Strange Bedfellows (closed for silvertongue217)

grdybiwife

Enhancer of reality
Joined
Jul 17, 2011
Posts
1,983
One never knows how they will take to solitude until they experience it. Sure there’s always speculation but how can one be sure until the silence descends and the only voice to be heard comes from within. In a society driven by near constant contact, the idea of it seems a novel thing. But there are those who don’t mind the anonymity of a life alone, they crave it. They seek it out and embrace it.

Sombria Guerra was one such being. Father had laughed at her when she told him of her decision to leave the comforts of Home and assured her that when she was “done with her tantrum” he would welcome her back with open arms. “As I always have and always will,” he promised, intentionally reminding her of her past attempts. Her past failures. She spat at his feet, hefted her bag and stormed out of his office to a chorus of gasps from his advisors. Such blatant disrespect would not normally have been tolerated but Sombria was different.

He found her feral and naked, hiding in the barn of a long deserted farm in the old country. Perhaps two human generations ago, Sombria could never be sure of the time. She didn’t remember much of her life before Father found her and made her into a daughter of sorts. She couldn’t speak, reduced to her most primal by a Vampire who didn’t care to see her through the turn. Or the decency to drain her completely. Instead she was left to her own devices, for how long none could be sure, and since she couldn’t tell of her life before Father gave her a new one.

Most importantly, he gave her a name. Sombria, or darkling in his native Portuguese, for her near chocolate skin tone and generally surly demeanor. Guerra for her will to survive and propensity for violence. He taught her to speak, read, and write all the languages he was fluent, including the Ancient Tongue making her one of the few Turnlings who knew the tongue of the Old Ones. It was true, Father had given her a charmed life and all would have been well had she not come across her Maker. Of course she didn’t recall but he reminded her the gory details of her family’s demise The family she couldn’t remember. That didn’t stop her from launching herself at him and ripping his throat out with her bare hands. In a very expensive evening gown no less, right in the middle of one of Father’s clan galas. That night was the first time she ran away and she barely made it a week.

That was nearly 10 years ago, and almost a little more than half as many attempts. And to her they were far from failures. No matter how brief the sabbatical, she returned with a better understanding of what she would need to be completely free from Home. The first step, and the hardest, was to get off fresh blood. Life with Father had blinded her to her Vampiric reality. People weren’t always willing to just allow you to drink they’re blood, not matter how politely you asked. The bagged stuff had been a novelty then, now it was her sole source of nourishment. That was what brought her home that last time. Father had cut off her supply after she had been gone for some months, now she had her own source. Plus a job and a tiny basement apartment in a sort of shady apartment complex on the fringes of the city.

It wasn’t much, barely a studio but it was hers. Truly hers, when she saw it she glamoured the manager into renting it to her exclusively for the foreseeable future. A ratty sofa that had been there when she moved in, a desk and folding chair were her only furniture. The walls were bare and the only appliance that worked in the kitchenette was the refrigerator. The only appliance she needed. Out of spite Sombria only took her prized possessions when she left. Her shoes and her guitar, the rest she left for the little whores who coveted her position in Father’s favor. She had no use for the expensive gowns and jewels. There were no galas in the real world and she was happy for it. Content to sit within her four walls and strum away.

Which is exactly what she was up to at the moment. Her thick hair was loose, looking like a jet black lion’s mane around her head. It wasn’t kinky enough to make an afro but it took some effort to get it to lay down straight so since being on her own Sombria had taken to wearing it as it was. Wild, like her. She didn’t bother getting dressed, sitting Indian style on the sofa with her guitar in lap in a simple white tank top and black boyshorts as she sang her favorite song. “Redemption Song”. The first song she ever learned and she played it every day at least once. Sometimes she simply played the chords over and over again, allowing the melody to soothe her. Other times she added her own verses but they never stood against the original.

Just as she made her way to the second chorus, the hairs on the back of her neck raised. She tried to ignore it, to play through it, but she knew she couldn’t. Reluctantly she lay her guitar down in its spot on the sofa and got up. By then there were heavy footsteps above and her body tensed with every report. Then came the music, loud and aggressive, and it covered the sounds of footfalls but it did nothing to lessen her unease. In the blink of an eye, Sombria got herself dressed and ready for work. She peeked out of her only window and smiled at the setting sun.

“Well that’s my cue,” she mumbled to herself as she headed up her stairs.
 
“Life sucks then you die”

I muttered it to my self a few more times watching as the sun began its slow descent in the sky. From this view I could almost forget the city down below that served as my punishment or “time out” as I saw it. I brought my beer up sloshing the contents around and studying it before I turned on my heel and chucked it into the scrap yard. I cocked my head using my supernatural hearing to track it as it soared through the air before finally crashing into a metal girder half a yard away.

“And the crowd goes wild” I murmured sarcastically walking on over to my Harley. It was nothing like being on my own four paws but the beast did have some speed to it and for now it was as close as I was going to get to the other. I slid onto the beast throwing my legs over and kicking it to life. The engine purred between my legs happily and for one second I allowed my self to smile as I anticipated the rush of the wind in my hair.

To be fair I wasn’t normally so… emo actually I was usually a happy go lucky guy if not a bit of a loner. However I was one month into my temporary exile and it was grating on me more and more with each passing day. I hated the city and the pack leader Aiden knew it I grew up in the forest both in my human life so when I was turned the national park we made our home was perfect for me.

Which was why I was so fierce in protecting it

I supposed in hindsight my response to the two hikers getting close to our little abode was aggressive. I mean I didn’t have to go at them didn’t have to bat their phones out of their hands and crush them. In my defense they were getting awfully close to our cave system but I couldn’t say for sure if they would have stumbled upon them.

My little incident endangered the whole pack or at least according to Aiden it did. Because I had some thing of a history of being aggressive it was decided that I would learn the hard way this time. The law of the Alpha was strong and evne though every fiber of my being wanted to ignored it I instead packed up my bags and went ot live my year in the nearest city.

