Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To... > HT Cafe

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 02-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #51
midwestyankee
Literotica Guru
 
midwestyankee's Avatar
 
midwestyankee is offline
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 31,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrivener_ View Post
Man, I would love something like this if it worked for women! Why don't women have something like this? I'm only horny two weeks out of a given month, and one of those weeks is usually when I'm on my lady-time. The rest of the time it takes so long to get me in the mood. I feel really badly for my live-in boyfriend, because he's ready pretty much any time, and I hate having to turn him down. Anyone have any ideas?
You're not alone. Orgasm pill.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #52
MelnMe
Really Experienced
 
MelnMe is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Adventurous UK couple- kinky afternoon sex, and a nice cup of tea!
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrivener_ View Post
Man, I would love something like this if it worked for women! Why don't women have something like this? I'm only horny two weeks out of a given month, and one of those weeks is usually when I'm on my lady-time. The rest of the time it takes so long to get me in the mood. I feel really badly for my live-in boyfriend, because he's ready pretty much any time, and I hate having to turn him down. Anyone have any ideas?
I've got an idea!

God, don't rule out the week you're on. I love it when my wife is menstruating; she can be a bit difficult ( ) but she smells divine and apart from maybe a day when she won't let me, I have to- have to- go down on her.

Have the conversation and start cashing in on your arousal. Life is too short!
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2015, 09:15 PM   #53
thebeesknees
Literotica Guru
 
thebeesknees's Avatar
 
thebeesknees is offline
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: On the shores of Gitche Gumee
Posts: 4,103
generic Viagra

Okay folks I'm not sure if this has been posted before cause I jumped to the last page and Now I'm going to tell you what I found...if you google "generic Viagra" you will run across a prescription for REVATIO this is Viagra under a different name and it is used to treat something other than ED it costs about $20-$30 for a prescription of about a months supply. Most Dr.'s don't know about this but if you print up the literature and the reports and take them to your Dr. most of the time they will write you a script. Sometimes it is difficult to get your Dr. to listen so stand your ground and tell them you want to try this, and you can't afford the prices they are asking My insurance provider would only give me 6 Cialis at a time and they wanted $60.00 for them!!! REVATIO worked for me and saved me a bunch worked for me! GOOD LUCK and stay hard out there
__________________
I am much more than a beautiful cock!


Team PM

Asimil8 on KIK
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2015, 09:24 PM   #54
thebeesknees
Literotica Guru
 
thebeesknees's Avatar
 
thebeesknees is offline
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: On the shores of Gitche Gumee
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplegirl View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences with supplements. Hubby is having a bit of difficulty in this regard. We both think the major block is mental (I've had major health issues and is therefore afraid to hurt me). Follow that up with a bout of depression several years ago and a now sedentary job and it really put a damper on libido. He tried Cialis, but didn't have much luck with it. His testosterone level is a bit low, but the bioavailable testosterone is normal, so no hormone replacement therapy. He gets turned on great if I initiate, just doesn't have a heck of a whole lot of desire on his own, to the point he doesn't even masturbate. So I'm wondering if supplements are the way to go, to help kick start things again. Any negative side-effects or concerns while taking these with other meds?
I find your line in here " He gets turned on great if I initiate" to be the best thing going in my relationship. After 35 years of me basically starting things off and being the aggressor I find it such a total turn on and stimulant when my lady starts things up that there is no trouble achieving and maintaining an erection! I just wish my lady would lead more often but it seems she is very hesitant to do this...after 35 years you would think that there would be almost no boundaries in a marriage but sadly there are.

Honestly ladies be the aggressor in the bedroom and you might be surprised what "POPS" up
__________________
I am much more than a beautiful cock!


Team PM

Asimil8 on KIK
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2015, 02:40 AM   #55
suckonsimon
delivering the goods
 
suckonsimon's Avatar
 
suckonsimon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,098
generic Viagra or Cialis online

Thanks, TheBeesKnees, for that info.

