Lust and Traditions (Closed)

Dreamweaver28

Really Experienced
Joined
Aug 8, 2013
Posts
198
These were what summer nights were all about. The day had been oppressively hot, humid, and few were even seen outside as it was just a foolish decision to go out in that weather. But, after the sun had disappeared from the sky the temperature had dropped to such a degree that it felt like pure perfection. The town was quiet at the hour as it was a weekday, and it was a small town, no matter the day with late nights everything went silent besides for the main street and the local bars. The only sounds that broke the quiet of the night were the tiny creatures that also inhabited the place and other noises muffled by vast distances covered.

This setting was how Jordan liked it. He had gone away to college five years ago, but during the summers he always returned to find his close friends also home to enjoy the summer together. He was currently pursuing his masters so he still lived quite the college life, which to him never would get old. As usual, after he had returned from a short trip to the beach he returned to the family home where his parents and sister had vacated for their own trip south to see old friends. With the house to himself he had a place to invite his friends, party late, and wake up whenever he felt like it in a home of his own. Relax, workout, party. That was about the daily order of his life for this summer, and at 24, still in college, everything was right about that.

Jordan was smart, and fairly attractive, he had dated many really beautiful women in high school, though in college they weren't quite as easy to get. The competition was fierce, but he often let his charm, smile, and good nature carry him, which usually opened doors. He had a bright, warm smile and the light blue eyes always helped him out in getting a girl to return a smile. He always had a good tan, which got quite dark in the summer from the sun. He had light, dark brown hair. Drinking and eating junk had finally started to actually affect his body type, but with working out as diligently as he did, Jordan was able to turn the fat into some good muscle. He never liked the muscle bound d-bags at the gym and that's why he made sure to keep his muscles lean, not bulky.

On this night, like many before, Jordan had left the bar at close and split with his friends to make his own way home. He knew he was drunk, maybe toasted, but he still had his wits about him. His phone interrupted the quiet night with some good music and he enjoyed the moment. When he arrived home he didn't want to end the night just yet so he got a brew, a cigar, and went out on the front porch. As he sat his six foot two, one seventy five pound frame in the rocking chair, he exhaled as if he had just run a mile, and leaned back in the chair to throw his legs up on the railing. Jordan knew he was at the point of being really drunk, but as he sipped the new beer he cared not.

It felt great out here, it was comfortable, quiet, but he turned to his phone and an app to see if there were any women around. Swipe right, swipe left.
 

Hope Abrams was soon to be nineteen and had no clue what she was going to do with the rest of her life. It was noontime and she was already tired from the morning chores. She helped tend to her parents farm, the large fields of soy and corn, hay and then there was the garden as well as the cows and horses she couldn’t forget about. That would never be a possibility either, there was always a sibling or one of her parents to remind her of her duties.

Hope was one of nine other siblings, she had eight other siblings, and there were five boys and four girls in total. She was second oldest of the Abrams clan; her oldest brother still lived at home and was planning to marry at the age of 20 which Hope wondered if that was the road she wished to go down.

There were many females that were already married at eighteen; she was not one of them. There were young men that stood in line for her hand and her parents gave her a bit of leeway and told her if she was not being courted by the time she turned nineteen they would be choosing her husband for her. That angered Hope but that was tradition. Many of her friends were already married and ready to give birth to their first if not second child.

Hope knew she was not ready to become a domesticated wife and mother, in fact that scared her shitless. There were two paths for her to choose, and one was the ways of the Mennonite and the other path placed her into the world of the English and to her that was exciting. She loved sneaking out of the house and joining other girls just like her who were at an age of deciding what they wish to do. They would drink, dance and just have fun. Some would go against their tradition and have sex with men, some would go out and strip in clubs close by and then there was her who kept her legs closed wanting to keep her virginity for her husband but she was finding that almost hard to do with so many men tempting her and her body wanting so badly to betray their traditions.

Walking out of the field she stepped over the small creek and lifted the barbed wire fence and leaned in and crawled between the two and onto the dusty road towards the family farm house. Shiny milk cans lined the entrance to the Abrams’s farm and the fields were impeccably manicured like the gardens and the lawns. The closer she walked towards the farm house she could hear laughing children, and even the wheels on a horse drawn buggy from a neighboring farm. The sound seemed to echo through the fields of tall corn.

Looking to the left behind a gaggle of geese ran three young blonde haired girls in bonnets and flowered dresses, braided hair with matching bows chasing the fowl around the pond. Hope called out to them, “Faith, Charity and Hannah let’s go!” She watched as the three younger females fell in line behind her along the dusty road, the summer breeze stirring up the dust as it blew through.

The four girls returned to the farm house and helped fix lunch, the rest of the afternoon and evening was filled with more chores. The same routine day in and day out except for Sunday and that was church day. As the day progressed into night Hope sat swinging on the front porch just day dreaming away of what her future holds for her and at the present moment it looked bleak and depressing.

Being second oldest she didn’t have a bedtime like the youngest children and she was glad for that. She felt the humidity as she took off her bonnet and left her long hair down, wiping away the sweat on her brow. It was a Friday evening and she knew there was a party somewhere to go to. Just as her thoughts were drifting she seen a dark figure coming up her road and she stood up placing her bonnet back on her head and watched till the person came in sight.

It was her friend Ruth. Ruth was the same age, but the difference was Ruth was getting married, following traditions unlike her. Hope was 5’5, beautiful grey eyes with a long hair that when pulled back looked like a horses tail. It was a dark brown and black mixture with a few highlights that shimmered in the sun. Hope was slender, with a decent breast size which usually caught the attention of many males. She was beautiful, and could easily make it in the world of modeling which was one of her dreams in the English world. But, it was just that a dream.

Ruth came to let her know where a party was going on, Hope looked to the front door and then back to Ruth and smiled. “Let’s go.” With that said Hope smoothed her light colored flowered print dress down and pulled her bonnet over her head, grabbed her bike and off they went down the gravel and dirt road into town.


Once at the party the girls blended right in with the English and other Mennonite females. Some changed their clothing but tonight Hope and Ruth stayed dressed traditionally. They drank and danced, mingling among men older than them and a few the same age. Mostly English college kids who liked the Mennonite females, to many they were a challenge to take their virginity and move along. Though there were a few that enticed the girls into their world and sometimes it worked and other times it failed. Was a chance they took.