I was only two months in

I drove back into the city limits pushing my bike as hard as I could before I hit the inevitable wall of commuters. Thankfully I timed my return into the city right before they hit and was able to get home and only flip three people off. My dingy apartment was paid for with my bartending money at a local non human club I was set up with. It was the only part I enjoyed in this little exile because I got to meet more of my kind and because I got to occasionally brawl. If there wasn’t any thing I loved more than being a wolf it was fighting in a past life I must have been a boxer some would joke in our little pack. There was nothing quite like it the adrenalin rush of fighting some one and making them bleed. I even fought bears just for fun because I knew they were truly trying to kill me instead of pretending to.

I wasn’t working tonight however so I bounded up the stairs to the second floor. I flicked n the light to my apartment and kicked off my steel-toed boots. I passed the mirror in my bathroom, ignoring the square jawed muscular bull like man who would have looked back at me. I tugged off my leather jacket and rolled my grey sweater up exposing my forearms as I hit the button for my stereo loud music began to blare out. I crashed n my coach kicking my feet up tipping my head back and closing my eyes as I listened to the music pound into my body.
 
It was close to two A.M. by the time Sombria waited just outside the fence for the last of the nurses to leave for the night. It was inevitable that one of the nurses would offer her a ride home, even after all the times the solo vampire had protected them. "A woman you're age shouldn't be walking the streets alone." She heard it on more than one occasion and tonight was no different. They were just being polite with their assumption, not even Sombria knew how many years she'd walked the earth so they didn't have a clue.

Tonight was no different. Nita was the last to leave. The youngest employee at the clinic, she was the most hard pressed to develop a relationship with the surly vampire turned security guard but Sombria wanted no parts of it. She suspected that the 20-something nurse might have been a lesbian they way she watched her most night. Not that there was anything wrong with that, Bri didn't let frivolous things like gender get in the way of her good time. If she were being honest, if she weren't in exile, Sombria would have happily given the curvy honey skinned woman the night of her life. And then promptly drained the life from her veins. But that wasn't who she was anymore.

"You sure you don't want a ride," Nita asked after she rolled to a stop, half behind the gate and half on the street so that it didn't close. Sombria simply shook her head, smiled at the pout that came to those full supple lips. "Not even to the train." Again she shook her head, with the addition of a subtle flick of her fingers. Gently dismissing the girl but all Nita did was laugh and shrug her shoulders. "Sea seguro Mami. Hasta la próxima. (Be safe mami. Until next time.)"

All Bri did was wave as she watched the beat up old Toyota drive away. She would have loved to accept the many invitations from her coworkers for drinks after work but Sombria didn't quite trust that she could keep her teeth to herself. It had been almost six months since she left Clan life and it was looking like it was going to be permanent this time but still she wasn't ready to assimilate. Loneliness was something she was used to, so she resigned herself to it.

With her ear buds firmly in place, Sombria let Portishead drown out the rest of the world for her 20 minute commute back home. In all her years, she'd never learned to drive. It was pointless since she could fly. Now mass transit provided the perfect training exercise. If she could ride a packed subway car without tearing into anybody's throat, Sombria counted that as progress. So she kept at it. The only time she ran into trouble was when one passenger or another got handsy but still they survived. Maybe bruised, a few broken bones, but still they breathed when they left her company.

The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end as soon as she entered her complex, a feeling that would have put her on the offensive before, though she couldn't help the way she scanned the darkness around her as she moved towards her building. That's when she saw him, getting off his bike. They'd yet to cross paths since he moved in and she liked to keep it that way. She dipped off the foot path, hugging the neighboring building until he made his way inside. He had to know she was there, living right beneath him but so far there had been no incidents. He was alone which was almost unheard of for his kind but Sombria wasn't taking any chances. As he went in through the front, Bri circled around to the back climbing in through the window of her ground floor apartment.

After a quick shower and a feed, she settled onto her ratty sofa to watch Being Human on Netflix. The idea of a vampire, werewolf, and a ghost living together in perfect harmony was far fetched but still the fantasy show gave her hope that she could survive this life she'd chosen.

But it was tough to enjoy with the music thumping above her head. It was pretty much nonstop, and usually it didn't bother her but when it disrupted the moment when Sally came back to life, Bri completely lost her shit. Her feet left the ground as her teeth came down and eyes went black. Fists clenched, she banged on the ceiling until the plaster cracked.

"I know you hear me fuckwad," she growled from beneath him. She didn't raise her voice, knowing that he would have no trouble hearing her. "Turn that shit down or I'll make it so you can't hear a thing."
 
He was half way into his second beer when his house mate made her self known.

He felt the floor beneath him bang rapidly and then her voice came through clear as day. He cocked his head having already smelt her foul scent when she tried to sneak by him earlier. She was a vampire but he had made no move to interact with her given the fact they were A supposed to be mortal enemies and B he had no reason to. Exile meant behaving and behaving meant not trying to pick a fight with some one outside of his work.

Even though he was curious about how she stacked up

He sighed “all you had to do was ask princess” He murmured knowing she would hear it as he reached over and flicked his stero off. The music abruptly ended cutting him into silence as he sighed and got up.

“grouchy ass blood sucker” He said to her moving over into his kitchen and grabbing his take out.
 
"That was me asking mongrel," was her quick response as she lowered herself back to the couch and restarted her show. But of course now she couldn't relax, that didn't mean she would be quiet.

Sombria followed the sounds of his footfalls, knowing that their apartments were laid out exactly the same. "You're among civilization now so you best act accordingly. Now be a good boy and eat your kibble quietly. I'll not ask again."

This was the most conversation she'd ever had with one of his kind and as usual Sombria prepared herself in the even things got ugly. She stepped into the heavy silver toed boots she kept by the door and grabbed the silver capped mace the hung above it, ran her thumb over the notches that ran up the shaft. She gave it a twirl and rolled her shoulders, preparing for his charge.

