What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then Obama ran on it for reelection and won by four points and 126 electoral votes.

tumblr_inline_mlp1xehS211qz4rgp.gif


tumblr_inline_mg8franC0Z1qa9meg.gif


tumblr_lxpj6grFIe1qcaomb.gif


tumblr_inline_mhs7p3UaF81qz4rgp.gif


tumblr_inline_mjbvw6jNoc1qz4rgp.gif
 
So the mandate was used to force the CBO to lie and help pass ACA

and was supposed to be

key is now dead.............

ffuck ACA

lynch

Obama
 
So the mandate was used to force the CBO to lie and help pass ACA

and was supposed to be

key is now dead.............

ffuck ACA

lynch

Obama


But your Medicare that's far more socialist than Obamacare is just fine, eh comrade?
 
Had Pres Romney suspended Mandate for same reason......you would have screamed he is giving handout to big biz
 
Employer-Mandate Delay


By Grace-Marie Turner



It is astonishing that the administration thinks delaying the reporting requirements and fines for the employer mandate will provide relief. Apart from the fact that administration officials do not have the legal authority to change the statue requiring the mandate to begin in January of 2014, do they really think that employers will suddenly start hiring people for a year, only to have to lay them off next year?

Employers are going to continue to restructure their businesses to avoid pulling the 50-employee trigger. And it isn’t the reporting requirements that are the primary concern of employers – it’s the cost of the ObamaCare health insurance and fines!

This is further evidence the administration just doesn’t understand the fundamental reasons for the devastating damage this health law is doing to the economy. Giving employers a year is no reprieve.
 
You know who really feels stupid right now? All those people who bribed the White House for Obamacare waivers. Suckers!
 
TO BE FAIR, BANKING ON THAT HAS WORKED PRETTY WELL FOR THEM SO FAR: Investor’s Business Daily: ObamaCare’s Success Depends On The Young Being Stupid.
 
CBS: 'Obamacare' Delay 'Major Setback' For WH, 'Barely Operational' Law Would 'Hurt Workers'

where the fuck WERE THEY from day 1?
 
Employers are going to continue to restructure their businesses to avoid pulling the 50-employee trigger. And it isn’t the reporting requirements that are the primary concern of employers – it’s the cost of the ObamaCare health insurance and fines!
.


Can you name one employer with 51+ employees that doesn't provide minimal health insurance benefits? Nope, nobody can show that the number of companies this size who can't give basic benefits is significant in size at all.

But despite these companies not really existing in measurable quantities we're supposed to believe that their actions are going to impact the overall economy?
 
But your Medicare that's far more socialist than Obamacare is just fine, eh comrade?

Please don't use "socialist" and "comrade" in the same sentence again. The wingnuts on here are already confused enough about what "marxism", "communism", and "socialism" are, that comments like this just serve to help keep them ignorant even longer.

As rational, intelligent americans, it's our job to educate these poor, ignorant souls.
 
you must be proud, Curry

DUMB DAILY backs you up!

Toldya your BS plays well with DUMMIEZ

So, TippyNig will agree with you as well
 
Obama KILLS people

But Won’t People Die?



By: Erick Erickson (Diary)



They told us we had to do it. We had to rush through Obamacare; passing it to find out what was in it, as Nancy Pelosi told us. We had to do it and it could not wait because lives were depending on it. We needed to save lives and we needed to provide women access to birth control.

Suddenly, yesterday, the Obama Administration announced it would deny women access to contraception paid for by their employer after campaigning throughout 2012 on just how important paying for abortions and birth control under employer provided plans would be.

If you aren’t following along, Barack Obama has decided to delay implementation of the employer mandate — the mandate that employers must provide health insurance to employees — until after the 2014 election cycle. The law that had to be passed quickly to save lives can now be delayed. So how many people will die? That was their rhetoric. Lives depended on Obamacare.

Contraception is now considered an “essential benefit” under Obamacare that employers must provide, but now it’s only going to be essential to those who already have employer health insurance. The rest of the women? Sorry.

Back on May 24, 2013, Ezra Klein opined that employers would not stop dropping employees when the employer mandate went into effect.

Now he says repeal it. We’re going to hear this a lot. Barack Obama suddenly does not think he needs a central part of his law so it can be scrapped.

What is ironic here is that the left has, for months, used the talking point that Republicans are causing problems by obstructing the implementation of Obamacare. Now, suddenly, the President is going to delay implementation of one part of Obamacare.

Republicans need to take notice. We sent them to Washington to end Obamacare, not mend it. There should be no fixes. There should only be a continued fight to repeal Obamacare. The law we had to have yesterday is suddenly a law that can be punted. That means we should be able to repeal it and, concurrently in the debt ceiling fight, work to defund it.

Employers who have held off hiring employees because of the employer mandate will not suddenly start hiring, knowing they’re just prolonging the inevitable fines and taxes. This delay leaves uncertainty in the economy and the whole law should be repealed or, at a minimum, fully defunded. There should be no half measures.
 
Look!

Do you SEE QUESTOR?

The State Department Spent $630,000 on Facebook ‘Likes’




“It’s free and always will be,” runs the longtime slogan on Facebook’s sign-up page. Taxpayers, however, have shelled out $630,000 on a campaign to boost the number of people who “like” the U.S. State Department on Facebook, according to a new report from the department’s Office of Inspector General. The report states that the snappily named Bureau of International Information Programs (IIP for short) purchased large quantities of advertising space on the social network between 2011 and 2012 in an effort to build “global outreach platforms for engagement with foreign audiences by increasing the number of fans on IIP’s four thematic Facebook properties.” The expenditures had the desired effect:


The bureau spent about $630,000 on the two campaigns and succeeded in increasing the fans of the English Facebook pages from about 100,000 to more than 2 million for each page. Advertising also helped increase interest in the foreign language pages; by March 2013, they ranged from 68,000 to more than 450,000 fans.

However, as the OIG makes painfully clear, merely accumulating fans does not equate to effective diplomatic outreach:


Many in the bureau criticize the advertising campaigns as “buying fans” who may have once clicked on an ad or “liked” a photo but have no real interest in the topic and have never engaged further. Defenders of advertising point to the difficulty of finding a page on Facebook with a general search and the need to use ads to increase visibility.

IIP’s four global thematic English-language Facebook pages had garnered more than 2.5 million fans each by mid-March 2013; the number actually engaging with each page was considerably smaller, with just over 2 percent “liking,” sharing, or commenting on any item within the previous week. Engagement on each posting varied, and most of that interaction was in the form of “likes.” Many postings had fewer than 100 comments or shares; the most popular ones had several hundred.

The report dryly notes that simple measures such as “Like” counts “do not evaluate the usefulness of the engagement because many people post simple remarks, like ’so nice pic,’ or comments on unrelated topics. A sampling of IIP’s Facebook sites raises questions about how much real interaction is taking place.” The $630,000 question, indeed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top