It was well past 2AM by the time Hope was leaving the party, on her way out she passed her eldest brother and they smiled and went their own way. He was a party boy, three times more so than Hope but the males pretty much got away with it more so than the females.

Ruth stayed behind as Hope got on her bike and started to ride through town. She weaved a bit and thought better to walk aside it than to ride. She pushed back her bonnet, the heat was almost unbearable but the breeze helped somewhat and she was sobering up slowly. She drank but not enough to get sloppy, just a buzz or a little more.

It was dead quiet except for an occasional car going by on the street as she walked he bike. She heard a low creaking sound and could smell a cigar scent in the air. She turned and looked to her right and saw a man roughly about 23-26 sitting on a front porch in a rocking chair, she could hear it creaking on the floor boards as he puffed away on a cigar. She watched as he placed his legs up on the railing and they made eye contact and she slowed down holding the stare between them.

Hope turned her head and got on her bike giving him one last glance before she placed her foot on the pedal. It must have been around 2:30-3 AM by now.
 
Swipe right, swipe left. It was getting a bit boring truly, but it was at least something to look at as he puffed on the cigar another time. As he looked across the road and through trees he thought he could stay out here forever, or at least till dawn. However, booze and looking at women on the phone also had other consequences. Jordan set down the cigar, took another sip of his beer, and saw that he had a match. A good looking match at that and he felt his phallus stir for a second. Yeah, he was pretty horny, and so he quickly went about a reply. Soon it was sent, the words had been almost a blur, and immediately he set down the phone to the side.

As he turned he looked and saw in the distance someone coming down the street, illuminated by street lights. Even from the distance he knew it was a Mennonite walking her bike home. He looked at his phone, 3 AM? Well, she had been out somewhere she hadn't been. The old timers would often jest about the Mennonite girls, when in company of young guys, and speak about flassies and other such slang. It was funny, hearing old guys talk about when they were young and ready to stud is always funny. But, not wanting to stare the whole time, not that she could see him yet, Jordan went back to his phone for a reply that had just arrived.

The girl's message said she was looking for a relationship and all that usual stuff, but one looking at her pictures and drunk would get other ideas. While he thought of the right words to say he put the phone back down and took another puff of his cigar, just as he threw his legs back up on the railing again. Somehow more time must have passed than he thought because as he looked up his eyes locked with the girl across the street, walking her bike. It wasn't easy to see exactly, but the stare was obviously for a reason; she was pretty hot, wasn't she? Now, he had made a fool of himself before with a late night holler at some Mennonite girls as they drove before, but this was different. She was alone and he wasn't that foolish tonight.

A moment or two passed before the girl broke eye contact and hopped back on her bike. Jordan's feet fell from the railing and he called out with a raise of his beer, "Good evening....," was all that he could barely get out before she had ridden off. Oh well. As he stood up, put out the cigar, he looked at his phone again and sent a suggestive message before walking inside and wandering around the house. Eventually, Jordan made his way downstairs, flipped on the TV, and took a seat on the couch. It wasn't before long that he found himself drifting asleep until he was out cold; a beer can fortunately empty as it fell from his hand, his other down his pants.
 
Hope pressed her foot down on the pedal of her bike and just as she began to ride off she heard the man's voice as he hollered to her, all he said was 'good evening' and she could tell that he had a slight slur in his wording and most likely been one of the many guys that tossed cat whistles to the Mennonite girls that either walked or rode their bikes in town.

Sometimes the cat whistles were nice to hear, it made Hope feel like she was desired by the English men, unlike those in her own religion they do it to the English girls and keep the Mennonite girls almost on this pure pedestal because most will end up marrying one. God forbid they act anything like that before and elder, that would bring shame upon the whole family of the young mans.

By the time Hope made it home it had to be 4AM and she could see the light on in the kitchen knowing her mother was up. She hadn't intended on staying out so late but time had gotten away from her and she had left later in the evening to begin with. Hope sighed as she placed her bike on the side of the house and came around to the front porch.

She turned the knob of the door and before she had a chance to push it open her mother was already helping as she yanked the door open and Hope nearly fell inside the house. By this time she was sober and very tired. her mother looked at her and shook her head. "Good Mennonite girls don't act like this Hope. We didn't raise you this way. I will be glad when you are married with husband and children. Hurry and get to bed your father will be up soon."

Her mother closed the door, she knew that of all her children Hope was the one that she worried about most even though deep within her she knew she didn't have to. She trusted her daughter but it was the English boys and men that made her fear for her young beauty. Hope was curious, she wanted to see the world and knew that one day Hope was going to join the English world, it was her gut feeling and it saddened her. A place that would eat the beautiful naive girl up and suck her into it if she wasn't careful.

Hope changed into a thin linen night gown and turned her bed down crawling into it and closing her eyes letting sleep find her almost immediately. Four hours went by fast as she heard her father yelling for her, chore time once again. he at least let her sleep in as she usually was up by 6AM but it was Saturday and her mother probably talked him into letting her sleep a little later, which was a blessing.

Once the first half of the morning chores were finished she walked from the barn to the house and her mother let her off the hook. "Please ride to town and pick these up at the store. She handed Hope a small list and money." Hope went upstairs and washed up, she pulled her hair back as the long tail fell down the middle of her back. Placing her bonnet on her head she used a couple bobby pins and placed them along the edges of the bonnet to hold it in place.

Today her dress was a light pink with small as well as large roses all over it. it was a pretty print but one that was made for elderly women. This was one part of the Mennonite tradition she wished she could change. Hope had drawings of clothing she worked hard on, designing new looks some very modern and some just blah but had a touch of English to them. She sat in the barn or out in the fields drawing them. maybe one day she would design and model her own clothing line. It was free to dream .

Hope got on her bike and headed down the driveway, pedaled along the rode and back into town. She sat up straight and loved the feel of the wind hitting her face as she smiled to those she passed and waved to those she knew. Once at the store she got what was on the list, walked out and placed it in the basket on the front of her bike and started the ride home. She stopped at a small corner bar that had a soda machine out front and got herself a soda.

