweet at the foot of the page) concerning insults to Timo Werner, the German FA and Nazi chants heard from the stand:

"The chants were terrible, a catastrophe," he said. "It started during the minute's silence. Some behaved badly then. Timo Werner was insulted. Then the fans started to chant that crap. We distance ourselves completely from that. We don't want to have anything to do with it. I'm sorry for those who didn't chant anything... We don't need that nonsense at our games."

Germany's sporting director Oliver Bierhoff said there were two blocks of Germany fans, one organized by the DFB and another, which was not organized by the governing body.
 
I want to stop watching the news, reading twitter it just keeps getting worse and worse. Where are the late night comedies to ease the pain?

I'm frustrated, angry, sad, hurt and feel like there's nothing I can do about it.
 
I want to stop watching the news, reading twitter it just keeps getting worse and worse... I'm frustrated, angry, sad, hurt and feel like there's nothing I can do about it.
Remember a film from about 40 years ago, NETWORK? With the catch phrase, yelled out windows across the land by angry TV viewers: "I'm mad as hell and I ain't gonna take it any more!"

Seems like everyone is mad as hell and/or scared as hell. Yet we take it. A few million vote for demagogues, and we REALLY take it. Yeah, old Scoop Niesker used to end radio newscasts with, "If you don't like the news, go out and make your own." Are the alt.right and antifas making their own news?
 
Hanging out by the neighborhood convenience store, was punished with a death sentence.


Report: CCRB Recommends Disciplinary Action Against NYPD Officer Who Used Fatal Chokehold On Eric Garner

September, 2017


Officer Daniel Pantaleo, the NYPD officer who put Eric Garner in a chokehold that led to his death in 2014, may face disciplinary action after the Civilian Complaint Review Board reportedly determined he should face department charges for the use of the chokehold.

Pantaleo, who's been on desk duty since the July 2014 death, previously escaped charges from a grand jury (impaneled by current Staten Island congressmember Dan Donovan), and remains under investigation by the Department of Justice. His disciplinary records, which were leaked to the press earlier this summer by a member of the CCRB, showed that four out of 14 misconduct allegations against Pantaleo were substantiated.

Reached by phone, representative from the CCRB declined to comment

http://gothamist.com/2017/09/08/pantaleo_garner_chokehold.php
 
Hillary Clinton's book, "What Happened"

Illustration accompanies written article-

"The cover of the magazine’s post-election issue, had Clinton won"

(gsgs comment-The picture-The night of the announcement- Hillary, alone with her thoughts and emotions, and the moon in the sky. Much like Queen Elizabeth I, she is alone- Hers, is the top position. She is a Christian woman. She shares her office with her God/god. Which hung her out, like a piece of bait.)

The New Yorker

Annals of Politics
September 25, 2017 Issue

Hillary Clinton Looks Back in Anger

She talks about Trump, Comey, collusion, “deplorables,” and the power of sexism.

“Literally, at times when I was writing it, I had to go lie down,” she said. “I just couldn’t bear to relive it.”
-Hillary Clinton

“What Happened,” though hardly an Augustinian confession, is much closer to the bone than anything Clinton has ever published. She knows that the voice of the vanquished isn’t always welcome, but she remains defiant: “There were plenty of people hoping that I, too, would just disappear,” she acknowledges. “But here I am.”


“Putin wants to undermine democracy, to undermine the Atlantic alliance, to undermine the E.U., to undermine nato, and to resurrect Russian influence as much as possible beyond the borders."
-Hillary Clinton


In “What Happened,” she voices her sense of exasperation:

"I’ll bet you know more about my private life than you do about some of your closest friends. You’ve read my e-mails, for heaven’s sake. What more do you need? What could I do to be “more real”? Dance on a table? Swear a blue streak? Break down sobbing? That’s not me. And if I had done any of those things, what would have happened? I’d have been ripped to pieces."
-Hillary Clinton

She acknowledges that her caution had sometimes made her seem guarded (and “prompted the question, ‘What is she hiding?’ ”), but she notes that many men in politics, though far less scrutinized, aren’t asked to “open up, reveal themselves, prove that they’re real.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/09/25/hillary-clinton-looks-back-in-anger
 
September 14, 2017

The new Forest Service chief, Tony Tooke, was sworn in by Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue on Sept. 1. But he’d hardly settled into his new D.C. office when he flew to Oregon to see the damage caused by the Eagle Creek Fire, which is burning through the Columbia River Gorge.

Though the link between worsening wildfire seasons and climate change has been clearly established, the Forest Service now has to talk about climate change in coded ways.

“It’s going to take a very nimble administrator to figure out how to keep responding to the pressures that climate change brings without saying that’s what it is,” Miller says. According to Susan Jane Brown of the Western Environmental Law Center, Tooke has a firm grasp of science and an understanding that climate change is making fire act differently than it has historically. While visiting the Eagle Creek Fire, however, he did not mention climate change in his remarks.

Tooke’s background suggests he may be open to taking a progressive tack. In his role as Director for Ecosystem Management Coordination in the Forest Service’s D.C. office, he spearheaded the agency’s development of restoration guidelines for its 2012 land management planning rule. “The guidelines aren’t perfect,” says Falk, “but they show a thoughtful perspective on the national forest as an ecosystem and not just a pool of resources that can be extracted for profit.” Tooke is not, as Falk puts it, a “career timber beast.” “He has at least been willing to follow a career path through ecosystem management,” Falk says. He also has a reputation as a good collaborator, and Furnish, who has worked with him, described him as honest, sincere and professional.

http://www.hcn.org/articles/public-lands-forest-service-leadership-lands-in-southern-hands

They did not give a fuck, until U.S. Forest Service officer was involved


http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...sf/2017/09/witness_teens_giggled_as_they.html
 
Back
Top