The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Hump Day.

If you had a fifth on the fourth, you probably won't come forth on the fifth. :D

Fresh coffee is available. There is also cinnamon raisin toast with whole butter.

Why I'm up so early I don't really know. I stayed up far to late but I did finish a story I've been wanting to finish for some time.

Back to work. I could feel better, but not because I had a fifth on the fourth.

The neighborhood sounded like a war zone and it didn't work well for sleeping. Mortar fire and large explosions went on until 2:00 AM. I felt like I was barely getting to sleep when the alarm went off.

There is also cinnamon raisin toast with whole butter.
Ooo! Cinnamon toast! Yummy. Thanks!

Why I'm up so early I don't really know. I stayed up far to late but I did finish a story I've been wanting to finish for some time.
Good for you! NOt about getting up early, but about the story. :)

I felt like I was barely getting to sleep when the alarm went off.
I hate it when that happens. Better luck sleeping tonight.

For anyone interested, the year end awards are up in the contest forum. Lots of good stories but quite a few categories I won't vote in because I won't vote for a chapter in a story contest. That was supposed to have been fixed a number of years ago but.... As usual, it's still the same.

For anyone interested, the year end awards are up in the contest forum. Lots of good stories but quite a few categories I won't vote in because I won't vote for a chapter in a story contest. That was supposed to have been fixed a number of years ago but.... As usual, it's still the same.

I see that Chloe is nominated in First Time.

Cinnamon toast ?
I take it that this is a little cinnamon sprinkled over the buttered toast ?
Sounds nice; never had it.
But I think I have some cinnamon spice in the old rack. . .

It's been hot again, so I've been working on my old box; another coat or two of varnish. It's coming on reasonably well.

But now?
Coffee!

Cinnamon toast ?
I take it that this is a little cinnamon sprinkled over the buttered toast ?
Sounds nice; never had it.
Highly recommend it for a tasty treat. Thick slice of homemade bread slightly toasted, slather with butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and voila!

Cinnamon toast. :)

cinnamontoast.jpg

For the best results, you have to mix sugar with the cinnamon as it is bitter by itself.

Yeah, it is hot out there. 92 with a varying breeze. Varying meaning it's there one minute and gone the next. Feel like temp is over 100.

I think a shower, something to eat, and a nap, especially the shower, I stink. :eek:

For the best results, you have to mix sugar with the cinnamon as it is bitter by itself.

Yeah, it is hot out there. 92 with a varying breeze. Varying meaning it's there one minute and gone the next. Feel like temp is over 100.

I think a shower, something to eat, and a nap, especially the shower, I stink. :eek:

Of course, different types (Eh ?) of cinnamon require different treatment (or so my research has indicated thus far). But I ain't forking out £40+ just so I can get the necessary stuff.
I'll have a quiet word in my local supermarket tomorrow. . . .
Wish me Luck

And now for a cup of tea.
:)

But I ain't forking out £40+ just so I can get the necessary stuff.

Eh? All you need is a small shaker of ground cinnamon.

I haven't made cinnamon toast in years. As a teenager, my process was to toast bread and butter it liberally when it was fresh out of the toaster, then quickly sprinkle it with a teaspoon or so of white sugar, add ground cinnamon to taste (straight out of the shaker from the store) and let it sit for a little bit so the butter soaked through the sugar and the cinnamon.

Then eat the whole thing in about three bites.

Eh? All you need is a small shaker of ground cinnamon.

I haven't made cinnamon toast in years. As a teenager, my process was to toast bread and butter it liberally when it was fresh out of the toaster, then quickly sprinkle it with a teaspoon or so of white sugar, add ground cinnamon to taste (straight out of the shaker from the store) and let it sit for a little bit so the butter soaked through the sugar and the cinnamon.

Then eat the whole thing in about three bites.

About the way I make mine except I premix the sugar and cinnamon in an old shaker bottle that I've used for 40 years.

I've done the three bite thing but normally i like to savor mine.

Shower, check, supper, check, cat nap, kind of sort of, maybe. Posted a non-erotic story earlier. It should be out by the weekend, maybe.

I'd already put cinnamon toast on for breakfast tomorrow and I have it when I need something quick and easy--at least every other week. Butter the white bread slice(s), sprinkle sugar (I use one packet Splenda for two slices of bread), sprinkle cinnamon. Toast in a toaster or convection oven. All done.

Early morning coffee anyone? Up and pounding away. Stories to right. Nude day deadlines looming and I haven't worked on Sammi Woo for days. Trying to finish another one and then last night a new one popped into my head

Grr! Central Heating water pump failed while we were away on holiday. It was replaced this morning but now the central heating will NOT turn off with the air temperature outside already at 25C.

Time for a coffee...

Grr! Central Heating water pump failed while we were away on holiday. It was replaced this morning but now the central heating will NOT turn off with the air temperature outside already at 25C.

Time for a coffee...

And a sauna.

Morning all,

I slept like a log last night. Well, a log that had to take a break around 3am for a pee and a snack. :eek:

Ogg, after the end of May, I wouldn't know my heat was out until the first of December most years.

So fresh coffee is in order and I think pancakes.

Yes, sure, if you don't count being old and falling apart. :)

As my granddad says, enough vodka and you'll never notice. He's in his 80s and yeah, I know. Joking aside, Good luck and hope it all keeps hanging together and working. Best of.

Yes, sure, if you don't count being old and falling apart. :)

You're preaching to the chore. :D

I hurt in places I didn't have five years ago. Now it takes me all day to do what I used to do all day. The brain is about the only thing that has held up its end of the bargain. But then again, if you had told anyone in my senior high school class that I woulds ever see 70, they would have laughed their ass off.

The downside of having essentially the same medical coverage that members of Congress have given themselves is that there's no end then to the medical treatment and tests your doctors decide you need. A one-second fall on my face during my trip West a couple of months ago, and, with today's MRI (the second in a week), I will have burst the ceiling on supposedly $30,000 in medical treatment and tests--practically none of it out of pocket, of course. All of it time consuming.

Morning all,

I slept like a log last night. Well, a log that had to take a break around 3am for a pee and a snack. :eek:

Ogg, after the end of May, I wouldn't know my heat was out until the first of December most years.

So fresh coffee is in order and I think pancakes.

The heating system drives our hot water. But when it is running for hot water only it heats all the radiators too - since a new pump was fitted this morning. Apparently the new pump is too powerful for the divertor valve and sends the hot water to all the radiators as well as to the hot water system.

The old pump had seized solid. It was probably thirty years old. The divertor valve is of the same vintage. The boiler is eight years old and very efficient.

New valve will be fitted tomorrow. More cost, but apart from scheduled annual servicing the central heating system (with a new boiler) had been running efficiently since 2001 and probably a decade or so before that.

System is now fully off with a tank full of hot water.

More coffee needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back