She sipped it slowly wasting time and then stuck it in the basket and hoped it didn't spill all over the material her mother had ordered. Hope pedaled back through town and crossed over to the other side almost close to where she had seen the guy sitting out on his front porch in the wee early hours.
 
As he awoke on the couch Jordan groaned a bit, he didn't have a pounding headache, but he wasn't feeling one hundred percent either. It was just one of those many 'never doing that again' that he had many times already in his life. As he got up from the couch and went about a morning routine of cleaning up and a little exercise to get his body going, Jordan took a moment to look at his phone. That had been a big mistake for his mood just went a bit sour as he saw the girl had replied to his message, she obviously had been drinking or was in a mood, cause she replied and wanted to meet up. He had missed out last night, but there was always another if he was lucky.

With his spirits diminished for the moment Jordan opened the blinds and saw how hot it looked. It would only get worse for sure, or storm, so he decided to get the mowing over with. It wasn't a huge yard, but it would take a good half or maybe three quarters of an hour to complete. After brushing, putting some athletic shorts on, and worn sneakers he walked outside and nearly found himself struggling to breathe. It was oppressively hot and humid. Shirtless had been a good decision he found as he had begun sweating already while getting the lawnmower from the shed and gassing it up. With a good pull of the cord it started right away and he got started, dark shades a necessary item for his eyes.

Wheeling the lawnmower out front, sweat slowly forming and running down his athletic chest and abs, Jordan began to mow. Thankful for a flat, even yard, the chore wasn't that difficult, but his body didn't register that as he began to sweat more and more and he swore that no water, only alcohol was coming out his pores.

Just as he was about to finish the front yard, and actually had begun to wheel the lawnmower out back, he saw a girl on her bike coming down the road. She had supplies with her and was wearing a pink dress, which immediately identified her as a Mennonite. Always curious Jordan turned off the mower and began to walk towards the mailbox, which had the paper he didn't get yet, but he really didn't need to get it now. It was much more an excuse to see her closer up.

Curious got more curious as he passed from behind his car and saw that the girl was riding her bike on his side of the road, which meant that they were about to get really close up. As he got closer, he removed the sunglasses from his eyes, acting poorly like he was there for the paper, but stopped and turned to look at her as he reached the mailbox. It was as if medusa herself had just turned him to stone. Jordan looked foolish just standing there staring at what was an absolutely beautiful woman about to drive by. No matter the bonnet and modest clothes trying to hide her beauty, the loveliness in her face and eyes was overwhelming.

He smiled, dumbfounded for a moment, before he turned and reached in the newspaper box and retrieved the paper. It was at that moment that she rode by and again they locked eyes, sending Jordan's heart racing, and causing a stir in his pants. Wow, she was hot, and no matter how much they cover up when a bike seat and dress combine the curves of a woman's ass as so clearly defined.

For a moment more he stood there before he turned, grabbed his phone, and texted his best friend with a story he would love, though likely not fully believe. The heat at that moment didn't matter to him at all, and the press of the bulge against his shorts showed what mood that beautiful woman had set for him.
 
Hope stopped again and took a drink of her soda and it was warm, warm soda tasted gross to her as she stood there and poured it out into a grate along the curb of the sidewalk. taking the can she stuck it back into the basket of the bike and started riding on towards home. She was hot and sweating and hated wearing the bonnet as it made her head sweat even more.

Looking around she pushed it back off her head, a no-no while out in public but it had to be at least ninety degrees or higher out plus add in the heat index and it had to be around one hundred. She hated sweating the bonnet made her head itch and if she scratched it, that would make her look like she had bugs or something.

Lifting her head she caught a guy standing at his mailbox reaching for the daily paper. it was the same house that she passed last night and the guy was sitting on the porch drinking and smoking a cigar. Hope got a good look at him in the daylight. He was taller than her , how tall she was clueless. He had brown hair and was cute. he was semi built, nothing major but he did look as if he worked out.

As she rode by they looked at one another again, today she could see more of him unlike the evening or morning before as he was sitting under a very dim light. She could see that he had blue eyes and long lashes along with very sensual lips for a man.

Hope pedaled slowly along as she offered him a smile. As she rode by she got about twenty feet or so away from him and as she went to look back she wasn't paying attention and her bike hit one of those cracks in the sidewalk where it buckled up higher than the other part and the bike flipped flipping Hope with it as she fell to the ground.

Hope felt like an idiot as she cried out in pain. She tried moving about and getting the bike off of her as she could feel the pain in her knee as well as her elbow when she moved her arm. She didn't care who was around or if anyone still was as the tears began to fall from her eyes and rolled down her cheek.

Blood was soaking through the fabric of her dress as she tugged at the hem of it and pulled it up noticing the dress was ripped as well. She had a gash on her knees and it was turning black and blue just like her elbow. She knew this was going to hurt as she tried standing up seeing that her front bike tire was a little twisted and that only made her cry harder.

Today was turning out to not being her day at all.
 
Jordan had just about gotten to the lawnmower when he heard a crash from the front of the house. Unsure what the sound was from he turned about and looked back to see the girl that had just passed had lost control and crashed. Her supplies she had been carrying were scattered and she had pulled the bike off of her. Her whimpering and crying wasn't unsurprising as that had to have hurt badly. Immediately, he began to walk over towards her, hoping that he could help and see how bad she was hurt. As he got closer Jordan watched as she lifted her dress a bit to look at her knee before she tried to then stand.

"Are you alright? That was a nasty fall," he said as he walked past her and went to help gather her supplies for her as some had rolled out into the street. Still sweating and shirtless he cared not about his appearance or improper appearance in her presence as he wanted to help. As he gathered a few things and returned them to the other items on the ground he saw her bike on re-approach and noticed the front tire frame was bent a bit.

It was then he looked at her for the first time since coming to help, she was still crying a bit, tears on her face, and blood and a bruise were on her elbow and had ruined her dress. Blood had begun to soak through her dress at the knee as well. This wasn't as easy as asking her if she needed to use his phone or if he could give her a ride. He was fairly certain she could do neither. So, as he looked at her face, so lovely despite the tears, he asked how he could help. "Uhh, can I get you some water or anything? How can I help?" To any other woman the answer would be obvious, as previously stated, but this wasn't a normal situation when you knew all the rules and so forth.
 
