Is Interracial Pornography Racist?

Chloe Tzang, thank you for the list of movies. I’ve heard of the first one and plan to find out more about the others. I have no problem with “dated” films.

You might like "Bhowani Junction" too. It's very dated, but with Ava Gardner as the heroine. They filmed this one in Pakistan. It's set during the partition of India at independence. The book's wonderful, the film rather less so. Could have been a lot better from all accounts because they cut a lot out bit still really good.

You could try "Heat and Dust" as well. Not to mention "A Passage to India."

Also "Joy Luck Club" and "Snow Falling on Cedars", "The Lover" is another really good one, set in French Vietnam. "Double Happiness" where a Canadian-born Chinese girl falls in love with a white university student
 
Someone that thinks interracial porn is racist might actually be racist.
Some WHO FINDS RACISM IN ALL I.R. PR0N may be racist. Others may note racialist vs non-racialist attitudes in stories. Others may see satires of racism -- I've thrown in racist and sexist cartoon stereotypes merely to mock them. But racism and sexism can certainly be written-in. Oy.
 
Chloe Tzang, I watched trailers for some of the movies you suggested and plan to watch "Joy Luck Club." In the past on another thread I posted information about Anna May Wong (born 1905 in Los Angeles) and I don't know if you know about her, but she made at least two films that relate to the topic of this tread. The first was as Lotus Flower in the silent film "The Toll of the Sea" (1922) an early two color film. She was the star of the film despite being only 17 at the time. The second was as Shosho in "Piccadilly" (1929) also a silent film. She also starred in that film. Here is a photograph of Anna May Wong: http://phunuvietnam.vn/media/news/f362707709a45b2b12ff4a93cb635e1d/5.jpg.

Moonlight and Roses,
 
As a black guy with unconventional opinions on race, while I won't go the basic b***h route and call IR (by that I mean WWBM) "racist", I despise it with a passion.
 
As a black guy with unconventional opinions on race, while I won't go the basic b***h route and call IR (by that I mean WWBM) "racist", I despise it with a passion.

Just curious, but would you care to elaborate on why you hate it so much?
 
Melissababy; great post. You come off as very honest and that is appreciated. I was going to say interracial porn is only 'racist' if the content is turned into some sort of racial context. Otherwise, photos, videos or stories (specifically) of a BM and WF should be taken for what they are and nothing more. Even Asians or other groups in porn should be taken for 'just porn'. UNLESS, of course, there is something intentionally demeaning and hurtful against a particular race, then there is no excuse for it and, at least for me, turns me off.
 
I wouldn't think so. Unless, of course, it's used in some way to 'get even' or be used as a tool tool to hate fuck someone because of their race.


My reason(s) for thinking that? I grew up in a racist environment. Mostly white. I soon learned there are people from other races that think the same way as some of mine. In my younger days, it simply wasn't socially acceptable and was forbidden. It's one of the reasons I left home as a teen and never went back.

I never understood it (racism). Because of my ignorance to such hateful thoughts, I encountered persons that teased or judged me because of my open minded approach that had become firmly rooted before I realized it. My closest family members and friends NEVER once encouraged such thoughts as racism.
 
Hell yes most of it is. Black men and Asian women are fetishized based on a bunch of pre-conceived notions and stereotypes and reduced to nothing more than sexual beings who are forced to play a set role to appease the white, paying-for-porn masses. Are porn producers to blame? Not entirely. They're making what sells, and in a racist society the fetishization of minorities is what sells.

If that's what gets you off, fine. But don't sugar coat it and pretend there are no underlying stereotypes playing into why you have these fantasies.
 
Hell yes most of it is. Black men and Asian women are fetishized based on a bunch of pre-conceived notions and stereotypes and reduced to nothing more than sexual beings who are forced to play a set role to appease the white, paying-for-porn masses.
I don't read much of what's labeled IR here. I follow authors, not categories. If an author wrote an IR tale, I'll probably look at it. Maybe I automatically hit backspace when a tale seems racially or otherwise trite so I miss the glaring stereotypes.

I've written of sex among different ethnicities but to me they're just people fucking. Or the puzzle of writing IR incest; that takes a little maneuvering. The Iroquois mother of a black daughter and white son FTW! Long-separated but just look at them now! Other than accents, I don't think they seem cartoonish.

Can IR or any other genre be racist? Sure. Must they be? No. Does racism sell? I don't doubt it. Lots of sicko pervs out there...
 
There was a discussion at work today that i heard when someone said that all interracial porn was racist. Everyone just agreed with him and no one contested it, i would have done but i didn't understand what he was getting at. I enjoy interracial porn (WW/ BM) and millions of other people do all over the world and i just wondered if people felt the same here too and could explain why as i don't see what's racist about it. I think it can be quite the opposite and really beautiful.

