Time Between Volunteering and Approval

Combat323

Really Experienced
I signed up to be a volunteer editor about a month ago, but I'm still pending approval. Is this normal? I've done plenty of editing anyway, and the day job is eating me alive right now, but I was surprised to log on and see that my status still hasn't changed. It's like getting a TS/SCI clearance from scratch. Was I supposed to be polygraphed?

Did you save your changes to your editing profile?

Of course signing up formally as a Volunteer Editor is a lot like making the effort to board a sinking ship.

It's like getting a TS/SCI clearance from scratch. Was I supposed to be polygraphed?

This is serious business combat.
If you let a writer end a sentence in a preposition or incorrectly use a colon when a semicolon is called for.

If I remember right, a nice lady will come by for your urine sample during week five of the application process. She will definitely want to watch you go for some reason (must be a trust issue). The guy who came to give me the prostate exam the next day was way worse (I have no idea why a healthy prostate is important but he was very committed to a thorough exam).

Personally, I found the process more than a little intrusive.

note: not an editor and have no idea what the actual process is but it was fun imagining how Literotica could dirty up a slow bureaucratic process.

How about:

Scarlett O'Hara
Pluto
Tom Sawyer
Sherlock Holmes
Jack Ryan

Back