Hope pushed the bike a little further away from her with her other foot and turned her head hearing the guy from the mailbox coming walking over towards her as she felt embarrassed but again it didn't matter as much as the pain she was feeling over rode that. She reached up and wiped away the first few tears but as she moved more fell slowly from the corners of her eyes.

"Are you alright? That was a nasty fall,"he asked her as she tried to stand and her knee didn't want to work with her as she sat her rounded bottom back upon the sidewalk again. She watched as he moved around her gather up her mother's items that spilled out from the bag that was sitting in the front basket on her bike.

He turned back to her as he got them all together and placed then close to her in a neat pile. "I-I'm not sure and thank you for helping me..." Hope replied as her cheeks flushed a light pink. She got an even better look at his face and she liked the shade of blue his eyes were and the long lashes really made them stick out.

He had a scent to him that was a mixture of sweat and stale beer with a hint of stale cigar as well. That didn't really matter at the moment, what mattered was he was offering to help her in any way he could and for that Hope was grateful.

Out of nowhere a warm breeze came though and blew the bonnet off her head as long wisps of her dark hair blew across her face. Hope reached up and winced as her elbow hurt when she bent it and brushed the hairs away only for them to come back across her face as she felt helpless and hopeless at the same time.

"Uhh, can I get you some water or anything? How can I help?" he asked as she tried to offer a polite smile but she wasn't really feeling in the happiest of moods at the moment.

"Can you please help me up first?" She asked, as her voice was soft and soothing almost angelic like. She spoke pristine clear without any accent and if she wasn't dressed as she was nobody would have guessed her for being what she was. Apparently the stereo type Mennonite was a plain Jane girl that was borderline attractive as most think because of the plain clothing and face.

She offered her hand to him as he head dropped back, her neck was long and slender as she tossed her head to the side. "Then if it wouldn't be a bother I'll take the glass of water. It is very hot today." Hope wasn't afraid to ask him but she was always afraid of what the English answer would be. "Is there a chance that I...I could get a ride home?" She had no idea if he even had a car or anything but it was a long walk home now.
 
After he gathered her things he watched her sitting there in obvious discomfort. It looked like she had a painful spill and it the wounds were still there. Not many could brush those aside or hide the pain. He was sure walking tomorrow was not going to be much easier with the bruises that would likely show up on top of those she already had. Jordan had just returned when a breeze picked up and blew off her bonnet causing her hair to cascade about her. Unlikely that it was, she looked even more beautiful as any man would agree.

"Oh, of course," he said, a bit surprised that she wanted help and asked for it. It wasn't like that was an unusual request, but most people had stereotypes, and the Mennonite woman were seen as being avoiding of non-Mennonite or male contact in general. "No germanic accent, kind of unusual," he said, smiling, showing her was being a bit lighthearted in the moment as he reached out and took her hand. Her hand was as soft as most women he knew, but it wasn't coarse either. Slowly, he guided her to her feet and came in a bit closer to ensure she wouldn't fall. When she had her footing he slowly let go of her hand, not that he really wanted to.

Oh, of course," he said, again, which he realized he did so afterwards and felt a bit awkward about it. "Give me one second," he said, taking her items over to his car and then went inside to get her a glass of water. A moment later he had returned with her water and handed it to her before easily picking up her bike, and walked it over to his car. It didn't exactly fit that well in the trunk, but it would do, and her items fit as well.

Minutes passed while he loaded everything and she had barely made it anywhere as he could see every step was a bit painful for her. "Take your time, no rush. Here, may I help you?" He was sweaty, surely had some smell, but he offered her his shoulder to lean on and his body to hold onto to help her along. The close proximity to her was intoxicating, she didn't smell like he found many of her people did and with her tanned skin, and long dark brown hair he couldn't help but realize that though she was a different culture, both of their people had come from the very same place.
 
"Oh, of course, he said back to her and Hope was thankful he wasn't the type to just stand around at his mailbox and watch her struggle alone as those people were out there. They didn't understand the ways of the Amish or Mennonite and she had no clue why. So, they were different but that was what made the world go round. they lived very different lives, the cultures were similar in ways and very different in others.

"No Germanic accent, kind of unusual," He said picking up that her accent had faded away unlike many other's all she wished to do was find her place in life and where she fit in. The accent was always a dead give away she was Mennonite.

"It makes it easier to fit into your world to be honest. The attire gives away who I am but the loss of the accent in the English world does help some with people accepting me." Which was true and acceptance to a young woman her age is important. No matter where one was from fitting in was important to anyone, finding where they belong, as some would call them cliques and other's would say she was trying to hide who she was and what she was.

Hope didn't know what her future plans were, she knew she wanted more in life than being married young, having babies and working the farm as well as all the chores inside the home. As fast as her parents were trying to get her married off hope was rebelling.

Hope felt his larger hand close around hers as he helped her to her feet. As she stood she felt the pressure on her knee and winced a bit. She watched as he took the things to his car and then her bike, he got her a glass of water as she reached back and pulled the bonnet up over her head once again hiding part of her face and hair from the outside world as they called it in her tight knit community.

"Take your time, no rush. Here, may I help you?" he asked as Hope wasn't going to turn it down, not now as she could feel her knee wanting to give away as she took a step. it was swelling up and turning dark black and purple fast.

As she leaned on his shoulder, she could smell his salty manly scent, and oddly enough it wasn't that bad. The hint of stale beer and cigar was faint and she could deal around it as it wasn't as bad as the smell of the barns she cleaned out daily. "I don't live far up the road just outside of town. My family farm is where the shiny milk cans sit along the road on each side of the driveway back to the farm. If you could drop me there I can hobble back to the house and I'd appreciate it.

As he helped her to the car and stopped opening the door she smiled looking into his eyes as she made eye contact. "I cannot thank you enough. My name is Hope." She said introducing her self as it was appropriate to do. She winced again as she bent her knee to get into his car. Hope hated putting him through this trouble to help her, the Mennonite liked doing things on their own, counting on their own kind but there was no way around this without her taking hours to hobble home dragging along side a bike that was kind of useless at the time.
 
