Where do you get your ideas from?

Priest sex sells really, really well in the marketplace. Just sayin'.
 
Priest sex sells really, really well in the marketplace. Just sayin'.

Do you mean priest + priest or priest + someone else? I assume the former, but am curious.

Is there a market for hot, horny nun stories? That seems like promising ground to explore.
 
i don't get why they're sexy, though? At least a boss of a company, a moneylender or a gangster has measurable power. Clergy have nothing, it's all smoke and mirrors, lies basically.


The point isn't power, it's principle, and the conflict of that principle with desire. A gangster has power but no principles. The conflict, therefore, is less acute and less interesting.

Think about The Thorn Birds, for example. If Ralph were just a powerful rich businessman, instead of a priest, the book would have no conflict and much less erotic interest.
 
Is there a market for hot, horny nun stories? That seems like promising ground to explore.

Nunsploitation was a huge film genre in the 1970's. Maybe you should try to bring it back in the nought-teens. :)

As to the OP question, I mostly get my ideas from music. Listening to instrumentals, especially solo piano works, and assembling the story I hear it telling into a poem or prose is the most common way for my muse to begin whispering those sweet, sexy sentences into my ear, and they always begin with, "What if...?" :heart:
 
I've been game-mastering pen&paper role-playing games since the early '90s, with only a handful of groups. My "style" has always been narrative over rules, so naturally, my players ended up with rather complex characters. I hereby shamelessly disclose that many of the stories and characters featured in my tales are adapted from the gaming table. Of my 33 titles here on Lit, only five are inspired by other things like some autobiographical bits or contest guidelines/themes.

Granted, the themes of handicaps and prejudice do shine through rather prominently, but that's little wonder. "Write what you know" and all that.
 
i don't get why they're sexy, though? At least a boss of a company, a moneylender or a gangster has measurable power. Clergy have nothing, it's all smoke and mirrors, lies basically.

Lift up their robes and surely you'd have to wipe off the cobwebs from their nether regions! Plus, how would they be any good at sex? If they've never had it, they'd be wooden and laughable.

Ever read "Lusts of the Borgias" by Marcus van Heller. That Borgia pope knew what was what. And if you've ever been to a Catholic Church, those statues of jesus on the cross and the paintings- christ's face is actually a painting of ceseare Borgia. Machiavelli's model for "The Prince". They didn't teach me that in Sunday School.

I'm a bad catholic girl coz I sit there at mass and look and go well, that Ceseare, he was pretty hot. I don't think that's what the Church intended.... maybe that Borgia pope did tho lol.
 
Last edited:
Yes, well I was brought up Catholic, quite strictly too. Hated it, it did nothing spiritual for me at all, and I just see the clergy as stuffy miserable and sexless. Only a small handful of the many hundreds of Catholic clergy I ever met were cheerful and fun. Left the church at 17 but infiltrated a catholic order temporarily many years later
mainly from curiosity. I found no difference, the clergy hadn't really warmed or become more friendly.

Services from other denominations I've been to since like funerals seemed much nicer and far less rigid and formal.

The indoctrination worked with me I guess. Go to mass every week or two regardless. Our priest is actually rather funny and quite a social guy with an awful sense of humor.
 
The indoctrination worked with me I guess. Go to mass every week or two regardless. Our priest is actually rather funny and quite a social guy with an awful sense of humor.

Yes, I've read one of your church scenes. Something to do with a altar... ;)
 
Usually I can take any ordinary everyday thing that catches my eye and turn it into a story. All it takes is a dirty mind and a bit of concentration until the fantasy rolls off my keyboard.
 
Yes, I've read one of your church scenes. Something to do with a altar... ;)

Wait for the next instalment. Aimee discovers a whole new side to Father Auyeung. And you haven't read "Hanky Panky" - another church altar story that was for stfb but they closed down.
 
Last edited:
Today I came across a quote that reminded me of a prolific LIT writer I know.

"He writes more than anyone and it's all the same stuff in different pants, or no pants at all."
 
With yourself or at yourself?

At the joke that was posted. Quite likely I'm laughing at you now, though, and wondering whose malicious attack alt you are. ;)

Is this the return of James B. Johnson?

Ah, I see that despite only having 11 posts, you were attacking me out of the blue back in July of 2015. Interesting.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top