'You aren't at war anymore Bri. It was Keifer's voice in her head and even if he wasn't with her, she still rolled her eyes. Set the mace down and picked up her guitar as she flopped down on the couch. Just before she started to play, Sombria pulled the string of elongated incisors out of her tank top. In the event that he did come down, the three sets of vampire teeth she wore around her neck might slow him down enough so they might exchange proper introductions.

Slowly she began to play a chord progression of a song, gradually building to the proper tempo before she started to sing...
Ooh, stop
With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
But there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
Where is my mind
Where is my mind
Where is my mind

To be honest Sombria had a terrible singing voice. Raspy from all the years she went without speaking, it cracked and she was almost always out of key but still she only played songs with lyrics when she wasn't trying to think. And Where Is My Mind was one of her favorites. She figured the wolf could hear that too but of course she didn't care. 'Let him complain,' she thought to herself as she made it to the second chorus. 'I'm not disturbing the entire building.'
 
He heard her talk about kibble and snorted shaking his head at her kibble comment. The old him would have gotten angry and or even picked a fight with her but he was very aware of just how easily his freedom could go away. He took a deep breath and picked his steak up ignoring the burn marks on his skin as he ripped into it.

“ask and you shall receive blood sucker” he told her munching on more of his steak. He heard the strings of a guitar coming out and paused cocking his head to listen. He hummed softly to himself as she began to play the tunes nodding in approval.

“For a blood sucker you sure can play” He told her as he heard her voice coming out “not a bad voice either even if it is raspy” he said grabbing another beer and cracking it open on his scratched up wood coffee table.
 
Though she could hear him clearly, Sombria chose to ignore the wolf upstairs and continued to play. One song after another until she meandered back to her song. The last song she played before the sun rose and the first song she played when it set. She didn't always sing the lyrics, but tonight Sombria felt she needed the words to ground herself to the world she now lived in. The human world. With a werewolf in spitting distance.

"This is a test if I ever had one," she mumbled as she set her guitar down to lean against the wall. Her eyelids had grown heavy, the pull of the rising sun signaled her nightly preparations. The barricading of the small, yet bothersome windows in her bedroom and living room. Setting the steel beam across her front door before she went to the sanctuary that was her bedroom.

The rest of her place was sparse in design, but not her bedroom. A queen sized canopied bed dominated the space, barely allowing six inches of space between the sideboards and walls. The door barely cleared the foot board and she had to jump to get inside the heavy dark curtains that cascaded from the top of the frame to the floor. Keifer teased that it was overly extravagant but Bri couldn't relinquish all the comforts of Home.

Just before she closed herself in the canopy of darkness, Sombria noted that today was the beginning of her weekend. Unlike the humans she worked with, the prospect of time off didn't much appeal to her. Idle hands meant she would have time to muse on what her life used to be and that often led to trouble.

"Only if you let it Bri. It's time to get out into the world," she said to herself as she drifted off to sleep. Exhaustion making her forget about the one who lived above her who might be still be listening.
 
He listened to her play for a while his mind flashing back to the small corner of the forest he and his pack called home. They would no doubt be turning in for the night which meant Lily would have brought out the guitar that served as their entertainment and sing to them as they ate and cooked. It was a simple life but still his heart yearned for it. He idly wondered if the bloodsucker was home sick to for whatever coven she belonged to. From what he knew they traveled in packs much like werewolves. Maybe her pack was killed? He thought frowning and looking back down at his feet.

Or maybe she likes to be alone

To soon he heard her beginning her night time preparations (which involved a lot of heavy steel apparently. Soon she was in bed matching her fall right with the sun rising. He glanced out watching it rise his ears perking up as he heard her words.

“Huh” He said glancing down hearing her breathing slow. She was definitely running from some thing he surmised as he got up and went into the kitchen. He wasn’t sure what but he also had no intention of prying. Instead he pulled out one of his beers and gently opened the door making sure not to startle her as he swung over his balcony and landed on hers.

He put the bottle down by the window and jumped back up allowing himself the free use of his real strength. He had his own sleep to get for the club tonight so he crashed on his regular futon soon snoring softly.
 
It was just after sundown by the time Bri got out of bed. Of course she'd been up for a while, her battle hardened instincts wouldn't allow her to sleep straight through. She had learned not to rush out of the cocoon she created for herself as soon as her eyes open. She waited until night fell to drag herself out of bed but as soon as her feet touched the ground she knew something wasn't right.

Sombria remember a commotion sometime just after she slept, but it wasn't enough to raise her hackles. She just assumed it was the humans heading off to work, but now, fully awake, Guerra realized she might have been mistaken. She did a lap around her place, noting all her fail safes still intact but she didn't rush to let the night in. Instead she grabbed her mace and padded back to her bedroom. She could still smell him there, it was faint enough that she knew he hadn't made it inside but that didn't mean he wasn't perched just outside the sliding glass doors.

She steeled herself for the confrontation she knew was coming. Her feet set just under her shoulders, weight distributed evenly. Sombria was ready to take his charge, but when she pulled the boards down there was nothing.

Except one lonely beer placed just outside the window. She narrowed her eyes at it as she slowly slid the door open, her mace loose in her grip as she took a ginger step outside. Nothing but the crisp night air greeted her and she glanced up at the patio above hers before she picked up the tepid bottle.

"Is this supposed to be some kind of invitation," she mused as she cracked it open and gave it a whiff before she took a sip. "I'm sure you know that's not how this works."
 
"Who said any thing about an invitation" He said stepping out wearing nothing but jeans as he held his own beer. He made no move to come down there instead leaning and looking out at the city as he cracked his own beer open.

