A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

So Aeschylus. Any thoughts? I think maybe he dressed up as Athena one too many times. Not that I am against fancy dress in principle.

Post it note to self: never feed trolls on the general board. Post it to Harry: You were always a poet. You have it already. No need to hide or dumpster dive. I would totally publish your original work.

Actually, Harry, I think you and your love should publish your poem conversations. It is a correspondence likely to inspire others to believe in love.

Harry sayz: I'm not T.S.Eliot, or Frost, but butters may be and then there's publishers and their evil editors :devil:

butters says: love-song of H.F.Truefrock?

it is something we've considered but never gotten around to. Harry has a lot/? of prose written on the subject already

A poetess stumbles into a bar, I must give up all this swinging from chandeliers malarkey, it's terribly bad for my poor legs and hips :(

Last edited:
Maybe just go straight and/or turn right for a while. (No passing yet, either!) :D

this was apt for today - seems I'm supposed to know how by instinct and common sense

maybe i'll be as good a driver as he is in 50 years of experience....

apart from that, i thought i was doing well. guess it's back to him driving me.

A drunken poet walks into a bar,
verse on his lips, eyes cast afar,
searching for the truth of thoughts,
folds them origami wise, takes a seat.

Barkeep, a round for all these dour faces,
keep 'em coming.

A poet sits in a dim corner.
drinking vin ordinaire,
alone at a dusty table,
not able to rise,

lol Annie, neither really, was using rise like succeed after my long story/poem stagnates in new poems, How are you feeling? Cocktail?

Ooops sorry :) I know what you mean about the non writing situation. I'm so damn tired! I sleep all the time but get no rest from it. It's the medication does it. I'm glad I've got your company in the 7 poems and hope you both keep well :rose:

Walks out of backroom, pours a coffee and joins a meeting of poets anonymous in progress.

i've not noticed any problems with yer risin'.... jus' sayin' :catroar:
Thank you Missus you bring out the best in me. :)

Ooops sorry :) I know what you mean about the non writing situation. I'm so damn tired! I sleep all the time but get no rest from it. It's the medication does it. I'm glad I've got your company in the 7 poems and hope you both keep well :rose:
I am so glad to have you there. The pobo is empty! I'm sure there are lurkers here. I'll buy 'em a drink if they come in. butters is fine she posted behind you.

Whiskey, neat. goes down good of an evening. Good to see you post here. Happy New Year :confetti:

Done, any brand in particular?

Happy new year to yourself and butters,

Beauty right there in all the sordid details,

Be nice to buy 1201 a beverage;

Tequila, ice and lemon squash bartender

Done, any brand in particular?

Happy new year to yourself and butters,

Beauty right there in all the sordid details,

Be nice to buy 1201 a beverage;

Tequila, ice and lemon squash bartender
It all works, staying off the top shelf these days, after it's down makes no difference :)
thank you, the same to yours
Fuck yeah I miss him
:(

Back