She certainly was going to be feeling it much worse tomorrow that was for certain. As he helped her to the car he could feel most of her lightweight upon him, seeking his guidance, as she had been sapped of strength due to the injury. As she spoke of where she lived he nodded and smiled, "I know exactly where that is, pass it all the time. I'm not English either, came from the same lands your people did," he began to say, but realized that he was talking needlessly as he didn't know what her people knew of the outside world or anything really, he was naive on particulars. "Lived here all my life so I know most places well, think the farm next to yours is the one where my buddies and I hunt sometimes." They had reached his car by this point and as he stopped to open the door he turned and found her face very close to his own, their eyes meeting, and a moment of pause followed.

He smiled and helped her into the car after she had introduced herself. "Nice to meet you Hope, I'm Jordan," he said, releasing her fully as she had taken a seat by now. "Let me go grab a shirt, then I'll take you home," he said, and disappeared for a moment, and the next he was opening his door and getting in. Starting up the car he left his driveway and drove her home, uneventfully. When they had finally come to her long lane she had told him that was it and he had assumed as much already.

"I'll get your things and then I'll come help you," he said, got out of the car, removed her bike from the trunk and placed her items in its basket. The last thing he wanted to do was lean it against his car, but he really had no choice. In the side mirror he could see Hope watching him, which caused him to smile. Finally, he opened her door and slowly helped her again to her feet, drawing her unnervingly close. Again, he felt himself getting a bit aroused, which seemed dumb for he wasn't exactly a young teenage boy anymore, but everything about her attracted him, enticed him.

"Are you sure you'll be alright? I could always drive down your lane and say I saw you injured out here, if, that's what you want." Jordan realized he hadn't given them much space yet and so he stepped back a bit after she looked alright to stand on her own, he didn't want to be too close anyways as he wasn't exactly totally proper at the moment.
 
I know exactly where that is, pass it all the time. I'm not English either, came from the same lands your people did," he said catching her off guard with that statement. It wasn’t that he knew where her family farm was but the part that they came from the same lands. Then she realized he was speaking of his bloodline, his heritage and smiled.

He quickly dismissed the topic and started on another. She knew the ‘buddy’ that he had spoke about and most likely she had seen them out in the woods and fields dressed in bright orange and cammo hunting along the fence dividing the two plots of ground.

“I know of your ‘buddy’. I see him out alone walking through the woods and field with his shot gun come fall time. I’ve never seen him have anything in his hands like a dead rabbit, squirrel or with a deer anywhere.” Taking a breath she held it as the pain in her knee subsided then blew it out. “

He introduced himself as Jordan and Hope smiled. “Pleasure Jordan.” Then excused him self to get a shirt although he did look darn good without one, Hope wasn’t going to complain but it was nice he offered to dress fully before taking her to the farm driveway. He returned quickly and got in, from there he took her home and was very nice to her as she pointed the place out.

He offered to gather her items as she waited and she watched looking into the side mirror of the car till he was done. She felt bad that she bothered him but thankful he helped her out. Once he was done, he rested the bike against the car and then opened the door for her as she got out and released a few sounds as she was still in pain.

"Are you sure you'll be alright? I could always drive down your lane and say I saw you injured out here; if, that's what you want." He offered as she smiled.

“I’ll be okay Jordan you have already helped me enough today and I am very grateful for your help. I can offer you payment if you like I have a couple dollars still.” Hope was digging into one of the pockets of her dress as she heard a tractor coming from behind and turned seeing her father on it as she waved to him and held out the money for Jordan to take.

“My father will help me from here.” She smiled to him giving him that long glance as to remember his face.
 
He smiled when she talked about his buddy and his lack of any hunting talent, that was true, he never saw anything cause he was too loud and wouldn't be able to hit anything anyways. When everything was said and done, he had helped her out of the car, her things were ready to go, and her father was coming down the lane he didn't even notice the money at first. He mustn't have heard her say anything about it at first, but when he saw it he shook his head. "No, most certainly not, it was nothing to help you, really, it was the right thing to do." Jordan knew that this wouldn't be the last time he'd see her, unless her father ensured she went nowhere, but he didn't know how much past this point would be said.

"I do hope you feel better soon, be a bit more careful next time," he said, realizing he sounded way too parent-like with the advice. He smiled as he looked into her lovely eyes and wished that this didn't have to end right now. Infatuation was a good word for it, but she was well spoken, polite, and he sensed she was interested in his further company as well. "Well, I'm just glad I could help. It was very nice to meet you Hope." As he got into his car he gave her father a wave and did a U-turn to head back into town.

When he arrived home he thought about her, he couldn't help himself. He would have an interesting story to tell the guys tonight at the bar. As darkness rolled in he went out, as he always did, and came home late, drunk, as the summer allowed him to do as much as he wanted. He hoped Hope would be fine in a couple of days, he'd love to see her ride by again. It was with that thought, and the thought of how nice and hot she was, that he grabbed his phone and texted the girl from the other night, he had an urge that needed satisfying.
 
Hope liked when he smiled, apparently they were talking about the same friend as the look on his face said it all. There was only a couple farms on that road, two were Mennonite owned and then the one English owned so it had to be the same man they were speaking about who was his friend.

"No, most certainly not, it was nothing to help you, really, it was the right thing to do." Hope looked at him as she held the few bills in her hand, it was their way to pay for everything they could with the English. if it was one of her own she would have offered something back, more babysitting, or some sort of baked good or casserole. Between them it was more barter than monetary in trade and with the English it was always monetary payment unless they came to them and asked for a favor like sharpening blades for a lawn mower or what not.

Jordan refused the money and as much as it upset hope she understood he wasn't going to take it no matter how much it was forced upon him. She would figure out a way to pay him back in the future. "I do hope you feel better soon, be a bit more careful next time," he said as she smiled.

"Wasn't my fault the sidewalk was cracked and sticking up." She said back with a blush to her cheeks and their eyes held a stare for a few moments as for Hope the world stopped there just her and him within it till he broke the moment.

"Well, I'm just glad I could help. It was very nice to meet you Hope." he said as he got into his car and closed the door.

Hope smiled once again, "was a pleasure Jordan, and thank you so much for the help. was very kind of you." After that she turned to look to her father that offered a wave back to the stranger that had just dropped her daughter off.