"More like a...... friendly gesture" He said shrugging "I mean your here and im here just because were supposed to be enemies doesnt mean we have to be and its important to me to keep the peace"

He sipped his beer and moved off the railing "come by the club some time blood sucker" He called going back inside and sliding the door shut "you would love it!" He said laughing as he finished his beer and tossed it into the trash can in a perfect arc. He went to his closet and pulled out his simple black t shirt pulling it over his muscular frame before running a hand through his hair. It stuck up at odd angles but he made no move to fix it instead grabbing his leather jacket and popping the door open to his apartment.
 
"That definitely sounded like an invitation," Sombria snorted and chugged the beer. She was more of a spirits girl when the mood struck but she wasn't the type to waste, so she drank down the cheap brew and headed back inside to open her place back up. There was nothing like the night air, even if it was a little brisk but temperature meant nothing to the cold-blooded.

It was the smells she enjoyed, the aroma of life. Both human and otherwise. The can crushed, Sombria went to her fridge for a bag of AB+ and put it immediately to her lips, all the while staring at the number on her fridge. She promised she would call him but had yet to feel the need. It had been almost eight months since she left, the longest she'd ever been gone. Sombria thought he deserved some thanks for that.

"That bar you frequent," she said in the Ancient tongue as soon as her cousin opened the line. He hadn't even said hello but Bri knew he was there. It was in her blood. "I'd like you to take me there."

"Well, isn't this a surprise. The Guerra the Menacing wanting to have a little fun that doesn't include bloodshed," he said with a snicker, and Bri rolled her eyes.

"Don't call me that," she said flatly, in English and Kiefer laughed outright.

"That mace may be mounted above your door but you haven't forgotten how to wield it dear cousin," he reminded her and again she rolled her eyes. "Why the change of heart?"

She explained her predicament, time off and nothing to do, and Kiefer agreed that it might do her well to be out among the masses. Not only to test her resolve but to get used to the world outside of the clan. It didn't have to be as isolated as she made it, but he understood her apprehension and once he knew she was serious about deviating from her usual path Kiefer was more than happy to help.

"Shall I drum up a party," he asked and she immediately declined. "You're right, perhaps just the two of us on your first night out. I'll be at your place in an hour, please don't be dressed when I get there..."

"Ewww Kiefer..."

"Oh please Sombria, like I could ever," he said, disgust plain in his tone until he heard Bri laughing on the other end. "Sure tease your only connection to the outside world."

"Yeah whatever. I'll see you in an hour."
 
HALF AN HOUR LATER

The wolf pulled up his bike growling in the alley way as he coaxed the beast to slumber. He jumped off ignoring some of the various creatures he called coworkers and pulling his bike up next to the others already parked. Some of the others nodded to him before turning going back to chatting with their various cocreatures as they puffed on their different cigarettes.

He wasnt a really chatty guy so he ignored them securing his bike (even though no one could enter the alleyway nor even see it) before bounding up the steps and going to the entrance. He entered hearing the base of the clubs music reverberating off the wall the second he crossed over the threshold. He put his hand on one of the glyphs etched into the wall murmuring a quick phrase and sighing as a dull wave washed over him. The sorceress who owned the club 9and half the magical and unmagical properties in the city) was kind enough to provide a spell to make the loud music bearable. They were set up in eight hour shifts so he would be good for the rest of the night. Next he went to sign in shaking his head at the mundane act like punching his time card and storing his stuff. He slipped on his security T shirt and turned walking over to his partner another werewolf who was here with his pack.

"Damien" Hector said turning "you rolling with me today pup" He said shoulder opening the door.

"Told you not to call me pup" Damien hissed narrowing his eyes "or Damien!"

"I am not going to call you wolf" Hector said snorting "you have a big head pup your less a wolf than I"

"Take that back" Damien said slamming Hector into the concrete wall before the older werewolf could blink.

"Damien!"

He heard her command and froze his teeth and fangs bare. There was a command behind his name and he reluctantly listened letting go of him and stepping back.

"Hector be a dear and dont pick fights you cant win" Elaine De Mont said her high heels clicking as she walked over to him and patted his cheek "run off" She said and smirked when Hector did growling at Damien as he did.

"Damien Damien Damien" She said tsking as she came over and touched his shoulder "You do know im supposed to be the person who decides if you stay in exile or go home yet here you are picking a fight in my club"

"He called me pup" Damien said scowling and glaring in his direction "baiting me"

"Right because hes a hot headed werewolf like you" She reminded him snorting "and as such is a perfect person for you learn to control your anger with trust me darling i like you but i want you to get to go home"

"Not sure why you care" He said snorting but threading their arms together and walking her back to the VIP booth that served as her office "your getting paid for my exile and im a cheap source of labor" He reminded her earning a laugh.

"Bigger picture darling" She reminded him letting go of his arm as they reached the door to her booth "now be good and stay away from Hector" She said winking at him before stepping through the door as if it wasnt there.

"Easier said than done" He called at the door before turning. He sighed pushing the anger from his mind before he walked out and into the club beginning to do his rounds
 
"Are those boots really necessary?"

Sombria didn't dignify the question with a response, simply stepped into the heavy lace up calf high boots. They were black, of course, with studded leather straps across the ankles that jingling a little when she walked. Regardless of the long sleeved lace crop-top she wore and distressed denim skinny jeans with the strategic rips just under her bottom and across her thighs, Sombria couldn't be anything but a bad ass. Just because she was out of the Clan didn't mean her demeanor had changed and she didn't know what kind of beings frequented this place he was taking her. Even if he was welcomed, there was no telling how many enemies she'd made over the years that might have found there way to such a place.

Despite herself, she didn't bring any weapons. Her natural abilities would have to do for tonight and Keifer gave a visible sigh of relief when she slipped on her long black coat. "Not even a little make up cousin," he said, his willowy frame propped up against the doorjamb in her bedroom. "Maybe a little eye liner...lip gloss...I know you own it."