A site which has great deals and very thorough info about generic viagra and cialis and other treatments is pharmlex. dot com that is. To UK customers they can sell without prescription, and they do give a pretty thorough set of advice about dosage etc. Amazingly cheap. To the UK it arrives from Mumbai. It's the real stuff for sure.
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #56
nkdjim2
Experienced
 
nkdjim2 is offline
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SW Va
Posts: 66
Pills

For me 2.5 mg Cialis works okay, but add Yohimbe (1) from Puritan Pride and what a difference. Side effects are flushing and slight stuffiness. Not bad for an old man. LOL
  Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #57
suckonsimon
delivering the goods
 
suckonsimon's Avatar
 
suckonsimon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkdjim2 View Post
For me 2.5 mg Cialis works okay, but add Yohimbe (1) from Puritan Pride and what a difference. Side effects are flushing and slight stuffiness. Not bad for an old man. LOL
Yohimbe was scary stuff for me a while back! Took some and did not sleep one wink that night. But we're all wired differently - like I can't sleep at all even after one coffee at night so there you go. For you good, for me not so.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2015, 12:32 AM   #58
boomer177
Loves Spam
 
boomer177 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West bank of the former North River
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by suckonsimon View Post
OK guys and gals I want to host a discussion on the herbal alternatives to Viagra and the various ‘daily dose’ libido enhancers, both marketed ones and the individual tonic herbs and potions that guys experiment with.
For the record, the term "libido enhancers" misunderstands the wholly physiological manner in which Viagra and its cousins do their thing.

In a--forgive me--nutshell, their effect is simply to increase blood flow to--that is, engorge--the penis to help one get and keep it up.

In any event, "libido" is a Freudian motivational construct that doesn't have much to say with regard to our getting and keeping it hard. That we continue to use the amorphous term is testament to the astonishing impact of Freud on society.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2015, 02:27 AM   #59
suckonsimon
delivering the goods
 
suckonsimon's Avatar
 
suckonsimon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,098
Boomer, you've misread me.

"And ... ." "And the various daily dose libido enhancers." I well understand that Viagra and Cialis and other medications are entirely about the plumbing only as it were.

I have no idea about the technical accuracy of the term 'libido enhancer'. In my thread title I use the expression "give you the wow." That's my point. Viagra doesn't give a guy the wow, and that's what might be missing when he can't get it up or keep it up, whether or not he has an issue with blood flow and retention of blood in the penis.

The 'confidence for arousal and performance factor' Does that say it in a non-Freudian manner? That's the heart of this thread. And I am persuaded that it's a discussion worth having, most especially because of all the dross marketed in the name of this aim which has so disappointed so many guys - the other point made in my opening post but deleted in your quotation of me.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #60
robertreams
Literotica Guru
 
robertreams is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,985
saw palmetto doesn't necessarily produce hard-ons, but it does counteract some of the symtoms of aging, I take 300 mg daily 100 morning and 200 evvening.
__________________
[font="Arial Narrow"][/FONT]See my e-books at Smashwords.com and at most e-book retailers.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2015, 12:34 PM   #61
CountryGuy2
Really Experienced
 
CountryGuy2's Avatar
 
CountryGuy2 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 143
I heard/read somewhere that Saw Palmetto reduces your sex drive. I can't swear that it's true.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2015, 12:23 PM   #62
Mr. Briggs
Literotica Guru
 
Mr. Briggs's Avatar
 
Mr. Briggs is offline
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,110
Great thread!
__________________
Love Exchanging PMs with Women and Men. Always respectful and engaging. Here just for fantasy talk no cams/pic exchange

Check out my story ---> Wife's Birthday Present --- Check out My Favourite Stories
Check Out My Thread Straight Men Who Crave Cock Club! and Cocks That Would Turn a Straight Man....
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #63
DesterG
Virgin
 
DesterG is offline
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 3
Thanks for starting this thread simon, its not often men get a chance to discuss ED and mens health among peers. Of course with much valued & welcome input from the women and men lovers in our lives. From my perspective, its all about the circulation as we get on in age. I am healthy and have an active sex life with my lover. However I do find my libido is somewhat diminished (naturally) as I age. and often effected by life events that cause stress etc. I take Cayenne pepper tablets, Hawthorn, and Milk thistle to support circulation, blood pressure and kidneys, with breakfast. I take a course of L-Aginine and Pycnogenol occasional (maybe 2-3 time per year) for libido.

However, I also have a script for Cialis 20mg tabs purely as a recreational pill for those special weekends when you want that raging hard on to drive you lady wild. One tab will have a lasting effect for 2-3 days, mighty stuff..
__________________
"This must be the place"

Last edited by DesterG : 07-22-2015 at 01:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2015, 02:01 PM   #64
suckonsimon
delivering the goods
 
suckonsimon's Avatar
 
suckonsimon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,098
Dester! Welcome to posting!

