Another silly question?

TarnishedPenny

Literotica Guru
Joined
Dec 4, 2017
Posts
6,377
I'm sure there's an answer to this somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. Patience, please.

My question concerns the length of a title. Some seem quite long - 50+ letters and spaces - yet if I go anything near that, the form simply refuses to accept.

What are the rules, please?

Thanks.
 
Some recent, random examples from the New file:

The Closet Domme Pt. 02 Re-Awakening Ch. 02 36 characters, 43 character/spaces
Cuthbert and the Cleric Ch. 04: Relax and Refill 40 characters, 48 characters/spaces
Damsel in Distress Ep. 03: The Legendary Barbarian 43 characters, 50 character/spaces​

Not trying to whine or stir up trouble, but exceptions can obviously be made. I was just wondering how to obtain such.

If it’s an issue, no worries.
 
Yes, and I appreciate your time, but there are more than a couple with more than 35.

The current submission form has a hard limit, which must be the 35 characters (I don't count, I just shorten the title). I'm guessing the old data files might have allowed longer titles. But it's a constraint of today's site, it's not going to change in a hurry, so use the space available.
 
Well... Those titles she provided, are new stories...

Curious, then. There's no way to extend the title field on the standard submission page that I can see. I wonder if it's to do with whatever story coding builds the sequential listing of chapter stories.

Having more than 35 characters certainly would be useful.
 
Curious, then. There's no way to extend the title field on the standard submission page that I can see. I wonder if it's to do with whatever story coding builds the sequential listing of chapter stories.

Having more than 35 characters certainly would be useful.

Laurel did re-title one of my stories, and extend the title by doing so. I don't know if the modified title exceeded the limit of the entry field or not. I imagine it quite possible that Laurel could exceed the character limit in the entry form if she wanted to.
 
This one of mine it over 35 characters by 2, but I asked Laurel to add the OFM 02 to it.

OFM 02 - Jack O'hara - One for a Kill

There will be other shorts of this character...

OFM 03 - Jack O'Hara - Two to Get Dead
OFM 04 - Jack O'Hara - Three for a Murder
OFM 05 - Jack O'Hara - Four for a Grave
OFM 06 - Jack O'Hara - Five for a Funeral
OFM 07 - Jack O'Hara - Six, Eggroll

It looks like as I finish them and submit them I will have to ask in the notes section for Laural to add the "OFM 0# - " stuff.

:(
 
Back
Top