"Come on Keifer I'm not going looking for a mate. It's bad enough you made me straighten my hair," she said and he rolled his eyes and stood up, blocking her path. Sure she could have moved him, with almost no effort but allowed him this triumph and went back to her dresser to swipe on a little black eyeliner. Sombria dotted a little silver shadow at the inner corner and lined her lower lid in a metallic green. The mascara she put on was a bit clumpy but she didn't care, wanting to get the ordeal over. A quick pass of lip liner the same color as her skin and a layer lip shine was more than enough.

"There, now was that so hard," Kiefer teased and this time Sombria did throw her shoulder into him. Though she didn't put much on it, the slight pale skinned pure-blood topple like a weak rooted tree caught in a stiff breeze. But still he popped back to his feet with ease, dusting off his Italian cut trousers. "Perhaps I should have said how beautiful you look," he asked as he adjusted the his sports coat, a devilish smirk on his thin lips.

"Perhaps...shall we?"

Kiefer offered his arm and Sombria took his elbow, allowing him to lead her out into the hall. Once they were outside, he lead her down the path that ran through the complex to the wooded area that surrounded it. It served as a buffer between the courtyard and the interstate but Sombria never had trouble hearing the noise of traffic all hours of the night. But they weren't going to the road, she knew that. Within a few feet Kiefer took off at a jog and in an instant became a murder of crows. Sombria much preferred her bats but they tended to cause a stir in the city so she followed his lead, taking to the sky.

Her mind cleared, consciousness stretched between 13 birds. Twenty six eyes watched the city pass below as they glided through air currents, allowing the route to be imprinted. They responded to the caws of the other murder and dove down to settled on the roof of what looked like an abandoned warehouse.

Twenty-six black feathered birds in the air became two vampires as they touched down, and as soon as she faculties back together Sombria realized there was something odd about this abandoned building. She didn't get a chance to say anything before Kiefer was stepping off the ledge and she quickly followed behind to land 10 stories down in a narrow alley.

"There's a witch here," she said through clenched jaws and Kiefer snorted, scanning the crowd to insure Sombria wasn't heard.

"Of course there is but she much prefers sorceress..."

"Potato, potahto..."

"No more like potato tomato so watch your tongue if you wish to be allowed back," he said with a stern look in his icy blue eyes. "I mean it Bri. Don't start any of your shit. Be nice, this isn't court so try not to insult anybody who doesn't have it coming...please ...for me..."

"Fine," she said rolling her eyes and shoved her hands in her pockets. "You just better hope nobody in there recognizes me..."

"If they do I doubt they'll mention it cousin. Come let's get a drink."

The smell of the place was overwhelming. As soon as Kiefer opened the door it overwhelmed her to the point her teeth shifted down from her gums and her eyes went black. There were weres of all kinds, sorcerers, and who knew what else and Sombria wasn't used to so much diversity in such a tight space without combat in mind. There were other vampires who also seemed to be having trouble keeping their feeding face in check, even as they socialized and danced.

"Relax cousin," Keifer whispered with his lips on her ear so she could hear him over the music. "There isn't much you can do about it...just don't bite anyone. Come let's get a drink." Again he took her by the arm, leading her to the bar, where a couple of weres gave her wide berth. Nostrils flared as a broad shouldered man sized her up but the woman he was with pulled him away. Her old self would have given the furball something to look at but she kept herself in check and listened as her cousin ordered them something called Revenant's Revival.
 
A FEW HOURS LATER

The door burst open one drunk warlock and a matching werewolf thrown out and sent scattering onto the wet street.

"Stay out you idiots" Damien said his teeth coming out as he growled at them "you know better than to break the rules your banned for a year!" He told them before slamming the door shut behind him.

He turned pinching the bridge of his nose. It was a full moon tonight which meant every one was coming in and senses were heightened. For the werewolves however it was even worse two of his kind had already changed during a heated argument causing him and the other bouncers to ban together to wrestle them out. Every one else was holding on for now but several fights were breaking out like wildfire it seemed every few minutes.

"We should get back out there" his partner for the night said scanning the crowds "who knows what shit is going down now"

"She should just shut the club down" Damien said glancing up at VIP "to many monsters and to much moon for this not to end bad"

"Thats what we are here for" His partner reminded him before he spotted some thing "looks like a drunk leprechaun" He murmured shaking his head before pushing his way through the crowd.

"You can handle that" He called before going back to scanning the crowd. He saw nothing to bad and was just about to join his partner when a certain voice hit him over the dim roar. He paused cocking his head to confirm it. His house mate was indeed here conversing with another vampire at the bar. He turned to the sound of the voice and narrowed his eyes shifting through every one until he finally found her.

It was some thing to put a name to the face. She was stunning so much so that he couldn't help but feel his breath hitch in his throat. she was decked out for a war it looked like which made him wonder if she knew this was supposed to be a dance club and not a fight club. The outfit didnt help his instincts as well which immediately tagged her as both dangerous and an enemy.

Damien felt his form rippling and narrowed his eyes concentrating on keeping himself in control. He moved forward at the same time pushing his way through the crowd to go join her at the bar. He didnt know why he was (and really if he wanted to behave he should have ignored her entirely) but he found himself drawn to her. He tried to make an excuse for it that he was being a good neighbor and that it was polite but he knew that they werent the real reason he was going over there.

Even though he couldn't be for sure what the actual reason was

"nice to see you out blood sucker" He said finally reaching her "would have hated returning home and realized you were still stuck plucking guitar strings" He said nodding at the bartender to let him know the drinks were on the house.
 
"Do you know this...wolf," Kiefer spat as he swiveled in his stool to cast a look of disgust at this newcomer who thought to insult his cousin, and perhaps bring the beast that she wished to squelch.

But all Bri did was chuckle a little as she sipped her drink of blood and something else. "To be honest I had no idea this is where you were inviting me," she said as she turned to the voice, and her eyes went wide for a second when she finally got a look at him. This was the first time she'd ever seen him up close and she was taken aback by what she saw. Sombria had been around long enough to have seen a handsome wolf or too but this one was different. There was something in his eyes, the way he looked at her that made her feel...almost warm inside. "Relax cousin, this is the inconsiderate neighbor I was telling you about."

