Just caught a bullet point in the ribs.

HaydenDLinder

Virgin
Hey everybody,

I just got a story kicked back for not meeting submission guidelines. That would be fine except when I look for this bullet point I can't find it under FAQ or Submission Guidelines.

"We do not publish non-consent stories involving real-life people or copyrighted character."

In this case it's copyrighted characters and It's making me wonder what else I could be missing.

Thank you much.
Hayden

It hasn't been added to the existing FAQ, but it is a rule specific to the Celebrities & Fanfic category, where all such stories have to be placed.

That category has a few specific rules like that. If a character never reaches 18 in the source material, you can't "age them up" to be 18 and post a story about them, for example.

Whenever something isn't in the FAQ, you have to go by the rejection notices. The nice thing is that there's zero penalty for submitting a story that breaks content guidelines, save for the story not being posted.

That category has a few specific rules like that. If a character never reaches 18 in the source material, you can't "age them up" to be 18 and post a story about them, for example.

Or in this case, putting someone else's copyrighted characters into a non-con scenario - you've given yourself a double whammy.

On this basis, fan-fic combined with non-con equals a "not on this site". Useful to know, I guess.

I suppose I should send a note saying this should be added to the FAQ, as I have in the past. Laurel has updated four or five things I've pointed out before. You just have to bring it up. In my case, I suggested actual text to save her some time.

Not sure if it will be changed in the current FAQ at this point, though. With the new pages in progress behind the scenes, it will probably get put in the updated version.

Hey everybody,

I just got a story kicked back for not meeting submission guidelines. That would be fine except when I look for this bullet point I can't find it under FAQ or Submission Guidelines.

"We do not publish non-consent stories involving real-life people or copyrighted character."

In this case it's copyrighted characters and It's making me wonder what else I could be missing.

Thank you much.
Hayden

You can find it through the FAQs, but not easily. This section of the Submissions FAQ links to this post which says: "We do not publish non-consent stories involving real-life people, groups/organizations, or copyrighted characters".

I agree that it'd be better placed in the FAQs so people can discover it before their stories get rejected.

I'll be damned. I haven't looked at that section of the FAQ in so long that I didn't know the thread was linked, or that Laurel had edited the original post to include those two C&F specific rules.

Thank you

OK, I really appreciate all of you helping clarify and glad to find out I'm not an idiot, always a possibility by the way. I just need to go read the full blown FAQ up top and get back to my debaucher... writing.

Back