How long: submit-to-post/reject ???

KRD19254

Experienced
Joined
Oct 31, 2016
Posts
39
How long is the average time to get a story either rejected or posted?

I suspect a lot depends on who you are; Virgin or Seasoned. I'm a first time virgin writer.

I did break up the story into many parts to see if it would speed up the process - so far notta nuttin in +2wks with 3/8 parts submitted.

Do I have to submit all 8 parts before being considered (no one told me, IF)? (I'm still editing since I cannot get help here).
 
No, once posted I leave it alone. I expected it to go back to the bottom of the stack each time it gets saved. Hence I've left it alone.

Thanks
 
No, once posted I leave it alone. I expected it to go back to the bottom of the stack each time it gets saved. Hence I've left it alone.

Thanks

We've had at least one case recently where the author thought they submitted stories, but they didn't. The stories stayed as Drafts because they didn't press the right button to complete the submission.

If your stories aren't in Drafts, then try PMing Laurel. Things do fall through the cracks now and then.
 
My latest took three days from submission to publishing. With all the posts about lengthy waits in the "Pending" cue, it surprised the crap out of me.
 
all are in DRAFTS, from day one.....TNX

lit_pub_img.jpg


Just to make sure we're on the same page here, on the works tab of your control panel, you should see this at the top.

If there is a number next to "pending" it means the stories have been submitted.

If the number is instead next to "drafts" it means the stories have not been submitted, and will never be posted. You need to open the drafts, preview them, and then at the end of the preview, click the submit button.
 
Last edited:
Click on where it says "Drafts" with the number next to it. That takes you to the drafts tab.

Once there, click on the link for the story.

Once the story information comes up, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click the "Preview Story" button.

Scroll down to the bottom of the preview. ( It's a good idea to actually read your story one last time, because the difference in font and screen position from what you're used to when writing can actually cause errors to jump out at you. You can then fix them before submitting.)

At the bottom of the preview, click the "Submit for Publication" button.

If you did find any mistakes, Click the "Make Changes" button instead, go fix the mistakes, preview again, and then hit Submit.
 
Y'all are right it was not submitted. What a convoluted UN-intuitive process. So now my very first are all in PENDING.

Thanks all.... Lets see if I make the grade or not.
 
Y'all are right it was not submitted. What a convoluted UN-intuitive process. So now my very first are all in PENDING.

Thanks all.... Lets see if I make the grade or not.

It isn't easy if you are new to Literotica.

But now you know how - best of luck with your stories.
 
Don't feel too bad. Drafts are a brand new thing to Literotica. I had to figure it out myself the first time I submitted something with the new control panel, and I've been here for bloody ever. LOL

If you think the submission process is convoluted, try editing something already posted!

( That's supposed to be changing to a far easier push-button operation during the site update rollout, though. If you do ever need help with that, just drop a note. I have a copy-paste file with the process ready to roll every time I see it. )

Y'all are right it was not submitted. What a convoluted UN-intuitive process. So now my very first are all in PENDING.

Thanks all.... Lets see if I make the grade or not.
 
Don't feel too bad. Drafts are a brand new thing to Literotica. I had to figure it out myself the first time I submitted something with the new control panel, and I've been here for bloody ever. LOL

If you think the submission process is convoluted, try editing something already posted!

( That's supposed to be changing to a far easier push-button operation during the site update rollout, though. If you do ever need help with that, just drop a note. I have a copy-paste file with the process ready to roll every time I see it. )

That's why I still use the old control panel and will as long as it is available. The new one is a pain if you have hundreds of stories posted on Lit.
 
Ogg, I'd strongly suggest getting into the new panel. It has so many ease of navigation features built in, with more to come.

Once I got accustomed to it, I haven't gone back to the old panel since, despite still having direct links to it in my bookmarks.
 
Ogg, I'd strongly suggest getting into the new panel. It has so many ease of navigation features built in, with more to come.

Once I got accustomed to it, I haven't gone back to the old panel since, despite still having direct links to it in my bookmarks.

I have tried. What deters me is the inability to scroll down all my submissions AND the lack of contrast for viewing.
 
Actually, beyond what your stating for Authors....

I have a few peeves with how RESTRICTING L treats its readers;

Allow readers to find stories within a Genera to be sorted by meta-words, topic, or subject words, i.e. Military, Veteran, Sailor, Vietnam, etc.

I also want the option to sort a selected Author's "Stories" by DATE with the most current on the TOP of the list and meta-words tags.

Otherwise WHY does L want meta-tags on a story?

This might help:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=457930
 
How long does it take?

Hmmm, once again it has been over a week (+8days) and no posting or rejection. Being my 4th story I do know NOW how to do it right.

00000000
 
Last edited:
The submissions editor doesn't proof the stories. At best she does a cursory scan for issues.

After eight days I'd be looking for a rejection notice on the submissions page or PMing Laurel to politely ask if the story has fallen in the cracks. That's happened to me on occasion and it got straightened out quickly.
 
So likely being a lil fish I made the L crap list to be NOW overly scrutinized while L empowers Annoy's in censorship. Oh I post under a different pen-name as my comments are not always PC being a traditional conservative.
A polite PM to Laurel is probably best. Be aware that she does scan the forums from time to time, so dumping on the site and the way it's run possibly isn't the best idea, if you want your content posted on Laurel's site (her site, her rules).

If you've had one story reported already a delay is more likely, as she will scrutinise your story more closely for content compliance.
 
You have to click on a the first button(Preview Story) to view your story, that automatically saves the it as a draft. At the bottom of the preview there are two buttons, you have to click on the one that says publish or submit(I forget which, but not the on marked Make Changes). It is a two step process.

Also I don't even think Laurel can see the drafts nor can she do anything with them. It will be up to you to get then out of the Draft mode. Click on the link in drafts and then at the bottom of the data displayed click on the preview story button. At the bottom of the preview click on the submit(righthand) button. That will move it to the preview section. That is the only time that Laurel will be able to see it pop up on her list of stories to review.
 
Last edited:
Sent a Contact query to L directly on 10/28 - still no response.
I also resubmitted the story posted on 10/20, again on 10/29 - it's still 'Pending'.

Sure a viable way of getting rid of unwanted authors - let their stories hang in limbo never posting them for anyone to read. No one said L is a democracy - you survive by sucking up. Thanks
 
Yikes! Every gripe you make will probably prolong your wait. And you are a little fish. We all are, no matter what some of the blustery blowhards think of themselves on the forums. Little fish in the giant internet pond. Get used to it.
 
Yikes! Every gripe you make will probably prolong your wait. And you are a little fish. We all are, no matter what some of the blustery blowhards think of themselves on the forums. Little fish in the giant internet pond. Get used to it.

We are all little fish on Literotica. The total of all the Authors' Hangout posters is a small minority of the authors on Literotica. Even those who post many times a day on the General Board are a tiny percentage of Literotica's active users.
 
Back
Top