"You live with a wolf?"

"Beneath, but now that we're face to face I would suggest we pretend to be a little more civilized, don't you think? I would hate for my sharp tongue to ruin this cheap fabric," she said and reached to tug at the sleeve of his t-shirt. The motion was quick, probably quicker than he could react to in his human form. "So let's cut the little species derived digs and go with the names we were given," she said, extending an icey hand. "Sombria Guerra...Bri if you feel so incline..."

"Don't call her Guerra in less there's blood to be spilled," Kiefer added with a raised eyebrow and Bri snorted.

"And this is my cousin Kiefer Seiva..."

"Clearly not by blood," he added with a chuckle that made Bri laugh before he explained further. "My uncle raised her as his own..."

"After his father slaughtered my family and left me for dead. So I guess that makes us siblings of sorts."

"Perhaps, but then would you have started your collection," he said with a chuckle and nodded for the bartender to bring them another round before he set his eyes on the wolf. "I'll warn you neighbor, you're looking at the only Changling to slaughter a few ancients and live to tell about it. I suggest you tread lightly."
 
Damien watched pretending not to notice the tug on his sleeve. Her speed was impressive he inwardly thought his eyes once again traveling up and down her frame "its to bad i cant fight because i would love-"

"My name is Damien but i prefer wolf" He said ignoring the snort the bartender gave in his direction "And here i thought you were here to see your friendly neighbor" He said snorting and leaning against the bar crossing his arms as he did.

"In any case its nice to see you out and about" He said ignoring her "cousins" thinly veiled warning "not that you need it apparently" Damien said shooting a mock horror look in Kiefers direction "but be careful tonight you know how most of the lesser creatures cant control them selves during a full moon we've already busted up a fair share of fights and no offense but you exclude a challenge" He said his nostrils flaring as he took in her scent and his eyes blackened slightly.

"Some one going to pick a fight with you sooner or later and while i relish watching you move I would have to have to kick you out of the club before i get a dance with you" He said launching himself off of the bar and turning to scan the crowd.

"Have a good time... bri" He said savoring her name more than he intended to before disappearing back into the crowd.
 
"Well that was unexpected," Kiefer said with a raised eyebrow as he watched the wolf fade into the crowd. "Seemed to me like that puppy was flirting with you..."

"Oh come off it..."

"As much as you would like the rest of us to ignore those shapely hips and generous bust, the exist cousin and he isn't the only one who notices," he said with a nod at a couple of their kind making glances in her direction. "Admit it Bri, you like the attention. You don't swing a sword anymore so why not be appreciated for something else, something not forced upon you by Father and the clan. You are beautiful Sombria and you've gone long enough without indulging that soft gooey center."

"I have no such thing," was Bri's quick reply to that and he rolled his eyes, but he didn't push. Kiefer knew of the longing she felt for someone to share her. She tried once but Sombria swore that part of her died with him. Dominic, another of Father's warriors but he wasn't nearly as proficient and paid dearly for trying to keep up with her. But that was ages ago, before they crossed the Atlantic and she had been alone ever since.

To be fair Sombria did enjoy her fair share of partners, human and vampire alike. There might have even been a warlock or two but no one worth remembering and now that she seemed to be settling into a normal life, boredom was beginning to take hold. A life at war soothed her primal desires and allowed her to ignore her need for companionship. Sure she had her job but that was a painfully mundane way to kill time and did nothing to alleviate her loneliness.

Sitting alone in her apartment wasn't helping either, so that night Sombria Guerra made a choice. She quickly downed her drink, slipped off her stool, and made her way to the dance floor. She didn't need a partner, the music was enough. And despite her warrior's gait, Bri moved with sensuous fluidity to the bass heavy EDM that blared through the club's sound system. Eventually though, she acquired a partner or two. No one special, just a body to grind against when the music called for it.
 
"You eyeing that blood sucker?"

"come off it" Damien said giving his partner a glare before pushing himself off of the concrete wall they were lounging on "I'm simply keeping an eye on the dregs down below"

"No you werent" his partner said snorting "you been watching that vamp you were talking to and you know it"

"Your seeing things" Damien said even as his eyes flickered back over to bri as she ground her body in between two Fae "why dont you go get a drink and clear some of them cobwebs out of your head"

His partner left not saying any thing but chuckling to himself as he disappeared towards the bar. Damien glanced to make sure he was gone before turning once again watching the blood sucker as her partners moved away from her. Why did he keep watching her? He thought to himself his brows furrowing as he tried to figure it out. He wasnt the kind to be racist (though centuries old hostilities made sure his blood boiled whenever he was around a vamp) but he had never been so interested in a vampire like he was with her. He felt drawn to her a kind of tugging on his heart that said come forward.

Before he knew it he felt his feet moving pushing him through the throbbing bodies as he walked over to her. Her two dance partners were gone leaving her temporarily alone to sway to the music when he finally found her.

"Hey" he said reaching out and tapping her shoulder as he spoke in a normal voice "you move pretty well Bri" he said using her name instead of a dig.

"Wanna dance?" He asked holding out his hand and offering it to her to take. He wasnt sure why he was offering hell even asking to dance with her but he did know one thing.

He really wanted to
 
She smelled him coming even before he step up behind her and tapped her shoulder. That was an odd thing, recognizing a wolf by scent alone. It was different than the rest of the wolves she'd encountered. Less wet dog with something like ginger mixed in. And Bri knew that was no cologne but Damien's own raw scent that filled her nostrils. Despite how he annoyed her, she liked it even before they met face to face.

