The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, school is in session. Today's topic: Why you should know who Karen Carpenter was. Here's a hint, it was not just because of her music, which was influential to pop music back in the day.

Karen Carpenter probably had more influence on the world by the way she died. You see, she suffered from anorexia. But she essentially wasted away until she was nothing more than a skeleton with skin. She looked like a concentration camp survivor, and yet still couldn't see herself as anything other than overweight. The public watched in shock as this beautiful woman starved herself to death. :(

Before her case, anorexia and bulemia were not even heard of outside of clinical circles. As tragic as her case was, it brought these condition to the public awareness, and hopefully made it possible for thousands of young women to get help to deal with that issue.

To FHD, sorry for being sassy, Sugar Bear, but I just had to take a poke at you. :D :kiss:

Last edited:
There are several diagnoses in the anorexia family.

I have learned to stop being upset because anorexia nervosa is shortened.

It's being talked about. More and more and more people are aware of it.

And that is way better than it used to be.

Okay, school is in session. Today's topic: Why you should know who Karen Carpenter was. Here's a hint, it was not just because of her music, which was influential to pop music back in the day.

Karen Carpenter probably had more influence on the world by the way she died. You see, she suffered from anorexia. But she essentially wasted away until she was nothing more than a skeleton with skin. She looked like a concentration camp survivor, and yet still couldn't see herself as anything other than overweight. The public watched in shock as this beautiful woman starved herself to death. :(

Before her case, anorexia and bulemia were not even heard of outside of clinical circles. As tragic as her case was, it brought these condition to the public awareness, and hopefully made it possible for thousands of young women to get help to deal with that issue.

To FHD, sorry for being sassy, Sugar Bear, but I just had to take a poke at you. :D :kiss:

Nods

well that makes more sense.

And don't worry about the sass. I'll just find a good reason to paddle that sweet bottom later. ;)

Another fun fact!

My mom worked at the hospital, and in the ER, that Karen Carpenter was brought into when she died, but was not working at the time. Worked later that night or something like that.

Another fun fact!

My mom worked at the hospital, and in the ER, that Karen Carpenter was brought into when she died, but was not working at the time. Worked later that night or something like that.

Bubbles-The third person name dropper.

grins

FUCK!!

Will you please just sit the fuck down, shut the hell up and let me fuck you until we are both sweaty and bleeding?

Thank you.

I have a cousin that knows the guy that came up with the term "name dropper."

I knew it Daddy.
You told me that like 5 days ago. I yawned and nodded remember?

snorts laughter

Not you, ya brat!

I plan on breaking anything I play with...and I don't want YOU broken...

would pay cash to see a square off between Luna and Big Poppa.
Would put money on Luna. He's bigger but she's wicked.

would pay cash to see a square off between Luna and Big Poppa.
Would put money on Luna. He's bigger but she's wicked.

Wanders in, just long enough to whisper sweet nothings in Vivi's ear AND tell her...

Half way through the approval process...

Kisses a pretty one and departs for parts unknown.

Hey lovely witchiness. I don't think Lit is back up to par yet. Maybe someone needs to poor some espresso in its tank.

It's definitely working, in fits and starts!

glances around warily before kicking Lit sharply up the rear

grins

Well, it can't hurt, can it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back