Glad you appreciate the thread, and cheers a lot for the info about what works [well!] for you.

As happens, I am just trialing a different mix for myself and will report on here I think in a day or two about that. Yeah. Great to compare notes. We owe it to womankind!

Simon
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #65
Man099
Virgin
 
Man099 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Scotland
Posts: 23
I have been trying a number of supplements to help with ED issues including Ginko Giloba, Ginseng, L'arginine, C'itrulline and Maca. I recently started taking ginger powder, mixing 2-4 grams in tea 2 to 3 times per day and I have been getting hard erections from this. Would recommend anyone try this, it is cheap to buy and has definitely improved things for me.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #66
suckonsimon
delivering the goods
 
suckonsimon's Avatar
 
suckonsimon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man099 View Post
I have been trying a number of supplements to help with ED issues including Ginko Giloba, Ginseng, L'arginine, C'itrulline and Maca. I recently started taking ginger powder, mixing 2-4 grams in tea 2 to 3 times per day and I have been getting hard erections from this. Would recommend anyone try this, it is cheap to buy and has definitely improved things for me.
Welcome to posting Man. This seems extraordinary!
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #67
Man099
Virgin
 
Man099 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Scotland
Posts: 23
Smile

Yes, very pleased with the results, woke up with a tent pole this morning
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #68
suckonsimon
delivering the goods
 
suckonsimon's Avatar
 
suckonsimon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,098
A significant side line to the thread theme from me:

I've known for a while that my cholesterol level has been 'borderline' between treatment or no treatment advised. But in a conversation with my doctor she mentioned, "even a level such as yours can impair erectile function". So I said I would go on the statins. 40mg daily Simvastatin strictly by prescription. I'm three months into that. Most definitely I need less of the kind of stuff I've mentioned on this thread than I did before, so I reckon she was right.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 12:51 AM   #69
NippleMuncher
Masticatus Nipplicanis
 
NippleMuncher's Avatar
 
NippleMuncher is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lost in Imfamy
Posts: 4,103
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

A USA Today article about the "safety" of supplements when combined with cocaine and other illegal drugs. Because herbal supplements are clearly the "PROBLEM" here.


Dangers of 'herbal Viagra': What every man should know
USA TODAY - ‎43 minutes ago‎
Basketball player Lamar Odom's collapse this week - after allegedly using cocaine and sexual supplements - has raised questions about the supplements and their safety and whether they could increase the dangers posed by illegal drugs.

Moral of the story, illegal drugs, perfectly safe, herbal supplements should be banned for the threat to life and limb that they are, because, you know, natural is never as good as bio-engineered pharmaceuticals or ever more popular garage chemistry experiments that are in use and abused.
__________________
Boobies are like toy trains ... They are meant for kids but big boys like playing with them too!
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 09:15 AM   #70
quietlylooking
Literotica Guru
 
quietlylooking's Avatar
 
quietlylooking is offline
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by NippleMuncher View Post
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

A USA Today article about the "safety" of supplements when combined with cocaine and other illegal drugs. Because herbal supplements are clearly the "PROBLEM" here.


Dangers of 'herbal Viagra': What every man should know
USA TODAY - ‎43 minutes ago‎
Basketball player Lamar Odom's collapse this week - after allegedly using cocaine and sexual supplements - has raised questions about the supplements and their safety and whether they could increase the dangers posed by illegal drugs.

Moral of the story, illegal drugs, perfectly safe, herbal supplements should be banned for the threat to life and limb that they are, because, you know, natural is never as good as bio-engineered pharmaceuticals or ever more popular garage chemistry experiments that are in use and abused.

If it's an herb that you grow yourself (or that comes from a reputable source) and you have read and understand its pharmacological properties, that is one thing (and I've done that myself for other minor health issues).