"Aren't you supposed to be working," she said without taking his hand but Bri did step closer to him as her hips swayed to the beat. It was a song she loved by The Weeknd.
I only fuck you when it's half past five
The only time I'd ever call you mine
I only love it when you touch me, not feel me
When I'm fucked up, that's the real me
When I'm fucked up, that's the real me, babe

She didn't know the name but she sang along, forgetting for a moment that Damien had come to dance with her. Whatever was in that drink was starting to effect her as well. Bri felt herself floating, her body vibrated along with the bass. She could have been alone in her apartment the way she danced, her arms up in the air as she rolled her body and sang along.

It wasn't until the song went off that Bri realized just how close she was to Damien. His body felt like fire against hers but she didn't recoil, nor did she lose her sensuous posture as the DJ transitioned into the next track. Closer by Nine Inch Nails. Another one of her favorites but she didn't sing along this time, but still she kept dancing even though she got the feeling that someone was playing a cosmic joke running these overtly sexual songs together.

"I've never been this close to a wolf without wanting to rip it's head off...feels weird," she said with a smirk, not bothering to yell over the music. Damian heard her just fine through the floor and over his own music the night before so she doubted he had trouble now.
 
"boss you should see this"

"what is it" Elaine said half in a moan as he pulled the serving girls head away from her cunt to look at the warlock who barged in "you know better than to interrupt during my relaxing time"
"Yes Ma'am" He said bowing his head keeping his eyes downcast "but you asked me to watch the werewolf the one you...... helped come here and welll..." The warlock trailed off watching as the serving girl moved away from her pussy.

"Well what?" Elaine said stretching out her legs eyeing the girl as she began to wipe her mouth "honestly Derek its just a cunt go find one to plug with your cock and stop staring at mine before i get annoyed"

"Right!" Derek the warlock said jumping and furiously not meeting either one of those eyes "well the thing is he is dancing"

"Dancing on the clock" Elaine said snorting already beckoning the serving girl back with her fingers "tell the head of the security detail and stop bothering me"

"But hes dancing with a vampire"

Elaine stopped the girl with a raise of her hand turning and giving Derek her full attention "why didnt you say so from the beginning!" Elaine snapped getting up smoothing her dress out and pecking her serving girl on the cheek as she went to the window. Her magically trained eyes swept the crowd quickly finding him.

Pressed against an elder vampire

"Perfect" Elaine breathed smirking "Derek be a dear and make sure the next song the DJ plays is another slow song and tell the security guards to give him some space were playing match maker tonight"

...................

He ignored her working comment instead letting her flow into his arms. His hands slid around her fitting almost naturally with her as they in unison moved to the beat of the music. It was a sex song one dripping in overturnes and innuendos but it so perfectly matched this strange but wholly possessing feeling. He breathed her in ignoring the sickly sweet vampire smell and instead letting his nostrils fill with the spicy intoxicating scent she had on her.

He moved with her dancing keeping her close his large hands traveling all over her body. Touching her gave him sparks of electricity and he eagerly explored that feeling running his hands all over her as the music played dimly in the background.

She was saying some thing and he chuckled pulling her close his hands sliding down to he backside "I havent either" He admitted a dark lust filled chuckle escaping his mouth "but then again I have never wanted to rip a vampires clothes off instead of her head" He told her locking eyes with her as they continued to dance.
 
Bri laughed at that, but it didn't stop her from dancing with him. The music changed but it seemed the DJ had plans for everyone tonight. Or was it just them, she couldn't be sure but it seemed that once Damian found her on the dance floor all the tracks that followed were low tempo and sultry regardless of genre. Songs that made it impossible to dance without their bodies pressed together. She glanced around, putting her back to Damian and noted the mass of bodies swaying to the beat.

It was probably for the best, given the moon's orientation the sensual music probably cut down on the fighting. Combat was the last thing on hee mind at the moment with Damian's meaty hands pawing at her. Bri imagined this wasn't good for his job status but that didn't concern her either so long as he kept his big body pressed to hers.

She saw Kiefer looking in their direction, still at the bar with a waify blonde in his lap. But it was obvious he was more interested in what was happening with Bri and her furry neighbor. He narrowed his eyes at her and Bri blushed, unable to hold his gaze. That got him out of his stool with the scantily clad alabaster skinned girl hot on his heels. Bri rolled her eyes as Kiefer made his way over to them and pulled away from Damian.

"I think I have to go," she said with a little smile and reached out to take her jacket from her cousin. "Thanks for the drinks... and the dance."

Kiefer gave shot him a look as they left the dance floor and headed back to the street. Bri stumbled a little on her way out the door but he caught her by the elbow and laughed.

"Someone had a good time,"he said, shaking his head at her slurred chuckle. "Maybe a little too much..."

"What the hell did you give me," Bri said as she put her head on his shoulder. "And why did we have to leave?"

"Absinthe laced goat blood. Its meant to be sipped cousin... "

"Well then they shouldn't make it delicious..."

"Its my fault I should have stopped you at 3. Then maybe you wouldn't have found yourself dry humping a wolf on the dance floor."

"What I can't help it he's hot," she said with a shrug and again Kiefer shook his head.

"I'd much prefer you make that decision clearheaded."

He had her there, Sombria couldn't deny that nor didn she fight him when he stepped in front of her and motioned for her to hop onto his back for the rest of the journey back to her place. She didn't trust herself to keep her birds in order so she took the ride on her cousin's back with her eyes closed and didn't open them until they were at her door. Unsure of the hour, Bri offered him the couch but Kiefer declined.

"It's barely 3 cousin, I have plenty of time," he said as he helped her close up her place. It was more for his sake than hers. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if she forgot and the sun got in. "Don't forget the door Sombria."

"Yeah yeah I got it," she told him as she followed him out. He kissed her on the forehead, shaking his head. I'll call you tomorrow."

She waited until he was outside to shut the door, but of course she forgot to set the bar.
 
He was so lost in their dance that he almost didnt catch her words at first when she pulled away. He shook his head the feelings that were coursing through him starting to subside though they by no means went ahead.