Hope turned and watched him drive away till he was out of sight and then turned back to her father who was already off the tractor and had put her bike up on it as he shook his head. He picked up the items from the store and put them in an empty feed sack he had on the tractor and helped her up as well as she explained to him what happened and he understood when he looked at her elbow and knee why she took the ride home from the man.

Hope took a bath and cleaned her self up, her mother wrapped her elbow and knee and the local doctor came by just to make sure she was fine, no broken bones or anything. She was, just banged up pretty bad. Hope stayed in bed for two days, on the third she woke early and baked banana bread, wrapping one up and placing it aside.

She smiled as her mother joined her and she was able to move about better. They made breakfast and Hope explained where she was going that morning as her mother nodded and then sighed. Hope explained it was the least she could do for the help Jordan had offered.

Her brother fixed the bike the day afterwards and hope left and rode into town, this time she was more cautious while riding on the sidewalks and more so stuck to the street if it was possible. She stopped at his house and got off her bike as she walked up the steps and knocked on the door as her bike leaned against the fence. She held the banana bread in her hands as she was ready to offer it if he came to the door if not she would let it sit on the rocker and she'd go back home.
 
A few days had passed, but Jordan hadn't stopped thinking of Hope or hoping to see her ride by. Infatuation was a hard thing to break, especially as he was a young guy who had many urges to fill. The girl from the website had came over that night and once since, but they both knew there was nothing to it other than a little fun. It had been lots of fun, but this morning he had woke alone and gone about very little. He was lounging on the couch, it was too hot outside anyways, and watched some television. Hearing a knock at the door he figured it was some kids trying to sell something for a fundraiser, which they did way too much, but usually they sold something edible and worth it.

As he opened the front door he was a bit surprised to see Hope there, but he quickly smiled. He was dressed in athletic shorts, again, but this time he actually had a shirt on. "Good morning, looks like you're doing a bit better," he said, and then noticed the banana bread, something his mom made as well. "I sure hope that is for me, I love banana bread. Please, come in." He forgot at that moment that entering the home of a man when not married to him or with your husband was a bit no-no, but he had been forgetful right then.

She looked just as beautiful as the last time he had seen her, she smelled nice, and the fact that he had been thinking about her was making him act impulsively. He opened the door wider and stepped to the side, allowing her to enter if she wanted. His heart began to beat a bit faster, it was instinct that did this, for having a beautiful woman enter your home, when he could tell there was attraction, meant that she wanted something more than just to visit or to give you some item.
 
"Good morning, looks like you're doing a bit better," he said as he answered the door and looked at who was standing there. Hope blushed a little bit as he gave him a bright white smile that could light up any room for sure.

"I am, thanks to you." She replied back, her long hair under the bonnet , yet it cascaded down the front of her chest and over her breasts. It was shiny and clean as he could see the lighter brown highlights that shimmered in the morning sun. Hope shifted her weight nervously from side to side while holding the thankful offering.

"I sure hope that is for me, I love banana bread. Please, come in." Jordan said as she looked a bit nervous as she pondered what to do. it was not tradition for her to enter his home, he was English, she was Mennonite and they were only friends, if you could call it that at this point of just meeting but Hop being Hope, was at a rebellious age.

She looked left then to the right and peered both ways to see if anyone was coming who would see her and at that moment as he stepped aside and opened the door wonder for her almost tempting her, daring her to make that decision and she did.

Hope stepped inside and moved to the side so he could close the door as she held the freshly bakes bread. She offered it to him letting him take it as she looked around. Inside the house was clean, it didn't smell and she peered about to see if anyone else was around.

What Hope forgot was that her bike was still out front for anyone to see it . Those who knew her, those who knew the bike belonged to a Mennonite would and could cause her a lot of trouble but she didn't think about that she just wanted to take that step forth and enter the house. "This is nice. Do you live her alone?"
 
He closed the door behind her allowing them the privacy of being truly alone. The bread smelled wonderful and her presence made him very happy. It was a big house for just one man so he smiled and shook his head. "No, it's not even mine, but my parents. I go away to college, but during the summer I'm most often home." He stepped inside further and allowed her to follow if she wished. As he walked into the kitchen he looked back a moment to see if she was still with him. "I'm guessing it's a bit unlike what you're used to." Many of her kind had electricity now and other modern conveniences, but they were so varied he was unsure what was allowed.

It was at that moment he realized about her being in his house alone with him and how taboo that likely was, why it didn't dawn on him earlier he didn't know. It she had been any other girl, really any other, he would have been formulating some game plan by now, but in this moment he was a bit clueless. He loved the way her hair swayed as she walked and even when she leaned from one side to the next, at its length he wondered if she had ever even had it cut.

"Would you care for a drink?" Alone in the kitchen together he leaned against the counter he watched her and smiled, knowing this was all so foreign to her and she had to be far more concerned and nervous than he was. As he watched her he thought about everything that he'd dare not say to her, the allure of the forbidden nature of this and what his manhood was telling him it wanted. The slight bulge in his shorts was impossible to hide, unless one wasn't looking.

There was silence for awhile, a conversation starter between them was hard, they were from different worlds. "I don't mean to be rude, but isn't being in my house like incredibly forbidden?" He smiled, it was a lighthearted question in his mind, but quite more serious in hers. Had he said the wrong thing? His dark blue eyes watched her closely, often looking directly into her own eyes, searching for what she was thinking and feeling.
 
He explained to Hope that it was his parents home which explained the older style and not anything modern like a few other places she had been to where parties were held. "It's really nice."

"I'm guessing it's a bit unlike what you're used to." he said as she looked around the kitchen after following him into it and stood there.

Hope laughed softly. "We have electricity and some of the modern convinces at my house." She said and smiled. "My family and some others are what are called progressive Mennonites. We don't have all the fancy things, but we do have some."

"The church allows those who want electricity to have it as well as telephones, and modern kitchen appliances. Most churches, though not all, would allow computers, cell phones, tape and CD players, and cameras. None allow television. Individual churches decide what to allow and what not to allow based on the extent to which they wish to control the level of influence from surrounding secular society, and the level of technology acceptance in any given church is reflected in the amount the church’s practices and mindsets are influenced and blended with that of Western society."