The problem is that some of the "herbal" sexual enhancement drugs on the market are actually intentionally adulterated with chemically synthesized sildenafil (the active component of Viagra) or a chemically similar compound in the same class (phosophodiesterase 5 inhibitors). So they may in fact work, and work very, very well... but there are no guarantees you won't get WAY too much of the drug, or that the amount of active ingredient will be consistent from lot to lot or pill to pill. And there could be synthetic intermediates, etc. present with unknown toxicities.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #71
suckonsimon
delivering the goods
 
suckonsimon's Avatar
 
suckonsimon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietlylooking View Post
If it's an herb that you grow yourself (or that comes from a reputable source) and you have read and understand its pharmacological properties, that is one thing (and I've done that myself for other minor health issues).

The problem is that some of the "herbal" sexual enhancement drugs on the market are actually intentionally adulterated with chemically synthesized sildenafil (the active component of Viagra) or a chemically similar compound in the same class (phosophodiesterase 5 inhibitors). So they may in fact work, and work very, very well... but there are no guarantees you won't get WAY too much of the drug, or that the amount of active ingredient will be consistent from lot to lot or pill to pill. And there could be synthetic intermediates, etc. present with unknown toxicities.
Your point is the reason why I will only buy herbals which are widely available in shops in the uk, even though I might buy them online. Certainly there are 'herbal Vs' which have briefly been available at retail outlets and then get withdrawn and I always assume it's for the reason you state, ql.

The "Extra Strong - food supplement for men" which I like to use as a herbal V is for me very effective indeed for pretty well 60 hours and because it has been on the retail market in the UK for a few years now I assume it contains what it says in contains and no more.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #72
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe
 
GiggLeGasm's Avatar
 
GiggLeGasm is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Clevelandish, Ohio... A great place to live; I wouldn't want to vacation here.
Posts: 20,875
cocaine is an herbal supplement.

the article should discuss using any plants/medicines without understanding how they interact. You wouldn't believe the number of times I'm doing a medication list with someone.. they tell me they don't take anything else..
and then pull a dozen "remedies" from a bag.
People believe that, if you don't need a prescription for it, it doesn't count.
__________________
I don't swallow. I let it run down my chin in a cheap attempt to look kinky.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 12:00 PM   #73
NippleMuncher
Masticatus Nipplicanis
 
NippleMuncher's Avatar
 
NippleMuncher is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lost in Imfamy
Posts: 4,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietlylooking View Post
If it's an herb that you grow yourself (or that comes from a reputable source) and you have read and understand its pharmacological properties, that is one thing (and I've done that myself for other minor health issues).

The problem is that some of the "herbal" sexual enhancement drugs on the market are actually intentionally adulterated with chemically synthesized sildenafil (the active component of Viagra) or a chemically similar compound in the same class (phosophodiesterase 5 inhibitors). So they may in fact work, and work very, very well... but there are no guarantees you won't get WAY too much of the drug, or that the amount of active ingredient will be consistent from lot to lot or pill to pill. And there could be synthetic intermediates, etc. present with unknown toxicities.
You not only supported my post, you completely missed the point of it.

1 - You are correct, you shouldn't put ANYTHING into your body, whether by prescription or by voodoo joojoo that you do not understand.
2 - The article is blaming an herbal supplement - something that is undefined within the article and NOT the cocaine, something to have known deleterious effects on the user.
3 - The populace has been duped by big pharm that only the lab concoctions they create in a lab, and can thereby profit from, and that anything clean and natural can't possibly be safe.

example: Taking vitamin supplements is a waste of money your body doesn't need or absorb them . . . Then why are all processed food products fortified with the very vitamins that we're being told we don't need?

Should someone just run down to the health food store and start buying supplements? Absolutely not! They need to understand what their body needs, how it is best assimilated, and the best sources for those nutrients, be it from a vitamin pill or eating properly prepared foods.
__________________
Boobies are like toy trains ... They are meant for kids but big boys like playing with them too!
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 12:13 PM   #74
suckonsimon
delivering the goods
 
suckonsimon's Avatar
 
suckonsimon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 11,098
... and my intended point in hosting this thread was simply to let guys share their own experience with herbals - good bad and indifferent - so that by sharing we can gain a little bit of amateur knowledge as users occasional or regular of these products. It's the HT Cafe after all, not the GB.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 01:01 PM   #75
Eilan
Daddy's Fuckdoll
 
Eilan's Avatar
 
Eilan is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wouldn't YOU like to know?
Posts: 10,426
Maybe God is just telling all y'all old and/or unhealthy men that it's time for you to stop having sex. Who are you to question the will of God?
__________________
Too fucking cool for a sig.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.