"You have to go?" He said the words coming out of his mouth slightly jumbled "I mean yeah sure I think I should be thanking you for the dance however" He said winking at her and rubbing his crotch. She was gone however before he could say any thing else disappearing into the crowds with her "cousin" in tow.

Meanwhile

"Should we work a little magic Boss" A warlock asked watching as Elaine's eyes followed the vampire out of the club. She turned watching as Damien stood there looking a little lost and misplaced as if he was just realizing where he was.

"No I dont think that will be necessary" She said bringing her glass to her mouth and taking a measured sip "I have no doubt that our good little werewolf will follow his instincts by the time the night is over"

Damien finished the rest of his shift quickly and quietly his mind struggling to make sense of what happened on the dance floor. He wasnt like some of the more aggressive members of his race who believed vampires and werewolves needed to be locked into some forever war. Sure he liked fighting the few blood suckers that he had fought but that was because of the challenge not because of some predijuce.

But he had never felt the way he did about any one like he did with his new vampire house mate. he reached out his hands almost feeling her once more. The feel of her cool skin came back to him as well so smooth and silk like against his burning hot frame.

"Are you okay?"

His partner was looking at him with raised eyebrows. Damien realized his hand was outstretched and his cheeks were flushed and shook his head turning and disappearing into the back.

"Thank god its time to go" He said grabbing his leather riders jacket and sliding it over his security T shirt. He grabbed his keys and turned noting Elaine watching him from her spot in VIP. She raised a hand and waved good bye and he waved back and clocked out.

Damien hoped the drive home would clear his head but if any thing it was even worse her scent was there and since he took the same route home he breathed it in even as he rode down the street. Her scent was like a lure to him drawing him closer and closer to her as the memories of their dance filled his head.

enticing him

By the time he pulled up to the house and parked he was drunk, drunk on her scent and his wanton instincts. He didnt even realize he was going ot her apartment pushing her door open and shutting it behind him. his eyes wolf like and glittering in the dark scanned the threadbare room before he walked over to her bedroom. How he knew it was her bedroom he wasnt sure but he did.

And thankfully the door was open

He walked in studying her his tongue flicking out and drawing across his lip. He moved in peeling off his leather jacket and his shirt placing them on the dresser before his pants came off leaving him in a pair of tight black boxers. He carefully crawled into bed with her pushing his noise into her hair breathing in her scent even as his hands traveled up her legs and to her frame.
 
You can have my isolation, you can have the hate that it brings
You can have my absence of faith, you can have my everything
Help me tear down my reason, help me its' your sex I can smell
Help me you make me perfect, help me become somebody else​

"I've never been this close to a wolf without wanting to rip it's head off...feels weird," she said with a smirk, not bothering to yell over the music. Damian heard her just fine through the floor and over his own music the night before so she doubted he had trouble now.

She was saying some thing and he chuckled pulling her close his hands sliding down to he backside "I havent either" He admitted a dark lust filled chuckle escaping his mouth "but then again I have never wanted to rip a vampires clothes off instead of her head" He told her locking eyes with her as they continued to dance. A breathy giggle escaped her at that and Bri found herself pawing at Damian as he had her as their bodies rocked to the beat.

Then she blinked, her back against the wall of some dark room as furred hands pulled at her clothes. She was spun around, her pants yanked down around her ankles as that same hand wrenched her head upward, exposing her neck to a warm flat tongue that smothered along her jugular. The heavy musky scent of wolf filled her nose and her teeth came down their full length as her back arched from the sensation of claws grazing over her ass, tearing her panties to shreds.

"You're mine now bloodsucker," Damian husked in her ear...


Bri awoke with a start at the feeling of added weight in her bed. Her instincts took over as she rolled over onto the weight, her nails like talons as she grabbed at his throat. Her fangs came down with a hiss, posed to tear his face off when her eyes focused on the intruder.

"DAMIAN!" she shreiked as she stood, bringing him up with her. His feet came up off the bed as she held him by the throat. "What the fuck are you doing in my place...in my bed." Her voice was harsh and quiet but somehow filled the room as her eyes took on an icey glaze. "Make your explanation quickly."
 
Damian felt them both lift off the bed and he growled his own eyes becoming wolf like as his claws slid out with a small pop. He felt the anger the instinct the WANT to fight course through his body electric and fiery.

But he couldn't

He willed his claws to go away using all of his concentration to make it so. He was after all a stranger in her room and worst a werewolf.

"Im sorry" He said raising his hands locking eyes with her "I was coming back home and i felt that pull again and electricity before I knew it instinct was taking over and I was crawling into bed with you I didn't mean to upset you but if you don't let go of my throat then things may get a bit.... violent here"
 
Bri pushed the savage back down deep as she listened Damian's explanation, but she didn't let him down right away. "I'd say this is already pretty violent," she said as she tossed him against the wall like a rag doll.

Once the feeling of impending doom subsided, Bri became acute aware of their lack of attire. Mostly his. His light dusting of hair on torso that gradually thickened in route to the bulge in his shorts. The veins that ran up and down his corded forearms. That coupled with his scent, the sound of his thundering heart beat, and the dream he interrupted left her a bit befuddled as she stood in the center of her bed.

"What pull," she said absently as she climbed off the bed in search of her robe to cover her own naked body and went for her guitar. It was the only thing that could soothe her growing anxiety. And keep her hands from exploring his hard body.

She sat at the foot of her bed, her guitar rested on her thighs as she began to strum absently. It was just chords at first with no rhyme or reason. A-D-E...A-D-E. Or so she thought until she started humming the lyrics. Bri gave the guitar a hard slap, her eyes wide a moment before she set it down on the floor.

"Why are you here Damian...no bullshit...you show me yours I'll show you mine," she said without thinking about how it might sound then quickly facepalmed as the words replayed in her mind.
 
Back
Top