"The church does allow computers as well but the time on them is limited as is what one does upon it. Porn is a definite no-no." Hope said educating him a little though he seemed to be a bit knowledgeable already.

Hope watched as he looked her over, she smiled back as she stood there slightly nervous. "Would you care for a drink?" he asked as she nodded.

"Yes please, cold water would be fine." She responded as she took a seat in a chair and hoped he didn't mind as she stood there it agitated her knee and she still had a long bike ride back home again. As he got her the drink she looked him over. He was older than her as she could plainly see that right away.

"I don't mean to be rude, but isn't being in my house like incredibly forbidden?" He asked her.

"Yes but sometimes we bend the rules a little bit. My parents knew i was coming here to thank you for the help you freely given to me the other day. I didn't plan on staying but its a bit warm to ride back right away and to be honest I don't feel like going back to do any chores yet. My knee and elbow still give me pain."

"Mind if I ask what you go to college for? I plan on going in the Fall."
 
He knew all about the various degrees of what was allowed or not allowed, but many times it was up to the individual or family unit. Their use of computers was news to him though, it was a bit surprising, as was her mention of porn. One of the last things you expect to hear from a Mennonite is that word. In fact, he had to struggle not to laugh that she had said that, she didn't seem fazed by it at all. As he grabbed her the glass of water he turned back to see her sitting, which he should have offered as well as she had hurt her knee in the crash. There was certainly something going on here more than just a 'thank you', but what that something else was he didn't know.

After he handed her the water he took a seat in a chair next to her and turned it her way. He sat back, relaxed a bit as they continued their discussion. "Oh, so Mennonites do act naughty from time to time. The only time we see you and especially children I think every parent is jealous cause the kids don't misbehave at all and are so polite." He smiled and after her response he likewise responded to an earlier question of her own.

"I go to school in economics and computers actually. You're going to college?" Of course, that's what she said wasn't it? The stereotypes were bad and he had been trying, but failing, to avoid them. "That's great, congratulations actually," he said as he reached out and placed his hand on top of her own that rested on the table. He hesitated at the thought of removing it, but didn't, instead he let it remain until she asked him to or removed her hand from underneath his. As he leaned back in the chair he felt himself stirring again, he couldn't control it at all, and especially not in her presence, alone, with him in this house.
 
Hope watched his face, he seemed to be a little bit surprised when she talked about the internet and computers. It was uncommon but there were more modern Mennonites these days as some have changed with the times but only to a certain degree. They still didn't allow such things that would bring evil into the minds of not only the young but as well as the elder.

He also seemed a bit caught off guard when she said the word 'porn'. Hope may have been a Mennonite but she still was part of the real world.

Placing the glass before her on the table she smiled and looked at him and was trying to figure the man out. he seemed to drink a lot, smoked cigars and went to college but she wondered what else he was about or if that was it. he was nice looking, he kept in shape but she wasn't sure about anything else.

Hope took life serious, you only get one and she wasn't sure what she was going to do with it but make something of her life. College was as far as she got at the moment and a few parties outside the family life that is and she knew for sure she wished to not be cleaning up horse/cow shit forever even as it was an honest chore.

Hope drifted into her thoughts, coming out from them when she heard him speak."Oh, so Mennonites do act naughty from time to time. The only time we see you and especially children I think every parent is jealous cause the kids don't misbehave at all and are so polite." She smiled at the comment. he really didn't know about the punishment some Mennonite get for misbehavior.

He had no idea how some of those parents got their children to act that way. between the spankings with whatever they used to pinching, yanking hair, burns, slapping faces and the list went on and on. Hope just thought better to agree and just let it at that instead of saying that some are so scared to act out, at least till teen years then they just left home and ventured into the English world. Some returned and some didn't and it wasn't all by choice. Shunning was common.

"Yes, we are very disciplined."

She wanted to go to college again another look on his face, it seemed he had a different misconception of her. Hope nodded as he spoke about what he was going to college for. "Thank you. I don't wish to be married, pregnant, and stuck working a farm and doing all the house work the rest of my life. I want more, much more."

That was when she felt his hand upon hers. Hope wasn't sure what she wished to do, to remove it and leave or to let it there and stay. She knew she had spent enough time there already and her bike had been out front long enough for possibly another to have seen it and tattle on her.

"I must go, I have been here long enough. Thank you for the water and inviting me in. it was a pleasure to talk with you." She pulled her hand away and stood up looking to him. Hope gazed into his eyes and then looked over his face searching for...she had no idea. "Hope we can talk again." She leaned in and placed a kiss to his cheek and quickly headed to the door and went out it.

Hope stopped at the bottom of the steps and took a quick look back and then reached for her bike, pulled it up and straddled over it as she placed her foot on the peddle with a grimace and started her ride home.

The ride home all she could do was think of him, there was something about him that drew Hope in wanting to know more. The ride seemed to take forever as she rode down the driveway and stopped at the side of her house. Walking inside her father was sitting there giving her an evil look.

Hope knew she was in trouble now as he glared and pointed to the seat across from him. Apparently somebody seen her bike and she was no where about. Hope hated to lie but if she didn't she was afraid of the consequences that would fall upon her and knew it would be painful.

"He wasn't home father. His mother was and asked me to gone in and...well...she asked for some help with hanging drapes."

After they sat there for it seemed hours, he left her go and took her for her word. Hope knew if she was going to ever return she needed to be more careful.
 
The girl was bright, smart, and had goals for herself. It wasn't that he didn't expect that, it was just she was so different than what he did expect being from the culture she was a member of. Jordan was enjoying their conversation because it was with someone so different, yet she was starting to seem so much not different than himself or the women he met every day. When his hand laid upon her own he was glad that she didn't instantly pull away. There had been those moments between them when he knew there was something there and he was sure she felt the same way.

Just as he was about to ask her a more personal question she apologized and said that she had to go, and with that pulled her hand away from his. He assumed as much was coming, but never the less it disappointed him. Before he could even stand she was thanking him and had locked eyes. He smiled at her then, knowing she had no desire to leave, but he didn't expect the kiss that quickly came upon his cheek as she leaned in. In an instant later she was on her feet and leaving as he placed his hand upon his cheek and slowly stood. "Uhh, yeah, of course we can, anytime. You know where to find me," he said, so quickly and such it almost seemed like stammering.