Of course it's 99% racist! There may be some amateur interracial porn made by a married interracial couple that doesn't have an underlying racist theme. But, almost all commercially produced interracial porn is full to the gills with racist imagery and subtext, usually revolving around black male sexual stereotypes that white males, the primary consumers and producers of porn, find simultaneously threatening and titillating.

Full disclosure; the BF/WM porn that I like is racist too. It's all about evil over-privileged big-dicked hairy white barbarians subjugating and impregnating vulnerable fertile Black women.

The racism is that little something extra that makes one's dick extra hard.
 
This is in the top 10 of Questions That People Keep Asking On Literotica Boards But For Which There's No Answer That Satisfies Everybody. Right up there with "What's the deal about incest?"


Half or of what motivates these sorts of questions is that nagging fear inside us that there's something wrong with our fantasies and indulging in them.

People worry "Should I be thinking this?" "Is there something wrong with me to read these stories or look at these images?"

My answer: ditch the fear. There's nothing wrong with your fantasies, even if they do have disturbing undertones.
 
I've written of sex among different ethnicities but to me they're just people fucking.

I've written interracial, too, but there is a huge difference between stories involving people of different races fucking, interracial couples dealing with differing cultural norms, and other everyday shit versus 'a black bull fucked my wife and made me his submissive sissy boy'.
 
I am sure there is little i could add that has not already been said above, but that's not about to stop me :)

Racism has been a predominant feature of our society over the past few hundred years. It is about power and structural inequality; not just garden variety prejudice. Of course racism therefore finds its way into the background of pornography. Some intentionally racialized porn like "Blacked" of course plays on our internalized feelings about the illusion of race.

Does producing or consuming such porn make racism better or worse? I dunno. Not a simple answer. Do we examine our thoughts and feelings about the material? Do we naively assume we are watching a race neutral narrative? Are we capable of understanding that we are watching a fantasy that is heavily tinged with our history of racism?

I know some people's kink literally involves acting out pre-american-civil war slave fantasies. I don't think I could handle that shit, but I guess theoretically if they are consenting adults and are cognizant of what they are doing?

I do not think the fact that two (or more) participants in a porn shoot are of different races means there is inherently racist fantasy at play, but a lot of specifically "interracial" porn is obviously influenced by historically-based racist narrative. I am not 100% sure if that means it is damaging or makes racism worse. I guess it depends on how open people are to examining their fantasies and their real lives.

I know that some of my domination/submission and noncon fantasies are heavily affected by internalization of historical conditions of gender inequality and deeply entrenched gender narratives. Yet I believe I am pro-feminism and want to live my real life in such a way that I do not cause harm or oppression towards women. In my fantasies, I get turned on by bad behavior that is not politically correct. I hope that my ability to separate fantasy from reality means I am not doing any harm.
 
I’ve dropped into this thread from time to time, having written some white male/Latina female and white male/Asian female stories (not published yet), wondering if I should steer clear of the IR category when I post them since it seems the readers’ expectations are predominantly white/black, particularly WF/BM. I.e., maybe they don’t have enough taboo factor to belong in IR. I guess my final call before I submit will be based on how strong the emphasis on the racial difference is.
 
I’ve dropped into this thread from time to time, having written some white male/Latina female and white male/Asian female stories (not published yet), wondering if I should steer clear of the IR category when I post them since it seems the readers’ expectations are predominantly white/black, particularly WF/BM. I.e., maybe they don’t have enough taboo factor to belong in IR. I guess my final call before I submit will be based on how strong the emphasis on the racial difference is.

Based on experience, if it's Asian / White you can put it into any other category that fits without any negativity. Nobody gets that worked up about Asian / White if it's not in the IR category at all but it won't get trashed in IR either.
 
Hispanic isn't really a race; it's an ethnicity. Some Hispanics are Caucasian; some are black. In Peru, for instance, some are even Asian.
 
Based on experience, if it's Asian / White you can put it into any other category that fits without any negativity. Nobody gets that worked up about Asian / White if it's not in the IR category at all but it won't get trashed in IR either.

Thanks, Chloe. And if I do decide to submit in the IR category, I'll be sure that either the title or description clearly states 'Latina' or 'Asian' so the B/W fans don't begin reading a story that won't supply their desired pairing - though I'd like to think that the content could be compelling enough for them to forget that B/W was what they were originally looking for. ;)
 
Just curious, but would you care to elaborate on why you hate it so much?

It's the same crap with the same stereotypes. I'm not a fetish and the woman shouldn't have to "experiment".
 
Last edited:
Back
Top