After she had left he opened the door and got a glimpse of her leaving before he turned and went back inside. As he looked down he realized that he was incredibly turned on by that moment and how fortunate it was he hadn't stood up earlier or she would have seen her impact on him. He never knew if he'd see her again really, he couldn't call, couldn't write, couldn't even visit really. It was a bit disheartening, but there wasn't much else he could do.

Five days passed and he hadn't seen her at all, she hadn't stopped in, hadn't rode her bike by, but then again he had been busy as well and might have missed her. It was late on Friday night and he had just been dropped off by his friend at his house. After going inside and changing into athletic shorts and a t-shirt he grabbed a beer and walked outside to his lounging spot. The crickets were out tonight and the sound was actually a bit annoying, but the beer tasted good and the app he was looking at had some women nearby that got his interest. He began to see if any were around and wanted to 'hang out'.
 
Hope was pretty much banned to leave the property over the next few days. her father didn't punish her physically but he pushed her manually giving her a few more chores added on to the list she had already had and he pulled one more thing behind her back thinking because he was her father he had the right to...and that was bringing a Mennonite male over for her to meet. More so it was for him to meet his daughter and not the other way around.

The young man was 22, he wasn't what Hope would have had in mind for a male suitor for sure. he was shorter than her, he wasn't really her type as far as physical features. She looked stronger than him, like he didn't work much and that didn't sit with her. Hope wanted a man with dreams, goals and wouldn't push all the burdens over to her and this man didn't seem to fit.

She appeased her father and cook dinner with her mother, they sat at the table and she could feel all the pressure being placed on her. She was the one that was to bring up the conversation, but she had nothing to ask of his man. She could feel the stares from her father as his eyes seemed to burn a hole right through her as she didn't look up, more down to her plate the whole dinner.

After dinner her father pushed them to sit outside on the porch and get to know each other better. Hope once again did so to make him happy and to avoid any more punishments from her father. His name was Allen, and all he wanted was the typical wife, children and a farm. All he expected from her was to birth children, cook, clean, take care of everything in the house and then help with the farm. Hope knew she wanted more, a different life outside the Mennonite family.

That evening after everyone went to bed she snuck quietly around the house and got on her bike and headed into town. Stopping along side the rode she hid within the brush and cried. She wanted more and she was going to have it, her dreams were so much more. She still believed in Mennonite values, she wouldn't give her virginity up till that wedding day, yes she drank but didn't get drunk and she liked trying to blend in with the English.

Getting back on her bike she rode into town, she needed to clear her head and part of her wanted to see him. As she rode down the street she could see a shadow of him on the front porch with a beer in hand. Stopping, she smiled into the darkness, the street light was dim as she greeted him, "Hello again."
 
An hour or so had gone by but he had come back out to the porch after he finished the first beer with a few more. There was simply nothing to do, he wasn't tired, and he couldn't seem to get in contact with any of the women that he had talked to in the past. Fuck it, that's about it, and he went back to simply relaxing and drinking slowly when he saw a bike pull up in the street. The street light wasn't exactly over her, but he didn't need to see her to know who it was. No other person would be riding around on their bike at this time of night or would they be wearing a long dress. He smiled and stood at the railing as she said her hello.

"Hey there, what are you doing out so late? Going off to make mischief?" He smiled, he was a bit drunk, and the girl that had invaded his dreams the last couple of days was right in front of him. "Why don't you join me? If you're going to college at least you'll need to learn how to drink or avoid such offers properly." He held up a drink for her to come to with a smile, his body excited by her presence alone.
 
Hope stood there under the dim street light, nobody was our, all home snuggled in bed or if not they should have been. "Hey there, what are you doing out so late? Going off to make mischief?" She heard him say and smiled as she looked around just because she was used to looking over her shoulders.

Getting off her bike she pushed it over closer and then entered the yard through the gate and put her bike in behind a hedge row and turned and smiled to him. “No, no parties or dancing tonight.” Hope replied as she walked to the bottom of the steps and looked up to him. Her bonnet was back off her head and her hair was down, the warm breeze blew it across her face as she blinked then reached up and brushed it away and stuck it behind her ears only for it to happen again.

Why don't you join me? If you're going to college at least you'll need to learn how to drink or avoid such offers properly." He said as she smirked and walked up the steps and leaned against the porch post.

“What makes you think that I don’t know how to drink already? Is it because of me being Mennonite?” She asked and stepped closer. “I can’t be seen here this late at night. Never know when another will come by and see me. I –I…” She stopped there not wanting to tell him what her father could possibly do to her for punishment.

Hope slowly moved and sat on the porch kind of hiding her self from the outside world as she looked at him. “I drink just not much. I don’t care for the taste really. I do like parties and going dancing.” She took the drink offered and then sat back where she was looking to him. “This all you do is drink and nothing else?”
 
As she stood a few steps below him he looked down at her and smiled, she was gorgeous, and Jordan was awestruck every moment with her. When the wind picked up her hair and tossed it about he smiled more, the movement was like a flag waving him in, and he was like a moth to a flame. Standing there he watched her climb the few steps and lean against the porch post, watching him through the darkness, as he watched her. "No, maybe I just thought you were all sweet and innocent and would dare not do something you shouldn't be doing. But, then again, you are here," he said, smiling teasingly.

Nodding to her reasoning he moved and let her sit as he sat beside her soon after, her eyes seemed to never stop looking his way. "The taste is something one must acquire or simply has, I never use to like beer, but I've grown accustomed to it." As she took the drink he offered and sipped from it he smiled at her question and shook his head. "No, but it is late, it was nice out here, quiet, and a beer helps me relax. I hope it doesn't give you a bad impression of me, if you wish, I can stop for now. I do love to go dancing too by the way." He quickly changed the tone of the conversation to something more positive.

After a few minutes passed of chatting and relaxing he continued with a more direct or curious question. "What brought you to visit me so late at night? Visiting at all is against rules, but at night, drinking, and alone? That must be a very big bad thing to do." He obviously was leading the question for an answer he thought was true and hoped would come. She liked him, maybe more than just an interesting conversation party. His thoughts were obviously of a nature that most men couldn't help avoiding, but his interest in her was quite beyond just that as well.
 
Back
Top